Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2011, 03:19 PM   #916
Conservative Hippie
You seem somewhat familiar. Have I threatened you before?
My DH is a nuclear physicist...can you say weirdo???

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucymb View Post
Just back from our half week at WDW!

I used the baby care centers in the Studios and Animal Kingdom to pump. I tried to use the Epcot Baby Care Center, but they would not allow me to bring the stroller in with me. Don't know what I was supposed to do with the baby! I was quite frustrated, but Guest relations directed me to a private room and I was able to pump. Not sure why Studios and AK allowed me to bring the stroller in but Epcot didn't. So for anyone who needs to know, there you go.

Bringing strollers in to Baby Care isn't always consistent. I believe officially they want you to park strollers outside - can you imagine if everyone brought their stroller in?? Epcot and MK's Baby Care in particular are just not large enough for strollers. I have seen strollers inside the Baby Care at AK quite often, but I have also seen CMs ask parents to please park outside.
Me ~*~DH ~*~DD (6) ~*~DS (3) ~*~#3 (due 3/8/14)
4 WDW vacations from 2003-2006~*~450 days spent at WDW since 2007~*~2 DCL Cruises since 2011

Conservative Hippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:16 AM   #917
kimmg
Mouseketeer

We're less than one month away from our son's MAW trip and I'll be nursing my DD who'll be 21 months. I nursed DS all over in a wrap when we went when he was 10 months and I've nursed them both all over DLR.

DD usually doesn't nurse much when we're out and about but when we have long days she usually does and being gone for that many days I'm sure she'll need the re-connection time. DS self weaned shortly before DD was born(I'll let you do the math on that but seriously with what was about to become he needed it). I'm so happy to find this thread. Lots of great tips and I'm sure I'll add to them. Carriers have been my best friend so we could feed on the go.

Our Pre-trip report
WDW '96 '05 '07
DLR I lost track some where along the way but many, many trips since birth
kimmg is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2011, 08:36 AM   #918
DiscoMinnieMouse
Earning My Ears

I finally joined Disboards after finding this thread! I nursed all over WDW when my daughter was 9 months - favorite place was POC - my husband always jokes that she gets thirsty now every time she rides it . Hopefully we'll be at WDW later in 2012 - my son might still be nursing a little, who knows. For now, I still get to enjoy a few more weeks of maternity leave. I loved the Baby Care Centers for nursing with my daughter - at the time it was September, hot and sticky, and the Centers were a nice relaxed place to get away from the heat and crowds.

Me (39) DH (40) DD (7) DS (2)
DiscoMinnieMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:11 AM   #919
ashleym337
Mouseketeer

I love this thread!! I'm so excited to be able to nurse my sweet baby girl in the world in just a few weeks!

This is my second child but my first to nurse. With my son, now 5, it was an emergency c-section in a military hospital (enough said for most). I was going to breastfeed only but had problems with him latching and him losing weight. I actually had the ped doctor there say "why would you even want to breast feed anyways". I looked at him and said you have to be the most ignorant man I have ever met and walked out. But, due to a terrible recovery, them giving him formula and me getting mastitatis (spelling?) it didn't work out for us and i was CRUSHED!!! And just and FYI if you have a child over 8 lbs (my son was 9) they may need to give either formula or sugar water in SMALL doses to keep their sugar levels up. Had they said this to me in the hospital there would have been no problem with him getting something else for a little while, but... no soup.

but my daughter... so happy to be able to BF. It has been so amazing and I am so thankful that I am able to. She's now almost 4 months old (ohhh she's getting so big) and I am so looking forward to nursing at WDW. All these stories of people getting rude comments or looks kill me. I am the first in my family to nurse (my step mom did nurse my little brother and sister) and thankfully everyone supports me. But I DARE someone to say something to me while I nurse. It amazes me that people actually think its wrong or weird. How can it be "unnatural or weird" if that's what our bodies produce naturally. ITs like saying someone who uses the bathroom or passes gas is nasty. WE ALL DO IT!!!!! And I think it says something also when the makers of the formula HAVE to put on all their bottles that BREAST FEEDING IS BEST! Doesn't that tell you something?!?!? You would think people would get a clue!!

Anyways, off my soap box! Love all the support on here for us breast feeding mommies!!

DH ME DN 17 DS 7 DD 1 DS baby

ashleym337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:38 AM   #920
Conservative Hippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleym337 View Post
I love this thread!! I'm so excited to be able to nurse my sweet baby girl in the world in just a few weeks!

This is my second child but my first to nurse. With my son, now 5, it was an emergency c-section in a military hospital (enough said for most). I was going to breastfeed only but had problems with him latching and him losing weight. I actually had the ped doctor there say "why would you even want to breast feed anyways". I looked at him and said you have to be the most ignorant man I have ever met and walked out. But, due to a terrible recovery, them giving him formula and me getting mastitatis (spelling?) it didn't work out for us and i was CRUSHED!!! And just and FYI if you have a child over 8 lbs (my son was 9) they may need to give either formula or sugar water in SMALL doses to keep their sugar levels up. Had they said this to me in the hospital there would have been no problem with him getting something else for a little while, but... no soup.

but my daughter... so happy to be able to BF. It has been so amazing and I am so thankful that I am able to. She's now almost 4 months old (ohhh she's getting so big) and I am so looking forward to nursing at WDW. All these stories of people getting rude comments or looks kill me. I am the first in my family to nurse (my step mom did nurse my little brother and sister) and thankfully everyone supports me. But I DARE someone to say something to me while I nurse. It amazes me that people actually think its wrong or weird. How can it be "unnatural or weird" if that's what our bodies produce naturally. ITs like saying someone who uses the bathroom or passes gas is nasty. WE ALL DO IT!!!!! And I think it says something also when the makers of the formula HAVE to put on all their bottles that BREAST FEEDING IS BEST! Doesn't that tell you something?!?!? You would think people would get a clue!!

Anyways, off my soap box! Love all the support on here for us breast feeding mommies!!

Congratulations for a great start with your new little one! I had a really rough time with my first baby, too - - thrush, mastitis, more mastitis. But after 3 months it was peachy, and she ended up nursing until she was 2 1/2. With my son we still ended up with thrush and had a rough time for the first 6 weeks. He is 16 months old now, and is already weaned himself waaaaay down to just once or twice a day! I doubt he is going to go much longer! Also, both of mine were over 8 lbs (8 lbs 1 oz and 8 lbs 15 oz), and neither one has ever had formula or sugar water. I am lucky to have a pediatrician who is very supportive of breastfeeding! It is extremely sad that our society has developed such an awful attitude to feeding your child as God intended, but all we can do is continue to educate people and feed our babies!
4 WDW vacations from 2003-2006~*~450 days spent at WDW since 2007~*~2 DCL Cruises since 2011

Old 11-30-2011, 09:00 AM   #921
FiveBoys
Earning My Ears

I breastfed all my boys, except my oldest was weaned at 8 weeks because I was in the military, and was young and simply uneducated about my rights as a breastfeeding mother. I figured there was no way I would be allowed to take the time to pump while I was working on the flightline.
I exclusively breastfed all my others, including my twins, for at least a year. My youngest is 15 mos and still going, but he only nurses before bed now, I figure he will self wean soon.
I applaud all you exclusive pumpers! When my twins were in the NICU and I was pumping round the clock it was exhausting. It is much more difficult than straight up breastfeeding. Way to go!!!!
When we lived in CA we had annual passes to DL and went at least once a month. The baby's first trip was when he was only a few days old. I primarily nursed in a wrap, but found that Pirates, Buzz, and HM are also great! With a wrap, people don't even realize what you are doing, LOL.
I thought I had a photo, but I can't find it
Old 12-06-2011, 09:48 AM   #922
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran

DS is 16months and last week we nursed all around the world. It was funny because he nurses alot when he's scared - and in dark/semi-scary rides like A Bugs Life 3D, Snow White's Scary Adventures, POC, ect.. He's latch and nurse every single time something scary happened - and then stop and laugh. So cute!

Nursing in the Ergo - you can see his little hand - he's signing for "milk"

He was actually side-nursing here - his mouth was latched, but he was looking at the camera!

Up Next: October2014
Feb 2014 TR - click HERE
DsnyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:03 AM   #923
Conservative Hippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DsnyMama View Post
DS is 16months and last week we nursed all around the world.

He was actually side-nursing here - his mouth was latched, but he was looking at the camera!

Awesome!!!!

I'm getting a little sad because my son, almost 17 months old, seems to be self-weaning a lot quicker than my daughter (she nursed to 30 months). He's already down to once or twice a day, and this past Saturday he didn't nurse at all!!

Old 12-06-2011, 10:06 AM   #924
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conservative Hippie View Post
Awesome!!!!

I'm getting a little sad because my son, almost 17 months old, seems to be self-weaning a lot quicker than my daughter (she nursed to 30 months). He's already down to once or twice a day, and this past Saturday he didn't nurse at all!!

That is definitely one thing I don't see in our near future - weaning! We'll nurse until he's ready to stop and right now he nurses at least every 2 hours, and most of the time it's hourly unless we are on the go!

Up Next: October2014
Feb 2014 TR - click HERE
DsnyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:16 AM   #925
JoanneDisFan
Mouseketeer

Looks like you all had a great time.

Weaning is defiantly different. DS had been only nursing 3 times a day for a while, but I decided to cut out the mid day nursing. I wanted to get back to wearing a supportive bra. But I still do morning and bedtime. A few times I've been out and he'll go to sleep without his evening feed, so it's only time till we stop. I admit I like being able to go out and not worry about making sure he can nurse.

Dec 2005- AS Movies, Sept 2008- Free Dining AS Movies, Oct 2011- Coronado Springs, Sept 2013-Free Dining Caribbean Beach,
(Me) (DH) (DD14) (DS 3)
JoanneDisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:19 AM   #926
Conservative Hippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DsnyMama View Post
That is definitely one thing I don't see in our near future - weaning! We'll nurse until he's ready to stop and right now he nurses at least every 2 hours, and most of the time it's hourly unless we are on the go!
That was how my daughter was at that age. At 18 months she stopped nursing much if we were out and about, but if we were at home all day she would still nurse several times. Then around 20-24 months she was down to just morning and night, and her bedtime nursing was the last thing to go. My friend's son nursing every 2 hours around the clock until he was 2 years old. She wanted so badly to let him self-wean (she cut her older two off early because a pediatrician told her she had to), but it was really taking a toll on her, particularly the nighttime nursing. She tried to cut him back, but it caused too many problems. So right after he turned 2 she cut him off cold turkey.

I don't think my son will even make it to 2! But, it's his choice. He knows how to "ask" for it, and I still offer, but sometimes he's just not interested.

Old 12-29-2011, 06:58 PM   #927
jkstewart1800
DIS Veteran

bump

DS 10 DS 7

jkstewart1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:16 PM   #928
MommyBell08
DIS Veteran

Ill be nursing my 7 month old in the world in 33 day! WoOHoO~

ASMo'04*O.S.'06*POP'07*POP'09*CSR'09*AKV'11(KV)*AK V'12(J)*OKW'12 OHANA ....Coming soon AKV'14 and SSR'14

MommyBell08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:15 PM   #929
MrsTeddy
Mouseketeer

Love this thread! I am a newly certified Lactation Consultant and think that support from other mama's is SO importnant!

I nursed DS IN MK at 8 months, he nursed really well in the AM in Carosel of progress, I don't think I bothered with a cover. I then offered him a few times in other dark/quiet places and twice in the baby centre but it was a no go. Little stinker was far too excited and stimulated by everything that he just wouldn't nurse. I was so worried about his hydration! He was eating table food and did eat tho.

Finally he nursed during the electric parade with me sitting on the curb. I think I may have had a blanlet but he never tolderated covers well and I find the just draw more attention.

I am looking forward to a week in the world in July with our 3 month old! We are taking it slow and I will nurse anywhere! Hoping to have success with one of my slings or wraps as well!
MrsTeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:25 AM   #930
candielips
DIS Veteran

I am so happy to see this thread still going. It started up almost 2 yrs ago and I was still nursing my DS.

Since then my DS weaned himself at 14 months. Very sad, but both my kids weaned at this age, and they were both done. the funny thing is my DS2 still uses my breasts as comfort. he likes to pull my shirt down and snuggle. One time my DD4 saw him doing this and tried to do the same. Since then if he sees her looking at them, he'll quicly cover them up and hold my shirt over them so she can't even see them. Funny boy!

As for large weight babies, my DS was 9lbs 5oz and he never needed any other supplement. I remember the nurses in the hospital were trying to push formula on me since he was nursing nonstop. I eventually had to tell them to get lost as my midwife could help me if I needed it.

Stand your ground.

When my DD was 3 months old she wasn't gaining too much weight and my Dr tried to suggest formula. I kindly told him that it was not an option at all and we would have to explore other avenues. he never asked again.

Again, so happy to see this thread still going. Keep up the great work ladies!

Tags
breastfeeding

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: