Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2011, 07:46 AM   #751
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by december View Post
I make sure I cover up at home. I'm a high school teacher, so I have to be really careful! But at WDW.......as you said, you'll never see them again! It didn't phase me a bit to NIP there!
Glad to know I'm not the only one that thinks this way.
TarzansKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:50 AM   #752
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by aripantaloon View Post

Well, we went to the Laugh Floor show and they were putting the camera on the audience before the start of the show and she was nursing. I didn't realize that this part was live with the current audience until I saw the guy who was sitting directly 2 rows in front of me. Of course I started to freak out because I didn't want to be NIP on the tv screen. DH thought it was hilarious, of course.

I'm sorry. I laugh at your expense, I would hate to get caught on camera!!!

Quote:
I didn't have any favorite nursing spot since pretty much any bench or edge of a planter was good enough for us. I wore regular bras and shirts, too. I just pushed up the bottom of the bra and lifted my shirt a little since I really hated almost all the nursing bras I've ever had. They either didn't provide enough support, were scratchy, or were so supportive that they were like my grandmother's bra (great at the beginning, but not so great after you have to wear one for years on end).
I would have never thought of actually pushing up the bra to nurse and wearing a semi normal one. And I just ordered more nursing bras that I'm not entirely in love with. Hmm...good food for thought, I'll have to rummage around and see if I can find some in the size I currently am.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2011, 07:51 AM   #753
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I'm really jealous of you girls that can cover up with your shirts. My ****s are way too big and...saggy to do it. My girls are OUT when we NIP.
Ditto that, my friend. And you know what I find to be frustrating? Sometimes when he gets distracted he'll do this on, off, on, off, on, off thing, and I'm looking at him thinking, hey! These are my goods you're flashing here!
Old 05-03-2011, 08:27 AM   #754
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Ditto that, my friend. And you know what I find to be frustrating? Sometimes when he gets distracted he'll do this on, off, on, off, on, off thing, and I'm looking at him thinking, hey! These are my goods you're flashing here!
Yes! My LO does that also. Usually when she's not getting anything anymore or she's trying to keep herself from falling asleep. It's funny because I'm a VERY modest person. I don't wear anything above the knee, I hardly ever show cleavage. I'm always covered. However, I will NIP anywhere, anytime. I don't care who can see or how much. I love it!!! Keep at it mama, your comfort level will get there eventually.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:19 AM   #755
jkstewart1800
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
I love the nursing tanks for sleeping but they don't offer me enough support for during the day time. Although you do bring up a good point. If I'm wearing a tank top, and carry around my short sleeve hoodie, I can always pop that on and have the extra coverage over my skin while nursing.
I wore a regular nursing bra under the nursing tank... my girls were 38 DDD at their biggest. While I nursed into the later months I settled in around a 36DD....

DS 10 DS 7

jkstewart1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:28 AM   #756
jkstewart1800
DIS Veteran

Nursing Bras

The best ones I found were Wacoal underwire - and I got them at Nordstrom's in St Louis - they were pricey though... but worth it. I bought 2 and they lasted me a year.

Here is a link to something similar.... http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/anita-in...0-002219319097

They were cute, thin straps, and comfortable ..... sometimes you gotta put the money into things.....

DS 10 DS 7

Old 05-03-2011, 10:30 AM   #757
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

i just have to say...the rest of me may be flabby as all heck but my arms are diesel! Between nursing and lifting that stupid infant seat in and out of the pickup truck I'll at least have nice arms. The rest of me will be jello but I'll be able to start my sleeve finally! The joys of motherhood
Old 05-03-2011, 03:45 PM   #758
TarzansKat

Quote:
Yes! My LO does that also. Usually when she's not getting anything anymore or she's trying to keep herself from falling asleep. It's funny because I'm a VERY modest person. I don't wear anything above the knee, I hardly ever show cleavage. I'm always covered. However, I will NIP anywhere, anytime. I don't care who can see or how much. I love it!!! Keep at it mama, your comfort level will get there eventually.
That's too funny! See, I'm not opposed to a little skin, which is funny. I'm a tank top and shorts kind of girl, but I just have to get to the point where I can whip 'em out and not care! Honestly, I don't think it'll take much. If you have a fussy baby and you know what's going to fix it, how much will you really hesitate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstewart1800 View Post
I wore a regular nursing bra under the nursing tank... my girls were 38 DDD at their biggest. While I nursed into the later months I settled in around a 36DD....
Oh, hon. I feel your pain. I was a triple D as well, I am now down to a DD, lord knows how small they'll end up when I'm done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstewart1800 View Post
The best ones I found were Wacoal underwire - and I got them at Nordstrom's in St Louis - they were pricey though... but worth it. I bought 2 and they lasted me a year.

Here is a link to something similar.... http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/anita-in...0-002219319097

They were cute, thin straps, and comfortable ..... sometimes you gotta put the money into things.....
Oh, you don't have to sell me on good quality bras, a long time ago, I used to work at Victoria's Secret. They had great bras back then and it was awesome to get an employee discount because they're SO pricey. I'll check that link out.

Quote:
i just have to say...the rest of me may be flabby as all heck but my arms are diesel! Between nursing and lifting that stupid infant seat in and out of the pickup truck I'll at least have nice arms. The rest of me will be jello but I'll be able to start my sleeve finally! The joys of motherhood
Old 05-16-2011, 10:56 AM   #759
jkstewart1800
DIS Veteran

bump

DS 10 DS 7

Old 05-16-2011, 11:33 AM   #760
TinkWink
Mouseketeer

We came home on Friday. I nursed at: entrance to RnR (sat on the landscape wall), inside Innoventions (ahhhh...chairs in a dark, cool spot!), Chef Mickey's, Cosmic Ray's, Tusker House, Beauty and the Beast show, and I think that's it. We went back for naps, and she is 26 months, so only every 4-5 hours max. I didn't notice any dirty looks or anything - if anything, I didn't even see anyone notice at all! So lovely to have a portable beverage and calming device!!

12/07 WL 5/11 CR (took our Sweet Girl for the first time!!)
TinkWink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:36 PM   #761
Adi12982
DIS Veteran

This was back in October - my first time breastfeeding in public at Disney. It was too hot for the cover over the baby, she pushed it off, but still discreet. DH snapped the picture. This was the AKL Jambo House, between the pool and playground - I couldn't see the pool from where I was sitting, these chairs are more hidden.

Adi12982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:09 PM   #762
Juliet25
DIS Veteran

That's a really sweet picture.
Juliet25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:55 PM   #763
SoonerSarah
DIS Veteran

For anyone wanting to NIP and be more discreet without a cover, I have always found that wearing a shirt that is an bit more stretchy and loose at the hem was really good for pulling up over my fat stomach and huge saggy breasts. Shirts that are longer, such as tunic style shirts, also work really well. I would try to find shirts that measured 30 inches.
SoonerSarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:56 PM   #764
Adi12982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerSarah View Post
For anyone wanting to NIP and be more discreet without a cover, I have always found that wearing a shirt that is an bit more stretchy and loose at the hem was really good for pulling up over my fat stomach and huge saggy breasts. Shirts that are longer, such as tunic style shirts, also work really well. I would try to find shirts that measured 30 inches.
I've found that since I always have an undershirt I don't have to worry about my tummy showing. It is always good to think of different ways to be discreet

Old 05-17-2011, 11:57 PM   #765
Adi12982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliet25 View Post
That's a really sweet picture.
Thanks! I had planned on DH taking pictures of me nursing around the World, but I ended up mostly nursing in Baby Care Centers and DD was so distracted she didn't nurse as much as she would have at home.

Tags
breastfeeding

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: