Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2010, 08:47 PM   #466
kdfogliano
Mouseketeer

the becco looks similar to the ergo!

i know its a bit pricey, but you can use it for sooo long! I stop wearing once they are walkers but I used the ergo up to 13 months with my older one, it really supports you!

have you checked ebay or craigslist?
Old 09-02-2010, 08:04 AM   #467
DisneyLindsay
Mouseketeer

I am going to try to post pics of me using the ring sling for you. My 8 month old baby was pretty big, she has been a solid little girl from about 6 months of age on, lol.
I'm not sure how to post pics, so I need to go and find out! lol

DH ME
DS DD DD DS
DisneyLindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2010, 08:33 AM   #468
WendyLovesPeter
I wanna go back. I gotta go back to WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLindsay View Post
I really like the Ring Slings, you can buy them online, if you google maya ring sling!! They also give you a pattern if you are handy and can sew one yourself!! I have 4 in different colours, for ease of use and washing!! I have used a ring sling for 2 of my 3 babies, my first I was a newbie and had no idea they were available. I used a snugglie and a baby bjorn, unfortunately being large chested neither were comfortable, and bother were really hard on my neck and back!! The Ring sling was a god send!! I have no pressure on my back at all!!

Last year a disney I carried my 8 month old almost all the time in the sling and I nursed where ever needed and I used a receiving blanket. THis year, I have a 10 week old and we leave next week I have ordered the nursing hats as the blanket is too hot and not fair to her. I am going to buy a couple of nursing tanks as I do not want my belly exposed after 3 babies in 3 years NO ONE want to see that! lol.
I got some of those belly band things that some preg women wear. They come in many many colors, and I wear them under my shirts, so when I lift the shirt up, my belly is still covered by the band.

When its too hot for that I drape a receiving blanket over my arm, so it hangs in front of me. Then when I lift the shirt the blanket shields my lovely abdomen . The blanket also puts a thin layer between her head and my arm so no sweaty head when its hot.
WendyLovesPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:47 AM   #469
cseca
My legs are wimpy but my will is stronger...

WOW! I just found this thread and I wished this was started when I had DD...
I was freaking out trying to figure out where to nurse DD when we went to WDW/DCL for the first time. But everything turned out great, no problems at all. I am not a very public person tho, so I tend to find a place to hide when I NIP.

Just want to share my experience as a new mom. Before DD was born I knew I wanted to bf. That was never a question. I read everything in books, online, asked my experienced friends. But nothing really prepared me for the pain... (ok, not to scare the new mommies-to-be out there).

When DD was born the nurses and LC at the hospital offered to help. I of course said yes. About 45min after DD was born I started trying. We just couldn't figure it out... She kept losing weight and we figured out my milk hasn't come down yet
We had to supplement and as a new mommy I freaked... I heard all the stories about how babies once they had a bottle wouldn't want the real thing anymore. I cried and sobbed and drove DH crazy... (it's funny now...).

We kept at it though, sore bleeding nips and all... I think it was about 1.5-2months later when we REALLY figured it out. Everytime I thought I was ready to quit from the pain and frustration I think about all the good stuffs that come with bfing. Thank goodness for my stubborn hard head.

I also pumped with this amazing contraption:
http://www.medelabreastfeedingus.com...ony-breastpump

I bought the cheapie pump before my sister gave me this one (she finished bfing years ago but still has this sweet wonderful device), and the difference is unbelieveable.
With the cheapie one there just wasn't enough suction and it took a long long while for me to pump. This one is amazing...

I actually ended up renting it from the hospital before I got the one from my sister.

I think aside from all the health benefits of bf-ing I really prefer it vs. formula feeding. There's no bottle washing/sterilizing, formula making in the middle of the night, conveniently packaged, baby is eating from me which means I can snack a bit more... hehe... Honestly I thought I would not enjoy bf-ing, but I was so wrong.
I was heartbroken when DD weaned herself off by 13mo. I was hoping to bf a little longer, but she was done with me. Although it's funny because if I change my clothes in front of her and she still would say or sign "milk"...

So my advice for new mommies to be:
1. Don't give up! Keep trying... BUT if you can't do it, then don't feel bad.
2. If your milk hasn't come down yet, it's ok to supplement for a little while. Don't let you and your baby miserable. When you milk finally comes it'll be a lot different experience.
3. If you plan to pump only for a little bit, I suggest renting the hospital grade pump. It'll make your life SO much easier.
4. If you have so much pumped milk that you don't know what to do with, I believe there's a place where you can donate your milk. You might have to do some research on the place closest to you.
From what I read somewhere, your milk changes as you go along so the milk that you pumped and freeze when your baby is 1mo old vs. when your baby is 12mo is completely different. So it might not be such a great idea to keep pumped milk for too long. Again, this is from what I read.
5. Nursing at WDW is not as hard as you think. There are lots of places to duck into if your a "hider" like me. Counterservice places during off times, benches at secluded places (EPCOT rose garden, EPCOT benches facing the lake, MK behind the christmas store, EPCOT behind character spot and it's air con too), and of course all the child care locations are nice and cool.

Oh and from all the stuff that I bought during the new mommy stage here are my favorites:
1. Cami: http://www.target.com/Liz-Lange-Targ..._qi_detaillink - Sooo comfy and stretchy, no shelf bra that I hate. I still wear it now even tho I'm done bfing.
2. Boppy pillow - I use it for feeding and when DD is starting to sit up I use it to support her sitting as well.
3. Receiving blanket: http://www.target.com/s?ie=UTF8&node...590&releaseID= - These blankets are big enough for swaddling and made with breatheable cotton muslin cloth. That's why they are also great for bf coverups when you NIP.
Now we still use this blanket for traveling and stuff.

We are praying that the next one will come and I could bf again...

Here's to all bf-ing MOMS and all their supporting spouses!!!
cseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:48 PM   #470
aksunshine
DIS Veteran

DLindsay-That would be great! Do you have a photobucket account? Upload there, copy the IMG code, and paste it into your post!
aksunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:10 PM   #471
Karlzmom
DIS Veteran

Great Thread! My nursing days are behind me, but DS and I "nursed around the world" when he was just turning 1 back in 2006. If there were dirty looks, I didn't notice, but then I was fairly well practiced and comfortable with the whole process by then. DS was is a large child, so no doubt someone thought I was nursing a pre-schooler, but oh well!

I loved my Glamourmom tanks with a button-down, camp style shirt over. only had to undo the top few buttons, but was covered under. DS would easily sit on my lap and it looked more like he was just having a hug/cuddle. I loved the baby care centers, but it wasn't always convenient to trek there when he wanted a bit to eat, so we nursed darn near everywhere....

On a slightly unrelated, but hopefully helpful to someone else, I was able to sucessfully BF until DS was 17months old while working fulltime as an attorney. Simply be asking, I was able to get a room set aside for pumping at the courthouse I work out of [please note that I am not court personnel, I'm a prosecutor who has an office offsite -the sheriffs gave me access to their women's locker room...very nice space, book case perfect for a pump set up, floor lamp for comfy lighting, a nice chair and a lock on the door.) My usual judge coordinated the morning calendar break to fit my schedule and we all got everything done. I understand that after we were done nursing, the courthouse set up a full lactaction room onsite for court personnel. My point is, you never know what kinds of accommodation you might be able to get unless you ask! I am still overwhelmed by how kind people around me were and how willing people with no real stake in making my life easy were to help a mom out.

Best of luck to all you BFing mommies out there!
AKV 2012, 2013 & 2014 BWV 2013
Disney Wonder to Alaska 2014
Back to Alaska on the Wonder in 2015

KATIE Yes, I'm the Jeopardy! champ......
Karlzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:48 PM   #472
DisneyLindsay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksunshine View Post
DLindsay-That would be great! Do you have a photobucket account? Upload there, copy the IMG code, and paste it into your post!
Thanks I am working on the photobucket thing now! lol

DH ME
DS DD DD DS
Old 09-02-2010, 02:59 PM   #473
crazy4cloth
Earning My Ears

Totally forgot about the Glamourmom tanks. LOVED THEM!!!
Old 09-02-2010, 03:13 PM   #474
DisneyLindsay
Mouseketeer

Okay let give this a try. Here are some pics of nursing in the world and using the ring sling.

IMG]http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz253/DisneyLindsay/P1010426.jpg[/IMG]

I hope this works

DH ME
DS DD DD DS
Old 09-02-2010, 03:25 PM   #475
DisneyLindsay
Mouseketeer

Wow these are big pics, sorry to everyone as I do not know how to make them smaller.

Here is one more of us in the sling at the Flying Fish Cafe.

I have many more just not Disney ones.
As Far as breastfeeding in WDW, I think you find a place you are comfortable with and sit and feed.
I will have more pics when we come back at the end of Sept, and maybe by that time I will have figured out how to make them smaller! lol

DH ME
DS DD DD DS
Old 09-02-2010, 03:27 PM   #476
DisneyLindsay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4cloth View Post
Totally forgot about the Glamourmom tanks. LOVED THEM!!!
where can you buy them?

DH ME
DS DD DD DS
Old 09-02-2010, 05:32 PM   #477
crazy4cloth
Earning My Ears

Here is the site http://www.glamourmom.com/

But you can buy them at almost any maternity store.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:33 PM   #478
crazy4cloth
Earning My Ears

BTW DisneyLindsay love your pictures! I miss having babies.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:57 PM   #479
aksunshine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLindsay View Post
Wow these are big pics, sorry to everyone as I do not know how to make them smaller.

Here is one more of us in the sling at the Flying Fish Cafe.

I have many more just not Disney ones.
As Far as breastfeeding in WDW, I think you find a place you are comfortable with and sit and feed.
I will have more pics when we come back at the end of Sept, and maybe by that time I will have figured out how to make them smaller! lol
Awww she is cute! How old is she here? They look so complicated to get on.... How is your back after wearing it awhile? What is the longest you wore it at WDW?

And ouch! That bruise looks painful!
aksunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:18 PM   #480
cseca
My legs are wimpy but my will is stronger...

beautiful kids disneylindsay!
cseca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breastfeeding

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: