Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2010, 01:25 PM   #451
aksunshine
DIS Veteran

Saucy- How long did you take it? Is it something I an take a month and have some milk to freeze?
aksunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:34 PM   #452
aksunshine
DIS Veteran

What general park tips do you have for a 5 mo old? It has been 4 years since I have had a 5 mo old. I figured you girls are the best to ask!!! The youngest child I have taken is 16 mo. Just wondering what pointers you might have for lines, meals, long drive, etc...

Thanks!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2010, 01:56 PM   #453
saucymb
Mouseketeer
I am an organizing freak show and a sucker for a bargain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksunshine View Post
Saucy- How long did you take it? Is it something I an take a month and have some milk to freeze?
I only had to take it with my first. By the time I had my second, I knew I would need to start pumping early and often. So my supply established itself.

The Reglan was about a 3 week process. You take a couple of the pills a day for the first week, drop to one a day the second, then one every other day the third - something like that, it's been 4 years and I don't remember all the details. Within the first 10 days there was a dramatic increase in my supply. And that's it - you don't take it anymore after that. It's really meant to get the supply up, then the body takes over the production and for me I didn't have any more problems. Best of luck! Talk to a good LC and maybe your OBGYN.
saucymb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:50 PM   #454
tiffjoy
DIS Veteran

We went to DL a couple weeks ago for my DD's first birthday. She is less and less interested in nursing and gets distracted by people and too much going on.

I tried the baby care center on our second to last day, and boy, I wish I had used it sooner! I'm used to finding a quiet, off the beaten path. public place to nurse, which we had no problem doing at Disney, but my DD still got very distracted. I developed a clogged duct and needed her to nurse, so I went to the baby care center. It was so nice! Air conditioned, very private nursing area, and quiet. The changing are was much, much nicer than the bathroom ones.

My DD actually settled down and nursed when we used the center because there was nothing to distract her. And it was so hot that week, so it was nice to be able to sit someplace cool and quiet.

Kudos to Disney! I really appreciated it.

BTW, my clogged duct did clear up in a couple days.
tiffjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:36 AM   #455
rparmfamily
In paradise

Quote:
Going to Disney in October and planning to nurse my new little guy there! He will be almost 5 months. He is my 3rd, but the first time I have taken one that was still nursing!

Last time I was there, I saw this lady nursing outside of the Land Pav. with a coverup and it was SO hot! I wish I would have mentioned the baby center to her. Gabriel HATES nursing outside with his coverup, because he gets too hot! I am hoping the end of October will be mild enough to not be too concerned about that. But if not there are centers and attractions!

A bit off topic, but Gabriel is a sporadic nurser w/o a real schedule. I'm ok with it, b/c I nurse on demand. He is my first to exclusively BF. Anyway, I try to get in a pump occasionally, but not getting a whole lot. It would be nice to leave him with daddy sometimes w/o worrying he is going to get hungry. Will Reglan help with that?
Mine all nursed on demand too. If you want to pump, try pumping first thing in the morning, your supply is at it's highest. How old is he? Have you tried him on a bottle before?

I'd try Fenugreek, Mother's Milk tea and oatmeal to increase supply (if you think you have a low supply) before Reglan. I'd error on the side of something natural before going with Reglan. That's the big guns LOL.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:54 AM   #456
saucymb
Mouseketeer
I am an organizing freak show and a sucker for a bargain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rparmfamily View Post
I'd try Fenugreek, Mother's Milk tea and oatmeal to increase supply (if you think you have a low supply) before Reglan. I'd error on the side of something natural before going with Reglan. That's the big guns LOL.

I second this.
saucymb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:24 AM   #457
aksunshine
DIS Veteran

Thanks! I will look into those first! He will take a bottle of BM.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:33 AM   #458
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

I know this was a few pages back, but I used the travel breast friend pillow for two Disney trips and it worked out great! It was really easy to inflate just blowing it up by mouth and it packed super easy. I didn't have any trouble with the zipper on the cover. The travel pillow uses the same covers as the regular breast friend and I've been using them interchangeably. I did not take the pillow into the parks, but I was glad to have it so I could get a few really good, comfortable nursing sessions in the morning, night and at afternoon break.
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:43 PM   #459
aksunshine
DIS Veteran

As far as carriers.... I have one, but it is a cheapy for quick grocery trips and whatnot. It isn't greatly comfy and I wouldn't want to wear it more tahn an hour or so. What is REALLY the best? My son will be about 5 mo old when we go. He is already 15+ # at 3 mo!
Old 09-01-2010, 02:54 PM   #460
DisneyLindsay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
As far as carriers.... I have one, but it is a cheapy for quick grocery trips and whatnot. It isn't greatly comfy and I wouldn't want to wear it more tahn an hour or so. What is REALLY the best? My son will be about 5 mo old when we go. He is already 15+ # at 3 mo!
I really like the Ring Slings, you can buy them online, if you google maya ring sling!! They also give you a pattern if you are handy and can sew one yourself!! I have 4 in different colours, for ease of use and washing!! I have used a ring sling for 2 of my 3 babies, my first I was a newbie and had no idea they were available. I used a snugglie and a baby bjorn, unfortunately being large chested neither were comfortable, and bother were really hard on my neck and back!! The Ring sling was a god send!! I have no pressure on my back at all!!

Last year a disney I carried my 8 month old almost all the time in the sling and I nursed where ever needed and I used a receiving blanket. THis year, I have a 10 week old and we leave next week I have ordered the nursing hats as the blanket is too hot and not fair to her. I am going to buy a couple of nursing tanks as I do not want my belly exposed after 3 babies in 3 years NO ONE want to see that! lol.

DH ME
DS DD DD DS
DisneyLindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:58 PM   #461
kdfogliano
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I LOVE my ergo! Dosent hurt my back at all, I cant nurse in it b/c i am not good at it, but a lot of peopl can! even has a little hood to cover up
Old 09-01-2010, 03:15 PM   #462
DisneyLindsay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilFool View Post
I would just like to make a comment to all the moms that are breastfeeding. Please remember that when you see an infant being bottle fed there may be a reason for it. My daughter (9 now) was born with a cleft palate. I was not able to breastfeed her as she couldn't suck. I pumped for 8 months and she got breastmilk in a bottle. I cannot express how many looks or comments I had on how wrong it was that I was not breastfeeding my child. i wanted to wear a sign saying: "there is breastmilk in the bottle!" Please remember that when you see a baby getting a bottle..don't judge or make assumptions please. I luckily was able to breastfeed my second daughter for a year.... wish I could have with both my children.
I also want to commend you for pumping and feeding, it really is hard work!! I had to pump and feed with all of mine at the beginning as they were unable to latch and I too got terrible looks, although I knew it was breast milk. good for you!! It took me 7 1/2 weeks to be able to fully nurse my first, 4 1/2 weeks with my second and my third was the quickest, just under 4 weeks!!

Breastfeeding is a wonderful gift and I wish all women were able to, I am sorry you were not able to with your first!

DH ME
DS DD DD DS
DisneyLindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:26 PM   #463
aksunshine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLindsay View Post
I really like the Ring Slings, you can buy them online, if you google maya ring sling!! They also give you a pattern if you are handy and can sew one yourself!! I have 4 in different colours, for ease of use and washing!! I have used a ring sling for 2 of my 3 babies, my first I was a newbie and had no idea they were available. I used a snugglie and a baby bjorn, unfortunately being large chested neither were comfortable, and bother were really hard on my neck and back!! The Ring sling was a god send!! I have no pressure on my back at all!!

Last year a disney I carried my 8 month old almost all the time in the sling and I nursed where ever needed and I used a receiving blanket. THis year, I have a 10 week old and we leave next week I have ordered the nursing hats as the blanket is too hot and not fair to her. I am going to buy a couple of nursing tanks as I do not want my belly exposed after 3 babies in 3 years NO ONE want to see that! lol.
LOL! My tummy is ugly too! How much did your 8 mo old weigh? I looked at the slings, I just don't know... Have you sewn any? Do you have tips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdfogliano View Post
I LOVE my ergo! Dosent hurt my back at all, I cant nurse in it b/c i am not good at it, but a lot of peopl can! even has a little hood to cover up
I have heard good things about Ergo. I think Gabriel is my last baby. I stress about spending $$$!
Old 09-01-2010, 06:02 PM   #464
crazy4cloth
Earning My Ears

I had a Beco and LOVED it. Couldn't have lived without it. So sad my babies are all grown up now. I just sold it this summer.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:21 PM   #465
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

I love my becco too! You can see DS happily nestled in the Becco in my siggy picture. I carried DS around WDW at both 4 and 6 months, and I'm going to carry him next month at 10 months. Its very comfortable.
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breastfeeding

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: