Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2010, 05:17 PM   #436
saucymb
Mouseketeer
I am an organizing freak show and a sucker for a bargain!

Also, on the subject of supply, there were some posts about prescription medications. I didn't take the one that you guys were talking about, but my LC recommended that I go on Reglan and my OBGYN wrote the script. It was great - obviously as I pumped over a half-gallon a day! The one you guys were talking about is "controversial" according to my LC and there was only 1 pharmacy in the Charlotte area that carried it.

Someone had also asked about pumps. I personally loved my Medela Pump-in-Style Advanced. The first month of my first baby I used a rental from our pediatrician's office; then I bought an MPIS. At first I pumped every 2 hours for 10-15 minutes, then over the next 8 weeks got to my 4-times a day for around 45 minutes each time routine. I was usually DIS-ing or emailing, as I had a hands-free "bra" that worked wonders. I had 4 sets of flanges/bottles/joints, etc., and just ran them through the dishwasher every night. My Pump In Style has gotten me through 2 babies, I'd say well over 1000 hours of use. I'm planning to use it for the next baby too - whenever that is, hopefully next year!
saucymb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:48 PM   #437
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese View Post
Sounds like the same thing. She doesn't seem bothered by it. It gets loose and falls off every few days and than she gets another one. I just assumed that somehow she was sucking her lip in when she was nursing even though I've been watching for it (I just assumed it must be happening during one of those barely awake night feedings).
Yeah, I don't think it's really harmful to them. And maybe it'll go away as they get older?
TarzansKat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2010, 02:20 PM   #438
KellyWasHere
DIS Veteran

Great thread. I nursed my first daughter to 18 months and am still sporadically nursing my 19 month old. Nursed both on different Disney trips. Mostly at the Baby Stations, I thought they were so very nice. Saw some ladies nursing throughout the parks and thought it was great.

33, married , with 2 daughters (5 & 3 )

May 2000 All-Star Music / October 2000 Disneyland / October 2002 All-Star Music (Disney + US/IOA) / June 2003 Swan (belated honeymoon, Disney + US/IOA) / October 2007 All-Star Music / November 2009 All-Star Sports / December 2010 Windsor Hills (Disney + US/IOA) / October 2011 All-Star Movies & Old Key West / May 2012 Bay Lake Tower & CBR / October 2012 Bonnet Creek

KellyWasHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:33 PM   #439
Main Street Matilda
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielephant View Post
If i happen to forget my boppy at home i can use a pillow if i am at my parents, or i have used a cushy lunch box in the car to elevate his head and left him on my lap, but it was not comfortable so my question is...WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH A BOPPY AT DISNEY!? or does anyone know how i can make the same lift effect of a boppy without the boppy and only one arm and it is normally being "lobster gripped" with the hand on the same side i am nursing him on.

Although my "baby" is now 6, I nursed all three of mine and boy, do I remember those days. I had the same problem you have and although I could sort of manage without a boppy or pillow, it was tough. Since you'll probably have a stroller with you and might feel a little funny carrying around a boppy - consider using a large stuffed animal. The great big tummy of a Pooh bear might do the trick.

1985- Off Property
1986 - Off Property
2002 - Yacht Club
2004 - Off Property (Vistana Village)
2006 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
2007 - Saratoga Springs
2009 - Kidani Village
2010 - Fort Wilderness
2011 - Bay Lake Towers
2013 - Fort Wilderness and Old Key West
2014 - 7-day Disney Cruise!
Main Street Matilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:25 PM   #440
aksunshine
DIS Veteran

Going to Disney in October and planning to nurse my new little guy there! He will be almost 5 months. He is my 3rd, but the first time I have taken one that was still nursing!

Last time I was there, I saw this lady nursing outside of the Land Pav. with a coverup and it was SO hot! I wish I would have mentioned the baby center to her. Gabriel HATES nursing outside with his coverup, because he gets too hot! I am hoping the end of October will be mild enough to not be too concerned about that. But if not there are centers and attractions!

A bit off topic, but Gabriel is a sporadic nurser w/o a real schedule. I'm ok with it, b/c I nurse on demand. He is my first to exclusively BF. Anyway, I try to get in a pump occasionally, but not getting a whole lot. It would be nice to leave him with daddy sometimes w/o worrying he is going to get hungry. Will Reglan help with that?
aksunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:05 PM   #441
december
DIS Veteran

I'd be careful when telling someone about the baby care centers. I personally would tend to think that the person was trying to deter me from NIP. I know that wouldn't be your intention, but many people think they are disney's way to keep mothers from nursing around the parks.

I knew about all the baby care centers, but didn't go inside any of them. We were fine nursing where ever we happened to be, and my cover was light enough it didn't bother Katie. We went for a week in June, and I'm planning a surprise weekend for just me and my girls (10 and 17 mos when we go) to do the Halloween party. Since she isn't showing any signs of weaning, I'm sure I'll be nursing then, too!
december is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:29 PM   #442
aksunshine
DIS Veteran

december- that was exactly what I was afraid of and, ultimately, why I chose NOT to say anything. I just smiled at her and kept going. But now that I have experienced NIP with a cover in the heat I feel badly that I didn't take that chance. She looked fine though, maybe she was used to it.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:38 PM   #443
crazy4cloth
Earning My Ears

I never used a cover when nursing any of mine. I think sometimes it draws more attention. There is barely any skin showing. I see way more skin these days on tv and in the mall.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:00 AM   #444
WendyLovesPeter
I wanna go back. I gotta go back to WDW!

Do any of you with "older" babies still nurse during the night? My 11 month old still wants to nurse once sometimes twice at night. I know I am her comfort object. I know! But I cannot deny her.... I just can't.

She is eating a lot of solid food now, so I know she is not starving, but I can tell she is actually nursing and swallowing not just mouthing. She usually sleeps with us, but my 3rd and 4th child did also. They did not do this middle of the night nursing thing past 5-6 months.

She shows no signs of weaning, and I am not trying to wean yet either. Its hopefully a while away, but I just worry that she will have trouble dropping this middle of the night feeding even when we begin to wean during the day.

anyone else?

I should add she has 8 teeth already, but I sense that there are more on their way soon - no bumps yet, but just a feeling
WendyLovesPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:36 AM   #445
aksunshine
DIS Veteran

Awww. I don't have any advice, but I know how it is to be the comfort object. Good luck Sweetie!
Old 08-30-2010, 12:27 PM   #446
lizzyb
DIS Veteran

I bf'ed at the world in January and had no issues. I just used a nursing wrap. I must say that the baby rooms are a great place though if you are uncomfortable nursing in the parks
Oct. 23-28, 2007 Pop Century,July 12-19, 2008 Pop Century, Jan. 23-30, 2009 Pop Century, Jan.23-31,2010 POR, Aug. 28-Sept. 4, 2011 CSR, Aug.13-19, 2012 AoA, April 20-27, 2013 Disney Fantasy, Aug. 3-12, 2014 CR, April 25- May 2, 2015 Disney Fantasy

lizzyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:51 PM   #447
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

My 13 mo nurses somewhere between 2-4 times a night, so you're not alone. Mine has 8 teeth too.

We co-sleep, so I think that's one of the reasons. Plus, I'm a working mom and I know she's making up for me being gone during the day. Everyone is on me to wean her from the night nursing, but I personally don't mind, so I'm just going to keep doing it for a while.

BTW I'm working on my TR from the trip we just got back from. It has/will have lots of nursing stuff in it. Plus I'd be happy to answer any questions!
harleyquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:31 PM   #448
december
DIS Veteran

My 15 1/2 month old still nurses during the night. She sleeps with me, too. I also work, like Sara, and she seems to need to make up for lost time! I just got home, and she is nursing now. She'll nurse again at bedtime, probably around 3, then around 5:30, then I'm up to get ready for work.
december is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:53 AM   #449
KellyWasHere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksunshine View Post
A bit off topic, but Gabriel is a sporadic nurser w/o a real schedule. I'm ok with it, b/c I nurse on demand. He is my first to exclusively BF. Anyway, I try to get in a pump occasionally, but not getting a whole lot. It would be nice to leave him with daddy sometimes w/o worrying he is going to get hungry. Will Reglan help with that?
I don't know if anyone has mentioned it before but fenugreek is an herb that really helped to increase my supply.

33, married , with 2 daughters (5 & 3 )

May 2000 All-Star Music / October 2000 Disneyland / October 2002 All-Star Music (Disney + US/IOA) / June 2003 Swan (belated honeymoon, Disney + US/IOA) / October 2007 All-Star Music / November 2009 All-Star Sports / December 2010 Windsor Hills (Disney + US/IOA) / October 2011 All-Star Movies & Old Key West / May 2012 Bay Lake Tower & CBR / October 2012 Bonnet Creek

KellyWasHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:16 PM   #450
saucymb
Mouseketeer
I am an organizing freak show and a sucker for a bargain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyWasHere View Post
I don't know if anyone has mentioned it before but fenugreek is an herb that really helped to increase my supply.

Fenugreek was recommended to me by my LC, but I didn't notice any increase in supply. Reglan was then prescribed, and it worked well and quickly. However, Reglan does have some side effects that should be considered carefully before starting, including incredible mood swings.
saucymb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breastfeeding

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: