Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2010, 02:37 PM   #421
jkstewart1800
DIS Veteran

Bump!

DS 11 DS 8

jkstewart1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:12 AM   #422
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

I know it's been said many times, but I just wanted to join in and offer a hearty thank you to all the contributors!

This is a wonderful thread that I look forward to reading and contributing to as well.

I'm nursing my second child, but nursing for the first time! I had troubles with my first son and so I pumped exclusively for nine months. So, even though it's our second time around, I'm definitely new to breastfeeding, and especially to figuring out how to do it in public!

I did love the suggestion of a cami under a tshirt, and that came in really handy when we were out the other day. I didn't feel so exposed.

I love the nursing tanks from Target, if that helps anyone at all. And for those of you who are...ahem...larger sized on top, I found great Playtex nursing bras through the justmysize.com website. I was unable to find any elsewhere to accomodate, imagine my surprise when I discovered I was a full cup size larger than last time and none of my nursing bras fit!!!

The baby will be seven months when we go to Disney in February, so I know it'll be different then than it is now (he's just a month old), but I'm hopeful and positive that I'll get the hang of it by then.
TarzansKat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2010, 10:18 AM   #423
crazy4cloth
Earning My Ears

I am no longer a nursing mom but FULLY support mother's who are nursing anywhere anytime
Old 08-23-2010, 10:22 AM   #424
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4cloth View Post
I am no longer a nursing mom but FULLY support mother's who are nursing anywhere anytime
What a nice first post!
Old 08-23-2010, 10:29 AM   #425
danielephant
2nd Trip in January!!!!

hi there, i am new to disboards (about 4 days now) and i started reading this thread last night...only to page 18...and WOW that is alot of reading so i am just going to jump in and say HI!

we are going to Disney in January and DS will be 6 1/2 months.

Lets just say i am VERY large uptop and find it near impossible to nurse without a boppy pillow I have to hold the breast that i am feeding from with my thumb like a lobster so that he does not sufficate and my other arm i kinda hold him with (I fed my daughter the same way)

If i happen to forget my boppy at home i can use a pillow if i am at my parents, or i have used a cushy lunch box in the car to elevate his head and left him on my lap, but it was not comfortable so my question is...WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH A BOPPY AT DISNEY!? or does anyone know how i can make the same lift effect of a boppy without the boppy and only one arm and it is normally being "lobster gripped" with the hand on the same side i am nursing him on.

Sorry everyone, i just have this horrible vision of needing to carry a boppy with me where ever i go at disney
danielephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:38 AM   #426
crazy4cloth
Earning My Ears

Thanks TarzansKat!

danielephant I have a very large chest too. I would always have to hold my **** up. Do you have a diaper bag that you can kind of put on your lap to help?
Old 08-23-2010, 10:40 AM   #427
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielephant View Post
Lets just say i am VERY large uptop and find it near impossible to nurse without a boppy pillow I have to hold the breast that i am feeding from with my thumb like a lobster so that he does not sufficate and my other arm i kinda hold him with (I fed my daughter the same way)
First off, to the DIS!

And second, I have the same issue with having to hold with my thumb as well. This is going to sound a little weird but have you tried crossing your legs Indian style? For me, when I'm out in public, this elevates my knee and brings his head up enough almost like we're using a pillow at home.

Also, after reading crazy4cloth's post, what if you bunched up a baby blanket and used that as a pillow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4cloth View Post
Thanks TarzansKat!
Btw,
Old 08-23-2010, 12:13 PM   #428
kdfogliano
Mouseketeer

I am a boppy user as well, and we are going to WDW in 2 weeks with my 2.5 yo and 3 month old

Although i decided to wing it without my boppy while i am there,

i did find that MY BReast Friend makes an inflatable version!!
IT gets soso reviews, mostly b/c the zipper on the cover breaks, but it may be worth a shot!!

Here is the link
http://www.amazon.com/My-Brest-Frien.../dp/B002WGI5NO
Old 08-23-2010, 06:29 PM   #429
crazy4cloth
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post

Also, after reading crazy4cloth's post, what if you bunched up a baby blanket and used that as a pillow?

Btw,
Yes I bet that would work! I'd say start trying it at home.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:52 AM   #430
kappyfinn
Mouseketeer

I nurse sitting Indian style even with my Boppy. But even without the Boppy I am comfortable. I am a bit larger up top as well. I have noticed the older my son has gotten the easier it is to nurse without my Boppy.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:30 AM   #431
mrs.explorer1977
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielephant View Post
hi there, i am new to disboards (about 4 days now) and i started reading this thread last night...only to page 18...and WOW that is alot of reading so i am just going to jump in and say HI!

we are going to Disney in January and DS will be 6 1/2 months.

If i happen to forget my boppy at home i can use a pillow if i am at my parents, or i have used a cushy lunch box in the car to elevate his head and left him on my lap, but it was not comfortable so my question is...WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH A BOPPY AT DISNEY!? or does anyone know how i can make the same lift effect of a boppy without the boppy and only one arm and it is normally being "lobster gripped" with the hand on the same side i am nursing him on.

Sorry everyone, i just have this horrible vision of needing to carry a boppy with me where ever i go at disney
We're going in January too and DD will be about the same age...

I'm "top heavy" too and very Boppy dependent at home, but got some tips from the breastfeeding clinic in our city.

If you cross the leg on the same side you're feeding on, it raises the babe up, and you can still hold your breast like you're used to doing. I'm hoping that as she gets older, I won't have to hold it so much, but I don't know. She's my second child, but like a PP, DS didn't latch and I pumped exclusively for him for 6 months, so BFing is all new to me!
Trips with the Mr: Feb'04 POP/FW; Sept'05 Honeymoon WL, BC & GF; Sept'05 Disney Wonder 4 Day; Jan'07 BCV & Disney Magic Western - Our 1st trip HOME!!; Jan'08 AKV - Colin's First Trip ; May'08 - Long Weekend AKL; Dec'08 - AKV/SSR/BW with Nana & Papa; Sep '09 - BWV; Mar '10 - VWL; Jan '11 - POFQ Free Dining!/BLT - Amelia's First Trip ; May '11 - SSR; Jan '12 - AKV Kidani/4 day Disney Dream!; Aug '12 - POFQ Surprise Trip for the kids!; Feb '13 - BWV Adults only trip; July '13 - Polynesian Birthday Trip for DS and DD; Sept '15 - Aulani & 10 night cruise Hawaii to Vancouver for our 10th Anniversary
mrs.explorer1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:33 PM   #432
Reese
DIS Veteran

Just catching up on this thread.

On the issue of the boppy, I found that I have a burp rag on hand and roll that up and place it under said breast. It helps hold it up to make nursing easier. I also sit cross legged so I can rest baby's weight on my lap, even so I am still getting horrible back spasms but she was born at over 11lbs so she's a lot of baby to be holding up.

I also had low supply issues but have found fenugreek has worked wonderfully and is an herbal supplement so no perscription required.

Now I was hoping someone could give me a little advice. DD has a reoccurring blister on her top lip. I am assuming it's from an improper latch but I haven't discovered it yet. It's not uncomfortable to nurse and I always scoop her lip out when she latches on so she's not sucking it in but it still seems as soon as one finishes she's got another blister almost immediately.
Sept 08 POP Free Dining, Dec 08 Grand gathering at POP,Jan 09 Rolling Hills,March 09 Rolling Hills,May 09 ASMu and Emerald Isle,June 09 Just DH and I,July 09 ASMu Mother/Daughter trip,Sept 09 ASMu Free dining,May 10 ASMo & Star WarsSept 10 ASmo Free dining, Nov 10 Rolling Hills,May 11 Pop, Jan 12 MK and Dreamworks cruise,Sept 12Free Dining AoA family reunion,Nov 12 ASMu Mom/Daughter trip,Christmas Day surprise,April 13 ASMu Mother/Daughter trip,May 13 Star Wars ASSp,
Reese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:39 PM   #433
TarzansKat

Reese, do you mean a patch of skin that looks like chapped lips?

My son gets the same thing and it'll go away and come back, I thought that was just a nursing thing because I know a friend's son had them as well and they never seemed to do any harm?
Old 08-26-2010, 04:02 PM   #434
Reese
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Reese, do you mean a patch of skin that looks like chapped lips?

My son gets the same thing and it'll go away and come back, I thought that was just a nursing thing because I know a friend's son had them as well and they never seemed to do any harm?
Sounds like the same thing. She doesn't seem bothered by it. It gets loose and falls off every few days and than she gets another one. I just assumed that somehow she was sucking her lip in when she was nursing even though I've been watching for it (I just assumed it must be happening during one of those barely awake night feedings).
Sept 08 POP Free Dining, Dec 08 Grand gathering at POP,Jan 09 Rolling Hills,March 09 Rolling Hills,May 09 ASMu and Emerald Isle,June 09 Just DH and I,July 09 ASMu Mother/Daughter trip,Sept 09 ASMu Free dining,May 10 ASMo & Star WarsSept 10 ASmo Free dining, Nov 10 Rolling Hills,May 11 Pop, Jan 12 MK and Dreamworks cruise,Sept 12Free Dining AoA family reunion,Nov 12 ASMu Mom/Daughter trip,Christmas Day surprise,April 13 ASMu Mother/Daughter trip,May 13 Star Wars ASSp,
Reese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:03 PM   #435
saucymb
Mouseketeer
I am an organizing freak show and a sucker for a bargain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwereindisney View Post
Wow! i am considering going to exclusive pumping and was wondering if i could PM you some questions...
I realize you posted this a couple of weeks ago, but I just saw it. I am happy to answer any questions you have!
saucymb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breastfeeding

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: