Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2010, 02:55 PM   #361
jkstewart1800
DIS Veteran

For those new mommies out there

http://www.breastfeeding.com/

DS 10 DS 7

jkstewart1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:52 PM   #362
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Just found this thread!! Wanted to jump right in and say hello and that I think I am the biggest Breastfeeding advocate there is!!! LOL...I Bfed all three of mine and it was the best decision I ever made. Congrats to all of you who are about to be mommies, or those who still have little ones young enough to nurse. Mine are way past that stage and it's something I will always miss....don't let anyone talk you out of it or condemn you for doing it!!! And yes,...you can do it!!!! So....I nursed mine everywhere! At Disney, the dark quiet shows of course are awesome, but you can't always find a perfect area....I would just find a bench or place in the shade/coolest place I could find..park my Disney stroller in front of me for a foot stool, cover w/a blanket and rest while I nursed! Dh would take the others for a ride, or potty breaks or whatever...it's a good time to relax! So...once again...enjoy these days of nursing..they are over all too quickly!!

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2010, 12:23 PM   #363
saucymb
Mouseketeer
I am an organizing freak show and a sucker for a bargain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstewart1800 View Post
A quick curserory article about breastfeeding while traveling......
http://travelwithkids.about.com/libr.../aa072303a.htm

Brings to mind a question to pose though.... has anyone PUMPED at WDW?
How (travel pump, hand, electric) and where (car, room, baby center.... potty)

I exclusively pumped for both of my boys, for ten months each. I did have to pump when we went to WDW with my oldest, when he was 9 months old. I just took my medela pump-in-style with me, stored it under the stroller, and when I needed to (at that point I was pumping 4 -45 minute sessions daily), I just went to the baby care center and used a private room. It was a nice break, my mom and husband kept the baby, and we didn't disrupt our schedule at all.
saucymb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 03:18 PM   #364
WendyLovesPeter
I wanna go back. I gotta go back to WDW!

just got back from WDW vacation. I nursed everywhere and anytime. People were too busy, distracted and HOT to notice me BF a baby, so I didn't give it a 2nd thought. Everything worked out just fine

I can't do layers in that heat, so I just laid a blanket over my arm between her head and my arm and let it hang down over my arm in front. Then my shirt could be up without belly exposed. I don't ever bother covering her with a blanket on top unless its cold of course. i just had to keep an eye on her that she didnt flip up my shirt unexpectedly
WendyLovesPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:11 PM   #365
cerilene
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyLovesPeter View Post
just got back from WDW vacation. I nursed everywhere and anytime. People were too busy, distracted and HOT to notice me BF a baby, so I didn't give it a 2nd thought. Everything worked out just fine

I can't do layers in that heat, so I just laid a blanket over my arm between her head and my arm and let it hang down over my arm in front. Then my shirt could be up without belly exposed. I don't ever bother covering her with a blanket on top unless its cold of course. i just had to keep an eye on her that she didnt flip up my shirt unexpectedly
That's a really good idea with the blanket hanging over your arm for those who are more self conscious about their tummies. I have a friend who is having problems nursing in public because of her stomach so I'm going to pass this along to her.

We're (hopefully) going back to Disney and I hope DD will still be nursing then. I know we missed some good BF rides and spots when we went earlier this year!! I'm just hoping she doesn't decide to self wean before her 2nd Birthday.

cerilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:03 AM   #366
belle&beast
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucymb View Post
I exclusively pumped for both of my boys, for ten months each. I did have to pump when we went to WDW with my oldest, when he was 9 months old. I just took my medela pump-in-style with me, stored it under the stroller, and when I needed to (at that point I was pumping 4 -45 minute sessions daily), I just went to the baby care center and used a private room. It was a nice break, my mom and husband kept the baby, and we didn't disrupt our schedule at all.
Does this mean that you pumped for 45 minutes at a time? I pump when I go to work and it takes about 10 minutes. Just curious.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:05 AM   #367
saucymb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle&beast View Post
Does this mean that you pumped for 45 minutes at a time? I pump when I go to work and it takes about 10 minutes. Just curious.
yes, 45 minutes at the time. 4 times a day. breakfast, lunch, dinner, bedtime. I was producing around 75 ounces a day.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:40 PM   #368
tiffjoy
DIS Veteran

We'll be going to DL for my DD's first birthday in two weeks. I'm not the best public nurser these days because my DD is just so darn distractable, and she is constantly popping off and squirming to look at things! It will be hot, so I'm not planning to drape us in blankets and smother her (although I am all too familiar with the disapproving stares when I don't completely conceal my nursing DD). I usually keep the blanket over my shoulder, and I pull it over me when she pops off.

Hopefully, all will go smoothly... it looks like, from this thread, people have generally good experiences bfing at DL.
tiffjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:56 PM   #369
kdfogliano
Mouseketeer

thinking of going in september with my then 3month old and 2.5 year old.

Been to disney at least 20 times, but never nursing. I am more concerned with going with an small infant!

Am i nuts?? Can he go on any rides so I dont have to miss out with my older son?

any advice would be great!!!
kdfogliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:00 PM   #370
heatherwillmom
DIS Veteran

I used to teach breast-feeding classes. DS was what you could call the perfect breastfed baby. He did great from the start & would nurse anywhere. I bought some of the best accessories like the boppy pillow, but what I really liked were the blankets that went around my neck or the knitted one that had a weighted pillow to throw over my shoulder. I have BF in more public places that you can count & felt comfortable.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:47 PM   #371
belle&beast
DIS Veteran

Quote:
yes, 45 minutes at the time. 4 times a day. breakfast, lunch, dinner, bedtime. I was producing around 75 ounces a day.
WOW!!! That is a lot of milk!!!! I usually get around 6 ounces- just enough for a feeding.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:19 PM   #372
saucymb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle&beast View Post
WOW!!! That is a lot of milk!!!! I usually get around 6 ounces- just enough for a feeding.
I know, right?!? We had around 15-20 gallons in the freezer at one point. We had to borrow a freezer to store it.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:50 PM   #373
WendyLovesPeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffjoy View Post
We'll be going to DL for my DD's first birthday in two weeks. I'm not the best public nurser these days because my DD is just so darn distractable, and she is constantly popping off and squirming to look at things! It will be hot, so I'm not planning to drape us in blankets and smother her (although I am all too familiar with the disapproving stares when I don't completely conceal my nursing DD). I usually keep the blanket over my shoulder, and I pull it over me when she pops off.

Hopefully, all will go smoothly... it looks like, from this thread, people have generally good experiences bfing at DL.
i agree about covering the baby. this hanging of the blanket thing that I described a few posts ago really works nicely to cover my belly in front. i figure if people are looking that close that they can see the top of the breast where she is eating, they are definitely looking too close Really tho, people are so distracted. Everyone is on a mission to get to their next activity or attraction that I didn't feel I was ever noticed. And, I walked, sat on benches and rode rides with this little girl latched on. Never felt funny. I just had to watch her for quick movements of my shirt or quick lifts of her head because she is just so nosey too. For the most part when she was nursing, she was relaxed and "lazy". I think the heat made her settle down to nurse.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:51 PM   #374
WendyLovesPeter

Quote:
I know, right?!? We had around 15-20 gallons in the freezer at one point. We had to borrow a freezer to store it.
that is some impressive milk!
Old 08-02-2010, 10:57 PM   #375
WendyLovesPeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdfogliano View Post
thinking of going in september with my then 3month old and 2.5 year old.

Been to disney at least 20 times, but never nursing. I am more concerned with going with an small infant!

Am i nuts?? Can he go on any rides so I dont have to miss out with my older son?

any advice would be great!!!
Baby can go on most things your 2.5 year will ride. I would prob do it in september if baby is content and you are feeling good without post partum complications. september is still plenty hot, but it is a notch better than July heat.

The only ride that we went on that was a hassle was TSM at the studios. My baby was cradled to me asleep in my arms, and they insisted I turn her to face forward. I mean insisted.... It was ridiculous as she was completely relaxed asleep, and her head was rolling all over the place as we rode. After a few jolts, I repositioned her like I initially had her cradled towards me across my middle.

Tags
breastfeeding

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: