Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2010, 07:59 AM   #346
Ariel8676
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittmee mouse View Post
One more thing, though! I have an ellaroo wrap and a BabyHawk mei tai. I have never tried nursing in either! I'm a pretty limber person, but I don't know about that I'm sure I could find a tutorial. Since DS is a rather large kid (18 lbs 6 oz when last weighed @ 4 months -- 2 months ago), I bet I'll be using the mei tai more in WDW. Thanks for the idea!
Nursing in a babyhawk takes a little bit to get used to it..you kind have to loosen the top straps and hope that your LO will nurse in a seated position..lol ( i always kind of have to hold my **** up too..lol)
Ariel8676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 04:54 PM   #347
gatormommy07
Mouseketeer

Kind of freaking out!!

Let me explain... we had our third baby 2 and a half years ago, I nursed him for 13 months. after he quit, I had milk coming out for about 6-9 months after. It was tiny amounts and I had to sqeeze to get anything. Well, it of course has not happened for a while, then the other day my breasts started to feel sore. I thought it was my period coming, but it still has not started and today I squeezed them and sure enough a tiny amout of milk (or milk like substance) came out. I am freaking out because: A) I really would rather not have a 4th child at this time, and B) I have an IUD and if I would become pregnant I would be afraid of something really bad happening. I checked yesterday and the IUD is still in place. Basically I am wondering if anyone has ever been in a similar situation. Thanks!!
gatormommy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2010, 08:25 AM   #348
jkstewart1800
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatormommy07 View Post
Let me explain... we had our third baby 2 and a half years ago, I nursed him for 13 months. after he quit, I had milk coming out for about 6-9 months after. It was tiny amounts and I had to sqeeze to get anything. Well, it of course has not happened for a while, then the other day my breasts started to feel sore. I thought it was my period coming, but it still has not started and today I squeezed them and sure enough a tiny amout of milk (or milk like substance) came out. I am freaking out because: A) I really would rather not have a 4th child at this time, and B) I have an IUD and if I would become pregnant I would be afraid of something really bad happening. I checked yesterday and the IUD is still in place. Basically I am wondering if anyone has ever been in a similar situation. Thanks!!
I believe that once you nurse a baby.... your milk never really completely goes away.... I stopped nursing almost 3 years ago and every once in a while if I am around a baby and momma nursing I can feel the begining tinglings of let down.

Also I am fairly certain that milk production has nothing to do with pregnancy.

DS 11 DS 8

jkstewart1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:26 AM   #349
ThreeBeans
Now with FOUR Beans

I weaned my third child, a few months after he turned two, in 2009, so I'm all dried up and won't be nursing anyone when we go to WDW next year.

However, if I see any of the nasty, small-minded misogynists from that wretched other thread giving breastfeeding moms a hard time while I'm there, I'll pull out my withered old dried-up milk sacks and beat them to death while y'all are nursing your spawn. That should settle the matter

I once read somewhere that a breastfed baby has on average an IQ 8 points higher than a similarly socialized formula fed baby. I can only conclude that those horrible people were formula fed as infants.

ThreeBeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:59 PM   #350
Orleanslady
Cultural Anthropologist

Question Nursing 5th

My first baby nursed for 15 months. The second nursed for 21 months. My third nursed for 22 months. My 4th nursed for 17 months and I'm currently still nursing my 22 month old son. I've been told that it's harder to wean boys. Any thoughts on this?
Old 07-18-2010, 08:19 PM   #351
ThreeBeans
Now with FOUR Beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orleanslady View Post
My first baby nursed for 15 months. The second nursed for 21 months. My third nursed for 22 months. My 4th nursed for 17 months and I'm currently still nursing my 22 month old son. I've been told that it's harder to wean boys. Any thoughts on this?
DS has been weaned for 8 months. He still tries to cuddle into a nursing position and frequently tries to 'cop a feel'. We recently went into the lingerie section of a department store and he spied the wall-display of brassieres. He stretched his arms out, opened his eyes and said, with great love and feeling, "Oh! Look at all the nursies!"

He'll be three next month.

ThreeBeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:22 AM   #352
saraandcassiesmom
Earning My Ears

This reminds me of my last trip to Disney. I had chosen the dark theater to nurse in, and while I was nursing, they picked me to spotlight. It was pretty funny, just because you could tell whoever was in charge had no clue what I was doing until after the fact. I still laugh about it!
saraandcassiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:34 AM   #353
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeBeans View Post
However, if I see any of the nasty, small-minded misogynists from that wretched other thread giving breastfeeding moms a hard time while I'm there, I'll pull out my withered old dried-up milk sacks and beat them to death while y'all are nursing your spawn. That should settle the matter
Beating them down with dried-up milk sacks? I'll help.

Even though I don't BF anymore, I just want to say: Do what ya gotta do, mommies. You've got lots of support out there.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:01 PM   #354
Orleanslady
Cultural Anthropologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeBeans View Post
DS has been weaned for 8 months. He still tries to cuddle into a nursing position and frequently tries to 'cop a feel'. We recently went into the lingerie section of a department store and he spied the wall-display of brassieres. He stretched his arms out, opened his eyes and said, with great love and feeling, "Oh! Look at all the nursies!"

He'll be three next month.
Too cute!
Old 07-20-2010, 02:34 PM   #355
belle&beast
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orleanslady View Post
My daughter self weaned at 6 months- once she had a bottle she never wanted the breast again- and my son bit me so badly at 11 months I could never relax, so we stopped. He is 6 now, but for the longest time his comfort was to hold onto the neckline of my shirt. Now I am nursing my 10 month old son with no end in sight, so I think you may be right that boys are harder to wean than girls.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:48 PM   #356
december
DIS Veteran

For a counter example to that argument let me introduce you to my 14 month old, Katie........ I don't even want to think about weaning her! She LOVES nursing.

I nursed my ds13 for 18 mos, and thought he loved it, but he didn't have nothing on his baby sister. (only got to nurse dd10 for 4 days due to my health problems at the time)
december is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:22 PM   #357
WendyLovesPeter
I wanna go back. I gotta go back to WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by december View Post
For a counter example to that argument let me introduce you to my 14 month old, Katie........ I don't even want to think about weaning her! She LOVES nursing.

I nursed my ds13 for 18 mos, and thought he loved it, but he didn't have nothing on his baby sister. (only got to nurse dd10 for 4 days due to my health problems at the time)
My DD (10 mo) is quite the nursie girl too. I thought my 4th child was hooked. This 5th baby takes the cake. She has refused the bottle from day one. On my work days the only liquid she will take is water from a straw...no breast milk, no formula in any way, shape, form or container. I was lucky enough to stay home with her til she was 5 months. But when I did go back to work... there were some stressful days as she just went on strike. She just didn't drink. She would tough it out til I came home and nurse and nurse and nurse. She still will barely eat baby food. She takes some table food, but for her, " To live is to nurse!"

Of course my "not so sure what I am doing" in-laws wonder if I am ready to wean her since her teeth are coming in like crazy. Ugh! Why does everyone care so much when BF mamas and babes decide to wean?!
WendyLovesPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:42 AM   #358
cmskok
Mouseketeer

Hi all! I have 2 children. DS (9) nursed until I got pregnant with DD. Apparently, breastmilk changes its taste when pregnancy occurs, so hw weaned then, but if I had not been pregnant, I believe he would have nursed forever

My daughter (6) nursed for 17 months and she self weaned! She was very easy in every way as a baby (I do not know if it was a girl thing or a second born thing!!!

I am expecting #3 soon--we will see how this little boy reacts!

Someone earlier said milk doesn't go away fully after you have nursed---I am curious about that because I swear this week that I was getting the beginnings of mastitis--hot breasts, sore nipples, shooting pains...Then I squeezed a little and I could see some moisture. Considering I have 10 weeks to go, I found that a bit odd. However, after that, the pain has gone away...Interesting.....I think I may have had a blocked duct...
1987 Off Property; 1998 CB Disneymoon; 2000 Disneyland Off Property; 2002 ASM;2003 POR; 2004 POR; 2005 PC; 2006 PC; 2007 OKW and AKL; 2008 SSR,1/2009 SSR; 9/2009 AKV KV;1/2010 BCV; 8/2010 AKV, SSR & BC; 1/2011 BLT&BWV; 1/2012 BCV, BWV & BLT; 11/2012 BCV; 8/13 CBR; 1/14 SSR

cmskok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:04 PM   #359
jkstewart1800
DIS Veteran

BUMP

I found some other threads out there with BF questions... and I wanted to make us a bit more visable for the new mommies!

DS 11 DS 8

jkstewart1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:16 PM   #360
Get me to Disney!
Mouseketeer

So nice to see this thread

My breastfeeding days are over But I happily nursed four babies for a year each. I think this thread is wonderful.

My first baby I would go in and sit on a toilet to nurse her, by baby number 3, I was comfortable enough to sit on a bench with a light blanket over my shoulder and I would not have changed a thing!!!

Bless all of you who give it a try - you won't regret the choice!!
4/17-4/24/1994 - Honeymoon (Dixie's Landings)
2004 - First Family Trip with kids
- 1 day trip with DH - all four parks in one day
9/3-9/20/2009 - ASMovies w/free dining
8/17-8/28/2010 - ASMovies w/free dining

Daddy (41) , Mommy (40) , Daughter (15) , Daughter (13) , Son (10) , Daughter (7) - All lovers of Disney
Get me to Disney! is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breastfeeding

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: