Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2010, 07:27 PM   #226
MommyPoppins
Tangled with the TF in a moment of weakness
A new saying!
I'm telling you what...I'd pay goog money

I forgot to say that I saw a mama nursing in Ohana's without using any cover, just using her shirt as a cover like in my pics and also a mama nursing outside of soaring doing the same. She was actually nursing a 2 year old, I was very impressed with that!

Last edited by MommyPoppins; 06-02-2010 at 07:28 PM. Reason: But in 5 days those were the only nursing mama's I saw and I was looking.
MommyPoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:35 PM   #227
scarlet_ibis
"GET UP AND GET ON THE BUS!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by candielips View Post
I buy the ones from Motherhood Maternity. They have ones that are just like regular bras, underwire, light padding, seamless front etc... and very comfortable. I think the last one I bought was $25 or $30. Not too bad.
I have used the cheapie ones from Walmart too but find them itchy, so I have to wear my nursing pads in them.
I have some from Mimi. They are almost like a "tank style" at the front top. Seamless in front, no underwire. $19.99 usually. But they aren't padded at all. I feel like I'm always saluting the crowd. And they don't offer a lot of support.

I also have an Elle MacPherson one, which seems to be better made, but still doesn't offer a lot of support and has no padding.

I tried on basically Motherhood's entire selection last month and found NOTHING that fit right. I'm nursing a 16 month old, so I don't know that I really want to invest in a whole bunch more nursing bras, or just stick it out for a few months. The girls nursed to 19 and 20 months, respectively, but the boy... he doesn't seem likely to give it up any time soon!
Off-property trips circa 1999, 1991, 1981
scarlet_ibis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2010, 08:14 PM   #228
kpm76
DIS Veteran
Charlie Brown is competing with my college basketball game

Thank Ladies! I will try Motherhood. I like support and underwire so that might work for me.....I hate bras in general and nursing ones specifically so it's not something I like to shop for at all!!!!
kpm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:07 PM   #229
belle&beast
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpm76 View Post
Thank Ladies! I will try Motherhood. I like support and underwire so that might work for me.....I hate bras in general and nursing ones specifically so it's not something I like to shop for at all!!!!
I wear DD cup (even when I'm not nursing) and nothing at Motherhood fit me right- the cups were never big enough- I fall right out the top. They all seemed to be cut more like demi cup bras, which I can never wear. My favorite has been the Duo brand at JCPenney. They are much more supportive than anything else I have been able to find, they are very comfortable and they are around $25.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:25 PM   #230
december
DIS Veteran

I'm here now, and I've nursed Katie all over WDW! I said I wasn't going to pay for dial up while I was here, but I needed some down time tonight. Let's just say I liked my sister better before I took a vacation with her.....

Anyway, she nursed most of the way here on the plane, on the ME bus, on the park buses, on Maelstrom, on The Land, at the Soarin' exit, Spaceship Earth, and pretty much all over Animal Kingdom. I've worn the udder cover most of the time, but on the dark buses and rides I haven't bothered. My sister has made a few remarks about weaning her, but I'm ignoring them and moving on!

I am loving my Ergo Sport. I had only used it once or twice before, but on this trip it has been a lifesaver. She just bounces and giggles, or sleeps, when I put her in it.

And I wear Target bras too.....
december is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:18 AM   #231
Davids-Coco
Sometimes my inner monologue isn't so inner

I live in Bravado tanks for the most part. They are spendy... but my oldest one is now almost 4 years old and still is in great shape. The other go to bra I have is a Bella Materna. I am currently looking at getting a Hot Milk bra. I've been pregnant, nursing or both for five years and really would like one pretty bra! lol
Old 06-03-2010, 04:59 AM   #232
candielips
DIS Veteran

This is my fav bra from Motherhood. And I cannot believe the price difference we pay for them here in Canada.

http://www.motherhood.com/Product.as...tegory_Id=MC29
Old 06-03-2010, 05:02 AM   #233
candielips
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by december View Post
I'm here now, and I've nursed Katie all over WDW! I said I wasn't going to pay for dial up while I was here, but I needed some down time tonight. Let's just say I liked my sister better before I took a vacation with her.....

Anyway, she nursed most of the way here on the plane, on the ME bus, on the park buses, on Maelstrom, on The Land, at the Soarin' exit, Spaceship Earth, and pretty much all over Animal Kingdom. I've worn the udder cover most of the time, but on the dark buses and rides I haven't bothered. My sister has made a few remarks about weaning her, but I'm ignoring them and moving on!

I am loving my Ergo Sport. I had only used it once or twice before, but on this trip it has been a lifesaver. She just bounces and giggles, or sleeps, when I put her in it.

Just ignore her. I am a firm believer in letting the child wean themselves. They will know when they are done. My DD weaned at 13 months, which was sad because I wasn't ready to stop nursing. My DS is only 7 months and is already showing signs of lack of interest in the ladies. He is down to nursing 4-5 x a day.

Enjoy the rest of your trip! I am glad your Ergo is working out for you.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:26 AM   #234
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyPoppins View Post
Well some people have said the beco is more mei tai like and not as hot. Who knows. Maybe I'll just forget it and keep trying to find one in OUAC and just stick with my mei tai and slings.

I wore double tanks(althought it was less obvious that I was trying to hook up a baby if I just pulled both layers up. She mostly covered my belly except my back and side a little and since I've lost weight I don't really have a roll there anymore so it was okay. lol), I like the layered look anyway and a regular bra. I gave up on nursing bras either too small or too big, I could NEVER find one to fit me right. So I just pull down the front of a regular bra.

She liked anything. She was such a good baby. Hardly ever fussing.She did not however like the characters so much. lol
Thanks! I usually go for the double tank look too.

I definitely think the Beco is a lot more like the Ergo than a Mei tai, but I think the Pikkilo is more like a mei tai? too many choices!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpm76 View Post
Ladies, please tell me what nursing bras you love. When I nursed DD I just got cheap ones from Target and they really did not provide much support......I'm willing to make the investment so cost is not really an issue since I will be needing them for a while (hopefully!).....thanks
I tried everything! I have DDs and now I live in my Bravado. I have the sport bra style, so major uni****, but they are super comfy. I've never worn anything besides underwire before this, but the wires were causing plugged ducts so I switched.

I got them on sale from CVS.com for around $15 each. They have a big sale a couple times a year. I'm hoping to pick up some more before we go to WDW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by december View Post

I need to try an Ergo Sport...I need to really try the regular Ergo I have! I always find excuses not to use it. Glad you're having fun. I'll send an imaginary smack your sister's way.
harleyquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:01 AM   #235
Ava
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
I need to try an Ergo Sport...I need to really try the regular Ergo I have! I always find excuses not to use it.
We love our Ergo! DD loves it too, she usually prefers being worn to being in a stroller, and if she sees one of us putting on the Ergo she'll crawl over for her "ride." I've never seen an Ergo Sport though, will have to Google that one.

PS - Hope you ladies don't mind me jumping into your thread. I'm not a nursing mom myself, but my partner is still nursing our DD who is 13 months old. She nurses in public all the time - not at Disney yet though. We're not going until next year, & DD will be 2 by then - but if she is still nursing, she will probably be nursed somewhere in the World!

1983 (age 3) - Buena Vista Palace
1988 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
1991 - Offsite
1997 - All-Star Music
2002 - All-Star Music
2004 - All-Star Movies
April 2006 - All-Star Music (1st Trip with DW!)
May 2011 - POP Century (DD1's 1st Trip!)
Sept 2014 - Caribbean Beach (DD2's 1st Trip!)

Ava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:04 AM   #236
cerilene
Mouseketeer

I am having a really hard time finding a nursing bra that's small enough. I'm a 34A and they just don't make them in my size. I have a couple of the cheap ones from Target but they are too big and I can't wear certain shirts with them. DD is 16 months so I've gotten good use out of them, but would love to find something that actually fits!

cerilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:52 PM   #237
december
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava View Post
We love our Ergo! DD loves it too, she usually prefers being worn to being in a stroller, and if she sees one of us putting on the Ergo she'll crawl over for her "ride." I've never seen an Ergo Sport though, will have to Google that one.

PS - Hope you ladies don't mind me jumping into your thread. I'm not a nursing mom myself, but my partner is still nursing our DD who is 13 months old. She nurses in public all the time - not at Disney yet though. We're not going until next year, & DD will be 2 by then - but if she is still nursing, she will probably be nursed somewhere in the World!
http://www.ergobabycarriers.com/baby...rs/item/BC6SP/

This new concept in ERGObaby Carriers is one of our best sellers! Made of a blend of 35% cotton and 65% polyester, the lighter, more-breathable fabric helps to keep babywearers more comfortable. The carrier's body features a vent for extra breathability, keeping both baby and parent cooler. The waist belt can extend an additional 5" further than our Standard or Organic carriers, and the shoulder straps can extend an extra 4", providing comfortable fit for babywearers of all sizes. The Sleeping Hood is completely detachable and can be stored in the pocket. Though this Carrier does not include the zippered pocket, the matching Front Pouch is a perfect place to store any necessities, including keys, a cell phone, a diaper and wipes, keeping all items easy to reach, and leaving you completely HandsFree!
december is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:17 AM   #238
rosedolph
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava View Post
Welcome! And I don't think this thread is only for nursing moms, but for people who support breast feeding.

And Then!!
rosedolph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:52 AM   #239
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

That Ergo sport looks pretty sweet I may have to find a way to justify purchasing it before our next trip in June. I have a Becco right now, and totally love it, but it looks like the Ergo would be cooler. I tried both the Ergo and Becco when I was purchasing a carrier and I thought that the Becco was easier to put on, and I liked that you could put the baby in the carrier and then put it on your back. I didn't think I'd ever be able to master putting Everett in the back carry position by myself with the Ergo. Who says I can't have two carriers, right!?
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:35 AM   #240
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
That Ergo sport looks pretty sweet I may have to find a way to justify purchasing it before our next trip in June. I have a Becco right now, and totally love it, but it looks like the Ergo would be cooler. I tried both the Ergo and Becco when I was purchasing a carrier and I thought that the Becco was easier to put on, and I liked that you could put the baby in the carrier and then put it on your back. I didn't think I'd ever be able to master putting Everett in the back carry position by myself with the Ergo. Who says I can't have two carriers, right!?
That's exactly why I picked the Beco too!

Lily and I have thrush. I think the pain is worse than giving birth was. I'm mad that I didn't realize it sooner, because I've had the pain for a few days, but i thought she just bit me or something. I woke up with a bright red nip. It also explains why Lily has been soo cranky the last couple of days. We thought it was teething. Poor thing.

Anyone had it? How long did it take for the pain to go away?
harleyquinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breastfeeding

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: