Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2010, 05:11 PM   #211
2luvmickey
Where my dreams always come true...

Although my 3 DS are nearly grown (the time flies), I'm glad I had the chance to nurse each of them.

My DS 15 was a nearly 10 pound healthy baby, yet had a terrible dairy allergy (don't get me started, it IS different than lactose intolerance!). I was able to nurse him for 16 months, until I was able to get him to drink soy milk.

My funny story: when DS 21 was tiny, he nursed every 2 hours. As he nuzzled up to me, I commented: "Again, you just ate an hour ago!" I didn't know my DH was in the kitchen getting some food and he replied: "I don't know why, but I'm starving." Dope! I was talking to your son.

I can't understand why people get so offended by nursing moms. Would you want to eat in a bathroom or under a towel in 90 degree heat?
Old 06-01-2010, 09:50 AM   #212
Reese
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by candielips View Post
I apologize ahead of time if this grosses anyone out but I have to ask.
Has anyone ever had red breast milk, blood in it?
I was pumping last night and looked down to see red milk I went to the ER only to wait for over 3 hrs and decided to come home and wait no longer. I pumped when I got home as I was engorged and the milk was fine, no longer red or pink but great looking milk.
I spoke to my Dr. today and he said that it is not that uncommon and could be a few different things and if it happens again to come in.
I am just curious if anyone else has experienced this and if so, what was the cause?
A little background info, I am nursing my 2nd child and he is 7 months. I nursed my DD for over a year and never had anything like this. I had mastitis w/ my DD and this does not feel like mastitis.
I've had that and also green but that is not normal. I had mastitis at the time so it was the nasty infection coming out. If it was mastitis I'm sure you would know it . But I have mistaken it for a plugged duct before.
Sept 08 POP Free Dining, Dec 08 Grand gathering at POP,Jan 09 Rolling Hills,March 09 Rolling Hills,May 09 ASMu and Emerald Isle,June 09 Just DH and I,July 09 ASMu Mother/Daughter trip,Sept 09 ASMu Free dining,May 10 ASMo & Star WarsSept 10 ASmo Free dining, Nov 10 Rolling Hills,May 11 Pop, Jan 12 MK and Dreamworks cruise,Sept 12Free Dining AoA family reunion,Nov 12 ASMu Mom/Daughter trip,Christmas Day surprise,April 13 ASMu Mother/Daughter trip,May 13 Star Wars ASSp,
Reese is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2010, 12:08 PM   #213
Adi12982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by candielips View Post
I apologize ahead of time if this grosses anyone out but I have to ask.
Has anyone ever had red breast milk, blood in it?
I was pumping last night and looked down to see red milk I went to the ER only to wait for over 3 hrs and decided to come home and wait no longer. I pumped when I got home as I was engorged and the milk was fine, no longer red or pink but great looking milk.
I spoke to my Dr. today and he said that it is not that uncommon and could be a few different things and if it happens again to come in.
I am just curious if anyone else has experienced this and if so, what was the cause?
A little background info, I am nursing my 2nd child and he is 7 months. I nursed my DD for over a year and never had anything like this. I had mastitis w/ my DD and this does not feel like mastitis.
I did earlier on, my nipp1e was cracked and it bled, so I had blood in my milk - I let it sit at room temperature for a while and the blood settles to the bottom and I was able to get most of the blood out - she drank it no problem. I read it is ok to give (on kellymom) because if you never pumped you would never know the baby was getting some blood too (unless they spit it up, I guess).

Adi12982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:49 PM   #214
candielips
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi12982 View Post
I did earlier on, my nipp1e was cracked and it bled, so I had blood in my milk - I let it sit at room temperature for a while and the blood settles to the bottom and I was able to get most of the blood out - she drank it no problem. I read it is ok to give (on kellymom) because if you never pumped you would never know the baby was getting some blood too (unless they spit it up, I guess).
I think having your baby spit up blood would be way scarier than having bloody BM.

There is no way I could have removed the blood from it as all of it was red. I seem fine now, but my Dr. said it can start and stop like that.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:38 AM   #215
MommyPoppins
Tangled with the TF in a moment of weakness
A new saying!
I'm telling you what...I'd pay goog money

We're back. I think my throwing up was a case of nerves.

I loved the Ergo, but I think I am going to return it and try for a beco, it's so bulky on my shoulders. It was easy to nurse in and we did that a lot when she was in it, but I wore her in my psling more because it is cooler. It was SO hot.

I nursed her on rides, on benches, anywhere. She didn't eat much because it was so hot, so I was nursing her a lot to make sure she was getting enough fluids.

On the TTA

Waiting for FOTLK

Sitting on the curb outside of the backlot tour.

Sitting in the gardens in the Japan pavilion.

We had a great time, except that WDW smelled like sewage. It was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nasty. There were TONS of HUGE tour groups; Indian, Brazillion, Italian. And they were stinking up the place. The normal yummy smells of disney were gone. It was stinking.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:46 AM   #216
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

LOVE the pics!! Glad you had a good time! Sorry about the smell! Sounds terrible!

Are you just wearing tanks with a nursing bra underneath?

The Beco may be even bulkier than the Ergo, so you might want to try before you buy. They are very similar, but the Beco has an added panel between you and the baby. I think the Ergo would be slightly cooler in the extreme heat.

So what were her favorite rides?
harleyquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:50 AM   #217
Davids-Coco
Sometimes my inner monologue isn't so inner

If you can find an old 4th gen Beco, it is almost identical to an ergo but has a better fit for me. I adore mine... but wouldn't go for the butterfly personally - don't like the panel.

I'll be nursing when we go again. We have only had one other nursing trip, but by then DS1 was only before/after nap and before/after nightime sleep. He was nursed until 2...

I think it is wonderful that everyone is being so supportive of each other! There are too many women who get treated meanly because of it.

Someone mentioned we are the only mammals who don't nurse. We are also the only mammals that drink another mammal's milk. And actually, my kids don't. My first never took to it and we are just continuing on our "other calcium" diet.

Last edited by Davids-Coco; 06-02-2010 at 10:56 AM.
Davids-Coco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:03 PM   #218
MommyPoppins
A new saying!

Well some people have said the beco is more mei tai like and not as hot. Who knows. Maybe I'll just forget it and keep trying to find one in OUAC and just stick with my mei tai and slings.

I wore double tanks(althought it was less obvious that I was trying to hook up a baby if I just pulled both layers up. She mostly covered my belly except my back and side a little and since I've lost weight I don't really have a roll there anymore so it was okay. lol), I like the layered look anyway and a regular bra. I gave up on nursing bras either too small or too big, I could NEVER find one to fit me right. So I just pull down the front of a regular bra.

She liked anything. She was such a good baby. Hardly ever fussing.She did not however like the characters so much. lol
Old 06-02-2010, 02:59 PM   #219
sritter78
Mouseketeer

I got my Ergo in the mail yesterday. We played around with it a little bit, and DS loved it. He was giggling and enjoyed playing with my tattoo on my back. Hopefully I can figure out how to nurse him in it.

2003~Off-site
2006~Off-site---DD's 1st Trip
2008~AKL/Poly
2009~Contemporary---DS's 1st Trip
2010~AKL/Saratoga Springs
2011~Off-Site-Surprise Trip
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
2013-Saratoga Springs
sritter78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:40 PM   #220
rparmfamily
In paradise

I love my Ergo, but I like the straps, I find them supportive. I wish it came in neater colors though. My friend has an Angel Pack and it's like an Ergo but prettier and less bulky.

http://www.angelpack.com/
Old 06-02-2010, 04:11 PM   #221
kpm76
DIS Veteran
Charlie Brown is competing with my college basketball game

Ladies, please tell me what nursing bras you love. When I nursed DD I just got cheap ones from Target and they really did not provide much support......I'm willing to make the investment so cost is not really an issue since I will be needing them for a while (hopefully!).....thanks
kpm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:50 PM   #222
rparmfamily
In paradise

I am just using the cheap ones from Target, ugg. In the past I LOVED the Bravado ones but the style I tried this time around just didn't fit right.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:50 PM   #223
candielips
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpm76 View Post
Ladies, please tell me what nursing bras you love.
I buy the ones from Motherhood Maternity. They have ones that are just like regular bras, underwire, light padding, seamless front etc... and very comfortable. I think the last one I bought was $25 or $30. Not too bad.
I have used the cheapie ones from Walmart too but find them itchy, so I have to wear my nursing pads in them.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:57 PM   #224
DisneyDorkORama
Mouseketeer

Disney trips are on hold until I can get a car!
DisneyDorkORama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:26 PM   #225
MommyPoppins
A new saying!

I have the target ones, without underwire. They are too small which is why I bought regular ones. I also bought the motherhood ones and they are gone. My baby is 9 months, so that tells you how long those 25 dollar bras lasted UGH! I hate nursing bras. LOL

Tags
breastfeeding

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: