Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2014, 12:00 PM   #1
aLLpInK
Totally Obsessed

Countdown to Disney in 2016 while in Nursing School

Hey guys. My family of five has enjoyed four trips to the World in the last five years. We are so in love with Disney that we would like to make it a yearly thing. But first, I must get through nursing school.

Any nurses out there with some advice on making it through alive?

I am so ready to get this journey started this August. The next two years will be straight studying and any time with the kids that I can fit in. I have been a SAHM for years to my 3 girls and my DH is a construction inspector so needless to say we are a working class family on a budget. That budget will will be even more crunched over the next two years, especially since I hope to pay for a lot of my schooling with my savings in hopes to avoid any student loans.

My graduation present?? None other than WDW. Although I am thinking the trip may have to be delayed just a bit after graduation in May 2016 because I can't see us saving it up enough while I am in school.

Anyone else gone through college with a family?
I'm so ready to get this done and be able to better our lives and hopefully visit Disney every year for many to come!

aLLpInK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 12:30 PM   #2
tevisco4
Mouseketeer

Best of luck! I just graduated Nursing School with a family. I have a three year old and a five year old boy, you can do it! There were times I wanted to quit but I pushed on and it is worth it!

Nursing School was harder than labor.
Soooo, my gift to myself and my husband and boys is going to Disney in November and there is no other place I would rather celebrate

Good luck!
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2014, 12:41 PM   #3
lizard1
Mouseketeer

I am in the EXACT same boat as you. I am in nursing school (though I am doing the 4 year BSN) and have a family with 3 kids. This is just about the hardest thing I have ever done (might be tied with learning Korean in the military).

My graduation presenet? I want to go to Disney's Aulani.

Advice? Become a good test taker. Find whatever resources you need to do that. It is hard when every answer on a test is correct, but there is one that is MORE correct. I think that is one thing that everyone struggles with. Also, don't overthink your answers. One problem that many have is that they go back and change their answers. Do not do that unless you KNOW the first answer is wrong. Your brain knows better, most times that first answer will be the correct one.
lizard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:01 PM   #4
aLLpInK
Totally Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tevisco4 View Post
Best of luck! I just graduated Nursing School with a family. I have a three year old and a five year old boy, you can do it! There were times I wanted to quit but I pushed on and it is worth it!

Nursing School was harder than labor.
Soooo, my gift to myself and my husband and boys is going to Disney in November and there is no other place I would rather celebrate

Good luck!
Congratulations!! I got through labor 3 times so maybe I will be ok??
I think that looking back at all the awesome memories we have had at Disney so far, and the way it brings our family closer will make me push myself even harder. Disney is so inspiring in it's self. The history, the whole journey, the dream! Disney is what inspired me to go back to school in the first place!

Thanks so much for sharing your story! I can imagine how proud you feel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizard1 View Post
I am in the EXACT same boat as you. I am in nursing school (though I am doing the 4 year BSN) and have a family with 3 kids. This is just about the hardest thing I have ever done (might be tied with learning Korean in the military).

My graduation presenet? I want to go to Disney's Aulani.

Advice? Become a good test taker. Find whatever resources you need to do that. It is hard when every answer on a test is correct, but there is one that is MORE correct. I think that is one thing that everyone struggles with. Also, don't overthink your answers. One problem that many have is that they go back and change their answers. Do not do that unless you KNOW the first answer is wrong. Your brain knows better, most times that first answer will be the correct one.
Thanks so much for the tips! I will def read more into test taking strategies! I have been going for a year and got all my basic classes taken care of. The next two years will be straight nursing classes. (ADN)
Aulani would be perfect! I know you will get there
I am scared to death but also so pumped to get started.

aLLpInK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:22 AM   #5
golden2323
Mouseketeer

I'm in the middle of nursing school now. I just finished my junior year and will be starting my senior year in August. We, too, thought we wouldn't make it back to Disney until I graduated, but the stars aligned and my husband did some extra contracting work this summer, so we're headed down for a vacation in a couple of weeks! Just what this family needs after a couple of years of nursing school. I have six year old twins, so I completely understand how difficult it is with kids at home. Best of luck - it's hard, but it's worth it!

DH Me DD (6) DD (6)
golden2323 is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: