Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2010, 10:27 AM   #1
MidoriTsusuki
Earning My Ears

Pop Century Buses

So I'm thinking that my DBF and I will be staying in Pop Century this upcoming August. I've never stayed on-site before so I'm quite excited for that new experience. I'm just wondering if anybody has any tricks for the to and from for parks to Pop Century or Pop Century to certain parks with making the least amount of stops or quickest routes?

For example, going from MK taking the Resort Monorail to one of the resorts and taking a bus from there to Pop Century rather than taking the direct monorail and taking the Pop Century bus from there. I don't know if this is true. I just made it up for an example.
MidoriTsusuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:34 AM   #2
MinnieLovesMickey
Peyton Manning's #1 Fan!

Unfortunately, bus is pretty much the only way to get and from the parks from POP. You won't be able to get a POP bus at any of the resorts, only the parks.

Hope you enjoy POP!
MinnieLovesMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2010, 10:34 AM   #3
WINTER
DIS Veteran

if you want to go to the MK from Pop you get on the bus going there. There are buses to each of the parks. Go to the MK if you want to ride the resort monorail.
15 trips stayed off site; '87 Viscount (DTD); '89 Howard Johnson (DTD); '95 Travelodge (DTD); '96 CBR; '05, '06, '09, '10 Pop Century; '07 Royal Plaza (DTD); 6/11 W/L; 5/12 POR; 7/12 BW Plus Park Place Inn at D'Land; 6/13 D'Land BW Plus Park Place Inn; 7/13 W/L; 10/13 Bonnet Creek; 7/14 CR TPV. ]

WINTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:39 AM   #4
Blonde Princess
Mouseketeer

There are no buses from resort to resort. (of course this is absent the buses on the same loop like YC/BC & Boardwalk where conceivably you could take a bus from BC to Boardwalk). You have to take a bus to everywhere from POP, unless you drive.
Blonde Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:51 AM   #5
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

the MK buses go directly to the front of MK - you don't have to ride the monrail unless you want too.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 02:33 PM   #6
moviefreak00
Earning My Ears

Anyone know which building the Pop Buses are nearest too? Trying to determine exactly which room we will be requesting for our trip Sept. 10th

Thanks!
moviefreak00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 06:04 PM   #7
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidoriTsusuki View Post
So I'm thinking that my DBF and I will be staying in Pop Century this upcoming August. I've never stayed on-site before so I'm quite excited for that new experience. I'm just wondering if anybody has any tricks for the to and from for parks to Pop Century or Pop Century to certain parks with making the least amount of stops or quickest routes?

For example, going from MK taking the Resort Monorail to one of the resorts and taking a bus from there to Pop Century rather than taking the direct monorail and taking the Pop Century bus from there. I don't know if this is true. I just made it up for an example.
You got good information above, I'm just gonna boil it down and put it all in one place for you.

The only Disney Transport transportation available to and from Pop Century is buses. The good news is that Pop Century does not share buses with any other resort. The other good news is that there is no such thing as a bus that makes stops at all the theme parks. In other words, if you are at the Pop Century bus stop and want to go to Magic Kingdom, you stand at that bus stop and wait for a bus that says "MAGIC KINGDOM" on the front of it. After you board that bus, it will go directly to Magic Kingdom, no other stops. It's the same if you want to go to Epcot ... the Epcot bus goes directly to Epcot. The same for the other 2 theme parks, too.

And as you've already learned, there are no buses at the resort hotels that go to other resort hotels. In other words, you don't even have the option of leaving MK, taking a monorail to one of the monorail resorts and then catching a bus from that resort to Pop Century, because no such bus exists.

The monorails will have very little use for you, for the most part. There are 3 monorail lines. The resort monorail makes a loop connecting the monorail resorts, MK and the Transportation & Ticket Center. The express monorail goes only between MK and the TTC. The Epcot monorail goes only between the TTC and Epcot.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:05 PM   #8
LoveMMC
Mouseketeer

The bus stops are on the far side of classic hall- I would say the 80s B building would be closest or the 60s if you cut through classic hall.
We stayed in the 90s at the end of August and we just cut across the parking lot each morning. We were there in seconds and didnt wait long for any buses

Closest to the parking lot is
Downtown Disney/Blizzard beach(?)
then
Animal Kingdom
Epcot
Magic Kingom
Hollywood studios ( I think)

Loved the bus- mostly direct and came often.
DLP 2003, 2004, 2012
WDW 2010 POP , 2011 CSR , 2013 POFQ
LoveMMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:13 PM   #9
moviefreak00
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMMC View Post
The bus stops are on the far side of classic hall- I would say the 80s B building would be closest or the 60s if you cut through classic hall.
We stayed in the 90s at the end of August and we just cut across the parking lot each morning. We were there in seconds and didnt wait long for any buses

Closest to the parking lot is
Downtown Disney/Blizzard beach(?)
then
Animal Kingdom
Epcot
Magic Kingom
Hollywood studios ( I think)

Loved the bus- mostly direct and came often.
Thank you!!!
moviefreak00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:30 PM   #10
Nadjalu
DIS Veteran

Actually the 80's is farther away from the buses than the 70's and the 60's.

Closest to the buses are in this order:
60's, 70's and 50's tied, 80's and 90's tied.

Now depending on which building in the 60's or 70's one could be closer than the other but really close enough to call even.

In order to get from the 80's to the buses you have to walk thru most the resort or cut thru the parking lot (but this way is still farther than the 60's buildings).

Believe me, I hate walking after a day at the parks, so my choice is 60's or 70's and that is it.

You will like POP. Their buses are by far better than any other resort in my opinion. You have 1 stop at the resort, not 2 or 3 like at CBR or others.
But as others said you can only take one to a park or DTD not another resort. Still pretty easy though.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:36 PM   #11
hollyrose
Believes in the Magic.

So excited!

I was a little worried at some of the reviews of this hotel on trip advisor, but after a lot of research, I think this will be the best choice for my next Disney trip with my boyfriend next February

WOO HOO!!!

In loving memory of Skip, my WDW loving Dad.
hollyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:19 PM   #12
I Love Pluto
DIS Veteran
I guess that makes me a kiddie song expert.

With Pop Century busses, the trick is to expect to wait, expect to stand.

If you are unable to stand, be prepared to wait through several bus loads without grumbling.

If you expect the worst, then it will be delightful when you actually get on a bus that you only waited 5 minutes for, and got a seat!
Old 10-10-2011, 04:31 PM   #13
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Pluto View Post
With Pop Century busses, the trick is to expect to wait, expect to stand.

If you are unable to stand, be prepared to wait through several bus loads without grumbling.

If you expect the worst, then it will be delightful when you actually get on a bus that you only waited 5 minutes for, and got a seat!
Not sure where that came from but my experiences with Pop Century buses have been about 99.9% positive. Once, and only once, did I have to wait a full twenty minutes going to a park and once, and only once, did I have to wait more than 10 minutes coming back from a park. I've stayed there five times.

And really, I guess it's been 100% positive because Disney says buses run every 20 minutes.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:07 PM   #14
santadog
DIS Veteran

For building requests, I don't know that I'd make the Buses a priority. we stayed there twice, and first time we stayed in the 90s (poolside) and had a short walk to the bus (across the parking lot). We felt we missed a lot that the resort had to offer - and next time we stayed in building 3 with a lake view (room 3336), and loved it. It was a little further to walk (about 3 more minutes) - we were close to both the Hippy Dippy and Bowling pin pools, and we were actually closer to the building where the food court and gift shop were.
Best part, we could see both the Epcot and MK fireworks from our room.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:05 PM   #15
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviefreak00 View Post
Anyone know which building the Pop Buses are nearest too? Trying to determine exactly which room we will be requesting for our trip Sept. 10th

Thanks!
Here is a map
http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/PopCenturyMap.pdf

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: