Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2010, 09:24 AM   #91
Tinks "SS"
DIS Veteran

AHHH, i hope i have as great a time on my BFF trip at the end of june. We only have one park day and trying to figure out which one to do. right now we are thinking HS but may have to change it. Love the updates and please keep them coming!

me (Leigh Anne), DH (Bart), DS 12, DS10
Old 05-18-2010, 01:16 PM   #92
mousetravel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
It's been a very crazy and hectic couple of months for me. We are being transferred BACK to SC and none of us are happy about it. We LOVE living in Florida, and of course the proximity to WDW! So my stress level leading up to this trip was seriously in the red zone.......

But for now, what stress????

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Joining in on your TR! But I was curious as the story of you moving back to SC? Maybe I missed it if it was mentioned somewhere. I live in SC, so was just wondering. I would love to live closer to Florida, but at least you can do the drive from here to WDW in one day.
Mom/Daughter PTR: Christmas Trip! 2011 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post42724982
Mom/Daughter Trip Report June 2011: Disney Dream! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2744972
Mom/Daughter Trip Report: Disney & Sea World 2010
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2443520

Mom/Daughter Trip Report: WDW & Disney Cruise 2009 ttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2095302
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2010, 01:41 PM   #93
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Oh wow that food looks yumma and those shots and cocktails, yes please
Old 05-18-2010, 01:47 PM   #94
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Looks like all of you had so much fun!! Can't wait to read more about the trip!

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
Old 05-18-2010, 04:13 PM   #95
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Ole is right! for the Ditch! Those are some amazing cocktails and those bartenders are kind-of cute. Awesome, awesome update. Good thing you stopped sending me pictures by that point or I would have cried myself to sleep seeing all that yummy tequila go down the hatch. You moms are off to a great start.

Oh - and I love your Epcot picture. Its really beautiful!
And yes, it's only the beginning!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
Between the massage and the fun at The Ditch, I am beyond green with envy!!! You girls sound like a party waiting to happen!
We were a party happening the whole time!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Ohhhh The Ditch
We had a pretty big dismeet there on the 5th....I had the blood orange and the classic....Soooooo good. I had a habanero one at the stand in DTD and that was good too. I think I will try them all in October Well it IS food and wine

Tracy
What better place to have a DISmeet than the Ditch!!! Guess that's why we were always so happy there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Great update Ellen !! The food looks awesome and the drinks too !!!Sorry I have not been around much I am working almost non stop and am at the moment at work !!! Trouble with Dissing at work is I have to keep stopping to WORK
I think you have your priorities wrong Rosie!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
oh ya.. I can totally see the "arm twisting" to get you to drink with the bday girl LOL
I, of course, was hiding in the back doing crossword puzzles and drinking chocolate milk out of a twisty straw. Love those crazy straws, chocolate milk looping all around!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks "SS" View Post
AHHH, i hope i have as great a time on my BFF trip at the end of june. We only have one park day and trying to figure out which one to do. right now we are thinking HS but may have to change it. Love the updates and please keep them coming!
I would recommend Epcot..... guess why????

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousetravel View Post
Joining in on your TR! But I was curious as the story of you moving back to SC? Maybe I missed it if it was mentioned somewhere. I live in SC, so was just wondering. I would love to live closer to Florida, but at least you can do the drive from here to WDW in one day.
We moved to FL almost 3 years ago from Spartanburg and we're being transferred BACK there!!! Closing on new house is scheduled for Monday so keep your fingers crossed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Oh wow that food looks yumma and those shots and cocktails, yes please
I didn't try the food, don't know what I was thinking, but the drinks (chocolate milk, of course) was great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaAnnie View Post
Looks like all of you had so much fun!! Can't wait to read more about the trip!

Did we have fun??? Can you say DISmoms Round THREE for 2011??????

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 05-18-2010, 04:41 PM   #96
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=karajeboo;36692021]I, of course, was hiding in the back doing crossword puzzles and drinking chocolate milk out of a twisty straw. Love those crazy straws, chocolate milk looping all around!!!
QUOTE]

Like we really believe you were drinking Chocolate milk. I bet there is a photo showing elsewise. (Is elsewise a word?).
Old 05-19-2010, 08:09 AM   #97
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Ole? In Japan? How much DID you drink in the ditch????
You KNOW how much I drank in that Ditch- and it wasn't through any twisty straw, either!!

And thanks for running on water for me. I had your chocolate milk waiting for you, and I HATE when you have to drink it warm!
Old 05-19-2010, 08:14 AM   #98
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

[QUOTE=kid-at-heart;36692349]
Quote:
I, of course, was hiding in the back doing crossword puzzles and drinking chocolate milk out of a twisty straw. Love those crazy straws, chocolate milk looping all around!!!
QUOTE]

Like we really believe you were drinking Chocolate milk. I bet there is a photo showing elsewise. (Is elsewise a word?).
Pictures? What pictures???? And yes, elsewise works for me..... especially after all that chocolate milk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
You KNOW how much I drank in that Ditch- and it wasn't through any twisty straw, either!!

And thanks for running on water for me. I had your chocolate milk waiting for you, and I HATE when you have to drink it warm!
It keeps me focused so I can take care of the rest of you.....

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 05-19-2010, 08:29 AM   #99
mousetravel
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We moved to FL almost 3 years ago from Spartanburg and we're being transferred BACK there!!! Closing on new house is scheduled for Monday so keep your fingers crossed!!!
Oh, then you'll be about an hour from me! How neat! I've been to Spartanburg several times. I love to go to the Beacon and the Disney Outlet at the Disney Distribution Center not far from there.
Mom/Daughter PTR: Christmas Trip! 2011 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post42724982
Mom/Daughter Trip Report June 2011: Disney Dream! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2744972
Mom/Daughter Trip Report: Disney & Sea World 2010
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2443520

Mom/Daughter Trip Report: WDW & Disney Cruise 2009 ttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2095302
Old 05-19-2010, 09:33 AM   #100
podsnel

Ah-SO!! Who knows where to check in at Tokyo? AND there once was a dog named Bucky..

Jalepeno Ritas and chocolate milk in hand, we headed over to Tokyo Dining for our ADR.

Some people were enjoying their chocolate milk a little too much already-

I headed up the stairs to the restaurant....only to be STOPPED by some other DISmoms who insisted we needed to check-in at the little podium at the bottom of the stairs-

So I waited in line.....and then was told "Oh no...so sorry...you check in upstairs!"

The lovely woman who crowned me smartest DISmom-

As we waited for our table, we finished our Ritas in Japan- is it WRONG to drink a Rita in Japan? O-FREAKIN-LAY, it's just FINE!! When we were seated, Kara followed her...ahem...chocolate milk with this suspiciously non-chocolatey drink-

Hey! Where's Kara's Twisty Straw????

Joan & I got Sake flights-

I just LOVE the friendly skies!!

We were sticking with our let's order more appys plan- and while we waited for the sake to kick in, Kara teased us with an upcoming tale (or is it tail???)

There once was a doggie named Bucky

Who considered himself kind of lucky
He had a fifth leg
And he didn't beg
To get rid of that fifth was quite plucky.

FWIW...if this weren't the DISboards, I think I'd write this limerick a little differently, mainly the second line. But I'm keepin it clean! Well, as clean as any Bucky story can be....

The DISmoms contemplate Bucky's plight-

Finally our food came-I had a Dynamite roll, which was a California roll with wasabi mayo sauce topped with salmon, tuna, yellowtail, scallion & spicy green smelt roe-

Kara had a spicy tuna crunch roll-

Cammie & Joan had tempura -

Lonnie & Pam wanted to have Teriyaki Chicken from the kids menu (yes, you CAN!)

While we were dining, Illuminations began. Cammie ran out to watch (did Pam go too?) and the rest of us stayed inside and watched-

Even though we were not right next to the window, we could still see very well (we were the next row over from the windows). Ya know, I was actually pretty impressed by the view from up in the restaurant- I could, for the first time, actually make out the images in the earth as it floated by- it was beautiful! I even saw the I love Lucy part!

I think next time I'm in Epcot for Illuminations, I may actually try to watch from the stairs and see how that is.

Cammie returned, and it was time for another freebie- Loni's chocolate ginger cake happy birthday serenade!

Doesn't she look so happy the restaurant made a fuss?? She just craves the spotlight, the big ham!

Cont'd next post-

Old 05-19-2010, 09:43 AM   #101
podsnel

Epcot EMH cont'd-

Tonight was EMH, so we went down to the shops- Pam was interested in purchasing a sake set, and found the perfect one! Joan was looking for a late night snack-

We decided we needed to go on at least ONE ride, so we all hoofed it across the park to ride Test Track- getting in the single rider line to save some time, because stand-by was 40 minutes! I REALLY wanted to ride with Lonnie, because it was her first time ( to review from past TRs, Loni gets motion sick so doesn't go on a lot of rides). We were lucky enough to be put together!!! I LOVE that single rider line!!

All the single riders! All the single riders!! Totally singing NikkilovesWDW!'s song in my head!

We thought about going over to Soarin, but decided to call it a night because, well for me, anyway, I had been up since 4 am and didn't want to ruin the rest of my vacation due to exhaustion. HOWEVER....we of course had a nightcap back at the villa and gabbed for a couple of hours before finally hitting the hay. Because that's what DISmoms do- Gab until the wee hours because....we CAN!!! We don't have no stinkin' kids to be quiet for!!

Next up...even on NO SLEEP, breakfast at Kona's ROCKS!!!

Old 05-19-2010, 10:33 AM   #102
GaRain
DIS Veteran

How any of y'all were able to walk back to your room at all - I have no idea!?!?
Still sounding like a great time and we aren't even past day 1, right?!

Patiently waiting for more.
Lara
Old 05-19-2010, 10:37 AM   #103
alan_renfroe
DIS Veteran

EXCELLENT update, Ellen!

Quote:

ahhh....Kara wearing the now-infamous flip flops of pain. Looks like Cammie and Kara were having trouble walking a straight line....or at least walking like an Egyptian. (Shouldn't there be an Egypt in the WS?)

Quote:

Joan & I got Sake flights-

I just LOVE the friendly skies!!

Nice!!! I had no idea you could do a sake flight in Japan! I feel like such a rookie.

Quote:

Finally our food came-I had a Dynamite roll, which was a California roll with wasabi mayo sauce topped with salmon, tuna, yellowtail, scallion & spicy green smelt roe-

Kara had a spicy tuna crunch roll-

I think I just drooled a little on my computer monitor.

Quote:

We decided we needed to go on at least ONE ride, so we all hoofed it across the park to ride Test Track- getting in the single rider line to save some time, because stand-by was 40 minutes! I REALLY wanted to ride with Lonnie, because it was her first time ( to review from past TRs, Loni gets motion sick so doesn't go on a lot of rides). We were lucky enough to be put together!!! I LOVE that single rider line!!

All the single riders! All the single riders!! Totally singing NikkilovesWDW!'s song in my head!

Test Track after sake flight and raw fish? Hmmm...

Love the "All the single riders....All the single riders....whoa oh oh...if you like it then you shoulda got a FastPass for it! (sorry...just trying to contribute.)

Great update! Looking forward to Kona breakfast!

Renfroe family returns to WDW for first time in 5 years! May 30-June 5, 2014

Past trip reports:
Team Renfroe's 2nd Trip Report, May 15-22, 2009 - 1500 pictures, dining reviews and DISmeets! - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2187084
Pre-Trip Report for May, 2009 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1884986
First trip report with TONS of pics - May, 2008 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1841491
Old 05-19-2010, 11:20 AM   #104
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

What a great place to watch Illuminations from! I've never been able to make out anything on that glove except for running horses and perhaps some Native American children? What a good idea to watch from the top of the stairs...I'll have to try that....

Quote:

Hahaha! You totally inspired that song by pointing out the poor single rider next to me and Tom in our Test Track picture!

Did you the video of the CMs who made their own Single Riders song? I was sooo depressed when I saw that someone had "stolen" my idea! I still think my lyrics were better and I plan on making a music video for it on our next trip. Thanks for the shout-out!
Old 05-19-2010, 11:24 AM   #105
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaRain View Post
How any of y'all were able to walk back to your room at all - I have no idea!?!?
Still sounding like a great time and we aren't even past day 1, right?!

Patiently waiting for more.
Lara
It probably does look like alot, but really it wasn't. I personally had 4 or 5 drinks over the course of maybe 9 hours. The sake flight isn't as big and scary as you would think- there was not a whole lot in each glass. SOME of us, tho, had a little more to drink than others....

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan_renfroe View Post
EXCELLENT update, Ellen!

ahhh....Kara wearing the now-infamous flip flops of pain. Looks like Cammie and Kara were having trouble walking a straight line....or at least walking like an Egyptian. (Shouldn't there be an Egypt in the WS?)

Nice!!! I had no idea you could do a sake flight in Japan! I feel like such a rookie.

I think I just drooled a little on my computer monitor.

Test Track after sake flight and raw fish? Hmmm...

Love the "All the single riders....All the single riders....whoa oh oh...if you like it then you shoulda got a FastPass for it! (sorry...just trying to contribute.)

Great update! Looking forward to Kona breakfast!
Yes, there SHOULD be an Egypt in Epcot!! I think that's something that has come up once or twice...just imagine the rollercoaster they could put inside THAT pyramid!!

The sushi was yummy- I really would like to go back there and REALLY have some sushi, tho. When Pods & I were there for that F&W sake pairing last fall, all the sushi we had was TDF! well....there's always a next time!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: