Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2010, 07:48 PM   #61
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Really enjoying this TR.

When I was in Epcot last September I never could find the tequila bar. We looked all over Mexico. I guess the Margarita gods were against us on that trip!
When you enter the pyramid, take the stairs on the right, and it's on the right at the bottom of those stairs. It may not have opened yet if you were there too early in September- I'm not sure, but didn't it open sometime around then? I saw it open in late September when I was there with DH, but we didn't go in because DH says, "I'm not a tequila guy." Waaaah waaah waaah! Suck it up, MISTER!! This september he'll be enjoying those Mexican beers they stock every day we're in Disney!!
Old 05-15-2010, 12:48 AM   #62
MEK
DIS Veteran

Yes...its almost 2 am! Yes... I waited up for my son to get home from his band trip and my other son to get home from his GF's house. Yes....I finally downloaded all of my pictures tonight. I freak'in LOVE my new camera! And YES........I started my TR! And I am trying to catch up on everyone else's.

What an awesome start to your first day! The message sounds divine and I think I need one after my first week back from vacation. I also love the villa at BC...lovely ....bright, airy, and beachy.

I agree with Praisehisname...I need a girls trip next year. The men on my trip were being a tad boring this trip. They would go back to the room and watch MSNBC and other news channels in the middle of the day. BORING! They were absolutely wrapped up in the stock market...computer and TV going simultaneously. That's so NOT Disney!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2010, 07:41 AM   #63
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Yay! The axe murderers convention has begun! I'm so glad you all got to go, and also a little jealoous.

Ellen, I gotta say, I'd be a little shy about the whole mud thing with a guy, but I have had a massage with a male massage therapist, and you're right, the strong hands are great!
Kara, love that you brought your own axe!
Sorry about the blisters, not a good way to start the trip.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:47 AM   #64
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

Geezen, I go away for one day to make a milk run and two whole pages happen. Since I know you are going to ask what “milk run” means, we and seven other families belong to a “milk group”. The milk group buys raw milk from an organic dairy located about an hour’s drive from our town. Once every week one of the members of the group drives up with everyone’s coolers and milk jars to load up and deliver the milk to each family. Yesterday was my turn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Mandara Spa...
Joanie & I relaxed and sipped our citrus water and herb tea for a while in the most beautiful and peaceful oasis of a room before getting dressed and walking back-
Ahhhh, the spa. I am so envious.

Last edited by kid-at-heart; 05-15-2010 at 09:25 AM.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:54 AM   #65
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
It's another DISmoms reunion!!!! Of course, Cammie showed up with a drink in hand!!!!

So we made TWO trips around the WS, ... slushie, tequila flight, margarita, lossburg lemonade...... and the night hadn't even begun yet!!!!!
"Drink in hand!!" Best way to start a trip.

Tequila, my favorite drink, that and red wine. Sounds like a wonderful beginning for all.

Kate

Old 05-15-2010, 10:07 AM   #66
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Ok let the party begin.. Im here now LOL

AHHH ive missed so much..hold on got some catching up to do LOL.
Old 05-15-2010, 02:21 PM   #67
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the directions to the tequila bar. We were at WDW Sept 18 thru 23. The place was open then, but we just couldn't find it. I know that I won't miss it the next time.

I'm so ready for a girls trip, but none of my BFF's would go, they are done with WDW since their kids are grown. Think that I need to find some new Disney going friends!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 05-15-2010, 04:00 PM   #68
rpbear
DIS Veteran

Great TR. I have been absent from the boards for about 6 months. Too much work and too little time. I come back and find this wonderful trip report to get me hooked again.

Lucy

It has been too long since the last trip. Adding a ticker finally for my next trip.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:35 AM   #69
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

loving it not even through the 1st full day and the drinking has commenced! girls after my own heart!.

So was HMH ever spotted.. or is sailor boy the new HMH? lol
Old 05-16-2010, 01:45 PM   #70
CamDisMom
Earning My Ears

Okay, okay.......I'm here!!!!

And for my first post, I'd just like to state for the record that I was the ONLY DisMom on this trip who did not require any bandages on any part of her feet throughout this whole trip. Teva Mush flipflops, FTW!!!!

LOL at the patheticness of my new account.

It's Cammie, btw. And Alan, thank you for your kind words!
Old 05-16-2010, 02:23 PM   #71
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

Yippee, Cammie is here - with her Teva Mushies!

Last edited by kid-at-heart; 05-16-2010 at 02:28 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 03:10 PM   #72
CamDisMom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post
Yippee, Cammie is here - with her Teva Mushies!
HaHa! I SWEAR by those flipflops. I bring @4 pairs and they are the only "shoes" I wear at Disney!
Old 05-16-2010, 03:15 PM   #73
lshaw6
Mouseketeer

Hmmm, I need new flip flops. I'll have to check those out. Welcome back Cammie!

1974,1982,1993 offsite
Feb 2007 Caribbean Beach
April 2008 Saratoga Springs
Sept 2008 SOG, Polynesian
April 2009 POR, Yacht Club
Feb 2010 Polynesian
Jan 2011 POP, CSR, Wilderness Lodge
Dec 2011 CBR, CSR, Wilderness Lodge
June 2012 POP, Polynesian
July 2012 Contemporary
Oct 2012 POFQ, POR
Dec 2012 POR
Old 05-16-2010, 03:32 PM   #74
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamDisMom View Post
HaHa! I SWEAR by those flipflops. I bring @4 pairs and they are the only "shoes" I wear at Disney!
I have not worn "flipflops" in years. The last time I wore flops I ended up with a hugh blister between my toes, hence the reason I stopped wearing them. Maybe it is time to give the TevaMush a try.

Old 05-16-2010, 03:42 PM   #75
knewton64
If it is "5 o'clock somewhere," does that mean it can be 5 o'clock anywhere and all the time?

Smile inquiring minds now know......

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
When you enter the pyramid, take the stairs on the right, and it's on the right at the bottom of those stairs. It may not have opened yet if you were there too early in September- I'm not sure, but didn't it open sometime around then? I saw it open in late September when I was there with DH, but we didn't go in because DH says, "I'm not a tequila guy." Waaaah waaah waaah! Suck it up, MISTER!! This september he'll be enjoying those Mexican beers they stock every day we're in Disney!!
......WHERE TO GO 4 great liquid refreshments!

Thanks 4 the tip when I check out Food & Wine Festval in Oct.

P>S>....love the pic of the hot tub! WOW!!

Lovng yer tr!
My "ADVENTURES N IRELAND" - TRIP REPORT; JUNE 2011 (w/pics & video) -http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N HAWAII" -October 2011 trip report (w/pics & video)- http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2&referrerid=0
My "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE N KEY WEST, COZUMEL & G CAYMAN DCL TRIP REPORT; JAN'12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N NEW YORK CITY" TRIP REPORT; SEPT '12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL, ROSE BOWL PARADE & COASTAL CALIFORNIA" TRIP REPORT (w/pics & video)- DEC '13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N ENGLAND & SCOTLAND" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT - August 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040
MY "ADVENTURES N DISNEYLAND, CATALINA ISLAND & OTHER ASSORTED SO CAL STUFF" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT; DEC 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: