Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2010, 07:24 PM   #16
GroovyLZ
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know my name??? help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 05-12-2010, 08:14 PM   #17
Lovin Life
I don’t believe in titles!

My Name

They call me 'Stacey'
They call me 'her'
They call me 'Jane'
That's not my name
That's not my name
That's not my name
That's not my name

Great start, girls! I had the best time, and am looking forward to next year's trip! I'll be part of the AP holder's club. Whoo, hoo!

Since I stink at writing, I'll just enjoy the show! After all, I'm one of the stars!

I didn't realize how much I miss the smiley's!

Me - , DH - , DD16 - , DD12 - People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be. - Abraham Lincoln
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2010, 09:18 PM   #18
manntra
DIS Veteran

Why helllooooo there!!! It was so great to meet all of you----you creepy Internet people!!! Hahahaha What a great way to start off your trip with Le Cellier and some GGS!! I have a picture of me stalking the GGS guy getting ready to open one morning! Maybe if I had that axe I could have scored earlier

Tracy
Old 05-12-2010, 10:09 PM   #19
Mysteria
MINDFREAK!
I'll release my inner felon on his butt if I get soaked by rain and bumped by pushy people
Make wishes on folded up chips

Here comes the poop tag

Location: They couldn't fit chemical and oil refinery state on the license plates

Great start! I love that you can do something like take out at Le cellier and people look at you like you're special! Can't wait for more. Should have waited 2 minutes for moosehead and then gone for the grey goose though.

Ellen we need to have lunch again sooner than later so I get the story soon!
Old 05-12-2010, 10:49 PM   #20
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

subbing and going back to catch up!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
Old 05-12-2010, 11:12 PM   #21
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Great start !!! I see Kara's warped sense of humor is alive and well!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
Old 05-13-2010, 07:53 AM   #22
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroovyLZ View Post
Lonnie!!!!!!!! Why do I not remember this being your screen name???

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Hey! I resemble that remark!!!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 05-13-2010, 08:15 AM   #23
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Joining in You guys sound like you had a hoot and a half at Disney

I love how you have an styrofoam axe Kara, made me laugh Hope you didn't have to use it!

Score on the First Class Upgrade bargain, wish we could get deals like that over here to upgrade.

Looking forward to more
It wasn't foam- the axe was REAL!!!! And may I say it definitely came in handy, keeping Kara in line....

We were REALLY excited to see that 1st class upgrade on this flight- I was able to upgrade last year when I was by myself, but I did it when I booked the flight, that one cost me $50 + 15,000 points. This was MUCH better! I'm saving my miles for a trip to Hawaii in 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
Great start! I want a girls only/kid-less trip...waaaahhh....
EVERYONE needs to plan a trip with girls to Disney- so fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWisOurHappyPlace View Post
Really looking forward to reading about this trip!

I am a DISER.......I had no idea about take out cheese soup & pretzel bread!
I actually only found out about take-out soup & bread a month before we went- here, of course- a really good tip! But I have to say, I don't think I could eat a whole one again- I would split it. That is some very heavy & rich soup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
wow..took me a while to get here. I know I am bad for giving Kara a weapon but I was in Target and nearly peed my pants when I saw the axe. I can only imagine her expression when she opened the box. Now when we go in October I am getting an AP so I will have very little excuse not to join you next year unless you go on the church carnival weekend.
Love the axe! She was so excited to show it off when we arrived at the room!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
I'm here! I'm here!!

Woo Hooo! Love it already! Every good day at Disney begins with food and alcohol!
So glad you're here! I thought of you on the plane when they showed that movie- did you ever get to see it? We loved it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
This definitely should be a lot of fun! Would love to stay at BCV someday (have stayed at BWV and absolutely love the Epcot area). I need some friends so I can take an all girls/no kids trip too!
We booked this after the 7 month mark- so getting in BCV at this time of year is totally doable. We originally had a studio booked at 11 mos, but then switched to the 2 bdrm when we knew we wouldn't all fit. It was my 1st BCV stay (although I've stayed many time at BC) and 1st 2 bdrm at WDW (I've had a 2 bdrm at HHI before)- all of it was AWESOME!!
Old 05-13-2010, 08:29 AM   #24
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroovyLZ View Post
Your name is Lonnie. Remember to look at the piece of paper in your pocket, sweetheart...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin Life View Post
They call me 'Stacey'
They call me 'her'
They call me 'Jane'
That's not my name
That's not my name
That's not my name
That's not my name

Great start, girls! I had the best time, and am looking forward to next year's trip! I'll be part of the AP holder's club. Whoo, hoo!

Since I stink at writing, I'll just enjoy the show! After all, I'm one of the stars!

I didn't realize how much I miss the smiley's!
Good song!! Yea- the smilies add alot when you're writing- I miss them on FB too.

Just jump in whenever you have something to say, Pam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Why helllooooo there!!! It was so great to meet all of you----you creepy Internet people!!! Hahahaha What a great way to start off your trip with Le Cellier and some GGS!! I have a picture of me stalking the GGS guy getting ready to open one morning! Maybe if I had that axe I could have scored earlier

Tracy
Now THERE'S a woman with a good head on her shoulders!! Threaten the GGS peeps with the axe! Faster drinking!! I like it....

Great to meet you, too! Didn't it all go so fast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria View Post
Great start! I love that you can do something like take out at Le cellier and people look at you like you're special! Can't wait for more. Should have waited 2 minutes for moosehead and then gone for the grey goose though.

Ellen we need to have lunch again sooner than later so I get the story soon!
We thought about having the moosehead on the way to the slushie, but they were CLEARLY on a different schedule, because it was already 12:02 and they were NOT OPEN!!! And lunch sounds good- if I can figure out when. The end of year stuff is crazy this year for me at both schools. Especially Tyler & Tim's, I have to go to everything because I'm the new PTA president.

Quote:
subbing and going back to catch up!!
Quote:
Kara's funny? I don't know...I kind of think of her as the quiet, shy type. We all spent the whole week trying to get her to come out of her shell...
Old 05-13-2010, 08:35 AM   #25
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

i'm joining in on this one for sure!

is cammie not on the boards anymore?
Old 05-13-2010, 09:30 AM   #26
podsnel

BCV 2 BDRM Villa

Back at the valet stand, where we were told to go to retrieve our stored luggage, there was a little confusion over where to hand in our ticket- which was eventually graciously handled by a handsome sailor ready to run a marathon in search of it. While we were standing there, we noticed a commotion over on the balcony of one of the villas- some Krazy lunatic, hootin and hollerin' like there was a parade goin' by....some people! They just can't help but make a spectacle of themselves! I pointed to the balcony, and Joan had her first Krazy Kara experience.....

A minute later we were up in the room, so happy to see each other!!!

We were in 301, on the floor with little single balconies, but also at the end of the hall next to some stairs, which was pretty nice. Some villa pics- the master bath-

MBR-

2nd bdrm-

In the entrance-

Look! We're still in NJ!

Nice, new flat screen including remote that DOES NOT WORK!!!!

Sooooo excited to see this waiting for me later-

We threw on our bathing suits and headed down to Stormalong Bay, grabbing drinks at Hurricane Hannahs. I was SO SAD to find that my favorite cabana cocktail was GONE!! No more creamsicle-like Orange dream...now it's a Tangierine Dream, and it's just juice & vodka. Ya know, I had never even HAD this particular libation before September '09 at VB, then again in Nov '09 at AKV Kidani- and although the menu then called it a Tangierine Dream, because the new menu had just come out, technically it was NOT because they were still making Orange Dreams. SO SAD it is no more!!! What is WRONG with that Disney Dining Nazi??? Why does he insist upon taking good stuff away???

Anyway....we sat by the pool, and finally Pam arrived, and we were all so happy to finally meet her (she is the sweetest, sweetest person there could EVER be!), but soon after it was time for Joan & I to head over to the Swalphin and have a little Spa time in the Mandara Spa. Aaaaahhhhhhh......I had never been to this spa, in the past we had always visited SSR's spa- which I like alot for the Mystical Therapies treatment. This time, tho, I thought it would be good to book Mandara because we could walk right over. It is GORGEOUS. And I have to say that my treatment was SPECTACULAR...but you'll have to wait to hear about it, because I have to run to a meeting!

Old 05-13-2010, 09:38 AM   #27
Tinks "SS"
DIS Veteran

WooHoo!! Loved the last trip report although i caught it after the fact since i wasn't on the dis at the time. But glad to get this one!! I need all the tips i can get. Planning my first girls Trip to the world with one of my long time BFF's from elementary school. She hasn't been in a while so we are doing a long weekend. Can't wait to hear more!!!

me (Leigh Anne), DH (Bart), DS 12, DS10
Old 05-13-2010, 10:28 AM   #28
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Your name is Lonnie. Remember to look at the piece of paper in your pocket, sweetheart...

Don't listen to her Lonnie. Just remember how pretty you are..... and then reach for the paper in your pocket.....

Kara's funny? I don't know...I kind of think of her as the quiet, shy type. We all spent the whole week trying to get her to come out of her shell...
Believe it or not I USED to be VERY introverted!!! I swear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
i'm joining in on this one for sure!

is cammie not on the boards anymore?
She had a few issues with "stalkers" so she's not on now. I think she may get on later with a new screen name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks "SS" View Post
WooHoo!! Loved the last trip report although i caught it after the fact since i wasn't on the dis at the time. But glad to get this one!! I need all the tips i can get. Planning my first girls Trip to the world with one of my long time BFF's from elementary school. She hasn't been in a while so we are doing a long weekend. Can't wait to hear more!!!
Girls trips are the BEST!!!!! Last year I had some mom guilt, so it was nice to have our flat kids with us. This year??? None!!! And it was so relaxing!!!

DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 05-13-2010, 10:32 AM   #29
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Back at the valet stand, where we were told to go to retrieve our stored luggage, there was a little confusion over where to hand in our ticket- which was eventually graciously handled by a handsome sailor ready to run a marathon in search of it. Hmmm, and I thought he left after he helped me!!! While we were standing there, we noticed a commotion over on the balcony of one of the villas- some Krazy lunatic, hootin and hollerin' like there was a parade goin' by....some people! They just can't help but make a spectacle of themselves! I pointed to the balcony, and Joan had her first Krazy Kara experience.....

But you love me all the same!!!!

A minute later we were up in the room, so happy to see each other!!!

Hmmm, what could I be stocking in the fridge????

We threw on our bathing suits and headed down to Stormalong Bay, grabbing drinks at Hurricane Hannahs. I was SO SAD to find that my favorite cabana cocktail was GONE!! No more creamsicle-like Orange dream...now it's a Tangierine Dream, and it's just juice & vodka. Ya know, I had never even HAD this particular libation before September '09 at VB, then again in Nov '09 at AKV Kidani- and although the menu then called it a Tangierine Dream, because the new menu had just come out, technically it was NOT because they were still making Orange Dreams. SO SAD it is no more!!! What is WRONG with that Disney Dining Nazi??? Why does he insist upon taking good stuff away???

Anyway....we sat by the pool, and finally Pam arrived, and we were all so happy to finally meet her (she is the sweetest, sweetest person there could EVER be!), but soon after it was time for Joan & I to head over to the Swalphin and have a little Spa time in the Mandara Spa. Aaaaahhhhhhh......I had never been to this spa, in the past we had always visited SSR's spa- which I like alot for the Mystical Therapies treatment. This time, tho, I thought it would be good to book Mandara because we could walk right over. It is GORGEOUS. And I have to say that my treatment was SPECTACULAR...but you'll have to wait to hear about it, because I have to run to a meeting!

Next year I WILL be joining in the spa treatments!!!! - Stupid Bank of America mortgage process made me cancel this year. There is nothing worse than going through a mortgage right now - they are soooo nitpicky about EVERYTHING!!!! I fell like I'm under a microscope! I mean, I understand why they have to do this, but after 4 mortgages with them, you'd think they would know by now that we are a good risk.

Last edited by karajeboo; 05-13-2010 at 10:47 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:48 AM   #30
alan_renfroe
DIS Veteran

YAY! DISmoms are back!

Woohoo! Another DISmoms trip!

I am ashamed to say that this is my first DISboards post in 5 months! Wha??? Anyway, I just HAD to make my way back to the boards for this trip report. You see, I had the great pleasure, (and I do mean pleasure,) of meeting four of these six DISmoms on their trip last year. LOVE THEM!! I'm excited to be subbing and along for the ride.

No pressure or anything, but this is what I expect from this trip report:

- Ellen - the great narrator, OUTSTANDING photographer, and lover of all things Disney. You've set the bar too high for yourself with past reports and we expect nothing less on this one!! Also, one of the nicest and coolest people evah...

- Cammie - probably my first DIS buddy and a passionate WDW lover as am I. Avid Jonas Brothers fan (although she will tell you her DAUGHTERS are the big fans...but we know the truth!) I suspect we'll see lots of good food porn pics and drink pics! Also, one of the nicest and coolest people evah...

- Kara - keeps me laughing always and I totally get her since of humor! Kara is the self-proclaimed "queen of the upgrades." You go girl! Also, one of the nicest and coolest people evah...

- Lonnie - uh...you're name is still Lonnie right? (just kidding! I loved the reference to the song! Just goes to show how cool you moms really are! I wonder if by "Stacy" the song is referring to the character once portrayed by Fergie?) Also, one of the nicest and coolest people evah....

I don't possess the 'mom-parts' myself....otherwise I'd be right there with them. Perhaps someday I can pursuade them to "adopt-a-dad?"

Anyway, can't wait to read the report!

Renfroe family returns to WDW for first time in 5 years! May 30-June 5, 2014

Past trip reports:
Team Renfroe's 2nd Trip Report, May 15-22, 2009 - 1500 pictures, dining reviews and DISmeets! - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2187084
Pre-Trip Report for May, 2009 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1884986
First trip report with TONS of pics - May, 2008 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1841491

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: