Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2010, 12:41 PM   #16
TheTXTaylors5
He's the Mickey to my Minnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierranevada View Post
Great review! Napa Rose is one of my favorite restaurants and I am super happy that I will be taking my DH and some friends there for their first time in June!

Note to self - must order something other than the scallops which I have had the last three times!
That's funny because I love scallops and almost ordered the scallops. But, I wanted to try something different for a change. Boy am I glad I did! However when we go back, I WILL have to try the scallops now.

Jennifer
2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR Trip Report ,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH (DLR) Trip Report, POR Trip Report , SSR Trip Report, BWV Trip Report , POFQ ~ DAP; 2010:BWV(2xs), ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) Trip Report ~ Napa Rose Review, AKV ~ DCL(Wonder) Trip Report; 2011:BCV(2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ F&W, MNSSHP, MVMCP, 1st 5K Race! ~ DCL(Dream);2012: AKV, BWV, BLT ~ F&W, MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy) ~ CC5K;2013: 04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ EEC & F&G, 10/Pop ~ F&W, 12/DLH (DLR), 12/PPH (DLR); 2014: 06/DCL ~ Wonder (Alaska), 11/DLR ~ Avengers 1/2 Marathon Weekend (1st 1/2 Marathon!), 11/AKV ~ Annual Thanksgiving Trip; 2015: 01/DLR ~ Star Wars 1/2 Marathon Weekend (5K & 1/2 Marathon), 04/POR (Spring Break), 11/BCV ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon, 12/AKV & DCL (Magic) ~ Christmas Trip; 2016: 07/DCL (Magic ~ Med) & Disneyland Paris (20th Anniversary Trip)

TheTXTaylors5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:51 PM   #17
the donut
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
We've never tried Napa Rose as we typically don't bring any dress clothes on our DL trips and have young kids with us. All these great reports are making me want to try it out in January.
We've brought our 3 year old there a couple of times and had a great meal. But she's a super slow eater and has adventurous food tastes. Works out great at Napa Rose!
the donut is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2010, 12:59 PM   #18
TheTXTaylors5

I'm glad y'all like the review.

I'm not on the Disneyland boards that much. But, I wanted to post this raving review because I know some people are on the fence to give this restaurant a first try. Whether it is because of the price, time or menu. However once you try it, you know it's good and will be back. We'll definitely be back!!!!!

Our next DLR trip will be with the kiddos. So, we plan to put them in Pinocchio's Workshop and have an adult dinner at the Napa Rose. This is two years away and I am already drooling!!!

If you've watched Samantha Brown's travel show on her "Disney Favorites", you will see Chef Sutton. Samantha Brown's favorite Disney restaurant is none other than ... Napa Rose

Jennifer
2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR Trip Report ,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH (DLR) Trip Report, POR Trip Report , SSR Trip Report, BWV Trip Report , POFQ ~ DAP; 2010:BWV(2xs), ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) Trip Report ~ Napa Rose Review, AKV ~ DCL(Wonder) Trip Report; 2011:BCV(2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ F&W, MNSSHP, MVMCP, 1st 5K Race! ~ DCL(Dream);2012: AKV, BWV, BLT ~ F&W, MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy) ~ CC5K;2013: 04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ EEC & F&G, 10/Pop ~ F&W, 12/DLH (DLR), 12/PPH (DLR); 2014: 06/DCL ~ Wonder (Alaska), 11/DLR ~ Avengers 1/2 Marathon Weekend (1st 1/2 Marathon!), 11/AKV ~ Annual Thanksgiving Trip; 2015: 01/DLR ~ Star Wars 1/2 Marathon Weekend (5K & 1/2 Marathon), 04/POR (Spring Break), 11/BCV ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon, 12/AKV & DCL (Magic) ~ Christmas Trip; 2016: 07/DCL (Magic ~ Med) & Disneyland Paris (20th Anniversary Trip)

Old 05-12-2010, 01:09 PM   #19
sierranevada
DISDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTXTaylors5 View Post
That's funny because I love scallops and almost ordered the scallops. But, I wanted to try something different for a change. Boy am I glad I did! However when we go back, I WILL have to try the scallops now.

Jennifer
Every time, I have asked them to make the scallop appetizer into a main entree and they did it no problem! It is really good and I highly recommend it!

sierranevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:05 PM   #20
CrazyDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTXTaylors5 View Post
When exiting, I noticed some wine bottles on display with Pixar characters on them. I thought they were cute. So, I took a picture. Little did I know, I would learn more about these tomorrow.

The Pixar wine bottles.
Can you elaborate more? What did you find out about the bottles? Are they for sale? I see Lasseter's signature on the bottle. Is it from his winery with a pixar picture?
CrazyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:09 AM   #21
TheTXTaylors5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDuck View Post
Can you elaborate more? What did you find out about the bottles? Are they for sale? I see Lasseter's signature on the bottle. Is it from his winery with a pixar picture?
Sorry to leave that open-ended. I am working on a Trip Report and put my portion of Napa Rose on here as my food review.

The next day my DH and I were eating lunch at the Taste of California Marketplace (California Food and Wine Festival at DCA). We were sitting at a table relaxing for a bit after our meal, when I hear the announcer at the wine seminar next door introduce a familiar name ... Mr. John Lasseter and his wife Nancy. I hopped out of my seat and had to see with my own two eyes if it was really him. I had two people on my “Disney Dream Wish” of people to meet. The first was Marty Sklar. My DH and I got to meet him at DISapalooza this past December. He was the nicest man. The other man was John Lasseter. We just love the Disney/Pixar movies. The man is a genius! Come to find out, The Lasseters own vineyards in Sonoma Valley. I never knew there was a Lasseter Family Winery. They make and sell their own label of wine. We weren’t part of the seminar. But, a nice man let me and some others just stand there for a few moments to listen and take some pictures.

John Lasseter at the wine seminar.

Talk about being in the right place at the right time!

Here's a link to the Lasseter Family Winery.

Jennifer

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: