Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 09:50 PM   #1216
Ema10
Earning My Ears

Great tip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cglaura View Post
I take a stack of lids from take-out drinks. If you turn it upside down and insert a popsicle or mickey bar through the straw x-cut, then the lid will catch any drips!
Best idea ever!
Ema10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:13 PM   #1217
Dragontears
Mouseketeer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintGonaGrowUp View Post
A roll of duct tape is useful but takes up a lot of room. If you are packing a mini m&m tube for pennies or meds or I a bottle of hand sanitizer, (you get the idea) wrap a few layers around the tube and throw it in your bag! No bulk or the cardboard core and there is a thousand uses for duct tape!
If you do not have something to wrap duck tape around easily, you can get travel size rolls at minimus.biz I keep one in each car too. Here is the link.

http://www.minimus.biz/Mini-Roll-Duc...1601-8200.aspx

I have gotten a lot of good ideas on their site. The Splinter Out lances in the First Aid & Pharmacy section (under Pharmacy) are a must have. They even got out a tiny sliver of glass I got in my foot from a broken drinking glass.

The single dose packets of OTC meds are handy too.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. what a ride!'

Dragontears is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2013, 06:42 AM   #1218
cceandme
Mouseketeer

i take an infalatable foot bath and lavender scented epsom salts. Maes my feet feel sooooo much better to soak them each night

Me(Rhonda)38, Randy39 ,Chelsea 20, Cody 19 , Ethan 13 ,
Also at home a dog, a cat, a Macaw, a Ball python, a Leopard Gecko and a goldfish
cceandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:15 PM   #1219
mavbrimuss
Mouseketeer

Subbing
mavbrimuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:25 PM   #1220
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran

Upthread, someone mentioned a plastic bag to put all of the travel books in.

I buy electronic versions of travel guides and put them on my Kindle. And for brochures, I download them off the Internet, and transfer them to my Kindle. No clutter.

However, you still need the brochure if there is a coupon attached to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
What? 2019 or 2020? Say it ain't so!

You must "sneak in a day" next year. That's an order!
LadyBeBop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:57 PM   #1221
JerseyGirl26
Earning My Ears

Our Brita water bottles worked GREAT! Also hydrocolloid bandages for blisters- found small 8ct packs at Walgreens!
JerseyGirl26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:16 PM   #1222
Christy13
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone for the tips. We have 17 days to go so excited and worried about the long drive there LOL
Christy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:27 PM   #1223
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBeBop View Post
Upthread, someone mentioned a plastic bag to put all of the travel books in.

I buy electronic versions of travel guides and put them on my Kindle. And for brochures, I download them off the Internet, and transfer them to my Kindle. No clutter.

However, you still need the brochure if there is a coupon attached to it.
I love my Kindle and bring it everywhere. I love having lots of books in one place. But I never thought to put brochures on it before. I'll have to keep that in mind.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:37 PM   #1224
BlueStarryHat

Just picture everyone sitting at the computer in their underwear

If you wear glasses all the time, be sure to bring an extra pair, a pair of old ones will do they don't have to be current. This is so you can go on rides like Space Mountain wearing the old ones, and take the chance of losing *them* instead of your current ones. I use the hard case they give most times at the eye doctor to store my current glasses in my bag and wear the old ones on "shaky" rides.

I had fun reading this thread!
Old 05-02-2013, 07:21 PM   #1225
tcat160
What do you want me to do? Dress in drag and do the hoola?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStarryHat
If you wear glasses all the time, be sure to bring an extra pair, a pair of old ones will do they don't have to be current. This is so you can go on rides like Space Mountain wearing the old ones, and take the chance of losing *them* instead of your current ones. I use the hard case they give most times at the eye doctor to store my current glasses in my bag and wear the old ones on "shaky" rides.

Never even thought of this! My DH loses glasses alot lol. This is perfect thank you!!
tcat160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:20 PM   #1226
heathere3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStarryHat View Post

And if you forget, WDW sells sports straps for glasses. DH has two now, and they're both packed for this trip!
heathere3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:24 PM   #1227
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStarryHat View Post

That's a good idea! DH sometimes wears glasses and sometimes contacts. He's never lost glasses, but sometimes they get splashed or sprinkled on and then he has to stop and clean them.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:18 AM   #1228
emlibs1mom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerbelly View Post
Really great tips here! Although with all the repeats it could have been condensed quite a bit......people must post without reading!

I have a couple ideas that I'm pretty positive haven't been mentioned....

I plan to organize all my pills (ibu, beano, vitamins, tums, pepto pills, arnica etc..) in one of those jumbo daily pill organizers. Maybe label them on the bottom. Should cut down on all the containers rolling around in my toiletry bag!

I found a clear plastic backpack today at job lots for $2! Which excited me because I thought that maybe it would be easier to get through the bag check, and also deter people from grabbing my bag if they see that there is only a change of clothing in there.....not to mention the fact that it is water resistant (and I can put the bag that I will be carrying in it if it rains)

This has been mentioned but having an extra pair of undies saved my day at the park last time we went. Late August.... changed mid day and tossed the old ones away and also changed from shorts to a skirt. I couldn't believe how much better I felt. I don't think I will ever do shorts in the park again. Skirts are so much more comfortable for me!
Re: pills. We take several vitamins a day between us. Instead if taking each bottle I went to the craft section at Walmart and got a small bead organizer for a dollar. Each section holds more than enough for the 10 days we'll be gone.
emlibs1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:17 AM   #1229
Nettlelondon
Earning My Ears

Following on from the glasses thing

If you are a contact lens wearer, pop a spare pair or two in your park bag - especially if you wear daily disposables. My DH lost a lens on a ride and spent the rest of the time effectively blind (he is very short sighted). Fortunately it was nearly the end of the day but it could have been a nightmare.

Also, if you aren't used to the heat / humidity they can become uncomfortable. Putting a new pair of lenses in half way through the day can a quick freshen up.
Nettlelondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:13 PM   #1230
Disney2013Girl
Mouseketeer

Making my way through this post with my excel spreadsheet open and amazon open in another tab. Only on page 36......

:sings: "must keep reading, must keep reading, must keep reading!"

Well, this could be interesting (An October 2013 PTR)

DS: 11/2010
Married to my Leading Man since 10/2006
Belated DL Honeymoon 5/2008
First Family trip to WDW 10/2013
Disney2013Girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: