Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #1066
Stinkerbell's Mommy
Mouseketeer

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, I'm only on page 31, but I pack my DD5's clothes in gallon ziploc bags. I put complete outfits including clean underpants and socks into each bag. When she was a baby I could tell whoever was helping get her ready to grab a bag and get her dressed. Now that she's older I can tell her to grab a bag and get herself dressed. Once the clothes have been worn we have extra ziploc bags available for all the things ziplocs come in handy for.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:27 PM   #1067
DaniMoon
Mouseketeer

There is a laundry product called S2O, they are a 3-in-1 laundry sheet (detergent, fabric softener, stain remover). I've been using them for 2 years -- I got them on HSN and do autoship. I've been very happy with them and with a teen and two little ones my laundry is clean. I will packing a ziploc baggie with them for Disney in the fall. (They come in a 100 count tub).
DaniMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 09:30 PM   #1068
IowaTater
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneytwinsmom View Post
Great minds think alike! Also, did you know that they have great paper and scrapbooks? I read a tip on here to bring a plastic box that holds the 12 x 12 paper so that it doesn't get bent on the fight home!

I saw that tip! I'll have to remember it because I plan on hitting up the store in DTD that sells all of that. DH has been fairly warned

Pasta & Potatoes Conquer Orlando - October 2-10, 2013

First trip: 1995 - stayed off property
2nd trip (3rd anniversary): October 2-10, 2013 - ASMu

No countdown
IowaTater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:32 PM   #1069
Calirya
Cali meets her 'Rella for the 1st time Nov 13!

Subscribing!
After a frustrating overwhelming day for my 3 yr old DD, we're in the bathroom right after Wishes, listening to the announcement of "your wishes come true" and DD says "Momma, my wish came true!" "Really? What was your wish?" "To meet Cinderella!"
Calirya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:02 AM   #1070
cyros
Mouseketeer

I carry a little Leatherman Micro in my pocket as well. It has great scissors and I use it mostly to remove tags and have in case I need to cut moleskin in the park.
cyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:57 AM   #1071
Stinkerbell's Mommy
Mouseketeer

Another thing we do when we travel is shop directly on a drugstore website for our toiletries and have them shipped ahead. Most of them have free shipping with a certain $ purchase. We started doing this when our daughter was in diapers and we didn't want to travel with a huge amount of diapers and wipes with us. We shipped those ahead along with shampoo, conditioner, body wash, various OTC meds we'd be using, sunscreen, moisturizers, etc etc. We didn't need to worry about packing it in our suitcases and the box was generally waiting in our room when we got there. Most of the stuff we would just toss at the end of the trip.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:06 AM   #1072
Calirya

Quote:
Originally Posted by msande View Post
3. A plastic 12"x12" scrapbookers storage case to bring home ride photos, maps, menus and other items I don't want bent.
great idea!
After a frustrating overwhelming day for my 3 yr old DD, we're in the bathroom right after Wishes, listening to the announcement of "your wishes come true" and DD says "Momma, my wish came true!" "Really? What was your wish?" "To meet Cinderella!"
Old 02-05-2013, 10:10 AM   #1073
Calirya

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Flynn Rider View Post
So, I have a couple weird things that I bring... I'm a packing and gear nerd:

I love my Sitka over-the-shoulder sling bag from Maxpedition. It is designed so that when you go to sit down, or access the bag for that matter, that it slides to your front and sits across your abdomen-perfect for riding rides and great for getting at stuff without taking the bag off!

I have a MSR Paktowel Original in my bag. These things are amazing. They hold almost 10x their weight in water. Wring it out, and it's almost completely dry again. Great for wiping down wet seats, drying off somewhat from rides or spray... Lots of uses...

I bring a surgical tube clothesline that I got from Amazon (It's braided with three tubes, so no need for clothespins). It has loops on either end. You can attach carabiners to them or loop them around shower heads. It's only 7 ft long, but great for what it does, and it stretches a bit longer.

I put luggage tags on all my bags, especially the one I bring into the park. Disney customer service is awesome, and they will return something if they can figure out who it belongs to!
Great ideas and I'm going to check out that bag and towel!
Old 02-05-2013, 10:26 AM   #1074
msande
Earning My Ears

Leatherman tool

A leatherman is a combination tool that has multi-head screw drivers, pliers, scissors, knife, and many more. I've used it several times over 20 years.
msande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #1075
Calirya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinderelly View Post
Packing cubes! We used these last year for the first time. OUr suitcases held alot more and we bought one color for each person. Just take the cubes out of your suitcase and you are all unpacked! I'm a cubie addict!
packing cubes? where do you find these? can you describe exactly what it is?
Old 02-05-2013, 02:09 PM   #1076
AudreyKThompson
Disney Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calirya View Post
packing cubes? where do you find these? can you describe exactly what it is?
Anyplace like Linens N' Things, Target, Bed, Bath & Beyond etc will have them. They are akin to space bags that have a one way valve ( no need for a vacuum) and are shaped like a cube. I have found them very useful too! Added bonus- costume glitter is contained :D
AudreyKThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:49 PM   #1077
msyjoa
MJ

The great thing about this thread is that the tips from 2010 still apply! I am subscribing to this, just to have it bookmarked for when it is time to pack.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:54 PM   #1078
DznyPrnces
Mouseketeer

If anyone is looking for the Purex all in one laundry sheets, I saw them in the travel section at K-Mart this past weekend. I saw them and immediately thought of this thread with all the mentions of them.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:07 PM   #1079
khakismum
Not all who wander are lost....Hey, where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyPrnces View Post
If anyone is looking for the Purex all in one laundry sheets, I saw them in the travel section at K-Mart this past weekend. I saw them and immediately thought of this thread with all the mentions of them.
I found some at CVS too. DD uses them at college and she ran out and couldn't find more. She put me on the mission and I just happened to see them CVS, so i got her a box and I need to get me another one for travel. Best thing ever for travel laundry!
Diane in Suwanee, GA |March 2013 Flower and Garden Show & Anniversary Trip Saratoga Spring Resort | Dec 2012 MVMCP AKV Kidani Village | Oct 2012 MNSSHP & Food & Wine Festival Saratoga Springs | April 2012 - Flower & Garden Show Wilderness Lodge |Dec 2011 - MVMCP Bay Lake Tower | Oct 2011 MNSSHP & Food & Wine Festival Kidani Village | April 2011 Flower and Garden Show Kidani Village |Dec 2010 - MVMCP Saratoga Springs | Oct 2010 MNSSHP & Food & Wine Festival | May 2010 20th Anniv. Celebration- Flower and Garden Show/WDW | Oct 2009 MNSSHP/Food & Wine Festival | Oct 2008 MNSSHP/Food & Wine Festival | May 2008 Mother's Day WDW/Flower and Garden Show | Oct 2007- MNSSHP/Food & Wine Festival |Dec 2006 - WDW/MVMCP | Dec 2005 - WDW/MVMCP/Western Caribbean DCL (Pirate Parrots of the Caribbean) | July 2004 - Eastern Caribbean DCL (Reality Break) | Nov 2003 - Food and Wine/MNSSHP
khakismum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:03 AM   #1080
Disneytwinsmom
DIS Veteran

As the owner of a Travel Agency who specializes in Disney, I am compiling all of these GREAT tips and idea and making a list that I can put in with my clients documents as a "Suggested Packing List" and a "Suggested Take To the Parks" list.

Thanks so much!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: