Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2012, 08:10 PM   #931
sixkristy6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stindall View Post
Do these work better than the Tide Sticks? I've found the Tide Sticks bleach or yellow the stain thus making it worse!

Not from the UK but I do bring a few bags of Twinings or PG Tips with me on most vacations! I don't like coffee much.
I am bringing a small bottle of Dawn dish soap for washing out the mugs and for stains. At home, whenever something has a stain, I put (blue) Dawn on it, rub it in, let it sit for at least 24 hours, then wash. If I am not at home, I just put it on when I get home and then wash later. I've let it sit for a few days before washing and it's always fine. It does not work for stains that have already been washed and are still set in the fabric.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:12 PM   #932
sixkristy6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
great idea! I'll have to invest in some wonderful LUSH bath bombs!
I looked at the link, and maybe I missed it, but how many of these come in a package?
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2012, 08:14 PM   #933
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixkristy6 View Post
I looked at the link, and maybe I missed it, but how many of these come in a package?
Just one unfortunately. They're pricey (which is why I only buy them on special occasions) but really great, you may be able to find a store near you (they have locations in other countries as well)

Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop,Dec. 2009 surprise for dad (aka worst trip ever) @ Pop, Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop, Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop! Read our PTR HERE
stindall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #934
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcubfan View Post
Read this tip years ago and have shared it whenever possible...

We always take inflatable bath pillows that I picked up at Dollar Tree (I think they are shaped like a sea shell). They're terry cloth on one side and vinyl on the other; not very big when you blow them up, but they are a real rear-saver when you're sitting on the pavement waiting on a parade. After the parade, let the air out and they're totally flat so they take up no space in your bag. I guess you could use them other ways, but that's what we take them for. People around us always comment on them!
I just wanted to say that we had a few of these (from a dollar store, same kind I think) and they are SO HARD to blow up! It took me, literally 45 minutes to blow one up! Just a warning!

Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop,Dec. 2009 surprise for dad (aka worst trip ever) @ Pop, Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop, Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop! Read our PTR HERE
stindall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:27 PM   #935
sixkristy6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just one unfortunately. They're pricey (which is why I only buy them on special occasions) but really great, you may be able to find a store near you (they have locations in other countries as well)
That's what I figured. I need to get some lotion to rub on my feet after a long day. I think I would prefer soaking them though. I am sure there is something less expensive around. I'll check B&BW.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:37 AM   #936
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StPaulieGirlLuvsDis View Post
For all the pressed penny collectors out there, I saw someone mentioned using Mentos containers to store your quarters.

We buy Mini M&M containers and then stack our quarters and pennies in them. Most pressed pennies cost 2 quarters and 1 penny so we stack the coins in our containers this way... 2 quarters and 1 penny, then 2 more quarters and 1 penny, etc...

It saves some time fumbling around in your purse for the change to press your penny!
The mentos container is for the pennies after they are squished. I stack my pennies and quarters in the tubes that airborne or glucose tablets come in.

LisaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:06 PM   #937
niffer5150
Mouseketeer

i bought extra cell phone batteries online. using park apps for info is awesome but can drain your battery. you add in fiddeling with your phone while in line and it's dead by 2. it's not a concern if you can just pop in a fully charged one. you just have remember to charge both when you get back to your room.

and i have to add that the phone number tattoos for kids is not always perfect. i was with someone who put these on thier kids.. but kids are kids and they picked at the tattoos apart and sure enough, one of the kids got lost. we looked for 20 minutes till a nice man brought him back because he had found the kiddo crying by jungle cruise when we lost him coming out of pirates (in DL). you couldn't even read the number. now they have braclets or dog tags on thier shoes.
personally, i preffered to take a pic of my kid with my phone, my husbands phone, AND the camera the moment we walk into the park. that way, when i'm a mess and freaked out that my kid is missing i will be able to show people excatly what she was wearing and looked like.
niffer5150 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:08 PM   #938
stitchncousins
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink15823 View Post
We pack a flat head and Phillips screw driver. When we took out 1st trip we could not open a toy truck for youngest ds . We ended up calling front desk and had to wait for mat dept. . So now I have them every trip and we have needed them again.
My DH found some smaller size flat head and phillip screw driver at Sear's he has on his key ring. They have come in handy many times!
Old 09-20-2012, 06:04 PM   #939
lisajl
This is our dog Chloe!
I am not sure I want drool all over the keyboard!
A very merry unbirthday to us all!!!

Quote:
So smart! We actually reuse hotel shampoo bottles for dish soap when we go camping so that'd be a good alternative to this.

Our luggage set came with packing cubes but I've been thinking about buying more. I may do that before the next trip!

Also I take the Sally Hansen "no more bumps" spray for chafing. It smells like vanilla and works really well! It also "locks" so you don't accidentally spray it in your bag.

This was sort of mentioned but The Container Store sells little suction toothbrush holders and we love them! Not a big fan of toothbrush cups that get all gross in the bottom and then eventually get stained and gotta be tossed.

I don't know why so many people suggest moleskin but it's never worked for us. We bring bandaid sport stick bandaids and they work much better!
Oh my gosh! Love that photo of your dogs!!
Old 09-21-2012, 08:35 AM   #940
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by niffer5150 View Post
personally, i preffered to take a pic of my kid with my phone, my husbands phone, AND the camera the moment we walk into the park. that way, when i'm a mess and freaked out that my kid is missing i will be able to show people excatly what she was wearing and looked like.

That is a fantastic idea! I'm going to start doing this when I take my grandson places.
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:22 PM   #941
khakismum
Not all who wander are lost....Hey, where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntava View Post
I don't know if anyone has mentioned...but I freeze a couple bottle waters in the hotels minifridge/freezer. Put in backpack...they slowly melt, and you can hold them on your pulse points for intant heat relief. As they melt, you have cold water to drink.
Ditto this, but I wrap the bottles each in a hand towel so the bottle doesn't sweat in the bag and get everything wet. The bonus is the water the towels absorb is pretty cool and great for wiping hot faces and it insulates the bottles to help keep them cool.
Diane in Suwanee, GA |March 2013 Flower and Garden Show & Anniversary Trip Saratoga Spring Resort | Dec 2012 MVMCP AKV Kidani Village | Oct 2012 MNSSHP & Food & Wine Festival Saratoga Springs | April 2012 - Flower & Garden Show Wilderness Lodge |Dec 2011 - MVMCP Bay Lake Tower | Oct 2011 MNSSHP & Food & Wine Festival Kidani Village | April 2011 Flower and Garden Show Kidani Village |Dec 2010 - MVMCP Saratoga Springs | Oct 2010 MNSSHP & Food & Wine Festival | May 2010 20th Anniv. Celebration- Flower and Garden Show/WDW | Oct 2009 MNSSHP/Food & Wine Festival | Oct 2008 MNSSHP/Food & Wine Festival | May 2008 Mother's Day WDW/Flower and Garden Show | Oct 2007- MNSSHP/Food & Wine Festival |Dec 2006 - WDW/MVMCP | Dec 2005 - WDW/MVMCP/Western Caribbean DCL (Pirate Parrots of the Caribbean) | July 2004 - Eastern Caribbean DCL (Reality Break) | Nov 2003 - Food and Wine/MNSSHP
khakismum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:12 PM   #942
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmm2
1. foldable step stool for my daughter to wash her hands-It was nice not having to lft her up in the room after lifting her in the parks all day.

2. Take a picture of your photo pass card. We lost ours on our 1st day and did not have the number to register it. We did have the pictures taken on our camera also but would have liked to have seen the ones that they took.
I filled out the form for lost photopass cards and if it was found and turned in, I might have a chance of them being found.
I lost one. I went to the photo place in MK. They asked me a time and place of one, I told them, they found us.

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
1stvisit0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:03 PM   #943
Leannea
Mouseketeer

Great ideas!!
Old 09-24-2012, 01:34 PM   #944
epholdsteady
Earning My Ears

holy crap

FIRST - this (for the most part is a great thread) tons of great info that I've added to my 22 pages of Disney trip notes.

Though I took a lot of these down I think the best tip I got out of this was to keep a Disney box!! I've been collecting things but keeping them separated (travel potty seat with kid stuff, travel ready toiletries with the regular toiletries, etc etc). What a good idea to keep a box aside to fill with all these lovely little Disney things. Than if you're flying you can mail it, or dump it in your suitcase. If driving - its ready to go! LOVE it.

Its been a long few days reading all of this but I dont remember seeing:
- Swimmies aka water wings. Toddlers + pool = swimmies always for us. Plus they are totally flat and easy to pack.
- Crock pot. We're driving, staying off site and have a full kitchen. We're also on a budget so we're cooking a lot of our own meals. I love that we can throw in everything in the morning and come back to a yummy home cooked meal! Also makes it way easier to cook for a large group.
- slippers. small ballet like slippers. i hate walking barefoot on a strange floor.

There were a dozen times or so reading this that I just wanted to
If you're going to lecture and judge people - do it where the rest of us don't have to be annoyed by it. If you're going to hand out information - be sure that its at least the right information. (FYI: Wikipedia is hardly a credible source.)

If you want to know about bedbugs - INCLUDING A LIST OF CHEMICALS APPROVED BY THE EPA THAT CAN KILL THEM you can find it on the epa website http://www.epa.gov/bedbugs/. Do i recommend covering your hotel room with pesticide? no. But i do recommend being informed and using that information to keep your family safe and healthy.

Cant there be a rule that if a public post(er) makes people feel like instead of it should be removed from the thread? sheesh

now, please, back to the
Old 09-24-2012, 02:00 PM   #945
Swirly girls
Mouseketeer

Packing things

I'm totally trying the all in one Purex sheets.
I love the plastic lid tip and will be bringing some along.
I read to buy small boxes of laundry detergent from local laundromat -- I never thought if it, but I'm going to buy a couple boxes just in case the Purex sheets don't work so well.
Ziplock bags are a must! So many different uses and needs for them.
A mama hook for bags ect
Because we have an early morning flight when we fly to Florida ( 6:30am we will be taking a shuttle to the airport from our hotel at about 4am) I know the kids will be tired and hungry so, I'm packing along dry cereal,granola with fruit,and nutrition bars and water.
It's early, but I know we will all be do darn excited the night before that we will be more than ready to get going to the airport. In fact, we are leaving home the day before we fly out. Because we all know we won't be able to just be sitting around home. So, we are going to do the 2 hour drive the day before. We will check into our hotel, maybe do a little shopping/ browsing , get a bite to eat, maybe a quick swim or relax in the hot tub with a margarita ( oh you know, just enough to make you fall asleep, but not enough that you over sleep!
Coupons! For that Walmart trip close to timeshare to pick up some snacks and beverages and anything else that is just easier to buy once there than to fly with!
Swirly girls is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: