Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2012, 11:53 PM   #901
chiefs614
Badmamajama

i read up to page 26 and didnt see:

At the dollar store they have blow up bath pillows in various shapes, they are folded in a vary small package, i use these for the family to sit on while waiting for parades, i throw them in a ziplock bag with panchos, and a table cloth (stroller Pancho) and a small blanket and throw it in the bottom of our stroller. The bath pillows are good when my daughter falls asleep too
chiefs614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:37 AM   #902
DVC Kelly
Mouseketeer

DISboards Approved Advertiser

I always pack a pair of fleece socks to wear in the room at night (to sooth my feet after walking all day).
Better Business Bureau Accredited: ..BBB

DVC Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2012, 08:41 AM   #903
macleod1979
Mouseketeer

Fleece socks.....genius!
Old 07-21-2012, 09:32 AM   #904
CopperWife
Mouseketeer

Okay, I read through 61 pages and I don't think I saw this tip -

The first time we took our girls to Disney, the our DD was 4 years old and was very attached to 'Dreyfus', her lovey (a well-worn stuffed sheepdog). I was very concerned about him getting left behind in the parks, so I went to a pet store and bought a dog collar and one of those dog tags you can have engraved - ours said "I am loved! If found, please call xxx-xxx-xxxx"

Thankfully, we never lost Dreyfus, but it gave me peace of mind that if we did, he might get back to us.

me DH DD10 DD7

No ticker for now
CopperWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:14 PM   #905
krn82259
Mouseketeer

I see lots of suggestions to use body glide, but I use a much cheaper alternative. I am new to running and chafe terribly under my bra. I use stick deoderant instaed of the glide. So much cheaper and does the trick. I also use it when it's just hot and I am sweating way too much.
krn82259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:11 PM   #906
StPaulieGirlLuvsDis
Disney Dreaming!

For all the pressed penny collectors out there, I saw someone mentioned using Mentos containers to store your quarters.

We buy Mini M&M containers and then stack our quarters and pennies in them. Most pressed pennies cost 2 quarters and 1 penny so we stack the coins in our containers this way... 2 quarters and 1 penny, then 2 more quarters and 1 penny, etc...

It saves some time fumbling around in your purse for the change to press your penny!
February 2010 - All Star Sports
August 2008 - Pop Century
August 2007 - Saratoga Springs
April 2006 - offsite
2002 or 2003 - Grosvenor Resort
1982 - Golf Resort

Last edited by StPaulieGirlLuvsDis; 07-21-2012 at 01:40 PM.
StPaulieGirlLuvsDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:13 PM   #907
nansmama
DIS Veteran

I'm sure someone has mentioned this, but I always pack scissors in the bag that's getting checked. They have come in handy on multiple occasions.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:15 PM   #908
tink15823
DIS Veteran

We pack a flat head and Phillips screw driver. When we took out 1st trip we could not open a toy truck for youngest ds . We ended up calling front desk and had to wait for mat dept. . So now I have them every trip and we have needed them again.

ASMU 1996 ASMO 2005 2008 2010 Art of Animation 2012
tink15823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:26 AM   #909
Junebugwv
DIS Veteran

I have some upright fold-up cubes in a variety of sizes and pack one for each person. I keep them by the door and everyone puts their daily park belongings in it: sunglasses, hat, fanny pack, wallet, etc. Keeps things organized in the room and handy for grabbing on the way out the door.
Junebugwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:33 AM   #910
happymommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebugwv View Post
I have some upright fold-up cubes in a variety of sizes and pack one for each person. I keep them by the door and everyone puts their daily park belongings in it: sunglasses, hat, fanny pack, wallet, etc. Keeps things organized in the room and handy for grabbing on the way out the door.
That is a smart idea! I may see about getting some of these. Anything to keep organized!

Previous WDW vacations include:
CR as a child with parents 1992 offsite twice 1993 Honeymoon GF 1995 BC 1996 SOG 2000 GF 2001 BWV 2003 (spring break) CR 2003 (summer) AKL 2003 (Christmas break including NYE) AKL concierge 2005 summer BWV 2006 April Swan 2006 August Dolphin 2007 March AKL 2007 August Dolphin 2008 March 7 Night Western on the Magic
2008 August (The Dark Side) PBH 2008 Dec BWI 2009 March Swan 2010 March Offsite (Grande Vista) 2010 December BWV plus 2 nights Marriott's Harbour Lake and 3 bonus nights snowed in at the Aiport Renaissance 2011 March Offsite (Marriott's Harbour Lake) 2012 August Offsite (Marriott's Grande Vista and Sabal Palms) March 2014 BWV
happymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:25 AM   #911
KMcCP
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by delaneyc52 View Post

Pool noodles because yes I am too cheap to pay double the price at the resorts that sell them.

Another use for these - tuck them under your fitted bed sheet and you have an instant toddler bed rail.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:00 PM   #912
knottmel1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEANUT1 View Post
In January my husband put battery powered LED mini christmas lights on our stroller..it made it really easy to find and everyone loved it

LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea! That is so wonderful! We are going at Thanksgiving and it will fit right in!
knottmel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:06 PM   #913
chicharitta
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Sherry Wine View Post
The items that I bring with me are not your normal travel items - I bring my own souvenirs! You can buy Disney items almost everywhere. I try to get all of our pre-vacation items on clearance. It's not that I'm cheap - I don't mind spending a small a fortune on those special souvenirs at the parks that have a purpose (watches, Christmas ornaments, etc). The real fun about shopping ahead of time is surprising my family when we get to the resort!

I start shopping once I begin planning our trip, and usually do so over a period of many months. As I mentioned, I do it secretly from my husband and daughter. My goal is to fill my daughter's "Magical Mystery Suitcase"! I always begin by purchasing Disney T-shirts for everyone at the Disney Outlet online, or if I see some at Target or in the Disney store on clearance. I buy them one for each day. It usually ends up costing a lot less than regular t-shirts because I try to shop clearance only. I tuck them aside where no one can find them!

For our trip when my daughter was five and a half, I began shopping early and accumulated a ton of Disney stickers, papers, pencils and scrapbook items. We spent a good half day in the park on our first day. My daughter was a little upset about having to leave the park...that was until told her we had a surprise for her at the room. We opened the Magical Mystery suitcase! She was surprised to see all of the character t-shirts, and her eyes lit up at all of the stickers! She was content to work on her sticker "scrapbook" each day during our down time. We saved all of our maps, receipts, napkins, paper coasters and assorted Disney trinkets each day, which she faithfully added to her scrapbook. There was no crying when we left the park all hot and tired - she was anxious to get to the room so she could add her treasures to her scrapbook.

We returned when she was ten - same deal with the t-shirts. I purchased trading pins on ebay. I got her a bunch of cheapie pins for her to trade with cast members, and I bought "special" pins that I held aside and disbursed throughout the week for specific events. I had planned a parasailing adventure for her at Sammy Duvall's Watersports behind the Contemporary. She didn't know until we checked in at the dock. I had a corresponding Minnie parasailing pin for the event! Same thing with horseback riding at Fort Wilderness - secret event and corresponding pin. I also got her a Port Orleans pin (our resort), a Polynesian pin (we had diner reservations there), well...you get the idea!

We're heading back at the end of August. She's 14 now. I bought the t-shirts already. I have pins for our events (dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table - staying at Wilderness Lodge, etc). I purchased 4 field books about Imagineering at the park (she's starting high school this year and is quite the math nerd), and a Hidden Mickey guide. Tickets go on sale this weekend for an event at the House of Blues during our trip. It's one of my husbands favorite artists. The event is appropriate for all ages so we're going as a family. I will be ordering "concert" shirts for both of them (shhh...don't tell).

The Magical Mystery suitcase has become a tradition. Other items that I have tucked in included personalized autograph books, mickey hair scrunchies, PJs, etc. I notice that we don't spend nearly as much time (or as much money) in the shops since we have all of our "new stuff" already. I enjoy all of the planning that goes into it! It adds something special to an already magical vacation!

LOVE IT. I am doing the same thing for my Niece (she turns 6 during our Jan trip)
chicharitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:56 PM   #914
Dopey420
DIS Veteran

A black light to check for "organic" stains on the bedspread and pillows, because with all the honeymooners at Disney, there are lots of stains

Soarin' is borin'

December 2013- Boardwalk Villas; October 2012- Saratoga Springs; October 2011- Saratoga Springs; December 2009- Saratoga Springs April 2009- Boardwalk Villas; October 2008- Boardwalk Villas; July 2008- Dolphin; December 2007- Animal Kingdom Lodge; April 2007- AllStar Music, Saratoga Springs, Pop Century; Oct 2006- AllStar Sports, BWV, POFQ; July 2005- Vero, Boardwalk Inn; Oct 2004- Contemporary Tower; Feb 2004- Coronado Springs; Dec 2003- Radisson Resort Parkway; Oct 2002- Best Western Lake Cecile; Apr 1994- Delta Resort
Dopey420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:40 PM   #915
lovenerds81112
Forever cute and nerdy.

These are all awesome ideas!!
JUNE 2014:AULANI!!!-JUNE 2013: BAY LAKE-DECEMBER 2012: OLD KEY WEST
EPIC DISNEYMOON AUGUST 2012: BOARDWALK-->DISNEY DREAM-->WILDERNESS LODGEDisneymoon TR
AUGUST 2011: DISNEYLAND PARIS-MARCH 2011: PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER (FIRST STAY ON-PROPERTY!)-JUNE 2006: DISNEYLAND PARIS
JUNE 2002: TOKYO DISNEYLAND-NOVEMBER '89, '90, '91: WDW (OFF PROPERTY)
lovenerds81112 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: