Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2012, 06:28 PM   #841
skriegerjr
Monorail Maven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbunkins
This is sad and we make fun of ourselves all the time (as does the rest of the family) but my mom and I grab those round Mickey stickers whenever we can. We are spillers. We WILL spill on our shirts and sometimes Shout wipes and Tide pens don't do the trick. So we whip out a Mickey sticker and cover the evidence. Sometimes we look silly, but an oddly placed Mickey sticker looks a lot better than a big stain!

And when I'm at home and I spill (which is all the time) DH just looks at me and shouts "Mickey sticker"!
C

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

"Any review by me is based on my own personal experience and isn't necessarily indicative of similar experiences in the future, for myself or for other guests. Please use the review at your own risk, and know that it is worth exactly what you paid for it..."

skriegerjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:35 PM   #842
wareco1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cglaura View Post
I take a stack of lids from take-out drinks. If you turn it upside down and insert a popsicle or mickey bar through the straw x-cut, then the lid will catch any drips!
Great tip - & not just for Disney trips. Thanks
wareco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2012, 11:13 PM   #843
Lisa71
Adoption Rocks!

A tub mat...those tubs are slippery for me and the kids!
Old 06-05-2012, 12:34 PM   #844
Janilou2012
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the tips!

Great ideas! Thank you so much for all the tips. We leave for Florida and WDW this coming Sunday. So excited!
Janilou2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:30 PM   #845
Cinderelly78
Earning My Ears

Shout wipes?

This is GENIUS, as the boyfriend has never met a shirt that he can't spill on. He spills everything, I mean everything. The problem is, I can't find the shout wipes! Tide to go pens are everywhere, but I can't find the wipes in Target, Walmart or my local grocery store... I can always order them online, but where have you all found them?
Cinderelly78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:58 PM   #846
ashleycade
Earning My Ears

If you are traveling in the summer and are driving freeze a whole case of water and put it in a cooler. They are a life saver in the parks! Put a dry washcloth around it (to soak up the condensation) & stick it the side pocket of your backpack. It will stay cold all day! We used the whole case in less than a week in July!
Next trip Nov 2012 at AOA!!
ashleycade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:07 PM   #847
ashleycade
Earning My Ears

We have always traveled to WDW in the summer. This year we are going the day after Thanksgiving! We are so excited to experience Christmas the Disney way! I would greatly appreciate any tips or advice for traveling this time of year. We are used to sweating and fighting crowds in 115 degree whether in July!
Next trip Nov 2012 at AOA!!
ashleycade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:24 PM   #848
lilaurora
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderelly78 View Post
This is GENIUS, as the boyfriend has never met a shirt that he can't spill on. He spills everything, I mean everything. The problem is, I can't find the shout wipes! Tide to go pens are everywhere, but I can't find the wipes in Target, Walmart or my local grocery store... I can always order them online, but where have you all found them?
I just bought a pack of these at Walmart last week for our trip (we leave tomorrow!). I found them in the same area as the laundry stain removers. Although I have seen 4 packs in the travel size sections of both Walmart and Target within the past week also.

Good luck finding some. I think they work great, too!

lilaurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #849
DisneyFanatic09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirlLost View Post
Seriously, there is nothing wrong with the paper straws.

I print a sheet of small labels that say "If lost, please call ..." with my cell number. I stick one on the back of each of my kids' shirts in the morning before we leave.

I stick them on our cameras and backpacks and water bottles.

Essentially, everything.
Great idea I do something similar when i first buy a phone or camera I write down my name, mailing address, and phone number (phone number just for the camera of course) and i take a picture of it and set it as the first picture to come up if someone were going through it... that way they can return it. and we have actually had a camera returned to us!
DisneyFanatic09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:18 PM   #850
gspeters1965
Earning My Ears

Beg Bugs be gone!

I travel internationally to places where you can be sure there are bedbugs in the hotels. There is a camping product called Premethian that you can treat clothes, tents, etc with that kills them and keeps them away.

I pack a small spray bottle (2 oz or so) and as soon as you get to the hotel room pull back the bed sheets and give a nice spray particularly around the the edge of the bed. Take off the pillow cases and give the pillows a spray.

Let it dry (10 mins at most) and put it back together. 100% confirmed . . no bed bugs.

Also I treat my suitcase exterior and interior. No need to bring any of those critters home.

There are a couple videos on you tube that shows how effective this stuff is on the bugs and it is 100% safe for people.
gspeters1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:16 PM   #851
MagicMark
Earning My Ears

LOL Loving this thread, I need to start taking 'unusual/different' items to disney with me! ;( I don't think I did... hmm I'll have another think!
MagicMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:49 AM   #852
mistybroussard
Earning My Ears

Love this thread. My list just keeps growing and growing!!!!

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...wt5utwiek0.png
mistybroussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:10 PM   #853
rainynight
Mouseketeer

A long sleeve art smock for kids. Like this http://www.amazon.com/Faber-Castell-...56/ref=lh_ni_t

Carry it in your bag and whip them out for meals. My (almost) 4 year old uses his smock multiple times a day at home, it keeps clothes from getting stained and is easy to put on and take off.
rainynight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:32 PM   #854
tassma
Mouseketeer

Vaseline for our feet!
Old 06-17-2012, 02:28 AM   #855
lmm2
Earning My Ears

2 things

1. foldable step stool for my daughter to wash her hands-It was nice not having to lft her up in the room after lifting her in the parks all day.

2. Take a picture of your photo pass card. We lost ours on our 1st day and did not have the number to register it. We did have the pictures taken on our camera also but would have liked to have seen the ones that they took.
I filled out the form for lost photopass cards and if it was found and turned in, I might have a chance of them being found.
lmm2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: