Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2012, 08:54 AM   #826
churchpilot
I never look back, Dahling, it distracts from the NOW!

[QUOTE=schwabegooftroop;44733203]I posted this on another thread, but I'll post here too...

I love a product called Camp Suds. I originally began using it for backpacking camp trips. It is a biodegradable all purpose soap. It comes in a small 2oz. container and you only need a couple small drops to wash dishes, hands, etc...

What a great idea!!!! I will see if our local outdoor store has it.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:10 AM   #827
dawnmichele
DIS Veteran

I love to travel (and read boards about travel) and thought I'd read all the tips - I've been reading this thread over the past several days and have to say it's Fantastic! I wish I had something brilliant to add, but you guys have covered it.

I will add about the glow lights though. When my dd was 4 (she's now 19) and we went to the parks, she wore a glow light around her neck. It was great for keeping an eye on her, but the best part came when she visited Ariel in the grotto (remember that?). Ariel pretended to be fascinated and asked many questions about it, which dd remembers fondly to this day. It was a great conversation piece.
dawnmichele is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #828
dgundry
Disney's In My DNA

Some repeats from PP's, but here is our list of essentials for WDW trips (in no particular order):

1. Body Glide (or other non-chafing gel/lotion/stick)

2. Small black wallet (for holding KTTW, ID and FP's) - I actually use a small business card case that just has two inner pockets so it doesn't weigh me down

3. Small power strip with USB charging stations (we like this one best http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Mini-Su...5890796&sr=8-3)

4. Rain poncho packs (folded up ones at the dollar stores; then they become throw-aways if and when used)

5. Ear plugs (for the kids during fireworks)

6. Glow sticks - rather than buying them there, we pick them up at the dollar stores before we go

7. Mini first-aid kit (with band-aids, moleskin, triple antibiotic, tylenol, and tums)

dgundry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:30 PM   #829
Ruthiemae50
Earning My Ears

I always take a strip of velcro with us for stapping things to the sides of strollers, zip ties for things i don't want to go missing from our bags or any where else, I take small frisbe's from the party store for the ice creams that drip, 35cents each and they can be washed out and used again or played with later, a new shower curtain to cover stroller or wheelchair in case of rain.and last but not least a tree leged stool to sit on during parades as I cant sit on the ground at my age..I am sure I could think of more but too tired tonight,
Old 05-06-2012, 09:04 PM   #830
momto28weeker+1
Mouseketeer

On page 36- great ideas

momto28weeker+1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:45 PM   #831
donaldsgirl
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleRenee76 View Post
How do you use body glide?

I bought it but I have no idea how to use it
Use the bar like you would deoderant on any area that chafes. Under your arms, thighs, knees, heels. If you get a little too hot and the bra starts to rub..ect. Carry it with you to the parks just in case you need to reapply

DVC MEMBER 09, All Star Resort 9/04, off-site 7/05, off-site 10/06, off-site 09/07, off-site 10/08,
VOW RENEWAL 09/09 Sea Breeze Point, OKW & SS 09/09, AKL/Kidani Village & Bonnet Creek 09/10, Saratoga Springs 4/11, AKL 12/11, OKW 5/12 STARS WARS WEEKEND!! SS 12/12, SS & Off site 7/13.

donaldsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:51 PM   #832
donaldsgirl
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

One thing that drives me crazy when we stay on property is that there is not enough drawer space for everyones stuff. I bought 2 of those multi-cube sweater holder things that you hang in your closet to take with us. They were maybe $5 or $6 each and as long as you have a bar that is wide enough you have extra "drawer" space.

DVC MEMBER 09, All Star Resort 9/04, off-site 7/05, off-site 10/06, off-site 09/07, off-site 10/08,
VOW RENEWAL 09/09 Sea Breeze Point, OKW & SS 09/09, AKL/Kidani Village & Bonnet Creek 09/10, Saratoga Springs 4/11, AKL 12/11, OKW 5/12 STARS WARS WEEKEND!! SS 12/12, SS & Off site 7/13.

Old 05-13-2012, 11:02 PM   #833
donaldsgirl
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
I see you are new so Welcome!!!

But your idea, not really a good one. Height restrictions are set for a reason, and it is best to not try and get around them. Besides, we are not supposed to post ways to break any Disney rule.
Tiffster,
That is actually a pretty good idea. DD is about 1/4 inch short to ride some things..that could actually do the trick nicely.

Old 05-19-2012, 08:59 AM   #834
crazycatlady
DIS Veteran

I just got done reading the whole thread and I don't think I saw this mentioned yet. We always bring a lint brush with us. The kind that you can get at the dollar stores with the sticky sheets that you tear off when they get used up. I had read on this site last year about using the lint brush to check for bed bugs at hotels/motels. Before you bring your stuff into the room, pull the comforter and sheets away from the corners of the mattress and run the lint brush over the sides and top, especially at the seams. Check the sticky stuff for suspicious stuff. We have done this ever since I read that tip. Thankfully, we have never found anything. We also use the lint brush to get rid of traveling cat hair brought from home.

We bring a small plastic toothbrush holder that I got for a buck at one of the dollar stores.

I also sign up for free samples of dish soap, laundry soap, etc. throughout the year and bring these small packets along to wash out mugs or do emergency laundry.

November, 2013-Wilderness Lodge
October, 2012- POP Century
October, 2011- POP Century
October, 2010- POP Century
October, 2009- Off-site Marriott Cypress Harbour
October, 2003- Off-site Marriott Grande Vista
February, 2001-Off-site Marriott Royal Palms
October, 1999- Off-site Marriott Cypress Harbour
crazycatlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:01 AM   #835
PFW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycatlady View Post
I just got done reading the whole thread and I don't think I saw this mentioned yet. We always bring a lint brush with us. The kind that you can get at the dollar stores with the sticky sheets that you tear off when they get used up. I had read on this site last year about using the lint brush to check for bed bugs at hotels/motels. Before you bring your stuff into the room, pull the comforter and sheets away from the corners of the mattress and run the lint brush over the sides and top, especially at the seams. Check the sticky stuff for suspicious stuff. We have done this ever since I read that tip. Thankfully, we have never found anything. We also use the lint brush to get rid of traveling cat hair brought from home.

We bring a small plastic toothbrush holder that I got for a buck at one of the dollar stores.

I also sign up for free samples of dish soap, laundry soap, etc. throughout the year and bring these small packets along to wash out mugs or do emergency laundry.
Thanks for the idea, I've just added this item to my ever growing packing list !

8/29 - WDP

5/89, 8/92, 8/93 , 8/94, 8/96 7/07 Off site
8/12 All Star Music Pre Trip Report
PFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:14 AM   #836
Pooh65
Earning My Ears

If your child doesn't wear shoes with laces

My son likes to wear Crocks to the parks, so no laces to tie dog tags to. When he was 4 we has one of those silicone bracelets imprinted with my husband's and my cell phone numbers. Because it was too big for his arm, we slipped it onto his ankle and then his shoes helped to keep it on. Now that he is 10, he can wear it on his wrist. He has worn this bracelet to many different occasions when we were afraid we might get seperated. He even likes to wear it because we let him pick out the colors. It's also lightweight and comfortable.
Ft Wilderness 2005 my birthday
Pooh65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:02 PM   #837
SpacedOut
First in line for Space Mountain ERT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgundry View Post
3. Small power strip with USB charging stations (we like this one best http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Mini-Su...5890796&sr=8-3)
I bought one of these at Home Depot and can't wait to go somewhere to use it! I like that it comes with a cable which will charge things like my MP3 player, GPS & many common devices. Great find!

You pick the century and I'll pick the spot.

- Jimmy Buffet, Boat Drinks
First Niagara Center Walt Disney World
SpacedOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:17 PM   #838
Mrs.viv07
DIS Veteran

this thread has been extremely helpful.
we are taking our bobbles with us, but i was wondering if we can freeze water in them or would this harm the filter?
we plan on keeping a small cooler with frozen water/juice for the boys and some light snacks in the stroller.

Viv DH DS DS DD

7 angels watching over us; including our daughter Kiara born sleeping jan 4, 2013

read our blog :http://vivnmichaelsworld.blogspot.com/

Before you leave an angry comment, read my entry at least twice to make sure you understand what I am saying, or accusing me will just make you sound really stupid. If reading it twice is too tedious for your brain, well what can i say. =)

follow my pre-trip report as i go crazy over planning for sept 2012:http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post45093687

read about our Jan 2007 trip here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1553770
Mrs.viv07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:32 PM   #839
flipflopgirly
Earning My Ears

Great ideas! I will have to bookmark this thread for our trip!!!
flipflopgirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:31 PM   #840
Mouseaholic!!!
DIS Veteran

Package or 2 of wire cloths hangers (Wally World's hangers have 10 p/package). More room in the drawers with our shirts hanging in the closet.

This is especially useful on cruises when you wear multiple sets of cloths p/day.

No one EVER gives us enough hangers.
Mouseaholic!!! is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: