Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2012, 09:25 PM   #811
mommadebbied
Mouseketeer

I am super excited about the popsicle "catch" idea with the drink lids. My youngest is Autistic with Sensory Integration Disorder and he eats popsicles and ice cream unusually slow so it drips a lot and then when that happens he has a melt down because his hands are then dirty and sticky so this will be a lifesaver and help my youngest enjoy some Mickey ice cream!!!! Thanks so much for the tip!

DH(37) ME(30) DS(7) DS(4)

September 2011 All-Star Music
September 2013 Pop Century
September 2015 Pop Century
mommadebbied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:27 PM   #812
Dashzap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by janischa View Post
* some dough (flour mixed with water) in a small plastic bag to keep it soft (for flight; in case our girl sticks it in her mouth, no need to panic)
TSA will confiscate putty/playdough/dough. Looks like plastic explosives.
Dashzap is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2012, 09:40 PM   #813
Dashzap
DIS Veteran

So many posters bring toothbrush cups or suction cup thingies for their toothbrushes.

I always put my toothbrush away as housekeeping will spray cleanser on the mirror and it drifts down onto anything on the counter....
Old 04-18-2012, 09:41 PM   #814
canopynut66
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh2001 View Post
I will start a list of not so normal items to pack for use at WDW.

We bring a McDonalds takeout cardboard 4 cup holder. We bring plastic Disney cups in 4 different patterns, whcih fit into the McDonalds 4 cup holder. What we use it for is a tooth brush holder. Everyone gets a cup assigned to them, to place their toothbrush in. The toothbrushes are organized and do not touch the counter.

We also bring a power bar with at least 8 outlets in it. We use the power bar to plug in our 4 cell phones, camera batteries, ipods, and anything else which needs charging. It helps when there are only 2 or 3 plus available to charge things at night.

We bring ziplock bags in quart and gallon sizes. We use them to store any food we bring back to the room (no bugs please) and our cell phones & camera's when it rains.

What do you bring and use at WDW which are not normal items like a brush, clothes, extra sneakers ?

CLOROX OR LYSOL WIPES- -we wipe off remote and phone and dresser and nitestand where we will touch and then we do the bathroom as well...just as precautions and door handles...also table and chair the wood areas as we lay a towel over the seats. Then we carry diaper wipes for in the parks to wash hands more often as always touching hand railings etc. since we been doing this have had lots less colds and flu. takes a few mintues on the first day for most and then done. we also take a bottle of plain yellow MUSTARD (suggest unopened in a plastic baggy as may explode on plane) it is --wonderful--if one gets legs cramps or charley horses from walking to much. take one heaping spoon full and wash it down with glass of water and cramp is gone..some may laugh as my DBL did until he had to try it one night...

Last edited by canopynut66; 04-18-2012 at 09:43 PM. Reason: add
canopynut66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:37 AM   #815
Dashzap
DIS Veteran

Waterproof card box for pool

Small waterproof box for room key, credit card, cash, car key. Loops on your swimsuit strap, so you can relax and swim without worrying about watching your stuff at the hotel pool.

I got mine years ago at a dive shop, but I found the one pictured above at amazon for $7.25. Mine just has the cord at the top of the box, not the ring or caribeaner...not sure if they'd make it too bulky...
Old 04-19-2012, 08:54 AM   #816
Butterbunkins
Mouseketeer

This is sad and we make fun of ourselves all the time (as does the rest of the family) but my mom and I grab those round Mickey stickers whenever we can. We are spillers. We WILL spill on our shirts and sometimes Shout wipes and Tide pens don't do the trick. So we whip out a Mickey sticker and cover the evidence. Sometimes we look silly, but an oddly placed Mickey sticker looks a lot better than a big stain!

And when I'm at home and I spill (which is all the time) DH just looks at me and shouts "Mickey sticker"!
1986 - offsite, 1988 - offsite, 1989 - DL, 1992 - BC, 1994 - offsite, 1997 - offsite, 1998 - PO (DL), 1999 - CS, 1999 - Cast Member, 2002 - BCV, 2003 - DL, 2004 - CB, 2008 - BWV, 2010 (Honeymoon) - BWV

Next trip: Nov. 2012 FW (tent) for 2 nights then BWV for 7 nights

Mr. and Mrs. Butterbunkins
Butterbunkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:15 PM   #817
pampam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbunkins View Post
This is sad and we make fun of ourselves all the time (as does the rest of the family) but my mom and I grab those round Mickey stickers whenever we can. We are spillers. We WILL spill on our shirts and sometimes Shout wipes and Tide pens don't do the trick. So we whip out a Mickey sticker and cover the evidence. Sometimes we look silly, but an oddly placed Mickey sticker looks a lot better than a big stain!

And when I'm at home and I spill (which is all the time) DH just looks at me and shouts "Mickey sticker"!
So, that was you, with the stickers placed in odd places! I just thought some kid had stuck them on you, and you didn't want to offend him so you kept the stickers on.
pampam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:31 PM   #818
Butterbunkins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampam View Post
So, that was you, with the stickers placed in odd places! I just thought some kid had stuck them on you, and you didn't want to offend him so you kept the stickers on.
See! We had you fooled the whole time!
1986 - offsite, 1988 - offsite, 1989 - DL, 1992 - BC, 1994 - offsite, 1997 - offsite, 1998 - PO (DL), 1999 - CS, 1999 - Cast Member, 2002 - BCV, 2003 - DL, 2004 - CB, 2008 - BWV, 2010 (Honeymoon) - BWV

Next trip: Nov. 2012 FW (tent) for 2 nights then BWV for 7 nights

Mr. and Mrs. Butterbunkins
Butterbunkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:49 AM   #819
MichelleRenee76
Earning My Ears

How do you use body glide?

I bought it but I have no idea how to use it
MichelleRenee76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:21 PM   #820
emksmama
Mouseketeer

It's taken me almost two days but I finally read all 55 pages. Holy moley. I have lists going now, and am so appreciative of everything suggested!! We are driving, but I don't want to over or under pack...for you 'veterans', it's a big help! Many many thanks!!

1984 & 1986 with parents, no clue where we stayed but they were both off property
July 2012 Shades of Green 3 generations of FUN
October 20-24, 2014 POP & MNSSHP
emksmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:44 PM   #821
Donna M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleRenee76 View Post

I've been rubbing it on my feet where I would normally get a blister, and it has helped, so far. I plan to use it where my shirt sleeve sometimes rubs against the side of my body too. We head to WDW on Monday so that will be the real test. I'll rub it everywhere something rubs together.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:39 PM   #822
tink15823
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna M View Post
I've been rubbing it on my feet where I would normally get a blister, and it has helped, so far. I plan to use it where my shirt sleeve sometimes rubs against the side of my body too. We head to WDW on Monday so that will be the real test. I'll rub it everywhere something rubs together.
I love this thread

ASMU 1996 ASMO 2005 2008 2010 Art of Animation 2012
tink15823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:27 PM   #823
BunBun
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleRenee76 View Post

Use this stuff anywhere your clothes might rub, or where skin is constantly rubbing. Like, if you normally wear t-shirts but decide to wear a tank top? That's a call for it. Where your thighs touch when walking is another good spot for it. If you have large breasts, under them is good, and it helps keep heat rash away too. And, without getting graphic, anywhere your underwear touches you on the front half of your body. :-)

Last edited by BunBun; 04-23-2012 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Spelling, of course.
BunBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:20 AM   #824
ejrj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbunkins View Post

Made my morning!!
ejrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:54 PM   #825
schwabegooftroop
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up

I posted this on another thread, but I'll post here too...

I love a product called Camp Suds. I originally began using it for backpacking camp trips. It is a biodegradable all purpose soap. It comes in a small 2oz. container and you only need a couple small drops to wash dishes, hands, etc...

It really came in handy to keep in the diaper bag when my kids were in the bottle/ sippy cup stage. I could rinse out and wash their cups in a restroom and refill with clean water (and a juice powder pack/kool-aid packet as they got older). Because the soap is designed for camping in the backcountry, it really does only take a drop or two, rinses really easy, and it leaves no after taste. Even if a little is left behind, the type of soap it is is not harmful to the GI tract if you know what I mean...

Now it is great for rinsing out water bottles in the park (can't stand plain water so I use the single juice packets), wash the kids cups, and to wash up the refillable mugs. Also doubles as liquid hand soap. Also works to wash up a small spill on a shirt. One little bottle, so many uses = more room for souvenirs!!

http://www.rei.com/product/407166/campsuds-2-oz
also check your local hunting/camping/outdoors store...

*no affiliation..just a happy user!

~amy

schwabegooftroop is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: