Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2012, 04:21 AM   #796
KDilly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyecpa View Post
Thanks for all the great tips! This newbie appreciates it :-)
AGREED!! lol

-KD
Old 03-11-2012, 05:51 PM   #797
fairytalelover
DIS Veteran

There are some fantastic tips on this thread! but after taking three days to read all of these posts I did notice that some of you are forgetting that you are going on vacation. Some of you posted that you are packing toasters, water filter systems, waffle irons, bread makers and even electric griddles?? Really folks? That is just insane in my humble opinion. You are on vacation but you are basically packing your entire kitchen. Now obviously to each his own but you may want to try to take less and try to relax on your vacation.

ME DH DS
Disneyland- hundreds of times
Disneyland Hotel 6/05,12/05
Disney Fairytale Wedding@Disneyland 6/05
WDW 2/04, 6/05, 5/12, 10/14, 10/15
Port Orleans Riverside 2/04 & 6/05
All Star Movies Resort 5/12
Coronado Springs 10/9/14
Port Orleans French Quarter 9/30/15
Disney Wonder 6/05
Disney Dream 4/12
Disney Fantasy 10/18/14 & 10/10/15
fairytalelover is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2012, 10:28 PM   #798
2010Disneymom
2010Disneymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jegsnakkernorsk View Post
If you are going to the water parks, don't forget to pack AquaSocks or Water Shoes. You can sometimes get them super cheap at sporting good stores when the seasons are changing.

I was also thinking goggles for my son. He doesn't like to swim without them.
2010Disneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:08 PM   #799
nickle831
Mouseketeer

This thread is great! It took 3 days to get thru, but I'm so glad I read it all. Thanks for all the great tips, we leave in December for my daughter's 5th birthday, and all of our's first trip to Disney!
nickle831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:27 PM   #800
disneynutinpa
Mouseketeer

Sweet 'N Low. LOL. I am a big iced tea drinker, but I like Sweet 'N Low better than sugar because it dissolves better. I get a baggie and carry my Sweet 'N Low with me to the parks for when we eat. DH just shakes his head at me. Hey...I know what I like.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:08 PM   #801
ratlenhum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutinpa View Post
Sweet 'N Low. LOL. I am a big iced tea drinker, but I like Sweet 'N Low better than sugar because it dissolves better. I get a baggie and carry my Sweet 'N Low with me to the parks for when we eat. DH just shakes his head at me. Hey...I know what I like.

Same here except for me it's packets of Stevia. you should try it. Sweet N Low and Splenda are horrible neurotoxic garbage! The stevia is all natural, no chemicals
ratlenhum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:19 AM   #802
TheHarlessFamily
Earning My Ears

Ok so i am only on page 40 so far but...

I am only on page 40 so far so someone else may have mentioned this alternative but. For the alternative to cup lids for Popsicle drips...(which btw thanks for the tip i wouldnt have thought to pack that) in the summer time around our house we always use Cupcake liners. The paper ones work pretty well unless you have an unusually slow eater with lots and lots and lots of drips then i would recommend the aluminum foil ones! ( i actually converted a couple of silicone ones(found at a yard sale) with a hole cut in it for this sole purpose if you wanted to have them reusable)
They are cheap most people probably have them already
They weigh practically nothing and take up almost no room!
You can find them in super cute and even disney patterns!

I also think the cupcake liner or even mini cupcake liner would make a good alternative to people looking for a "condiment cup" (except that it wouldnt be something I would want to hold in my hand and walk around with dipping out of!
TheHarlessFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:02 PM   #803
madsmom22
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh2001 View Post
We also bring a power bar with at least 8 outlets in it. We use the power bar to plug in our 4 cell phones, camera batteries, ipods, and anything else which needs charging. It helps when there are only 2 or 3 plus available to charge things at night.

What do you bring and use at WDW which are not normal items like a brush, clothes, extra sneakers ?
Thank you SO MUCH for the power strip advice! With 4 people, each with cell phones, plus a laptop and/or tablet coming with us in November, this is EXCELLENT advice!

We have brought dollar store ponchos in case of rain. I once brought a nice camping style poncho. It was so big and thick there was NO WAY I was carrying that around in the parks!

For our first trip with my girls were little, we brought pennies and quarters in the little M&M mini's containers =- ready to go for the penny presses. And we went through all our pennies and found the oldest ones and cleaned them up first and then stacked them in - 2 pennies + 1 quarter - This worked GREAT!
2012 - BEACH CLUB RESORT
2013 - PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE (dance team trip)
2013 - PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE (family trip)

madsmom22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:45 PM   #804
jobro912
Mouseketeer

For me it's Bonine or Dramamine...Why? Because I love the rides, but they don't always love me
jobro912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:03 AM   #805
madsmom22
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobro912 View Post
For me it's Bonine or Dramamine...Why? Because I love the rides, but they don't always love me
Same here! Especially anything that spins! I can NOT ride the Teacups And last time, after riding Tower of Terror a couple of times, I started feeling yucky. So a Dramamine and a lot of caffeine (so I don't get too sleepy!) gets me through!
2012 - BEACH CLUB RESORT
2013 - PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE (dance team trip)
2013 - PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE (family trip)

madsmom22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:46 PM   #806
centipede
All good girls gather.

I haven't read this entire thread yet, but I am already fully convinced that most of you own Mary Poppins style carpet bags that you use for your WDW packing. Completely jealous!

Me , Devon , Jack (9), Nigel (7), Archer (4), baby Reed

My 2012 Disneymoon PTR!
centipede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:42 AM   #807
MichelleRenee76
Earning My Ears

Still reading through...
Wow such great ideas.

My amazon cart is full of stuff from chilly towels to body glide to everything in between -thanks
MichelleRenee76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:04 AM   #808
Cindy-rella
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by centipede View Post
I haven't read this entire thread yet, but I am already fully convinced that most of you own Mary Poppins style carpet bags that you use for your WDW packing. Completely jealous!
;
Funny, I totally agree

DH :Me DD10 DS8
2007 - Fort Wilderness Campground
2009 - All Star Movie
2011 All Star Sports

Cindy-rella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:10 AM   #809
ironpig70
DIS Veteran

Dog tags for the kids.

Put my name on it and my phone number and lace it into their shoe. If they get lost anybody can call me. My kids are still a little young and don't always get my number correct and if lost they may freak and forget.

I keep seeing people bringing night lights. And I found a great way to make the light less bright/more festive. A Christmas bulb will fit many standard night lights. My hardware store sells bulbs by the bulb and after Christmas the bulbs are dirt cheap. Kinda nice having a blue light rather than a white light. And at halloween I switch to orange, Christmas I go to red.

Last edited by ironpig70; 04-14-2012 at 01:23 AM.
ironpig70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:10 AM   #810
katibosch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by centipede View Post
Me too! There is no way all this stuff is going to fit into three little carryons!

I was Disney College Program Fall 1999 Merchandise @ Beastly Bazaar DAK

My first visit as a guest, DH's 2nd visit, DD's First Visit: May 12-23, 2012 (All Star Music)

katibosch is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: