Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2012, 02:14 PM   #781
Alexsmommie
Disney Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyprincesses View Post
Cups of ice and water are free at the parks just ask. The ice is filtered and by the time it is melting it is good water!!
I once read that you could buy a filter bottle so you can fill it from the water fountains and you don't get that florida water taste!! (I plan to get a few for DH, DS and I!!)
Old 02-20-2012, 02:25 PM   #782
Alexsmommie
Disney Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carone0318 View Post
We bring carabiner clips, 2 for each of us. We all carry our own backpacks and we clip a clip to each strap and clip a flip flop to each clip, so when it starts to rain, we change into the flip flops and put our sneakers & socks into the bag until the rain stops.

I bring all different color sharpies for autographs, except for the color green. For some reason that is the only color that they can not get off of the costumes.

When my kids were young & in a stroller, I would bring safety pins and a receiving blanket or towel. I would pin the blanket to the shade of the stroller. When the baby/child fell asleep, I would put the shade up and pull the blanket down over the bar/table to keep the sun out. While they were sleeping I would clip a fan to the stroller and have it blowing on them while they slept. It worked perfectly.

If you are planning on getting a henna tattoo, bring a small jar of Vasoline because you need to put the Vasoline on the tattoo while you are showering or swimming, it's not supposed to get wet. When we did it, I couldn't find any Vasoline on property to buy, so I ended up using triple antibiotic ointment cause it was gel-like.
The caribiners are an AMAZING idea!! I think I might "steal" this one!! thanks!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2012, 03:04 PM   #783
Alexsmommie
Disney Dreamer

OoO Almost forgot!!

Normally when I'm at home pushing the stroller at our local theme park/county fair I take our diaper bag and hang it over the stroller handle, however we have a regular size stroller for home and lately I've read alot about having light strollers to make it easy to push/take on and off buses while at WDW...

I recently received a gift (thanks mom ) that EVERY person pushing *any* type of stroller needs at least two of... it's called a clip n go (www.onestepahead.com) they're relatively inexpensive and they can save so much space and weight! I have seen other versions of this but this one is my favorite (when you buy them on one step ahead, it already comes in a pack of two!!)

Basically they're big carabiners that you hook to the handle of your diaper bag (or any other bag you dont want to carry) and then attach the clips to the handle(s) of the stroller... it lets the bag hang right where you need it and leaves room for drinks , other bags/purses, etc on top (if you have a drink holder it won't interfere)

I also realized for those strollers that dont have a basket underneath (because of their size) this would be a good alternative to keep extra shoes/items you want with you but dont want to have to carry on your back, you might even (depending on the size) be able to hang the backpack you intend to take in (to eliminate that end of the day backache that is inevitable!)
Old 03-05-2012, 03:11 PM   #784
SpacedOut
First in line for Space Mountain ERT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL View Post
Not many people think about this to pack, but it's a pretty good 3 season item. If you have 1, pack a hockey jersey. It doesn't have to a game grade sweater. Even a replica is pretty good. They are lighter and a better wind breaker than a sweatshirt and are usually fairly water resistent. Plus, with a t-shirt underneath, if the temps get too warm, it's a lot easier to carry or wrap around your waist than a jacket or sweatshirt.
Gotta say, hate the Bruins, but love the Bear!

Might I also suggest the dark jersey (as opposed to white) as it is less likely to show dirt or dust when taken on rides? A hockey jersey is also a great conversation starter with other visitors! I always try to wear at least a Sabres t-shirt or hat one day down there...

Go Sabres!
You pick the century and I'll pick the spot.

- Jimmy Buffet, Boat Drinks
First Niagara Center Walt Disney World
SpacedOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:21 PM   #785
BDL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacedOut View Post
Gotta say, hate the Bruins, but love the Bear!

Might I also suggest the dark jersey (as opposed to white) as it is less likely to show dirt or dust when taken on rides? A hockey jersey is also a great conversation starter with other visitors! I always try to wear at least a Sabres t-shirt or hat one day down there...

Go Sabres!
Any chance you'll be in WDW in Dec 2012? I already got 1 battle royal scheduled with a Flyers fan. But you are right about the conversation starter. While waiting in line, we met a nice couple that were New England transplants now living in N. Carolina. Sadly they had become Canes fans.

Thank you for you appreciation of the bear. I like the Sabres mocking of Rules Bear that are up on youtube. I can't post the links here, cuz of the content. But they are "wicked" funny. But nothing can beat the "Never date in the division" Rules Bear.

BDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:20 PM   #786
amyecpa
Mouseketeer

wow, this may deserve a sticky

Thanks for all the great tips! This newbie appreciates it :-)
amyecpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:55 PM   #787
Offsides
I enjoy being a girl

Quote:
But nothing can beat the "Never date in the division" Rules Bear.
This is my absolute favorite hockey related commercial of all time. A close second is the Verizon nursery commercial.

I never thought to wear a jersey to the parks, but it is really not a bad idea. I might try it out for evenings during my trip at the end of the month. Last time I was there I wore my Wings hat quite a bit and a t-shirt as well one day, I think.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:18 PM   #788
SpacedOut
First in line for Space Mountain ERT

Quote:
Any chance you'll be in WDW in Dec 2012? I already got 1 battle royal scheduled with a Flyers fan. But you are right about the conversation starter. While waiting in line, we met a nice couple that were New England transplants now living in N. Carolina. Sadly they had become Canes fans.

Thank you for you appreciation of the bear. I like the Sabres mocking of Rules Bear that are up on youtube. I can't post the links here, cuz of the content. But they are "wicked" funny. But nothing can beat the "Never date in the division" Rules Bear.
I have Sabres season tickets, so I keep my WDW visits during hockey off-season, which ends earlier than I wish...

The commercial where the guy cuts in line at the restroom and the Bear puts his paw on his shoulder is hysterical! The looks on both their faces are priceless!

Props, where due...
You pick the century and I'll pick the spot.

- Jimmy Buffet, Boat Drinks
First Niagara Center Walt Disney World
SpacedOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:08 PM   #789
Disneynut71
DIS Veteran

I am loving the tips...making my packing list
Disneynut71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:54 PM   #790
aimhi
luvin' my ears

Great thread

:
aimhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:39 PM   #791
marypoppinswannabe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexsmommie View Post
I once read that you could buy a filter bottle so you can fill it from the water fountains and you don't get that florida water taste!! (I plan to get a few for DH, DS and I!!)

The filter bottles are called bobbles. I got mine at JC Penney, but have seen them at Office Depot and Best Buy. Cost about 10 bucks, but you can get about 300 bottles of water out of one filter. So, they do pay for themselves.

WDW 77 & 81
Off-site -94 & 03
Pop Century -06, 10, 11, 13
marypoppinswannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:50 PM   #792
kristytru
A dream is a wish your heart makes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marypoppinswannabe View Post
The filter bottles are called bobbles. I got mine at JC Penney, but have seen them at Office Depot and Best Buy. Cost about 10 bucks, but you can get about 300 bottles of water out of one filter. So, they do pay for themselves.
We LLOOOOOOVVVVEEEE our bobbles. they take the Florida water taste out completely. Brita makes one now too which is only slightly more $. One warning: They are only for WATER. Do not put drink mix in them as the mix will be "filtered" out and your filter will be ruined.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:28 PM   #793
hellofolks
Earning My Ears

I put toothbrushes in the disposable plastic cups that come in your room for water/coffee. No toothbrush or toothpaste will touch the counter. I also use one for my makeup brushes.

Clorox wipes (travel pack) for cleaning the room, and remotes, etc.
Also can wipe toilet seats down in parks.

Travel febreeze and candle to keep room smelling fresh.

Ziplock bags for snacks to take to park.

I use hand towels in the room to put my makeup or brush on while I get ready.

Stacy & Jason
married 9-19-2009

1985 Polynesian resort
1991 offsite @ Orange Lake resort
4/2010 All star Music
4/2011 offsite @ Orange Lake resort
10/2011 offsite
5/2012 offsite
4/2013 All Star Sports

Huge Buffalo Bills fan from Rochester, NY now in Indy since 6/03
hellofolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #794
KingK12
No boo boo, but Yes, I wanna get sauced

Honestly can say this thread has helped me remember half of the things in my suitcase! LOL
Old 03-08-2012, 11:06 PM   #795
MAYNARDS99
DIS Veteran

A clothes pin will keep your rooms' drapes closed completely. If you have room, a small fan that clips on. Great if you need "white noise".

Yacht Club DEC13
Beach Club concierge (suite upgrade) JAN13
Coronado Springs OCT11 & SEP12
Hilton Bonnet Creek, Royal Pacific (suite upgrade) AsMU SEP10
SSR 1 Bedroom SEP09 (free dining and upgrade)
Wilderness Lodge/Royal Pacific (concierge upgrade) SEP08
Grand Californian DEC07 (theme park view upgrade)
Port Orleans Riverside Alligator Bayou SEP05
Contemporary (MK view Tower Club upgrade) NOV03
Ritz-Carlton NOV03
Portofino Bay Hotel Deluxe NOV01
Polynesian (concierge upgrade) NOV99
Wilderness Lodge Deluxe OCT98
Off Site - Disneyland Paris JUL93
Off Site - WDW JAN88
Contemporary MK view Tower JUL74
MAYNARDS99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: