Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2011, 08:39 PM   #511
hadleyr
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole3202 View Post
My Name is nicole and I have a dis board addiction. I have seriously been on this board non stop for about 3 days now. My eyes are bleeding - but there is so much info...
New here and planning my first DW trip in October. I started reading this thread... who knows if I'll ever make it to the end.....
I am right there with you. I have been addicted to the computer ever since we decided to plan our trip to Disney. My head is swimming with Disney info! I feel like the word disney is permanently tattooed on my eyeballs!!
hadleyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 09:15 PM   #512
Walt(the man)Lover
Earning My Ears

All great ideas! We aren't going until December, but I've already started a list on my phone. I really like using a clear or mesh backpack for our stuff at the parks as it checks more quickly through security and my DH can locate items more easily.

Last edited by Walt(the man)Lover; 05-14-2011 at 09:21 PM.
Walt(the man)Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2011, 08:25 PM   #513
goofygrl4
Wishing upon a star!

as an EMT I feel you can never be to prepared. So when I go to Disney, or any vacation, I bring a very overstocked "mini" first aid kit. I also pack EXTRA gloves wich have come in handy on more than one occasion. If you have fake nails and don't want them to turn yellow, wearing gloves while applying sun screen is a "life saver"

goofygrl4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:28 PM   #514
slider44641
Earning My Ears

i read somewhere before about bringing an over the door shoe organizer and use it to keep the make up, toothpaste, deoderant, etc. organized and off the counter. we did that last trip and it worked out very well!
slider44641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:57 AM   #515
Sandy61
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntava View Post
I don't know if anyone has mentioned...but I freeze a couple bottle waters in the hotels minifridge/freezer. Put in backpack...they slowly melt, and you can hold them on your pulse points for intant heat relief. As they melt, you have cold water to drink.
Take extra kids socks for putting the frozen bottles in and then put in backpack. The bottles won't get drippy wet and will stay cold longer. Sports socks work best.
Sandy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 08:39 AM   #516
Sandy61
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingSphinx View Post
All of these tips are so useful! I only have a couple to add, and they may not be that bizarre, but I do it anyway.

Technically its not packed, but I always leave the phone number and address of the vet & emergency clinic for our cat sitter. (I also leave copies of vaccinations) Useful; we recently went on vacation and one cat got sick, luckily sitter had all the information necessary!

When in the parks or at home, I also won't post what I'm doing or where I am on facebook or twitter; I also turned off the geo-tagging feature that is the standard setting on most smartphone images. No reason to advertise to anyone who knows where you live that you're enjoying the magic far from home, right?

Old-fashioned film canisters are the perfect size for pills; allergy, ibuprofen, acetaminophen-I always keep some on me just in case.

I also carry eye drops since somehow I always wind up with something in my eye and I don't want to scratch my lenses. Can't enjoy the Disney magic if my eye's squinched shut all day!
I always carry lubricating eye drops because my eyes get dry and blurry when I am out all day and evening. Fans and air conditioners also dry them out.
Sandy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:04 PM   #517
ezmom
Earning My Ears

WOW I can't believe all of the ideas I have gotten after reading this entire thread for the past 2.5 hours. My list is really long but so many great ideas. The only thing that I wish now was that we were camping in our own camper with our own bed and tv remote ( ooh gross).. anyway we leave in a week and I will have to figure out how to carry all this stuff around in the park.
No great ideas from me, but a HUGE thank you for your ideas.

ezmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:15 AM   #518
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

Tin Foil... I use it to reheat food such as a left over sandwich or a slice of pizza which would otherwise get soggy in the microwave. I lay the tin foil across the top of the toaster and then lay the food on top of that and turn on the toaster.

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014
Shelly F - Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:17 PM   #519
tennisnut
Pin collector

I can't believe I made it through the whole thread!!!
It took me a few days but I made it

Someone mentioned the hole punch for the photopass but I take a hole punch for my room key. ( I am an Annual Passholder so my ticket is separate ). I am also a pin trader so I put my room key at the bottom of the lanyard on the ring. I can pull my room key off my lanyard when I want to charge something to the room AND I can whip out my key to get into the room quickly. I hate standing there fumbling around looking for my key in my draw string backpack. Just make sure you punch the right end and not the "strip".
My hole punch lives in my suitcase so it is always there for any trip.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:25 PM   #520
StephMK
DIS Veteran

Great thread!! As I've been reading, I stop & grab things for the packing pile that I had not thought of yet. I need to pick up some bandaids for our trip along w/some other items that sound handy.

Wish I hadn't read a few tips about hotel rooms - ick! I will be adding Lysol to the grocery trip when we get there.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:23 AM   #521
BC/YC Pool Noodles
From L to Rt, Paul, Pastina, Penne and Ramen Noodle

Just checking in to say hi and get my post count up so I can post pictures. I'll see you in June at the BC!
BC/YC Pool Noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:07 PM   #522
cricketgirl
I've waited my whole life for this!

WOW!!!! I just finished reading all 35 pages of post.

We leave for Disney in 115 days.

I have no tips really but thank you for the couple I did pick up.

Keep them coming.

Lori
Old 05-29-2011, 09:07 PM   #523
dlander
Mouseketeer

Great tips everyone! Thank you! I have spent the entire afternoon reading this thread I've started my packing pile. We leave in 18 days for our Disney World (BCV)/Disney Cruise trip.
dlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:12 PM   #524
Disny4girls
Mouseketeer

I love the sock on the frozen bottles!

I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD Again WDW All Star Movies August 2007 Disneyland 2008 Going back July 2011 to celebrate being CANCER FREE!!
Only a few rides the first time. But got TWO full autograph books. This time every ride we can get on!
Disny4girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:03 PM   #525
mackenziec123
Earning My Ears

This is actually pretty normal now that I think about it, but I thought that I'd share it anyway! I like to bring a refillable waterbottle and Crystal Light packets with me to WDW. It's a simple, inexpensive way to quench your thirst and hot, summer days at the parks and pretty tasty too!

-Mackenzie!
"Elbow, elbow, wrist, wrist, touch your pearls and blow a kiss!"
mackenziec123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: