Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2011, 10:25 AM   #451
DalmationGal29
Mouseketeer

Something to Add

I am so glad I found this thread. It took me about 2 days to read all the way through, but I finally made it. Also added several items to my "must pack" list for our upcoming July trip

The only thing I can think of right now to add is party blowers. I have actually read this somewhere else but picked it up and has worked great. I used them on our last trip in April 2007 for my nieces on the plane. Blowing them helps to "pop" their ears on take-offs and landings since they were too young to chew gum. Lollipops work well too.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:44 PM   #452
Babbletrish
DIS Veteran

Red face

Ziplock bags are a must, as are moist towelettes. I also toss a small pair of scissors and moleskin bandages in my luggage.

I also bring a "kit" in my carry-on that's... maybe a little specialized: It's got ten different sketching pencils, a fantastic travel set of watercolors, brushes, and a book light.
Babbletrish is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2011, 11:21 AM   #453
scndbaswmn
Mouseketeer

Items!

WHOO! I finally made it through reading this! Took me 2 days! But I have a HUGE list of ideas in a Word document for our September (and FIRST) WDW trip! Thanks for the great ideas, everyone!

scndbaswmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:44 PM   #454
Monknmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scndbaswmn View Post
WHOO! I finally made it through reading this! Took me 2 days! But I have a HUGE list of ideas in a Word document for our September (and FIRST) WDW trip! Thanks for the great ideas, everyone!
ha ha me too! Now after going through it all I have it linked to my email just in case any other ideas come along! My husband gave me some not so nice looks at the list that I printed out, but hey when he's having blisters because he didn't want to listen to me about any of this stuff I'm going to be the one with the dirty looks!
Old 03-30-2011, 02:18 PM   #455
Disneylover7901
DisneyLover7901

I love all these ideas!! Can't wait until October!!!
Old 04-02-2011, 10:04 PM   #456
humalexis
Mouseketeer

Love all the ideas!! I have a to choose a bag now to fit all the stuff I want to take into the parks!

June is almost here!!!

humalexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:42 PM   #457
kritter
I need a Disney FIX!!
Trades her hubby for "Make me an offer"

Thanks, for all of the GREAT ideas.

Can someone tell me what the autograph picture frame is?? Sounds, liek a newat idea!! TIA!!
Jan 2003-Twins first trip, September 2003-Grand Floridian-bought DVC SSR, July/Aug. 2004-Dolphin and SSR, September 2005-SSR, October 2006-SSR and DCL Eastern Halloween Cruise,June 2007-SSR, Star Wars Weekend, Sept. 2007- SSR,April 2008-SSR, June/July 2008-SSR and Vero Beach, Oct. 2008- DCL Eastern-Pirates in Paradise and SSR, Easter/April 2009,-BCV, Aug. 2009-DCL Eastern Tortola Treasure Seekers Cruise-in a CAT 3 and SSR, Dec. 2009, SSR - Feb. 2010, - OKW -April 2010-[COLOR="SeaGreen"]SSR - June/July 2010-- SSR and Vero Beach Oct.2010--OKW
Feb. 2011 OKW April 2011 SSR Aug. 2011 Vero Beach, DCL The Dream-DD, SSR, Oct. 2011 SSR Jan. 2012 OKW April 2012 SSR June 2012 DCL, Magic out of NYC June/July 2012 SSR, Vero Beach November 2012 40th Birthday Cruise DCL Thanksgiving Fantasy
kritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:56 PM   #458
moniqueelaine
Mouseketeer

I bring a small travel fan..I cannot stand the silence...My kids always ask me if I packed the fan as they too sleep with a fan...We sleep with them in the middle of winter LOL..I also take moleskin and some scissors...I bring aloe lotion and put it in the refrigerator and apply after a hot shower.....ziplocks are a must always....
Old 04-04-2011, 03:16 PM   #459
mom+3girls
DIS Veteran

Lysol wipes or clorox wipes which ever I can find. I clean the whole bathroom with them, the phone TV tables etc.

I take along Epsom salt, run some hot water in the tub, sit on the side of the tub and soak my tired feet.
Also take a heating pad. After spending a long day on your feet and riding rides you might have a few aches and pains.

We drive so we always have a cooler. We bring stuff to make sandwiches, chips and drinks.

Always bring a knife for slicing we stop by farmers markets and pick up in season veggies.

Disposable forks knives and spoons you never know when you will need them. Roll of paper towels and paper plates.
Always have ziploc bags.

We take nabs/crackers/trailmix to the park with us. Nice little pick me up between meals.

Everybody has such good ideas. I'm loving this thread.
mom+3girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:39 PM   #460
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Holy beans, I'm only on page 5! I'll have to read up on this one some more - GREAT thread and GREAT items and tips!

The least normal item I bring is OLD clothing and toiletries (and anything else!). I like to get rid of it! So rather than tossing the old undies, socks, and clothes during the year, we bring it with us on vacations and toss it as we use it. Same concept with toiletries - we bring just what we need and toss the bottles/wrappers as we go. This reduces the amount of laundry we have to do there or at home and empties out our bags so we have room for those souvenirs!

We do not throw away anything that we normally would donate or reuse so we donate items to another family or the resort - like pool toys, toys, strollers, ponchos, etc. As for the clothes, we would not throw away anything that we would normally donate or pass on but we never pass on undergarments, pajamas, shoes (unless they are fancy one use shoes the kids had) or any clothing item that is damaged or stained.

Some other items that I bring that I'm not sure if they are normal or not:
- Caffeine - It enhances any medication and helps us through any coffee withdraw.
- Self-tanner with SPF - I don't like being pasty in Florida.
- Flower hair barrette - I got it from Hawaii and makes me feel like I'm on vacation
- Waterproof eyeliner & mascara - um, Florida humidity??
- Mini teddy Grahams - For the plane and ME ride
- Headphone splitter - so two people can listen to one movie on the dvd player/iphone/Playstation/etc. (You never know when you need it for your own family OR your new friend next to you!)
- LED everything! Yes, yes, we bring glow stuff but I have had it explode on me & my son, in our eyes, right before our Akershus ADR so we bring both and open the glow items with caution We especially like the LED barrettes for my DD, LED necklaces for everyone, glowcubes (cheaper than getting it in that Tink drink for $$$$), and LED magnetic 'pins'.

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:09 PM   #461
moniqueelaine
Mouseketeer

I remembered something else that I took the last time we went and it was so helpful, they are these gel foot calmers you put them in the refrigarator and they velcro to the feet, they are wonderful...I would put them on at night after showering and in the bed...They helped so much
Old 04-04-2011, 09:18 PM   #462
jbuey22
Mouseketeer

I think they might be refering to

Quote:
Originally Posted by kritter View Post

Can someone tell me what the autograph picture frame is?? Sounds, liek a newat idea!! TIA!!
They may be refering to my idea Post #435 basically I print character photos taken with the family from our last trip. Then run into that character again and have them autograph our photo. After they sign it we get another pic with the character holding up the photo, proving that they actually signed it. After our trip I have both pics matted and framed. Thr proof pic is always small 3x5 with an 8x10 and a plaque "2011 Disney Trip Cinderella Epcot" or something to that effect. Nice piece of memorobilia for a cheap price.
Dont know why they called it an autographed frame?

1989 The Disney Inn (Honeymoon) SOG was once owed by Disney Hence the Disney Inn
2000 AllStar Sports kids 8 & 5
2002 AllStar Music kids 10 & 7
2003 AllStar Movies Kids 11 & 8
2006 Port Orleans Fench Quarter kids 14 & 11
2007 Port Orleans Riverside Kids 15 & 12
2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kids 16 & 13
2011 Coronado Springs Kids 19 & 16
and coming August...
2013 Carribean Beach Kids 21 & 18
jbuey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:36 PM   #463
bearlyanne
DIS Veteran

or it might have been my suggestion.

We get a picture matte that will house a 5x7 photo. I usually get a different 3d scrapbooking image and write the year on the matte. We carry it around and get autographs from the characters and then pic out our favorite photo and frame it.

Sharpies work great, especially the the retractable pen styled ones. It is easier for the characters to use
Old 04-04-2011, 09:48 PM   #464
kifuller4
Mouseketeer

I'm not sure if I read it on this thread or not... but I put small post it notes in my bag that I take to the park. My DD (6) does NOT like the auto flushing toliets, so I give her one, she puts it over the sensor, does her thing, then when she's done, I go and pull it off... she's over washing her hands, and there is peace in my world!!!

Me DH DD(9) DD(8)
kifuller4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:23 PM   #465
Monknmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kritter View Post

At walmart, michaels, target they have these white matted frames that you can put pictures in and have the characters sign the frame itself! Then put a picture inside the frame! they come in all sizes but most of the people here I think use the 11x8? Not sure on the size detail but you can check them out! The link is below- they have a few but I think that this is the size most people get to bring with them!
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Personaliz...-Frame/2403931

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: