Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2011, 07:51 AM   #391
brat
DIS Veteran

We bring our hepa-air filter. DS had an anaplylactic reaction to something in a hotel room(not Disney) so when we travel the hepa-filter and safe cleaners come with us. We talk to hotels ahead of time to see what cleaners they use.

We also bring a bread machine with to hotels that allow cooking in the room.Again we call first to make sure it is okay. DD has PKU and we can make her bread to eat.Some hotels ask that it plugged in at the food area where breakfast is served rather than in the room.That is fine with us as we do not want to bug anyone else.
brat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:31 AM   #392
scarlet_ibis
"GET UP AND GET ON THE BUS!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat View Post
We bring our hepa-air filter. DS had an anaplylactic reaction to something in a hotel room(not Disney) so when we travel the hepa-filter and safe cleaners come with us. We talk to hotels ahead of time to see what cleaners they use.
That reminds me... We always have to travel with a set of sheets and special detergent. (Have I mentioned this on this thread already?) DD is allergic to parabens, and it seems to be in most laundry detergents, so she'll break out in an itchy, puffy rash from sleeping on hotel sheets.

When we stay DVC, it's pretty easy just to put their sheets through the in-room washer when we get there, but Disney has also been wonderful about letting us take those sheets that we have washed to another resort. (Sometimes we have a 7 day DVC stay but layover one additional night at another Disney resort.)
Off-property trips circa 1999, 1991, 1981
scarlet_ibis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2011, 02:17 PM   #393
DadtoPrinceNoah
You've got serious thrill issues dude!

I have read through this thread and most of my ideas have been mentioned, but here are a few that I don't think were mentioned.

If you have a Lactose intolerance, take plenty of Lactaid pills. You never know what meals may have milk. CM's at restaurants are very helpful, but with lactose intolerance, it's better to be safe.

If anyone needs to meet a daily Pepsi quota, bring it with you. (Wife won't drink Coke or coffee, so she gets her caffeine from Pepsi).

We bring our Passporter book that contains all of our important Disney itinerary details.

Here is one that I haven't done myself (so I can't vouch for their effectiveness), but I have heard good things about. They are vacuum water bottles. I have seen some made by a company called Hydro Flask. I also saw some Thermos brand ones at Target. The do not sweat and can keep liquids cold for up to 24 hours.

Lastly...To those that get looks for using the backpack leashes, just tell people that you don't like it either but your spouse wouldn't let you put your children in handcuffs.
DadtoPrinceNoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:33 PM   #394
sandiegosusie
DIS Veteran

My new addition to my must haves is a hole punch and a carribeaner. I punch a hole in our photopass on the first day and attach it to my backpack with the carribeaner. The CM's love holding up their scanners easily to it and have commented on how handy it is.

DCLWonder 2003
DCL Wonder 2007
DCL Magic 2009
DCL Dream 2013
DL annual passholders...too many trips to count.
WL 2003
CSR 2007
POR 2008
POFQ 2009
CR 2011
sandiegosusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:54 PM   #395
hammie59
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musky View Post
........ but probably the strangest thing I bring is my bubbling/massaging foot bath. Nothing feels better after a long day in the parks!
OMG, I love it!

1985-1993-1999-off site
2008-CSR/ASMo
2011-POP
dh me ds11 dd6
hammie59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:11 AM   #396
chmbnaut66
Earning My Ears

Crystal Light Sticks

I think I had already posted about CLS....so, the next item that I would bring that is a little different is a toaster. (With bagels of course.)

Last edited by chmbnaut66; 02-15-2011 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Repost
chmbnaut66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:29 AM   #397
lucynme
Are we there yet? I can (almost) see the Castle!

wrinkle releaser

After spending bundles of money on this product so not to look like you living out of a suitcase for 10 days, my Mom taught me this little saver. Buy yourself a spray bottle, or use your empty WR bottle (pack it empty of course) and get yourself a few travel packs of Downy fabric softener. I got mine in the travel goodies at Target. Use one packet per larger bottle, and ta-da!! you have yourself a bottle for about a buck, you look great, and smell April Fresh!!!

4/1998-POLY (4/22-Grand Opening of Animal Kingdom Park for resort guests only),11/2000-POFQ, 4/2001-AKL, 11/2002-POFQ (Our last trip as a 2-some), 4/2006-POFQ (DS 1st Disney Trip), 4/2007-POFQ (DS 2nd trip-Old Pro), 9/2008-POFQ (Our 1st MNSSHP), 4/2009-CBR/Pirate Room (DS SURPRISE 5th Birthday!), POFQ-DS ("I'm a Kindergartner" Celebration!!!) (and our last trip as a family of three!), 4/2011-POFQ (Our first trip with our little Princess and her Big Brother!), 4/2012-POFQ (Jack's Incentive Trip!), 9-10/2013- POFQ-(Big Ol' Cousins Trip/MNSSHP#2)!
lucynme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:59 PM   #398
Polyfor30th
My cousin was detained by dhs once for refusing to give up her block of cheese

I'm a wipes for all occasions type of gal, so I bring plenty

Also, Dh and I pack cereal, granola, and packets of instant oatmeal to save money by eating breakfast in the room...preferably on a balcony with feet up and sun on the face

I find it helps to bring travel sized sunblock to the parks as well as facial sunblock in a travel container with a screw top cap. They take up less room and can be grabbed quickly. I tend to pack a small universe in my backpack, so the smaller the better

Natural, mineral spray antiperspirant is a must for my feet! It helps tremendously with blister prevention as well as bodyglide.

Polyfor30th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:44 PM   #399
Rachandgarry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cglaura View Post
I take a stack of lids from take-out drinks. If you turn it upside down and insert a popsicle or mickey bar through the straw x-cut, then the lid will catch any drips!
OMG that is the single most brilliant thing I have ever read. Genius idea!
WDW Commando Club member #197
Rachandgarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:06 PM   #400
lilybeth11602
Mouseketeer

i bring pacifier wipes and extra pacifiers to the park.you can get them specifically for pacies. even when they are on a clip they still get knocked against stuff when they arent being sucked ...gross and take and toss baby spoons. i dont always toss but if they need to be or you happen to forget it on the table its not your good ones. disposable bibsters and stick on table mats for babies. they are great for little ones eating finger food. i pack a ziploc bag with a spoon, a bib and placemat then i dont have to go digging around for them all.

love the lid idea for ice cream drips....thats added to my list

lilybeth11602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:02 AM   #401
Ariel Wanna-be
Loves Orlando Bloom so much that, If she was still single and fancy-free, she'd be so tempted to stalk her Elf Boy!!
I have to match.. inside and out!!
Loved for the quirks thread

The Monistat Anti-Chafing gel mentioned a few pages back also works as an AWESOME makeup primer. Just spread a tiny bit on your face before you put on your base and eyeshadow, and it will make them go on much smoother, and they will last longer. Really, it's like a liquid powder.

We also use the over-the-door shoe holder, but instead of actually putting it over the bathroom door (where it blocks the mirror), we bring a couple of those plastic tie-wraps and DH hangs it from the clothes rod. Works fine.

A couple of things that we used to bring when DS was little was a container of bath confetti and some colored bath tablets. After we had run his bath, we'd drop a colored tablet in the water then sprinkle a handful of the soap confetti on top. When he came in the bathroom to bathe, we'd tell him that Tinkerbell must have visited his bath! He loved it. Sigh. He's 13 now, and I think if Tinkerbell visited his bath at this age he'd have a stroke.

There's nothing hotter than Orlando Bloom wielding some sort of weapon.
Ariel Wanna-be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:23 AM   #402
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

The first picture I take with a new memory card is of a piece of paper that I have written:
If found please call_____________ or
please mail memory card to (your address).

That way if someone finds your camera and looks at your pictures, the first one to pop up will be your information. And maybe if they decide to keep your camera, they will at least send your memory card back.
reelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:51 AM   #403
debsters41
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Wanna-be View Post
When he came in the bathroom to bathe, we'd tell him that Tinkerbell must have visited his bath! He loved it. Sigh. He's 13 now, and I think if Tinkerbell visited his bath at this age he'd have a stroke.

Thanks, that made me chuckle!

debsters41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:14 PM   #404
MegaMater
Earning My Ears

Thank you!

My BF and I just got back from our first vacacation together in DISNEY and all of your suggestions were great. It def made for a smooth sailing trip! So THANKS everyone!
MegaMater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 05:50 PM   #405
Megkel
Mouseketeer

This might sound petty or silly but I hate the soap that is left by mousekeeping. It's a circle bar of soap that always makes my hands feel gross after washing. I take my own hand soap. I actually don't use any of the products mousekeeping keeps stocked in the rooms.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: