Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2010, 08:32 PM   #316
PEANUT1
You can Fly!

Dicks sporting goods has it.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:42 PM   #317
jchrapcyn
Mouseketeer

I always pack a roll of paper towels and bring either paper towels or a small bath towel/hand towel to the park. Handy for wiping off anything wet in case it rains or sometimes dew in the morning or sweat later in the afternoon!
jchrapcyn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2010, 08:15 PM   #318
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro Z View Post
Thanks to all! I just went to amazon/body glide and found it. It was $7.99 but $5.25 for shipping. I'm gonna try a sporting goods store and Walmart again before I buy from amazon. Maybe save a few $$

Now I know what the packaging looks like and hopefully I will find it.
Maybe next time you buy something at Amazon, you could buy some body glide as well. It should help you qualify for free shipping if your order exceeds $25.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
What? 2019 or 2020? Say it ain't so!

You must "sneak in a day" next year. That's an order!
LadyBeBop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:10 PM   #319
scarlet_ibis
"GET UP AND GET ON THE BUS!"

Try amazon.com/mom. It's a free 3-month trial of Amazon Prime (free 2 day shipping). I am not sure how long they will offer it, but it's a great deal... especially with Christmas coming up.
Off-property trips circa 1999, 1991, 1981
scarlet_ibis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:54 PM   #320
danielle821
Mouseketeer

Extra clothes hangers

DH and I always bring extra hangers for the closet. Between the 2 of us and all of the "nicer" clothes that we pack for the signature restaurants, the hangers in the room tend to get used up very quickly. And if we end up not using all of them, we have some left over to hang up wet pool towels, bathing suits, belts, etc. They pack pretty flat too.

Me (33) Hubby (32) Baby Girl (6 months)
Too many trips to count as a child - August 2002: Family Vacation at POR - March 2006: Honeymoon at POR - December 2008: Family Christmas Vacation at POFQ - January 2011: Girls Trip - MIL runs her first 1/2 marathon - ASMu - April 2011: 5 Year Anniversary at WLV - October 2011: Sisters Only Trip - Di turns 30! - SSR - December 2011: Family trip to The World - OKW - December 2012: Christmas with The Mouse - AofA - April 2013: Girls Trip - offsite - November 2013: Time to Wine and Dine - offsite - July 2014: "Work" trip - WDW Dolphin
danielle821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:02 PM   #321
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBeBop View Post
Maybe next time you buy something at Amazon, you could buy some body glide as well. It should help you qualify for free shipping if your order exceeds $25.
Found it at Olympia Sports today. $9.99 but I had a 20% coupon paid $7.99
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:52 AM   #322
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekenna View Post
We are definetly pro back-pack leash. Different children need different things. DS11 never needed one, he would always stay by my side no matter what (still does), DS4 is a wild man and will bolt at the first opportunity. DS2 has non-verbal autism and does not respond to his name when called-talk about scary! To be honest, I double-dog-dare anyone to give us snide looks/rude comments for protecting our children. People need to mind their own business.

Wow-didn't mean for that to be grumpy-it just came out!
well, i am all for the leash if you have children who will run or walk away a lot. It is so easy for small children to get lost in the crowd, even in lines.

Plus, you can get some GREAT pictures!! This one was made years ago at Hollywood studios. It's still one of my favorites!! He really was trying to get away!! She played the roll perfect too!

Old 11-09-2010, 11:32 PM   #323
Elliesmommy
Mouseketeer

I love this thread!

Hotel TV remotes are disgusting. Think of all the hands that have touched them! I make sure to pack a ziploc bag to put the TV remote in as sort of a protector from all those germs.

I also pack a small spray bottle with a drop of lavender oil in it. When I get to the resort I fill the bottle up with water and now I have lavender scented water in a spray bottle to use for getting wrinkles out of clothes, freshening up clothing for multi-day use, freshening up the hotel room, and fixing up hair.

Bath fizzies are important too! I always spend a few bucks on some nice bath fizzies with essential oils so I can sit on the edge of the tub and soak my feet after a long day of walking.

Elliesmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:28 AM   #324
MHSweb79
DIS Veteran

For those who can't find Body Glide locally, WalMart and Target have something called Monistat Chafing-Relief Powder/ Gel (or somesuch). It's only about 5 bucks and it is a truly miraculous product. Look for it with the other Monistat (yeast infection) stuff but it isn't used for that, honest!

My DD and my MIL both tried it and made me buy them their own!
MHSweb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:07 AM   #325
RoseColoredGlasses
Earning My Ears

I do the suitcase in a suitcase thing but I also pack a vacuum seal bag (the ones where you suck all the air out of to make it tiny, and a hair dryer with a reverse setting. Its small and works great when your souvenirs take up all the space for clothes. The hair dryer is great, don't remember where we found it, and takes the place of the vacuum.

I also bring my all purpose kit with needles/thread. a couple extra buttons, a small piece of velcro (for when I don't have enough time to sew), tide-2-go, chap stick (sunburn lips are the worst), and ear plugs (you never know when there will be a fireworks show ) among other 'normal' things.

Great idea with the dripping lids too!
RoseColoredGlasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:00 AM   #326
nursetinagb
Earning My Ears

Such great ideas!! I've added quite a few to my list! And now I think my husband thinks I'm even more nuts for all the things I have on it!

One question though. Where do you get these??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragontears View Post
When DD was “too big” for the “leash”, we got the bracelets for her and me that have the little squiggly bungee thing in between. That way I always knew when she got “sidetracked” so as not to keep walking while she stopped to check things out.

She loved the freedom, I loved the piece of mind.

Have a great trip!!!
I'll admit I've always been kind of anti-leash but we have a challenging two year old who likes to be independent and do what his big brothers do. So now I'm thinking about the bracelet and/or leash to bring with "just in case" for sanity's sake. Otherwise it could be a long week!!

Planning our third trip to WDW March 2013

nursetinagb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:01 PM   #327
DisneyFreakz
Earning My Ears

we also bring ziploc bags and i never leave without my calendars of information with dates and times.
DisneyFreakz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:32 PM   #328
schriverl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursetinagb View Post
Such great ideas!! I've added quite a few to my list! And now I think my husband thinks I'm even more nuts for all the things I have on it!

One question though. Where do you get these??

I'll admit I've always been kind of anti-leash but we have a challenging two year old who likes to be independent and do what his big brothers do. So now I'm thinking about the bracelet and/or leash to bring with "just in case" for sanity's sake. Otherwise it could be a long week!!
A few years ago I got my daughters at Walmart. It was red with Elmo on the packaging. But never needed it. Went to get one for my runaway almost 2 year old a few weeks ago and couldn't find one. Got him the monkey leash. Now I see they have mickey/minnie leashes at kohls.com

schriverl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:08 PM   #329
noahdove
DIS Veteran

Target has them. My DD got an adorable monkey one for her little girl. And I might add, Mia loved it
Old 11-15-2010, 08:06 AM   #330
schriverl
Mouseketeer

Making quite a long list from all these great tips. Thank you everyone. Something I like to bring is a sippy cup strap I found at Kohls to attach the cup to the stroller. Love it for when my son wants to playing the dropping game!

schriverl is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: