Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2010, 05:22 PM   #271
dsnyrn
disneyRN

Thanks for the great idea for the Bobbles!! Will be getting 2 for our trip!! TY
dsnyrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 05:26 PM   #272
high meadows
Mouseketeer

A small or a tiny Baggallini-type purse for charging cards and sunglasses. Neither will stay in a pocket long. I take a few business cards because we always need to write down someone's name or give them ours.
Great idea to take the Crystal Lite; hydration becomes very important!
high meadows is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2010, 10:06 PM   #273
MJonesMBA2001
Mouseketeer

Body Glide

I'm not sure if this has been said yet, but - Body Glide.

I am a runner and use Body Glide for long runs, but, for those of you who don't know what Body Glide is, it is an anti-chafing stick that looks like a small thing of deodorant. You can get a small thing of it at most sporting goods stores in the running section for about $4.00. You put it on your feet, legs, and any areas that rub together or rub your clothing (don't want to get too graphic here) and it amazingly keeps blisters or chafing from happening.

It's been something I have been very thankful to have with me on recent trips!
Old 10-04-2010, 11:34 PM   #274
Friendly Frog
DIS veteran with a mouse on her back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by formytinkerbelle View Post
I will also be bringing the monkey backpack (leash for lack of better terms) for my 18 month old because he will want to walk around, but boy they are so fast. I don't care if I get strange looks for harnessing my child!
Just a FYI, when I see a child with one of these on, my thought is GREAT PARENT! I think they are wonderful. So much easier on the child than holding their hand, and so much safer for them too.
Friendly Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:17 AM   #275
Fabooliss
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keri125 View Post
I totally agree with this, and I don't care if people judge me either! When my DS (now 5) was around that age, we had the monkey backpack and harness. I only had to use it twice, but both times it turned what would have been an extremely stressful outing into something that was fun for all of us. He was so little that he could zip around other people's legs while I was still trying to catch up, and with the harness he still felt like a "big boy" that could walk but I had peace of mind. Loved it (and ashamed to say, I actuall questioned myself for about two seconds whether I could get away with using it on him this trip - then did decide that was a bit of overkill! )
We had the monkey backpack for my DS, when we went, when he was 2 1/2.... He'd much rather have the freedom of the "leash" than have to hold my hand or be strapped in the stroller. We have the best photo of him and Aladdin chatting about his pet monkey!
Hmmm.... it would be handy to have it this trip (he doesn't run away anymore, but does get easily distracted still) , but at 6 1/2 I think he'd refuse!

Disneyland March 2014
POP Feb 2007, Jan 2011
Wonder Feb 2, 2013
Fabooliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:06 AM   #276
Disneywedding2010
DIS Veteran

I never used one of the "leashes" on my daughter however I think they are a great idea. If I saw a little kid in the park with one on I'd honestly not be phased by it. I think its smart and if it makes the kid happier because they are able to walk around and have a little bit of freedom then everyone is happy. Kid is happy cause they can walk around and parent is happy cause they don't have to fear of the kid darting off and getting lost.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:16 AM   #277
Fabooliss
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneywedding2010 View Post
I never used one of the "leashes" on my daughter however I think they are a great idea. If I saw a little kid in the park with one on I'd honestly not be phased by it. I think its smart and if it makes the kid happier because they are able to walk around and have a little bit of freedom then everyone is happy. Kid is happy cause they can walk around and parent is happy cause they don't have to fear of the kid darting off and getting lost.

I didn't use one for my daughter either, she never needed it. Because of that I will hang my head and admit that I was one of those thinking not-so-nice things about people having kids on leashes...
My son was a whole different story!!!! Completely changed my mind, cause boy did I need it!!! And he LOVED the freedom!

Disneyland March 2014
POP Feb 2007, Jan 2011
Wonder Feb 2, 2013
Fabooliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:14 PM   #278
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

remote - butt cheeks - what? For the rest of my life, remote goes in a baggie!

Toilet rag - wiping glasses - in the name of..... I am already a germ-o-phobe, this just added to it.

I'm glad to see most people bring clorox wipes, lysol etc., people usually make fun of me for my 'clean' habit, but I have found support in this thread!

We eat breakfast in our room, so packable snacks, including peanut butter (a spoonful will do ya!) are a must. I also MUST have Monster trail mix from Target for the airplane and room, it's a tradition! And lots of sugarfree gum!

People, protect your skin, sunscreen daily, year round, but especially at WDW where you are outside so much. I like the little sticks for my park bag to re-apply on the noses and cheeks.

I prefer slippers for the room (again a germ thing a bit) that can be washed when I get home.

We are a week away, can't wait! Thanks for all the tips!
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

DisneyDoc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:41 PM   #279
tukogirl
Mouseketeer

Lately everywhere I go I've been carrying a good natural chapstick like product with spf. You can use it for so many things...using it in your part to protect your head from sun damage (ever try to put liquid sunscreen on just your part?), use it on the tops of your ears and on the tops of your cheeks where you get a lot of sun reflection. If you've got a spot in your shoe rubbing your foot it will tide you over with minimal pain until you can get a bandage on there. If someone has been sick/had a runny nose and under their nose is sore from all of the wiping it will help soothe the spot. In a pinch I've even used on my thighs for chafing

Granted you don't to put this chapstick back on your mouth after you've used it for any the above, so I buy a different brand for my lips so there is no confusion
tukogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:24 AM   #280
bcvmargs
Mouseketeer

I bring a wireless router so I can have the wireless in my room which is only hard lined right now.
bcvmargs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:44 AM   #281
Dragontears
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by formytinkerbelle View Post
I will also be bringing the monkey backpack (leash for lack of better terms) for my 18 month old because he will want to walk around, but boy they are so fast. I don't care if I get strange looks for harnessing my child!
I never realized that people give you dirty looks for this. (I guess I must have ignored them back in the day)

But now I think I might just go out of my way to give a to those parents considerate enough to use these.

Because that is what you are doing. - being considerate of your child's feelings while insuring their safety. For that matter, it is considerate to everyone around you as well; you know where your child is and what he/she is doing. IE: not running into folks or getting dangerously underfoot.

When DD was “too big” for the “leash”, we got the bracelets for her and me that have the little squiggly bungee thing in between. That way I always knew when she got “sidetracked” so as not to keep walking while she stopped to check things out.

She loved the freedom, I loved the piece of mind.

Have a great trip!!!
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. what a ride!'

Last edited by Dragontears; 10-07-2010 at 09:51 AM.
Dragontears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:52 AM   #282
Dragontears
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcvmargs View Post
I bring a wireless router so I can have the wireless in my room which is only hard lined right now.
Oooooh ... great idea.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. what a ride!'

Dragontears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 02:26 PM   #283
taymaesmom
DIS Veteran

I take those cheap plastic hangers that shorts usually come on at the store, the ones with the squeeze clips on each end. I love them to hang up beach towels and wet bathing suits on the shower rod. They dry so much faster that way! But beware because housekeeping through them away in the middle of our last trip!
taymaesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:53 PM   #284
dsnyrn
disneyRN

Thank you all so much for the great tips. just purchased 2 bobbles, lysol spray and wiped for room and packing binder clips. Just love this forum!! the best on the web!!!
dsnyrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:53 PM   #285
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Wow THANK YOU to everyone who posted their suggestions to this thread!

We're leaving next Tuesday for WDW and now I have to go home and repack!

I was going to bring my Brita water pitcher but we were concerned that it wouldn't actually remove that sulphur taste from the water. The Bobbles are a perfect alternative!

Also - the vinyl/flannel tablecloth! I can't believe no one ever mentioned that before! We somehow always manage to find ourselves sitting in something so this will, literally, save our backsides!
Simba22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: