Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2010, 02:40 PM   #256
Brandi1leigh
Mouseketeer

I haven't seen this yet. I bring some disposable silverware. We often have leftovers or buy a treat at night to eat for breakfast the next morning.
Brandi1leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:33 PM   #257
sesame_123
Mouseketeer

Wow!! Thanks for all the great ideas for our upcoming trip. I just recently found this site and it is fabulous. This tread is wonderful and here is my contribution to it. We like to bring a craft/tackle/?? organizer box. This is about the size of large hardcover book. It is great for packing snacks and those crystal light packets in the backpack. They keep everything nicely organized as well as providing crush protection. We can bring crackers and nutrigrain bars and lots of things without being smashed to bits. Please keep the great ideas coming!!
sesame_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2010, 08:45 PM   #258
dunbarfamily
I'm a proud homebirthing crunchy mama who loves Walt Disney World!

I really, really like having a pair of scissors. Cutting tags off things (after they are bought, of course!!), opening those pesky little packages of gummy Mickey heads without ripping the bag and spilling them all over the place, opening our Owner's Locker....I just really like having the scissors. Just a teensy tiny pair will do. They are handy.

Our next trip: April 27-May 2 2014
Past trips:1-13 Pop Century/1-12 BLT/10-11 AK/2-11 BLT & DCL/2-10 DCL & VWL/10-09 AS Movies/5-09 AS Movies/12-08 OKW/5-08 AS Sports/1-08 DCL& Villas at WL/9-07 AS Movies/12-06 AS Music/11-05 Offsite
And too many trips to count with grandma & papa when I was little

DVC members since June '07 at Animal Kingdom & Founding Members at Bay Lake

dunbarfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 03:08 PM   #259
HumanAnimal
Earning My Ears

I NEVER use the kettles or cups provided in Hotel or Villa/Condo. I bring my own travel kettle and disposable cups. This is ever since I saw a reality show where some drunk holiday makers used the kettle to pee in!! and then they poured it in a cup !! Disgusting, it put me off for life! You just never know what's gone on in your room before you were there.... best not to think about it too much !

Oh, and I REALLY love the tip about bringing a needle and using Dental Floss instead of cotton! Genius idea!! That was somewhere about 18 pages ago !

Last edited by HumanAnimal; 10-01-2010 at 03:42 PM.
HumanAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 03:19 PM   #260
debsters41
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanAnimal View Post
I NEVER use the kettles or cups provided in Hotel or Villa/Condo. I bring my own travel kettle and disposable cups. This is ever since I saw a reality show where some drunk holiday makers used the kettle to pee in!! and then they poured it in a cup !! Disgusting, it put me off for life! You just never know what's gone on in your room before you were there.... best not to think about it too much !
I never would have thought of such a thing!!
Old 10-01-2010, 04:07 PM   #261
keri125
Mouseketeer

I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by formytinkerbelle View Post
[COLOR="Sienna"]

I will also be bringing the monkey backpack (leash for lack of better terms) for my 18 month old because he will want to walk around, but boy they are so fast. I don't care if I get strange looks for harnessing my child!
I totally agree with this, and I don't care if people judge me either! When my DS (now 5) was around that age, we had the monkey backpack and harness. I only had to use it twice, but both times it turned what would have been an extremely stressful outing into something that was fun for all of us. He was so little that he could zip around other people's legs while I was still trying to catch up, and with the harness he still felt like a "big boy" that could walk but I had peace of mind. Loved it (and ashamed to say, I actuall questioned myself for about two seconds whether I could get away with using it on him this trip - then did decide that was a bit of overkill! )
Old 10-01-2010, 05:47 PM   #262
kristytru
A dream is a wish your heart makes...

BOBBLES water bottles. they have their own filter, so you can use tap water in florida (unheard of before I found these). they work like a little brita pitcher. We have tested them on Jersey shore water and all the bad taste disappears. Now, we don't have to buy cases of water, though we will probably still bring our brita pitcher to keep some already cold water int he fridge. You can find them in JCPenney.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:58 PM   #263
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

See all the more reason for me to put the tv remote in a ziplock bag after watching the youtube video of the guy putting it in his butt checks and trying to change the channel.
We always bring disposable cups after watching our local news team who put a hidden camera in a hotel room and it caught the maid using the same rag that she just used to clean the toilet, to clean the glasses in the room. YUCK

On a side note I carry a binder clips. great for closing a bag of snacks. pinning curtains shut. or clipping clothes to the clothes line to dry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanAnimal View Post

Oh, and I REALLY love the tip about bringing a needle and using Dental Floss instead of cotton! Genius idea!! That was somewhere about 18 pages ago !

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014
Shelly F - Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:15 PM   #264
HumanAnimal
Earning My Ears

Oh Jeez, the remote is definitely going in a plastic bag!!
HumanAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:16 PM   #265
ilovepete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cglaura View Post
I take a stack of lids from take-out drinks. If you turn it upside down and insert a popsicle or mickey bar through the straw x-cut, then the lid will catch any drips!
Brilliant!
Old 10-01-2010, 08:18 PM   #266
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

You pack cream cheese in your luggage! Yuck must taste awful after being unfridgerated and in the hot luggage compartment of a plane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumiere Lover View Post
A Toaster! Even though we are on the meal plan, we eat breakfast in the room. I hate to miss morning park hours because we are eating.

I buy a toaster from Wal-Mart ($7), and bring it down. We also bring down bagels, cream cheese, and english muffins for breakfast (we can get jelly at the resort). When it's time to leave, I have a toaster box to fill if we have have fragile items, and there is room in the luggage because the food/toaster/paper plates are gone.

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014
Shelly F - Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:01 PM   #267
noahdove
DIS Veteran

I take lysol spray and spray everything that my hand will touch, including the phone, remote, faucet in sink and tub, and handle on toilet, door knobs all doors actually just about everything in the room

noahdove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:15 AM   #268
MommaPooh
Mouseketeer

Subbing

Contemporary - 1982
All-Star Sports - 12/2001
Off-Site - 10/2002
All-Star Sports - 12/2002
Contemporary - 12/2003
All-Star Sports - 12/2004
All-Star Sports - 12/2006
Coronado Springs - 12/2009
Pop Century - 12/2010
POFQ - 12/2011
CBR - 12/2012

MommaPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:15 PM   #269
heart goes boOm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristytru View Post
BOBBLES water bottles. they have their own filter, so you can use tap water in florida (unheard of before I found these). they work like a little brita pitcher. We have tested them on Jersey shore water and all the bad taste disappears. Now, we don't have to buy cases of water, though we will probably still bring our brita pitcher to keep some already cold water int he fridge. You can find them in JCPenney.
thanks for the idea! i was toying with the idea of bringing a tiny brita pitcher but this is so much better! i got mine from bloomingdales since i had a gc with $19!
heart goes boOm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:33 PM   #270
Clochette nordique
DIS Veteran

Bobbles

Got mine at "Canadian Tires". Of course, I live up north!

sniff, sniff, no ticker!

DLParis - Août 2017 ; DCL-Magic Greece - Août 2017
WDW-POR - Novembre 2013 ; DCL-Fantasy Western Caribbean - Novembre 2013
DL-Paradise Pier - Février 2012 ; DCL-Wonder Mexican Riviera - Février 2012
WDW-Poly - Mai 2011 ; DCL-Dream Bahamas - Mai 2011
Clochette nordique is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: