Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2010, 11:05 PM   #181
ILoveMyGirls
DIS Veteran

I had no clue there were sharpies that clicked.

Was going to let the girls take all of their pins but not since I read this, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavdav View Post

SHARPIE - the click kind, with a retractable tip. that way, you don't have to keep track of a top when getting autographs.

We pick out what pins we are going to trade the night before, put them on the lanyards, so they are ready to roll in the morning. We have lost many of pins, so now we only let the boys wear pins they want to trade and 1 or 2 that they like.
ILoveMyGirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:45 AM   #182
Emsabems
Earning My Ears

Disposable trash bags - they are marketed for cleaning up dog poop or diapers. They come 100 for $1 and are small but always useful - can save a bit on ziplocs by using these when a waterproof seal isn't needed.

Instead of bringing autograph books I bought both the boys (3 & 5yrs) white bucket hats. We travel with sharpies and they are getting a nice autograph collection! (Good tip from pp about no green sharpies - thanks!)

Some great ideas in here! Thanks to all the posters!

EmsaBems
Emsabems is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2010, 05:06 AM   #183
ILoveMyGirls
DIS Veteran

i am thinking about doing this, let me know your thoughts. instead of the misters that are out there as i can't find one with good reviews, i'm thinking of freezing water bottles, wetting a couple of wash cloths with cold water and squeezing them out, to carry in a zip lock bag with one frozen water bottle to keep them cold. this might be a good way to cool off while walking around the park. if my husband or kiddos get too hot, they can take out their own wash cloth and refresh their faces/neck with it to cool down. we are staying in a condo so we will have a freezer.

thoughts?
Old 08-18-2010, 08:36 PM   #184
noahdove
DIS Veteran

Wow!!! I can't believe what things I have missed I now have another list going..thank you all

noahdove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:24 PM   #185
free2div
Mouseketeer

things to carry

We carry water or soda koozies with clips to clip on our belt...we drive so we bring our Kuerig coffee maker and all the coffee fixins..cups with tops to take with us. also a cooler....cargo pants or shorts are a must for us..cant imagine what you can get in those pockets. dollar store ponchos 2 in a pack for 1.00. of course ziploc bags..extra batteries...snacks like granola bars...we have the belt type carriers for our cameras and my husbands glucose meter..fits perfectly in one and he can wear it on his belt. sometimes a fanny pack instead of a purse.....and of course a mini medicine cabinet
free2div is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:27 PM   #186
mavdav
Wife of Disney Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMyGirls View Post
I had no clue there were sharpies that clicked.

Was going to let the girls take all of their pins but not since I read this, thanks.
So glad I could help! I buy the Sharpies at office supply stores, craft stores and sometimes I can find them at Walmart and Target. Good time to find them now since school supplies are on sale!

I just recently bought a "shadowbox" type frame with a pincushion type back...I display all our favorite pins with a photo in the background and they hang upstairs in the playroom. This way we have something to do with the fun pins we have collected!

Boardwalk 9/06 - Saratoga Springs 2/07 - Pop 9/07 - Marriot Horizon 12/07 - Saratoga Springs 2/08 - DCL 2/08 - Saratoga Springs 5/08 - Saratoga Springs 9/08 - Beach Club 9/08 - Pop 9/08 - Pop 9/09 - DCL 10/09 Marriott Grande Vista 12/09 - AKL 3/10 - Pop 10/10 - MNSSHP 10/10, MNSSHP 10/11 - Marriott Courtyard 10/11 - DCL 10/11 - POP 10/12
mavdav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:38 PM   #187
ILoveMyGirls
DIS Veteran

since i am handicapped i bought them online, probably pricey but they are on their way for our upcoming trip!!!!

i love your idea for the pins too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavdav View Post
So glad I could help! I buy the Sharpies at office supply stores, craft stores and sometimes I can find them at Walmart and Target. Good time to find them now since school supplies are on sale!

I just recently bought a "shadowbox" type frame with a pincushion type back...I display all our favorite pins with a photo in the background and they hang upstairs in the playroom. This way we have something to do with the fun pins we have collected!
Old 08-19-2010, 08:44 PM   #188
ilovepete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleMouse View Post
-Swimmers Ear drops
-Garlic Mullein drops in case anyone's ears start hurting - perfect way to keep an ear infection away
- Boiron Arnicare Cream - works like a dream for pain - including sunburn
- Boiron Bitecare Gel - stops itching from bug bites
- Vitamin C and/or magnesium for those who tend to get constipated when away from home
- Capsules of Olive leaf extract should anyone catch a bug/virus
- Digestive enzymes to help digest eating way too much

Love the ideas I picked up in this thread! Thanks!!
A girl after my own heart!! I thought I was the only one who brought all of these "crunchy" things!!
Old 08-19-2010, 09:02 PM   #189
ILoveMyGirls
DIS Veteran

this is the best forum thread
Old 08-20-2010, 07:58 AM   #190
ChelleMouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovepete View Post
A girl after my own heart!! I thought I was the only one who brought all of these "crunchy" things!!
Thanks! When the crunchy stuff works, it works!
Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani Village - Sept 2010
Wilderness Lodge - Sept 2001
Caribbean Beach Resort & Grand Floridian too...
ChelleMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:17 PM   #191
msp2mco
Mouseketeer

So many good ideas are listed here!

I always bring the extra power cord.

We usually are in a DVC villa, so I bring a sea salt grinder and pepper grinder with me. I've also been known to bring extra ice cube trays, but my DH made fun of me, so I stopped doing that.
msp2mco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:23 AM   #192
giggygirl
Earning My Ears

This is the best thread I've read on the DIS boards!

I want to add a couple things that I hope will be useful for someone.

I always pack a small scissors and a little swiss army knife. The scissors has especially come in handy on every trip we've done.

Because we have to fly across the pacific and the weight restrictions on the luggage are so strict, we get to the post office near Disney and get a few flat rate boxes. We've used those boxes to mail home among other things, bags of trail mix that we buy at Trader Joe's and Bath and Body Works products.

We always pack a Sharpie and will take the advice on the boards, of having it with us in Disney for autographs. I also bring my own japanese style nylon wash cloth and for the kids a small bath puffy. We love the way they foam up and leave us feeling that much cleaner.

One last thing, I have an added use for the wipies that we bring along... I use them to remove eye makeup! (one less beauty product to pack!)

That's it... love this thread, looking forward to more great ideas!
giggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:43 AM   #193
DisneyLindsay
Mouseketeer

I will be packing my lavendar essential oil, to put on the mattresses, pillows and around the carpet in the corners of the room. (you only need a drop or 2 in each corner) I am terrified of bed bugs and if they are present they will not come near where the lavendar essential oil is.

I also love the packing cubes, they give me lots more room in the suitcase and keep things nice and neatly organized. I also save the plastic holders of bed sheets and pillow cases (you know the zip up kind) and I use them to pack other essential items in (one pack of little swimmers, one for diapers, one for a medicine bag.
I also pack shampoo and conditioner and body wash in their own ziplock baggies, so that if they leak they will not get on anything else in the suitcase.

I noticed that someone on here spoke about the misting water bottle fans. We bought one in the parks last year and it is still going strong, we replaced the batteries and we will definitely be bringing it with us on this trip. I also will be bringing some King cole tea with us on this trip also!!

DH ME
DS DD DD DS
DisneyLindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:27 PM   #194
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLindsay View Post
I will be packing my lavendar essential oil, to put on the mattresses, pillows and around the carpet in the corners of the room. (you only need a drop or 2 in each corner) I am terrified of bed bugs and if they are present they will not come near where the lavendar essential oil is.
Please don't! I know with my asthma if I rented the room after you were in it and had put any scented oil on the bedding, I would be miserable. Spending my whole vacation sucking on my inhalor, or worse, would be no fun!

Please have a little consideration for those who will be in the room after you. You should never spread or sprinkle anything scented around the room or in the bedding.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:35 PM   #195
Naisy68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Please don't! I know with my asthma if I rented the room after you were in it and had put any scented oil on the bedding, I would be miserable. Spending my whole vacation sucking on my inhalor, or worse, would be no fun!

Please have a little consideration for those who will be in the room after you. You should never spread or sprinkle anything scented around the room or in the bedding.
I too am allergic to certain scents, lavendar being one of them I would also have to switch rooms if it were too strong. HOWEVER, I do appreciate the idea for trying to keep the creepy crawlies at bay.
2008 -CSR & The Poly / 2009 - SSR
2010 - CBR - great time!!
Naisy68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: