Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2010, 02:54 PM   #76
Blanche_Neige
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenGC View Post
Aww it is always nice to have a wonderful hubby!! What cat room did you get? If you booked at cat 4, you are good. I had 8550 booked but when we decided to do the B2B, I wanted to save a tad bit of money and get the same room (8550 was already booked) so we downgraded to a cat 5. We are in 8556 which is actually better because it is closer to the elevator (HEY! the extra steps goes a long way! ok...yes I am lazy. I admit it). I am sure you are going to LOVE the verandah. I am soooo looking forward to it. The cat 4 sleeps 5 which is two bunk beds then one that comes out across the verandah entrance. You guys should be fine :D
I believe it is a Cat 4 (lowest cat that allow 5 people), we are in # 8528 right beside the HUGE suite.
Jan 2008 - ASMovies
Jan 2009 - ASMovies
Jan 2010 - ASMusic
Sept 2010- ASMovies & Disney Wonder (1st cruise)
March 2011- All Star Sports + 1st trip to US offsite
Oct 2011 - Dream + POP + MNSSHP
March 2012 - US offsite + DTD shopping spree
Feb 2013 - Disneyland off site 1st time!
March 2014 - DCL Dream
March 2015 - ASMusic
Blanche_Neige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 02:57 PM   #77
JenGC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanche_Neige View Post
I believe it is a Cat 4 (lowest cat that allow 5 people), we are in # 8528 right beside the HUGE suite.
Nniiiiccee!! And if it gets too crowded, you can always boot someone out on the veranda. Better yet, YOU can sleep there so you wont hear them leave! See I am FULL of ideas!!
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2010, 03:00 PM   #78
tinkerbell87512
I would love to hear all about these secrets!

That's crazy that the lowest cat for a family of 5 is a 4. I would of thought maybe at least a cat 10! Traveling anywhere with a family of 5 is tough, since everything is based on 4.

I'm also in the second dinner seating.

June 1992 August 2000 February 2002 July 2004 July 2005 June 2006 July 2007 October 2007 May 2008 & DCL November 2008 May 2009 Sept/Oct 2010 & DCL November 2011 August 2013 October 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler!
tinkerbell87512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:11 PM   #79
Blanche_Neige
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell87512 View Post
That's crazy that the lowest cat for a family of 5 is a 4. I would of thought maybe at least a cat 10! Traveling anywhere with a family of 5 is tough, since everything is based on 4.

I'm also in the second dinner seating.
On the Dream the lowest is Cat 8 (with Porthole), it seems more affordable than the Magic or Wonder
It is the same price to get 2 connecting inside staterooms with virtual portholes. There seems to be s lot more connecting rooms on the Dream. No "real" view but you get 2 rooms, 2 tv's, 2 bathrooms for the same price

I was planning on sailing on the Dream in March but DH could not get the week off.

Now we get to go earlier
Jan 2008 - ASMovies
Jan 2009 - ASMovies
Jan 2010 - ASMusic
March 2014 - DCL Dream
March 2015 - ASMusic
Old 06-23-2010, 03:18 PM   #80
tinkerbell87512

Quote:
On the Dream the lowest is Cat 8 (with Porthole), it seems more affordable than the Magic or Wonder
It is the same price to get 2 connecting inside staterooms with virtual portholes. There seems to be s lot more connecting rooms on the Dream. No "real" view but you get 2 rooms, 2 tv's, 2 bathrooms for the same price

I was planning on sailing on the Dream in March but DH could not get the week off.

Now we get to go earlier
Thats good! I was looking at the Dream for next year and it seems SO much cheaper. I wonder why that is. Maybe they are trying to sell it out? Those virtual portholes sound so cool! I'm excited to read the reports/reviews once the Dream sets sail.

June 1992 August 2000 February 2002 July 2004 July 2005 June 2006 July 2007 October 2007 May 2008 & DCL November 2008 May 2009 Sept/Oct 2010 & DCL November 2011 August 2013 October 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler!
Old 06-23-2010, 03:44 PM   #81
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

Quote:
YAY!! DOUBLE DIGITS!! We are home free now!

I am in second seating if you want to sit with us. They will adjoin our seating schedule if we request it. It will be all women so tell your husband to brace himself! lol And if you start missing your kids, you can love on mine. She will let you hehe
Hey what about us? We have no kids and my husband is a guy!

How many can sit at a table anyway? Its sounds like there's a bunch of us with late seating.
Lorelei528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:47 PM   #82
JenGC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei528 View Post
Hey what about us? We have no kids and my husband is a guy!

How many can sit at a table anyway? Its sounds like there's a bunch of us with late seating.
I dont know. I have heard of a family of 4 getting their own table and I have heard of a family of 4 sitting with another family of 4. I know they have big and little tables but I am SURE we are not the only ones that would want a big group to sit together. I will call and ask.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:55 PM   #83
JenGC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I dont know. I have heard of a family of 4 getting their own table and I have heard of a family of 4 sitting with another family of 4. I know they have big and little tables but I am SURE we are not the only ones that would want a big group to sit together. I will call and ask.
OK just got off the phone with Disney. She said that there is a max of 8 per table but they can sit us all in the same area if we want and we can also change up people sitting at each table so you can talk to someone new. She said that all of those that booked through DU needs to go through them and link up the reservation numbers and those that havent, do the same with their TA or call Disney if you booked through them. She said that we should do it a couple of days before the cruise.

She also said it was best not to schedule too many excursions together. Not sure why. I stopped listening since I dont plan on going to Nassau or staying on Castaway cay for very long. Was that rude of me?
Old 06-23-2010, 04:24 PM   #84
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

I like this idea! I'd rather sit with people I "know".

We are going to try and do Palo one night but still may make it to dinner anyway!

We are planning on doing a couple of excursions.

Nassau-the Catamran Snorkel trip
and CC the Stingray thingy and parasailing.

That's it though. I think on the Nassau day after the snorkel, we'll come back to the boat and relax and have fun!
Old 06-23-2010, 04:33 PM   #85
JenGC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei528 View Post
I like this idea! I'd rather sit with people I "know".

We are going to try and do Palo one night but still may make it to dinner anyway!

We are planning on doing a couple of excursions.

Nassau-the Catamran Snorkel trip
and CC the Stingray thingy and parasailing.

That's it though. I think on the Nassau day after the snorkel, we'll come back to the boat and relax and have fun!
LOL I say go for it! It's not like we will have this opportunity every day! Live it up!

OK I will add to the FE list who wants to sit together in first or second seating. I have me, Lori, cruisecrasher, Blanche_Neige are you and your klan in? I am going to say that 9 chances out of 10, my daughter will not be sitting with us at dinner. I am pretty sure she will eat in the lab and they eat around 6 or so (which is fine with me. 8 pm dinner is MUCH later than at out house).
Old 06-23-2010, 04:35 PM   #86
tinkerbell87512

Could I link up with you guys as well? I don't mind eating solo at wdw but for some reason I'm iffy about it on the ship. Maybe because there are others at the table. I would rather "know" some people!

Also Lorelei I was thinking about doing the parasailing too! I've read some great things about it and it seems to be quite the experience!

Old 06-23-2010, 05:02 PM   #87
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

I have been parasailing once in Jamaica but DH has never been! I can't wait to take him!! tee hee!!!

I bet we have like 2 tables of peeps at this point! Cool!
Old 06-23-2010, 06:39 PM   #88
Blanche_Neige
DIS Veteran

Quote:
LOL I say go for it! It's not like we will have this opportunity every day! Live it up!

OK I will add to the FE list who wants to sit together in first or second seating. I have me, Lori, cruisecrasher, Blanche_Neige are you and your klan in? I am going to say that 9 chances out of 10, my daughter will not be sitting with us at dinner. I am pretty sure she will eat in the lab and they eat around 6 or so (which is fine with me. 8 pm dinner is MUCH later than at out house).
We have first seating, my kids have their routine and yes I try to stick to it even on vacation.

As dinner can be sometimes a little hectic, I would be mortified to ruin someone else's dinner . Please don't be offended but I would prefer to not sit with another family

I am hoping they will eat at lease one evening at the club that would give DH and I much needed alone time
Jan 2008 - ASMovies
Jan 2009 - ASMovies
Jan 2010 - ASMusic
March 2014 - DCL Dream
March 2015 - ASMusic
Old 06-23-2010, 09:18 PM   #89
JenGC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We have first seating, my kids have their routine and yes I try to stick to it even on vacation.

As dinner can be sometimes a little hectic, I would be mortified to ruin someone else's dinner . Please don't be offended but I would prefer to not sit with another family

I am hoping they will eat at lease one evening at the club that would give DH and I much needed alone time
FINE! I DONT CARE! EAT WITH YOURSELF!!

hehehe Jokin!
Old 06-23-2010, 09:28 PM   #90
Webmiester
Bring me that horizon...

Wow I skip one day and look how much I miss!

Ok, so unless you book in advance, you almost always get the late seating. However, you can change to the early seating if you want.

Here are some (unfortunately wordy) thoughts I have on it. These are catered to us and having a 3 yo peanut.

We always immediately go to the restaurant where you can make/change things and switch to the early dinner. Lots of people who get early switch to late later so they don't have to rush back from the port to eat. I find that odd because then you'd just have to rush back for the show...not sure there's a difference.
We do early because that way peanut can eat at a relatively normal time and then start the 'crashing' process during the show. If she were to eat at 8pm, she wouldn't crash until at least 10 or so and that wouldn't fly with DW.

Anyone who wants to eat with us in the early seating, we can coordinate that once we're onboard. As long as we're not seated with folks who have poor personal hygene or horrible manners! lol!
Last cruise we were seated with a couple from Cali, he is a police chief in a cute town near wher I lived out there, she was as sweet as can be. They had a daughter who was just a tad younger than peanut but they got along great. We still keep in touch via Facebook to this day! I think that unless you arrange something different, they try to seat people with others like them, kids similar ages, etc.

Don't forget....you can always skip and eat at the buffet thing or near the pool if burgers and hot dogs are your thing....oh yeah and chicken fingers.

Last edited by Webmiester; 06-23-2010 at 09:38 PM.
Webmiester is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: