Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-22-2010, 02:19 PM   #46
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,960

Oh, and it's just me(28) and DH(30). We're leaving the kiddos with the grandparents. And we are GTY cat 12 as well, so no room number for a bit yet, I guess.
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:21 PM   #47
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,960

Jen, glad someone else is a little...shall we say...detail oriented
I'm already working on our door decorations...So excited!
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-22-2010, 02:25 PM   #48
JenGC
DIS Veteran
 
JenGC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,724

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post
Jen, glad someone else is a little...shall we say...detail oriented
I'm already working on our door decorations...So excited!
Oh dear. I am getting so bad, I am afraid I am going to get fired for lack of production!! (not really but you can see how much time I am wasting on here! ack!!) Yeah I am a little OCD not a lot but a little....did you see that bunny run across the road? I like waffles. Do you like waffles? What was I saying? hehe

Yes I "ordered" my door decorations from ****** and co. in May. I add one here and there. Now I am going to bombard him again with a whole new cruise! The poor thing.

Can we go now? HUh? can we?
__________________
JenGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:25 PM   #49
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,960

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTexan View Post
It sounds like our group is growing, happy to see. Our gang is me (Alex-42), Amy (30-something), Ali (14) and Ashleigh (12) all lodging in #6545.

If you hadn't noticed, we are the "A" family. Even the dogs name starts with an "A" (Annie), but she will be staying at home.

We will most likely bring something from the Lone Star state.
Cool! Another Texan! We're just north of Houston but are originally from north of Dfw. Wanted to bring my sweet tea cupcakes, but the packet I got yesterday says no homemade food can be brought onboard. (Lame)
Did you see the poll that they are considering doing future itineraries out of Houston? That would be so much easier.
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:42 PM   #50
Webmiester
Bring me that horizon...
 
Webmiester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 296

Just remember, the FE gifts should fit in the 'little' pocket(s) on the FE.

I'm just trying to imagine someone stuffing tinfoil wrapped muffins in the small pocket...lol

I'm glad to see this group growing!

I just saw a bunny eating waffles in the road....Jen is that yours?
__________________
Webmiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:44 PM   #51
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran
 
Lorelei528's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 2,295

Wait! I still don't understand something about FE's! (And 2 other things)

Ok...


1. So, are we assigned someone (or cabin) to give "gifts" to or do we just have a list and give to anyone or everyone that we'd like to?

2. Lorelei-Packet? What packet??! I didn't get a packet!! I want to know all about what you got!!! Tell me, please! (I wonder if we're going to get one!)...(Can you tell I'm gettting excited for the cruise?)

3. I wasn't going to do door decorations...do you think I should? If so, where can I order from etc. I am totally clueless.

Does anyone else have the late seating for dinner besides us? and
Lorelei528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:58 PM   #52
shwarren70
DIS Veteran
 
shwarren70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 594

Hi everyone! I have jumped ship and joined this cruise... We were originally planned to be on the Wonder on September 23rd because my daughter was to be out of school on the 22nd-24th, but due to a change in my daughter's school calendar, they are not out of school until the next week. So, we were able to move our cruise plans to the Wonder departing on September 30th. (I hate for her to miss school so soon into the school year, so glad I could get it changed). Our flight leaves Raleigh late afternoon on Tuesday, and we arrive around 10:00 Tuesday night, so we will be spending Wednesday in Magic Kingdom...

Anyway, we would love to participate in the FE. It is my DH, DD (7), and DS (2). We were planning to on the other cruise. Are we going to try to do a meet? I think the other group was going to try to get together right before the lifeboat safety meeting.

Look forward to it! Now, I've got to figure out how to update my counter...
__________________
Me-Stephanie, DH-Lee, DD-Aubrey , and DS-Luke

We're going for the Dream! September 2013

Silver Castaway Cay Member - Wonder - Feb 2008, Sep 2010, May 2011; Magic - Jan 2012, DVC Member - 2007 SSR & 2009 - BLT

shwarren70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:41 PM   #53
JenGC
DIS Veteran
 
JenGC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,724

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei528 View Post
Ok...


1. So, are we assigned someone (or cabin) to give "gifts" to or do we just have a list and give to anyone or everyone that we'd like to?

2. Lorelei-Packet? What packet??! I didn't get a packet!! I want to know all about what you got!!! Tell me, please! (I wonder if we're going to get one!)...(Can you tell I'm gettting excited for the cruise?)

3. I wasn't going to do door decorations...do you think I should? If so, where can I order from etc. I am totally clueless.

Does anyone else have the late seating for dinner besides us? and
Since there aren't that many of us right now, lets not restrict it to certain cabin numbers and just give as you please.

LOL Disney sends you some papers. I am not totally sure what you get, but I know it isnt much. They do everything electronic now. I know you have to have some paperwork filled out before you get to the port though.

The door decorations is strictly up to you but i think it is going to be MUCHO fun (hey, when I speak another language, it HAS to be fun!). It will make everyone else think they missed the memo! lol Go here, http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2440038 look through all the graphics they have listed and the designers also have links to their photobucket accounts so you can look through those too. Then all you have to do is post what you would like and who did them and politely ask them to personalize it with your information. They are a very sweet bunch of people. Milliepie is moving and won't get to any of her disigns until the end of the summer (August I believe) but I THINk she is making a list of what people are requesting.

I have late seating :D I can post that in the FE list too if you want.

Jen
__________________
JenGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:43 PM   #54
JenGC
DIS Veteran
 
JenGC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,724

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwarren70 View Post
Hi everyone! I have jumped ship and joined this cruise... We were originally planned to be on the Wonder on September 23rd because my daughter was to be out of school on the 22nd-24th, but due to a change in my daughter's school calendar, they are not out of school until the next week. So, we were able to move our cruise plans to the Wonder departing on September 30th. (I hate for her to miss school so soon into the school year, so glad I could get it changed). Our flight leaves Raleigh late afternoon on Tuesday, and we arrive around 10:00 Tuesday night, so we will be spending Wednesday in Magic Kingdom...

Anyway, we would love to participate in the FE. It is my DH, DD (7), and DS (2). We were planning to on the other cruise. Are we going to try to do a meet? I think the other group was going to try to get together right before the lifeboat safety meeting.

Look forward to it! Now, I've got to figure out how to update my counter...
Hi!! and welcome! My daughter is going to be THRILLED there is another girl her age coming. She will be 9 so I am pretty sure they will become the best of buds! lol

I dont think we have gotten to where to meet up yet. That sounds like a great idea though! The life boat safety meeting is what 3:30?

So glad your plans changed! :D

Jen
__________________
JenGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:46 PM   #55
JenGC
DIS Veteran
 
JenGC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,724

FE list

So far, this is what I have. If I have missed anyone, bonk me on top of the head and tell me what I missed

webmiester- 41, DW Younger (that is all he would say!), DD Peanut 3 1/2-GTY
JenGC-Jen, Sharon (grandmother..optional), Karen (grandmother...optional), Victoria 8 will be 9 on cruise (sept 29th)-cabin #7556 Second Dining
Lorelei528-Lori-(42 Oct. 1), DH (33)-GTY Second Dining
AllTexan-me (Alex-42), Amy (30-something), Ali (14) and Ashleigh (12) all lodging in #6545
Blanche_Neige-Me, Marianne (30 ish), DH Dave (closer to 50 than 20 ) and our DSs Josh (10), Leo & Sam (8) # 8528
CruiseCrasher-me(28) and DH(30)-GTY
shwarren70-me, DH, DD (7), and DS (2)
__________________
JenGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:46 PM   #56
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran
 
Lorelei528's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 2,295

So, with the door decorations, do you get them printed out on the magnetic surface then? And if so, how, where?
I'm still so confuzzled!!!

I thought packets don't come for awhile yet, that's why I was so intrigued! tee hee.

Ok, so with the FE's we just need to know how many peeps we'd be getting stuff for...I get it! (I think!)
Lorelei528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:50 PM   #57
JenGC
DIS Veteran
 
JenGC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,724

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei528 View Post
So, with the door decorations, do you get them printed out on the magnetic surface then? And if so, how, where?
I'm still so confuzzled!!!

I thought packets don't come for awhile yet, that's why I was so intrigued! tee hee.

Ok, so with the FE's we just need to know how many peeps we'd be getting stuff for...I get it! (I think!)
For the magnets, you need to get some magnetic paper. You can find it at office depot or someplace like that. It comes 5 sheets to a packet. Then when you get the graphics from the thread you can do one of two things. I have done it both ways. You can either print the graphic off on paper and then tape them to the magnetic paper (the method I prefer) or you can print the graphic on the magnetic paper itself (put the magnetic paper in the printer just like regular paper). I dont like this method because it usually jams the printer (not to where it breaks it) and has black marks on it. You really cant tell much of a difference in either method though. I just find it easier to print on regular paper and then tape.

You got it girlfriend!
__________________
JenGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:14 PM   #58
Blanche_Neige
DIS Veteran
 
Blanche_Neige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc
Posts: 1,711

Just a little reminder



100 Days until we sail!

__________________
Me DS (14) DS (12) DS (12)
Feb 1986 - Off site,
Jan 2007 - ASMovies
Jan 2008 - ASMovies
Jan 2009 - ASMovies
Jan 2010 - ASMusic
Sept 2010- ASMovies & Disney Wonder (1st cruise)
March 2011- All Star Sports + 1st trip to US offsite
Oct 2011 - Dream + POP + MNSSHP
March 2012 - US offsite + DTD shopping spree
Feb 2013 - Disneyland off site 1st time!
March 2014 - DCL Dream
March 2015 - ASMusic
Blanche_Neige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:38 PM   #59
tinkerbell87512
I would love to hear all about these secrets!
 
tinkerbell87512's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 4,241

Wow you guys are fast. I go to work and this thread is on page 2 and now were up to 4! Looks like a bunch of new people joined the thread! I don't think i've really introduced myself yet but I'm Cheryl and I'm doing this cruise solo! I'm really looking forward to it and so excited that so many dis'ers are onboard.

The PP already beat me to it but 100 more days everyone!!!
__________________
-Cheryl

June 1992 August 2000 February 2002 July 2004 July 2005 June 2006 July 2007 October 2007 May 2008 & DCL November 2008 May 2009 Sept/Oct 2010 & DCL November 2011 August 2013 October 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler!

Last edited by tinkerbell87512; 06-22-2010 at 05:45 PM.
tinkerbell87512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:28 PM   #60
JenGC
DIS Veteran
 
JenGC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,724

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell87512 View Post
Wow you guys are fast. I go to work and this thread is on page 2 and now were up to 4! Looks like a bunch of new people joined the thread! I don't think i've really introduced myself yet but I'm Cheryl and I'm doing this cruise solo! I'm really looking forward to it and so excited that so many dis'ers are onboard.

The PP already beat me to it but 100 more days everyone!!!
Hey Cheryl! Oh I bet you are going to have a BLAST cruising solo! I will be more than happy to add your name to the FE list! If we restricted it to just kids, we wouldnt have any fun! I mean, just because you are over 18 doesnt mean you are not a kid!
__________________
JenGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: