Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2010, 10:14 AM   #31
JenGC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei528 View Post
for some reason, I'm not getting notified of updates to this thread...weird.

Anyway, we don't have kids, does that matter fish extender-wise?
If it doesn't matter, I think we'd like to participate!
Don't they sell the FE holder thingys on ebay or something? And then you just hang them and our DIS FE peeps drop off the trinkets etc.?

It is something I think we'd like to do. Does anyone know how much the FE holders go for on ebay?

oooh!!! Who here is taking Disney transportation from property to the port? Wouldn't it be neat if some of us were on the same bus?

We are me(42) will be celebrating b'day on boat on Oct. 1!!!
DH (33)
go into your profile and see if your notifications are turned on. I had to go into it and check the box for it to send email notifications.

NO! You do NOT have to have a child to participate! That makes it more fun! I have things for adults as well as children but you do not HAVE to give gifts for the adults if you participate.

Yes there are two sellers on ebay that sell Fish Extenders. I dont want you guys to think I joined to profit my business, but I sell them on Etsy. That is all Im sayin'. The board does not approve or disapprove of my shop. There I think that covers it LOL

that would be cool to meet some on the bus! I am not sure what I am going to do about that. I already planned to drive down but now southwest is having a GREAT deal but you have to book by Thursday. STUPID SOUTHWEST! lol

You guys have the same birthdate? How cool is that!! I will add you to the list!
Old 06-22-2010, 10:22 AM   #32
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

Jen-
No, tee hee. Only My b'day.

I guess I didn't write that correctly! whoops!

I'm Lori and my DH is Eoghan. (It's Irish, pronounced own).

Ok, I'm excited for the FE now!! I will have to start looking around for items..oh wait!! We need to know who we have first, right?

$ -wise, the Disney transport is the best for us, since we're only 2 peeps. I know you get there a bit later but what can you do?
I haven't actually booked it yet, it's on my list of to-dos!

May 2014 (BLT), Dec 2013 (BLT/AKL), Sept/Oct '12 (AKV/DCL), Jan '11 (AKL),Sept/Oct '10 (AKL/BLT/DCL/BWV), Sept '09 (BLT), April/May '09 (BW/AKL), Sept/Oct 08 (POP/AKL), Nov 03 (ASMovies/AKL), Nov 01 (CBR), Nov 97 (Disney Village Resort), '87 (off property), '77 (CR)
Lorelei528 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2010, 10:28 AM   #33
JenGC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Jen-
No, tee hee. Only My b'day.

I guess I didn't write that correctly! whoops!

I'm Lori and my DH is Eoghan. (It's Irish, pronounced own).

Ok, I'm excited for the FE now!! I will have to start looking around for items..oh wait!! We need to know who we have first, right?

$ -wise, the Disney transport is the best for us, since we're only 2 peeps. I know you get there a bit later but what can you do?
I haven't actually booked it yet, it's on my list of to-dos!
Oh sorry! :D

Hi Lori! Your husband's name is pronounced own? I think I can handle that.

You should go ahead and start looking at what you want to give. I suggest Oriental trading but my gift is a secret!! shhhhhh moohaha I am also going to give something that is from my area...kinda thing. Like, there is a girl from Canada that took all this different kinds of candy that is the same name, like Kit Kat, but in a very different wrapper! I am from Nashville so I am going to give something that has to do with Nashville (and no, I wont give you flood water )
Old 06-22-2010, 10:42 AM   #34
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenGC View Post
Oh sorry! :D

Hi Lori! Your husband's name is pronounced own? I think I can handle that.

You should go ahead and start looking at what you want to give. I suggest Oriental trading but my gift is a secret!! shhhhhh moohaha I am also going to give something that is from my area...kinda thing. Like, there is a girl from Canada that took all this different kinds of candy that is the same name, like Kit Kat, but in a very different wrapper! I am from Nashville so I am going to give something that has to do with Nashville (and no, I wont give you flood water )
Yep, just own. Not Owen...tee hee. When people see the spelling, they tend to freak out. (Eoghan).

Anyway, but if we get kids or adults (like adults travelling without kids), wouldn't it make a difference as to what we get then?

I like the idea of getting something from where youre' from! I will have to go check out the FE's on Etsy. and ebay.

We wouldn't mind if we got you as our FE person! I've been to Nashville! LOVED it. Tootsie's Orchid Lounge and everthing. I also went to some ice cream/coffee shop somewhere that was originally from the 1950's. Very cool. DH has not been to TN yet, but I'm dying to take him. I've been to Memphis 3 times as well. (TN is like my fave state) The people are sooo nice!!!

Ok, I'm off to shop for a FE thingy! Will you let us know when you have who we have for our FE person/people?

May 2014 (BLT), Dec 2013 (BLT/AKL), Sept/Oct '12 (AKV/DCL), Jan '11 (AKL),Sept/Oct '10 (AKL/BLT/DCL/BWV), Sept '09 (BLT), April/May '09 (BW/AKL), Sept/Oct 08 (POP/AKL), Nov 03 (ASMovies/AKL), Nov 01 (CBR), Nov 97 (Disney Village Resort), '87 (off property), '77 (CR)
Old 06-22-2010, 10:54 AM   #35
JenGC
DIS Veteran

yes Etsy shops are REALLY good about working with the customer. I think there is one shop that will let you pick what colors and things on it! Very versatile! hehe

I have lived in Nashville all my life. I moved to San Antonio for 3 months and I cried to come back home. So that doesnt count hehe

Yeah, I guess it would matter if it is an adult or not. I just figured everyone loves candy old and young! LOL Now if you are getting into specific things that kids wont enjoy but adults will love, then yeah you are right.

As of right now it is

webmiester- 41, DW Younger (that is all he would say! ), DD Peanut 3 1/2
JenGC-Jen, Sharon (grandmother..optional), Karen (grandmother...optional), Victoria 8 will be 9 on cruise (sept 29th)-cabin 7556 Second Dining
Lorelei528-Lori-(42 Oct. 1), DH (33)

I like knowing stateroom numbers (much easier to deliver the gifts! hehe) and I just put first or second seating in case some wanted to request the same table :D
Old 06-22-2010, 12:13 PM   #36
AllTexan
Mouseketeer

It sounds like our group is growing, happy to see. Our gang is me (Alex-42), Amy (30-something), Ali (14) and Ashleigh (12) all lodging in #6545.

If you hadn't noticed, we are the "A" family. Even the dogs name starts with an "A" (Annie), but she will be staying at home.

We will most likely bring something from the Lone Star state.
AllTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:19 PM   #37
JenGC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTexan View Post
It sounds like our group is growing, happy to see. Our gang is me (Alex-42), Amy (30-something), Ali (14) and Ashleigh (12) all lodging in #6545.

If you hadn't noticed, we are the "A" family. Even the dogs name starts with an "A" (Annie), but she will be staying at home.

We will most likely bring something from the Lone Star state.
Was that planned?? lol That is really cool! My parents seemed to have a "J" thing going. My dad was Jerry (Gerald but spelt it with a J), Jennifer and Jennine. Mom is Sharon. I kept asking her why she didnt change her name but I guess she wanted to stand out! heheh

So I assume you mean that you want to be on the FE list? And cool on the Texas stuff! I cant wait to see what it is!
Old 06-22-2010, 12:21 PM   #38
Blanche_Neige
DIS Veteran

Quote:
for some reason, I'm not getting notified of updates to this thread...weird.

Anyway, we don't have kids, does that matter fish extender-wise?
If it doesn't matter, I think we'd like to participate!
Don't they sell the FE holder thingys on ebay or something? And then you just hang them and our DIS FE peeps drop off the trinkets etc.?

It is something I think we'd like to do. Does anyone know how much the FE holders go for on ebay?

oooh!!! Who here is taking Disney transportation from property to the port? Wouldn't it be neat if some of us were on the same bus?

We are me(42) will be celebrating b'day on boat on Oct. 1!!!
DH (33)
I saw some FE on ebay from graddysmommy (not sure if I can post the link) the price vary depending on how many pockets you want. (2 pocket 25$, 3 pocket 30$, etc.)

We are taking a car service from ASMovies to DCL.
March 2011- All Star Sports + 1st trip to US offsite
Oct 2011 - Dream + POP + MNSSHP
March 2012 - US offsite + DTD shopping spree (I need my fix )
Feb 2013 - Disneyland off site 1st time!
March 2014 - DCL Dream
Blanche_Neige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:23 PM   #39
Blanche_Neige
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great minds think alike I guess.

But here's a secret....I have never done this either!
you could of fooled me, seeing that you ticker has a wonderful FE on it, I wish I was that talented!
March 2014 - DCL Dream
Old 06-22-2010, 12:41 PM   #40
Blanche_Neige
DIS Veteran

Sign us up!

Me, Marianne (30 ish), DH Dave (closer to 50 than 20 ) and our DSs Josh (10), Leo & Sam (8)

# 8528

Our first cruise
March 2014 - DCL Dream
Old 06-22-2010, 12:48 PM   #41
JenGC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanche_Neige View Post
you could of fooled me, seeing that you ticker has a wonderful FE on it, I wish I was that talented!
Well, I am on another cruise right before this one so I made that FE for that cruise. Thank you for the compliment! My mom sews most of the dresses while I do the embroidery. It is really fun to do :D
Old 06-22-2010, 12:59 PM   #42
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

I don't know our stateroom yet as our room is a GTY or something

It's the free cruise we got when we bought into DVC. I can call and ask but the last time I asked they told me I wouldn't know my cabin number until I got my documents etc...

Is that a big deal do you think?

We got the late seating for dinner...

Old 06-22-2010, 01:07 PM   #43
JenGC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't know our stateroom yet as our room is a GTY or something

It's the free cruise we got when we bought into DVC. I can call and ask but the last time I asked they told me I wouldn't know my cabin number until I got my documents etc...

Is that a big deal do you think?

We got the late seating for dinner...
Not a real big deal. I am hoping we can all meet right after boarding anyway to get an updated list. Many times you are upgraded and you dont know until you are checking in so I think there will be many more that will be changing room numbers. but from what I understand, GTY rooms are usually assigned around 4 or 5 weeks before the cruise (I think that is right). But we will getcha! (are you scared yet? )
Old 06-22-2010, 01:15 PM   #44
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I dunno, but I kinda hope they wont bump us up...unless they keep us in the same room on both cruises. We just had to get a verandah. I am not sure how I am going to take to a cruise and I think I am going to need to be near a view of the ocean. If I get sea sick, I dont think a room with no windows will work. I would LOVE to be able to book a cat 12 and hope to get upgraded, but I dont think I would be happy there.

Hey! I dont mind spearheading the FE list as long as it doesnt bother anyone else. I have been called a control freak on more than one occasion so I have accepted it and moved on Anyway, I am still researching how others have done it in the past so I can just pass it along here!

I'm so excited!!

OH I have to start a new count down. 101 more days!!!
Yay! Count us in on the FE! Welcome all you new people.
Our board really is picking up this week, isn't it?
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:18 PM   #45
JenGC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post
Yay! Count us in on the FE! Welcome all you new people.
Our board really is picking up this week, isn't it?
Yeah well, I am chatty Kathy! I think I have half the posts on this thread! LOL

Consider yourself Counted!! hehe

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: