Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2010, 09:02 AM   #286
shwarren70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGazer99 View Post
How much freedom are people giving their kids on this trip (on the boat)?
None! I trust the labs... I feel safe with Aubrey in the labs, but she won't go anywhere else without one of us. And, well my son, he is 2 and that isn't even an option.

We have been on the Disney cruise once before my son was born. I forgot to tell my husband the password, and he went to pick up Aubrey from the labs. They would not let him have her. They said even though it was obvious that Aubrey knew him and he was her dad, their policy was that if you didn't give the password, the child didn't go. I was in the shower when he called the room and didn't get the phone. So, he finally walked back to the room to get the password and went back and got her.

We're going for the Dream! September 2013

Silver Castaway Cay Member - Wonder - Feb 2008, Sep 2010, May 2011; Magic - Jan 2012, DVC Member - 2007 SSR & 2009 - BLT

shwarren70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:08 AM   #287
JenGC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwarren70 View Post
None! I trust the labs... I feel safe with Aubrey in the labs, but she won't go anywhere else without one of us. And, well my son, he is 2 and that isn't even an option.

We have been on the Disney cruise once before my son was born. I forgot to tell my husband the password, and he went to pick up Aubrey from the labs. They would not let him have her. They said even though it was obvious that Aubrey knew him and he was her dad, their policy was that if you didn't give the password, the child didn't go. I was in the shower when he called the room and didn't get the phone. So, he finally walked back to the room to get the password and went back and got her.
Ooohhhh you don't know how good that makes me feel! My mother and I have already decided the password but decided not to tell my daughter because she will tell EVERYONE what it is. This is really great. I figured they would recognize him from when your daughter was dropped of and say "well, we KNOW he is with her" but from this story, I dont think they would! Tooooo awesome. It is like when you check out and the cashier actually asks for ID!! I thank them profusely. But on a much higher level of course! hehehe
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2010, 09:22 AM   #288
axfather
Mouseketeer

My family will be on for the B2B 9/26 and 9/30

as well..

3 children.

girl -6
boy-4
and boy 2
axfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:58 AM   #289
shwarren70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by axfather View Post
as well..

3 children.

girl -6
boy-4
and boy 2
Welcome aboard!

Silver Castaway Cay Member - Wonder - Feb 2008, Sep 2010, May 2011; Magic - Jan 2012, DVC Member - 2007 SSR & 2009 - BLT

Old 07-01-2010, 11:01 AM   #290
shwarren70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenGC View Post
Ooohhhh you don't know how good that makes me feel! My mother and I have already decided the password but decided not to tell my daughter because she will tell EVERYONE what it is. This is really great. I figured they would recognize him from when your daughter was dropped of and say "well, we KNOW he is with her" but from this story, I dont think they would! Tooooo awesome. It is like when you check out and the cashier actually asks for ID!! I thank them profusely. But on a much higher level of course! hehehe
I was very grateful it was handled that way. As they said, if they ever break the rule then they lose control of the security and comfort that parents have with the program. I felt so much better about it. My parents travel with us a lot, but they weren't with us on this cruise, and my mom had given me a hard time about using the labs on the ship and had begged me not to use it. She was very happy when I told her about it.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:09 AM   #291
JenGC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
as well..

3 children.

girl -6
boy-4
and boy 2
Welcome welcome!

Webmeister and I will be accompanying you guys on the B2B!

Do you want to participate in both cruises' Fish Extender exchange?

Also will it just be you 4 traveling?

Thanks!
Jen
Old 07-01-2010, 12:16 PM   #292
Blanche_Neige
DIS Veteran

Quote:
as well..

3 children.

girl -6
boy-4
and boy 2

Is this your first cruise ?

Marianne
Jan 2008 - ASMovies
Jan 2009 - ASMovies
Jan 2010 - ASMusic
Sept 2010- ASMovies & Disney Wonder (1st cruise)
March 2011- All Star Sports + 1st trip to US offsite
Oct 2011 - Dream + POP + MNSSHP
March 2012 - US offsite + DTD shopping spree
Feb 2013 - Disneyland off site 1st time!
March 2014 - DCL Dream
March 2015 - ASMusic
Blanche_Neige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:18 PM   #293
Blanche_Neige
DIS Veteran

DH would like to know if the other DH are sports fan, if so so what teams?

DH & DS are a big Red Sox fan!!
Jan 2008 - ASMovies
Jan 2009 - ASMovies
Jan 2010 - ASMusic
Sept 2010- ASMovies & Disney Wonder (1st cruise)
March 2011- All Star Sports + 1st trip to US offsite
Oct 2011 - Dream + POP + MNSSHP
March 2012 - US offsite + DTD shopping spree
Feb 2013 - Disneyland off site 1st time!
March 2014 - DCL Dream
March 2015 - ASMusic
Blanche_Neige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:27 PM   #294
StarGazer99
DIS Veteran

Post Freedom

WELCOME axfather let me say what a unique name...I would have thought you had all girls.

I guess my daughter will not be getting much freedom then either... She's at the age where she is just begging for some freedom and as much as I would like to give her some there just aren't that many opportunities. I was hoping that the Disney cruise would be one of those opportunities. My husband is waaaaay overprotective (like he would probably want to hold her hand the entire time so she doesn't fall over board. ). I thought a Disney cruise would be the place both with it's confinement of the boat and it being Disney, and also all the Disney workers present. Without other parents giving liberties, I doubt we will, I was hoping for the buddy system. This is going to be a hard one for me... I was on a cruise as a child, with 100% freedom and still remember what it was like. I'm hoping hubby will at least let her run to the room by her self if we've forgotten something.

Jackie

StarGazer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:31 PM   #295
StarGazer99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanche_Neige View Post

My DH doesn't go nuts over sports but listens to Cardinal baseball and keeps up on most sports. Yes he can talk sports.

What about HUNTING.... anyone?

Jackie

StarGazer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:07 PM   #296
JenGC
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We are MAJOR football fans. For me, it is only my favs I like watching. NY Giants, Colts, Denver Broncos now (I believe that is where Tim Tebow went), and the Ravens. Other than that, I am like....eh. But at the first of the season, I am pretty much up for any football! lol Other than that, we are not too big of sports nuts. I like watching my college's basketball games, but any others I am not really into.

I am sooooo excited that the trip will be around the start of football! I am going to be in that ESPN place any chance I can get Sunday Monday and Thursday!!
Old 07-01-2010, 01:10 PM   #297
JenGC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
WELCOME axfather let me say what a unique name...I would have thought you had all girls.

I guess my daughter will not be getting much freedom then either... She's at the age where she is just begging for some freedom and as much as I would like to give her some there just aren't that many opportunities. I was hoping that the Disney cruise would be one of those opportunities. My husband is waaaaay overprotective (like he would probably want to hold her hand the entire time so she doesn't fall over board. ). I thought a Disney cruise would be the place both with it's confinement of the boat and it being Disney, and also all the Disney workers present. Without other parents giving liberties, I doubt we will, I was hoping for the buddy system. This is going to be a hard one for me... I was on a cruise as a child, with 100% freedom and still remember what it was like. I'm hoping hubby will at least let her run to the room by her self if we've forgotten something.
OH GOSH! I never thought of that!! :sigh: I feel the same way as a child I had soooo many more liberties than I give my daughter but I didn't grow up in such a horrible, perverted society. That is one of my biggest fears that someone will take her.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:15 PM   #298
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

Quote:

My DH and I are both huge sports fans! We met watching soccer, so there's that, we love to watch tennis and we are NY Mets/Jets fans. Also, NY Rangers.

However, my biggest thing is NCAA basketball (and football). I went to Syracuse Univeristy and let's just suffice it to say that I bleed Orange.

Marianne-Being a native NYer, I of course, despise the Red Sox, but DH actually likes them which drives me nuts!

Quote:
My DH doesn't go nuts over sports but listens to Cardinal baseball and keeps up on most sports. Yes he can talk sports.

What about HUNTING.... anyone?
Most sports...sounds like us...no hunting though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenGC View Post
We are MAJOR football fans. For me, it is only my favs I like watching. NY Giants, Colts, Denver Broncos now (I believe that is where Tim Tebow went), and the Ravens. Other than that, I am like....eh. But at the first of the season, I am pretty much up for any football! lol Other than that, we are not too big of sports nuts. I like watching my college's basketball games, but any others I am not really into.

I am sooooo excited that the trip will be around the start of football! I am going to be in that ESPN place any chance I can get Sunday Monday and Thursday!!
I am loving me some Mark Sanchez and my NY Jets!!!! That's all I'm sayin'.
Lorelei528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:18 PM   #299
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

Jen-
I know I have to pick out the two "heads" for our FE! I'm a little torn and need to visualize in my head...I'll e-mail you this weekend when i can concentrate!

(And I have a 4day weekend, so I have loads of free time!) whoo hoo!!!

How is everybody's Thursday going so far? I'm in a terrific mood! I've updated my FB status to something about 3 months from today celebrating my b'day in the Bahamas and I've been walking around the office singing Under the Sea! Co-workers are giving me strange looks! tee hee.
Lorelei528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:20 PM   #300
JenGC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei528 View Post
Jen-
I know I have to pick out the two "heads" for our FE! I'm a little torn and need to visualize in my head...I'll e-mail you this weekend when i can concentrate!

(And I have a 4day weekend, so I have loads of free time!) whoo hoo!!!
No problem. The wheels are falling off the bus here. Nothing is going right and I am about to pull my hair out!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: