Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2010, 10:14 PM   #256
StarGazer99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTexan View Post
The temptation is to go to BOTH seatings and really blow this diet I'm on now.
I'm with ya... lets do both

I did first seating because I heard that it's the hardest to get and that the late was easier to change to if you wanted.... but I'm thinking it's suppose to be better for the shows and a nutritious meal allows you to gorge on ice cream, cookies and cakes later (not me... I don't eat that stuff but DD does)

Jackie

StarGazer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:19 PM   #257
JenGC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGazer99 View Post
I'm with ya... lets do both

I did first seating because I heard that it's the hardest to get and that the late was easier to change to if you wanted.... but I'm thinking it's suppose to be better for the shows and a nutritious meal allows you to gorge on ice cream, cookies and cakes later (not me... I don't eat that stuff but DD does)
If you want to change, let us know so we can connect our ressies! :D
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2010, 10:32 PM   #258
StarGazer99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenGC View Post
If you want to change, let us know so we can connect our ressies! :D
You've cruised.
I wouldn't bale on Tex or shwarren70 but what are the goods and the bads of the different seatings?

Jackie

Old 06-29-2010, 11:04 PM   #259
Webmiester
Bring me that horizon...

Really depends on the needs/desires of the family.

We go with earlier seating because we have a 3yo. so the earlier seating is like at 6pm (Who knows for sure what it is?)
Then the show is at like 8pm. (Again if someone knows the real times, correct me )
We don't want her to have to wait to eat until 8, plus if she eats that late, she'll be up until at least 12. With the early seating, she goes with us to the show, and if she starts to crash out on my lap, that's fine. We can carry her back to the room and put her to bed.

Bad side is, if you are big on excursions, you have to be back to the ship in enough time to get cleaned up and changed for dinner...although you can always eat upstairs at the buffet.

i'm interested to hear others' thoughts on why they prefer one over the other....
Old 06-29-2010, 11:29 PM   #260
StarGazer99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmiester View Post

We go with earlier seating because we have a 3yo. so the earlier seating is like at 6pm (Who knows for sure what it is?)
Then the show is at like 8pm. (Again if someone knows the real times, correct me )
We don't want her to have to wait to eat until 8, plus if she eats that late, she'll be up until at least 12. With the early seating, she goes with us to the show, and if she starts to crash out on my lap, that's fine. We can carry her back to the room and put her to bed.

Bad side is, if you are big on excursions, you have to be back to the ship in enough time to get cleaned up and changed for dinner...although you can always eat upstairs at the buffet.

i'm interested to hear others' thoughts on why they prefer one over the other....
Bummer.... I didn't even think about the excursions. I was wanting to do Atlantis and not stay the whole time but I wouldn't want to be pressured to get back. I'd like to know if it's hard to do Atlantis and also visit Nassua some. I'd like to find what time we have to be back on the ship.

We may have to compromise the whole hygiene thing that night at dinner
(from earlier post)

Jackie

Old 06-30-2010, 08:06 AM   #261
JenGC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Bummer.... I didn't even think about the excursions. I was wanting to do Atlantis and not stay the whole time but I wouldn't want to be pressured to get back. I'd like to know if it's hard to do Atlantis and also visit Nassua some. I'd like to find what time we have to be back on the ship.

(from earlier post)
NOOOOOO!!!! NOT THAT!!!!! Wait...you are first seating. OK!
Old 06-30-2010, 08:35 AM   #262
Blanche_Neige
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmiester View Post

The same could be said about the shows; if you have second seating you go to the early show. If you are on an excursion you have to rush back to see the show...

it really comes down to what your priorities are. Also if you miss the dinner there is always food available at the other quick service location somewhere on the ship (I think) or room service is available too.
March 2011- All Star Sports + 1st trip to US offsite
Oct 2011 - Dream + POP + MNSSHP
March 2012 - US offsite + DTD shopping spree (I need my fix )
Feb 2013 - Disneyland off site 1st time!
March 2014 - DCL Dream
Blanche_Neige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:38 AM   #263
JenGC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanche_Neige View Post
The same could be said about the shows; if you have second seating you go to the early show. If you are on an excursion you have to rush back to see the show...

it really comes down to what your priorities are. Also if you miss the dinner there is always food available at the other quick service location somewhere on the ship (I think) or room service is available too.
I wonder what would happen if someone missed the first seating and wanted to sit at the second seating? Like with their friends? I guess the would "frown" on that lol
Old 06-30-2010, 09:05 AM   #264
shwarren70
DIS Veteran

I can't keep up with ya'll... I go to bed and we are on page 16, and I get to work and there are a lot more conversations going on...

We're going for the Dream! September 2013

Silver Castaway Cay Member - Wonder - Feb 2008, Sep 2010, May 2011; Magic - Jan 2012, DVC Member - 2007 SSR & 2009 - BLT

shwarren70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:07 AM   #265
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

WOW, I missed a bunch of chatter! Even though my e-mail preferences are set correctly, I seem not to be getting any e-mail notifcations about this thread (and others too, now that I think about it!)...

Anyhoo....

Not much new with me really. I bought some shorts on sale yesterday which I'm psyched about and will use for the trip.

We have Friday (and Monday) off so just 2 more days and I have absolutely nothing planned for this 4 day weekend (except for watching me some tennis and some soccer!) oh and loads of cleaning house!

I have no comments about dinner seating but am glad that Stargazer is feeling the love!!

Marianne's other thread is making me hungry btw!!!

I'll be on a bit today I'm sure! Hope you all are off to a great start of your day!

Dec 2013 (BLT/AKL), Sept/Oct '12 (AKV/DCL), Jan '11 (AKL),Sept/Oct '10 (AKL/BLT/DCL/BWV), Sept '09 (BLT), April/May '09 (BW/AKL), Sept/Oct 08 (POP/AKL), Nov 03 (ASMovies/AKL), Nov 01 (CBR), Nov 97 (Disney Village Resort), '87 (off property), '77 (CR)
Lorelei528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:07 AM   #266
shwarren70
DIS Veteran

Quote:

(from earlier post)
Okay now, no compromising the hygiene... You may have to do a "birdbath" as my grandma called it... Fill the sink with water and hit the high spots!

Silver Castaway Cay Member - Wonder - Feb 2008, Sep 2010, May 2011; Magic - Jan 2012, DVC Member - 2007 SSR & 2009 - BLT

Last edited by shwarren70; 06-30-2010 at 01:22 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:07 AM   #267
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwarren70 View Post
I can't keep up with ya'll... I go to bed and we are on page 16, and I get to work and there are a lot more conversations going on...

I know!! That's what I'm sayin'!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 2013 (BLT/AKL), Sept/Oct '12 (AKV/DCL), Jan '11 (AKL),Sept/Oct '10 (AKL/BLT/DCL/BWV), Sept '09 (BLT), April/May '09 (BW/AKL), Sept/Oct 08 (POP/AKL), Nov 03 (ASMovies/AKL), Nov 01 (CBR), Nov 97 (Disney Village Resort), '87 (off property), '77 (CR)
Lorelei528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:10 AM   #268
shwarren70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have to admit I googled it..hehe. I've been there but wasn't sure exactly where it was. I'm 40 miles north of Carondolet (in Edwardsville 10 min from ALTON) but about the same distance from the airport. Google says 36 min but I've made it in under 20. lol.
I have to admit the first time I was trying to find it (about 12 years ago), goodle said it didn't exist. It is a tiny little crossroad town... Her husband works for the railroad out of Dupo, and she is a substitute teacher for Dupo Community Schools. Okay speedy, watch out for the blue lights behind you!

Old 06-30-2010, 09:17 AM   #269
JenGC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwarren70 View Post
Okay now, no compromising the hygiene... You may have to do a "birdbath" as my grandma called it... Fill the sink with what and hit the high spots!
That's not what my grandmother called it!
Old 06-30-2010, 12:51 PM   #270
StarGazer99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenGC View Post
I wonder what would happen if someone missed the first seating and wanted to sit at the second seating? Like with their friends? I guess the would "frown" on that lol
I think that is a possibility and that they allow that but only if they have openings... such as people going to Palo. And does Disney frown... I thought that was against the rules.

Jackie

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: