Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 10:47 AM   #91
BBGirl
DIS Veteran

under the 10th so ok for a newbie
AKV Dec 2013
ASMu Nov-Dec 2008
Pop Nov-Dec 2006
ASSp Nov-Dec 2005
ASMo July 2005
Old 05-09-2010, 10:52 AM   #92
BBGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyfromDE View Post
I really shouldn't say anything. But I have had the worst 2 days of my life. My mother passed away yesterday and we were extrememly close. She taught me how to sew when I was 8 years old. She became a Disney fan with me, and came to Disney me quite a few times. She always LOVED everyone of my Disney related (and everything actually) outfits and showed everyone that walked in the door. We would go fabric shopping together, and she'd give me her opinion on colors and trims. She also got me started on machine embroidery.

The next few months is really going to be hard. I lived with her, because neither one of us could afford to live alone. She loved this house bought it with my Dad when we were all kids. I am really sad to leave here and try to find a place on my own, when I get comfort from being near the things she loved. But, I am trying to take comfort in knowing that it is her wishes that the house be sold and divided among my sisters and myself. She wouldn't want any of us to try and keep the house when we can't afford it.

I wish the Doctors were more attentive to her complaints so her last few months would have been more comfortable for her. But she's put on her dancing shoes and with Dad in heaven now.

Thank you for listening to me. I am hoping everyone really appreciates their Mother on this special day.
Soo sorry for your loss.
AKV Dec 2013
ASMu Nov-Dec 2008
Pop Nov-Dec 2006
ASSp Nov-Dec 2005
ASMo July 2005
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2010, 11:11 AM   #93
snubie
DIS Veteran

Hugs to you Sally.
April 1985 Poly,May 2004 POFQ,Sept 2007 ASMU,Jan 2008 ASMU,May 2009 CBR,Jan 2011 POP - disboutiquers meet, Jan 2013 POR
Old 05-09-2010, 11:20 AM   #94
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

I see you'll are trying to ditch me yet again!

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
Old 05-09-2010, 11:39 AM   #95
BBGirl
DIS Veteran

Can anyone else not get YouCanMakeThis.com to load. I keep getting a domain name is expired???
AKV Dec 2013
ASMu Nov-Dec 2008
Pop Nov-Dec 2006
ASSp Nov-Dec 2005
ASMo July 2005
Old 05-09-2010, 11:40 AM   #96
NaeNae
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I really shouldn't say anything. But I have had the worst 2 days of my life. My mother passed away yesterday and we were extrememly close. She taught me how to sew when I was 8 years old. She became a Disney fan with me, and came to Disney me quite a few times. She always LOVED everyone of my Disney related (and everything actually) outfits and showed everyone that walked in the door. We would go fabric shopping together, and she'd give me her opinion on colors and trims. She also got me started on machine embroidery.

The next few months is really going to be hard. I lived with her, because neither one of us could afford to live alone. She loved this house bought it with my Dad when we were all kids. I am really sad to leave here and try to find a place on my own, when I get comfort from being near the things she loved. But, I am trying to take comfort in knowing that it is her wishes that the house be sold and divided among my sisters and myself. She wouldn't want any of us to try and keep the house when we can't afford it.

I wish the Doctors were more attentive to her complaints so her last few months would have been more comfortable for her. But she's put on her dancing shoes and with Dad in heaven now.

Thank you for listening to me. I am hoping everyone really appreciates their Mother on this special day.
I'm so sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my prayers!

Old 05-09-2010, 11:42 AM   #97
mirandag819
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBGirl View Post
Can anyone else not get YouCanMakeThis.com to load. I keep getting a domain name is expired???
OMG me too! It says the domain name expired from godaddy and is pending renewal or deletion!

Etsy ID: MirandaG819
Old 05-09-2010, 11:51 AM   #98
ireland_nicole
No brainer- the fairy wins it
Personally, I'm an on site girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggy33 View Post
Geesh. I could have sworn I was on here after 9:15 and I still missed the move! Oh well, page for a Saturday move isn't too bad!

I'll even post some stuff.
Thanks for looking!
Cute!

[/QUOTE]
Bright and beautiful!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100AcrePrincess View Post
I finally have something
I can share. I swear, I feel like I've been sewing constantly lately, but I have nothing to show for it. This took forever & I still have another one just like it to make, but it's going to have to wait a bit. That's too much applique to do again just yet.

Awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billwendy View Post
Has anyone made anything for their Mom for Mother's Day? I made mine a boxy bag and filled it with travel stuff cause she is always on the road!!

Wonderful gift; great job!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirandag819 View Post

Super cute dress and bow, and GREAT mommy's day gift!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100AcrePrincess View Post
Thanks! I wish I had used a darker purple thread on Lumpy, but once I put it away for a bit, it looked fine.

VHC? Sure! I only had a bout 2 yds of the little caterpillars & words so I ended up doing a LOT of applique.

That's exactly the outfit I thought of when she asked! It really makes me wish I had a littler one again.
Quote:

WHy shouldn't you say anything? I'm so glad you trusted us enough to share your pain today. I'll be praying for your family; I can't imagine how hard this must be for you.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:56 AM   #99
ireland_nicole

OK, the pics aren't the best, but my family wasn't thrilled about multiple outfit changes just so mommy could get the pics. I've basically spent most of the last 4 months working on Disney stuff. Not sure why the thought of matching family outfits every day for 9 days seemed like such a good idea at the time, but once I started, I was commited. I made 40 adult t shirts, and 2 outfits per day per kid (plus a couple). I still have 2 dresses, one surprise pirate outfit, 2 bowling shirts, one pair of applique shorts and 2 adult t-s to finish, but other than that, I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel (here's hoping it's not a train)...

Anyway, I won't bore you with all the pics at once, so I'll go chronologically.

Day 1
Epcot; Nemo outfits GM is modelling the ladies t's; the guys are wearing mickey t's w/ the Nemo fabric.

I'm sending pics to a wonderful bling maker for matching jewels for DD each day (that will be her birthday present); but am going to have to think about perfect hair accessories soon. Anybody w/ great bow/shoe ideas, please lmk!
Thanks for lookin'!

Last edited by ireland_nicole; 05-09-2010 at 11:59 AM. Reason: add question
Old 05-09-2010, 11:57 AM   #100
billwendy
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Sally - thinking of and praying for you and Kirsta and your sisters today especially. Im glad you had such special times with your Mom and that she taught you to do things that you and your daughter love!!

Traumatic Brain Injury 2/5 & 9/6/2013
March is TBI Awareness Month!
Life changes in an instant! Shine On!
Old 05-09-2010, 12:01 PM   #101
ireland_nicole

btw: just checked ycmt, and it's working fine for me; maybe the problem is fixed?
Old 05-09-2010, 12:05 PM   #102
NaeNae
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ireland_nicole View Post
btw: just checked ycmt, and it's working fine for me; maybe the problem is fixed?
I just tried it and it doesn't work for me. I sure hope they get things straightened out.

Old 05-09-2010, 12:07 PM   #103
littlepeppers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My ycmt??????????????? Where is it? I need my stuff.
09 POP
10 POP

Old 05-09-2010, 12:09 PM   #104
Astro Orbiter
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirandag819 View Post
OMG me too! It says the domain name expired from godaddy and is pending renewal or deletion!
Quote:
I can't get to it either - whois.com confirms that it's expired and register.com says it's for sale. My GUESS is that something got delayed in the renewal process. My ADVICE is that we stay off the website today because scalpers may try to go in and snag it. (This is based on what's happened with certain quilting websites.)

Too bad for YCMT - I was planning on window shopping there today. Oh well - I'll shop the embroidery and quilting websites instead.

me , DH , DD7

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]WDW - 2006-2008 - AP holders - multiple resorts/trips
Old 05-09-2010, 12:13 PM   #105
TinkerbelleMom
Mom to 3 Princesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica52877 View Post
I see you'll are trying to ditch me yet again!
Blame Teresa!!! She's on vacation and probably thinks she can get away with anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBGirl View Post
The site is still up and running but you have to be sure to use the whole www. address, typing in the entire address. Someone on FB posted that YCMT may have let a redirect expire that would normally take you right there, without the www being typed first.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: