Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 06:09 PM   #46
TinkerbelleMom
Mom to 3 Princesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahm1000 View Post
You sound like me waiting in the line for preschool I got there at 5:00 in the morning back in the beginning of February and it was raining and around 40 degrees. And I was the seventh in line. The earlier ones had been there since 3:30 am ! And my girls barely got in!

I can see doing this for preschool, that's so much more important than a dance recital IMO. But the sad part is the parents who did this are vetrans, and the mommies of new dancers (preschool age) probably aren't aware how fast tickets sell out. And believe it or not, this way is probably better than general admission free-for-all when they line up at the theatre door 2 hours early and then save 40 seats with tape and ribbon...it did get ugly in there a few years ago from what I understand, lol. I missed it because we were at another studio then, and had 2 shows.
Old 05-08-2010, 06:43 PM   #47
visitingapril09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i12go2wdw View Post
Linette, I loved the outfits that you did with your blurry eyes, maybe I will try that and my things may come out better (I lost the quote in the page change)
I am going to be in your neck of the woods for the May long weekend (May 21-24 for you Americans) and I was wondering if there were any "not to be missed" fabric stores I should take a look at, we don't get very much Disney fabric up here, is there a good spot to stock up?

Welcome and well done, that is so cute!!
hey there i12go2dw...........wanted to say from White Rock!!! We lived in the Grand Boulevard area before moving out here. I never see locals on this board
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2010, 07:17 PM   #48
i12go2wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by visitingapril09 View Post
hey there i12go2dw...........wanted to say from White Rock!!! We lived in the Grand Boulevard area before moving out here. I never see locals on this board
Well hello, I have lived here forever (well, almost) what a small world, did you grow up here in North Van? I know someone who is in Maple Ridge from these boards but that is about it. Thanks for sayin HI!!

DL 9/88, DL 9/91, Dolphin 10/97, FW Cabin 10/01, Off Site 4/03, POFQ 5/05, DL 9/05, DL 10/06, CBR 2/07, DL 8/07, ASMU FamSuite 10/08, ASMU Famsuite 8/09, ASMO 8/10
DCL- 4day 2001, 7day 2003, Westbound repo 2005, B2B 7day Magic Oct. 2008

Etsy Shop http://doodadswithcharacter.etsy.com
Old 05-08-2010, 07:18 PM   #49
disneygirlsanddrew
DIS Veteran

Well, glad I made it here! This morning I was freezing my boondah off watching my DD play in her first soccer game but it sure was fun to watch her. she did great!

Teresa, i hope you have a great time on your trip. The weather has to be so much better than it is here. Brrrr!!!!
Old 05-08-2010, 07:24 PM   #50
visitingapril09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i12go2wdw View Post
Well hello, I have lived here forever (well, almost) what a small world, did you grow up here in North Van? I know someone who is in Maple Ridge from these boards but that is about it. Thanks for sayin HI!!
Did you go to school there? I graduated in 1987. Sent you a pm.

Last edited by visitingapril09; 05-08-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:46 PM   #51
100AcrePrincess
DIS Veteran

You ran off & left me & I still made by page 4. I think that's a record for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweevil View Post
My favorite designer is having one too and I am right there with you!

Love all the dresses, fabrics, cakes and babies on here lately!! I really need to sew something...

AND, I am on the cusp of buying a used Saturn Vue... scared because there goes my savings... I need a newer car but these things freak me out. Anybody have one?
I have one & I LOVE it! Mine's a 2006 & it's wonderful. I like that I have room to take all the stuff we need for a week at Disney, but I don't feel like I'm driving a tank. I also like that I'm going to be able to get 3 carseats in the back.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:45 PM   #52
Tweevil
Twin Evils....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100AcrePrincess View Post
I have one & I LOVE it! Mine's a 2006 & it's wonderful. I like that I have room to take all the stuff we need for a week at Disney, but I don't feel like I'm driving a tank. I also like that I'm going to be able to get 3 carseats in the back.
Thanks for letting me know.
I just paid for it today. I am not sure if I can drive it to Disney - 2200 mile trip - but it will certainly get me around for work and for caking! The back looks like it lays nice and flat so I am looking forward to that

I should get him on Wednesday - he is getting new brakes before I take receipt and I noticed today that there are 4 new tires on it so that makes me happy too!
Old 05-08-2010, 08:50 PM   #53
froggy33
DIS Veteran

Geesh. I could have sworn I was on here after 9:15 and I still missed the move! Oh well, page for a Saturday move isn't too bad!

I'll even post some stuff.

Thanks for looking!
Old 05-08-2010, 08:50 PM   #54
princessmom29
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbelleMom View Post
I knew we'd move today, but I didn't miss it, yea!!! I spent more than an hour waiting in line to get tickets to my DD's dance recital. This is the first year they haven't done general seating, so if you want center front, you need to get there early. I got there on time, and was probably 30th in line. I overheard some mothers saying they got there at 5:30am and were 5th in line. Guess I'm a slacker mom. DH disagrees because I also overheard someone else saying she volunteered to get tix for several families, and she bought 50. He says the slacker moms are the ones who let their friend wait in line.
We do tickets this way, and it has gotten to the point that people are camping or the night before starting when the kids get out of school, and sleeping in thier cars. They only allow 20 tickets to be purchased per space in line so that what you are talking about doesn't happen. We lucked out this year and had a friend on staff with enough extra tickets that we didn't have to camp out, but I have overnighted the last two years. I think it is so much better than general seating. I would much rather have a long night well in advance of the recital than have to get there way early on recital night. We are tired enought by the time we are there from 4:00 to midnight for rehersal the day before. DD6 really HAS to sleep in the next day if she is going to dance 5 numbers. We had people lining up outside the civic center doors at noon on recital day for a 6:30 pm performance. That makes for really cranky dancers by 11:00 when the last number rolls. It also cuts down on having to referee seat saving. That coudl be a nightmare in and of itself. This way no one has to get there before the doors open at 5:30 and vthe kids are in much better shape to dance.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:29 PM   #55
disneygirlsanddrew
DIS Veteran

Hey, i don't know if this should be answered on the board or PM'd to me, but I was wondering if anyone knows of an embroidery design out there that I could purchase of Mickey dressed up as dopey? I would really appreciate any help!
Old 05-08-2010, 09:31 PM   #56
danicaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggy33 View Post
Geesh. I could have sworn I was on here after 9:15 and I still missed the move! Oh well, page for a Saturday move isn't too bad!

Thanks for looking!
They look great! Wonderful Job!

I had a feeling I might miss the move
Page 4 isn't tooo bad Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Happy Mom's Day tomorrow!

Old 05-08-2010, 09:36 PM   #57
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

I know that you all are going to pass out of pure shock but I actually sewed today!!! Aisling's Sea World Simply Sweet (with the crazy fabric she picked out) is finished with 19 days to spare

My toothless model!

Old 05-08-2010, 09:41 PM   #58
glorib
Do the Truffle Shuffle!

Quote:

Thanks for looking!
So gorgeous! Love all those princess cuties!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
I know that you all are going to pass out of pure shock but I actually sewed today!!! Aisling's Sea World Simply Sweet (with the crazy fabric she picked out) is finished with 19 days to spare

My toothless model!

Cute! I love the colors - so vibrant!

- Lori -
Old 05-08-2010, 09:45 PM   #59
100AcrePrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks for looking!
very cute! I just love those princesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post

My toothless model!

Looks good! I really like the crazy fabric.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:51 PM   #60
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorib View Post
Cute! I love the colors - so vibrant!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100AcrePrincess View Post
Looks good! I really like the crazy fabric.
Thank you! The colors are growing on me We won't lose her at SW!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: