Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 10:18 AM   #181
snubie
DIS Veteran

GloriB
- I love your Minnie outfit with the Audrey skirt. But my question is about the tshirt Ella is wearing. I really like the ruffle neck. Where did you get it?
April 1985 Poly,May 2004 POFQ,Sept 2007 ASMU,Jan 2008 ASMU,May 2009 CBR,Jan 2011 POP - disboutiquers meet, Jan 2013 POR
Old 05-10-2010, 10:20 AM   #182
snubie
DIS Veteran

From Lauren
:dance 3:
She and I are playing on my mother's day gift - an iPad!
April 1985 Poly,May 2004 POFQ,Sept 2007 ASMU,Jan 2008 ASMU,May 2009 CBR,Jan 2011 POP - disboutiquers meet, Jan 2013 POR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2010, 10:36 AM   #183
Granna4679
DIS Veteran

Wow, I guess I missed the tram all together and had to walk....I am just catching up on page 12 (maybe 13 by the time I get all of these quotes on here). My oldest DD and DGDs were at my house all weekend and then my youngest DD surprised me and showed up on Sunday. I had the best Mother's Day with all of them.

Sally, I am so sorry for your loss. I too lost my mom several years ago and Mother's Day is still one of the hardest days to get through for me. I would love to tell her just one more time how much I love her and that the things she instilled into my life are still the things I remember and love to pass down to my DDs and DGDs. But the greatest thing we can do to honor our mom is to teach the next generation what we have learned from our moms and that loving God and our family is the most important in life.

Linette - Those Big Give outfits are fabulous. They are going to be thrilled. And you did them all in a day?

Tnkrbelle565 - Love the SW outfit. I am going to be making those in a week or so myself for our June trip.

Wendy - love the boxy bag for your mom. I am sure she loved it! That was so thoughtful.

Mirandag819 - That fancy nancy dress is just so cute. She looks so happy.

Nicole K - thanks for posting the pictures of the Sis Boom Sale. I love her fabrics and wish I lived in that part of the country so I could go. Pictures and reports from you are the next best thing. And little Miss Hannah is adorable.

Ireland_Nicole - The Nemo outfits are too cute. You have a been a busy girl. Keep it up. It will be rewarding. Can't wait to see the rest of the outfits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaeNae View Post
Just had to share this, only you guys would appreciate it.
I just started Toy Story 2 for DGD4 to watch. Every time I start a Disney movie and the castle comes on the tv my DGD4 screams "MY CASTLE!!!". She thinks that is her castle (and the one at the park) and no one else's!!!
My DGDs say that exact thing everytime. Or when Tinkerbell flys across, my DGD2 says "we are watching Tinkerbell" (she thinks every movie they watch is going to be Tinkerbell)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylin View Post
oh, this is my first time moving, I'm glad I made it!!!

Ok, quickie question. I did an applique shirt late last night, and I had my fabric a teenie tiny bit off so when it did the tacking stitch, a tiny spot of the applique fabric didn't get tacked down, it was too small. I was hoping the satin stitch would get it (it was that close) Well, the shirt is certainly wearable and looks great but if I pull at that spot I can see that's it's going to pop out and fray, probably when I was it. Is there anything I can do to fix it? Something to permanently hold it down? I could always do a slightly larger satin stitch over it, but it might look funny? Clear nail polish maybe ??(that's all I could think of!)
Maybe washable fabric glue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggy33 View Post
Geesh. I could have sworn I was on here after 9:15 and I still missed the move! Oh well, page for a Saturday move isn't too bad!

I'll even post some stuff.

]Thanks for looking!
Soooo cute! Love the cutie dress especially!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100AcrePrincess View Post
Thanks! I wish I had used a darker purple thread on Lumpy, but once I put it away for a bit, it looked fine.

VHC? Sure! I only had a bout 2 yds of the little caterpillars & words so I ended up doing a LOT of applique.

Love the VHC outfit! You did an awesome job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorib View Post
Some of you may have seen this one on facebook, but I haven't posted it here yet, so. . . here's an Audrey Ruffle Skirt set.

And now finally Ella's Cinderella dress. We went to the park yesterday to take nice photos, but my camera settings were all wonky and they didn't look too good, so we took some more pics today in the backyard. Used HeatherSue's fabulous carriage design on the bodice - I cannot even say how gorgeous this design is in person - it stitched out wonderfully - even with the silver metallic thread which can be a real pain to work with! Anyhoo, here's the dress with her petti underneath. I kind of wish I would have ordered an all white petti for wearing under clothes - this one is pink and white and while you can't see it in these pics, I'm afraid that it'll show during her BBB photos. Maybe I'll have to convince DH to let me buy her a white one. . .

I should add that this dress was inspired by both Teresa and Jeanne's Cinderella dresses . . . sort of a mishmash of the two. . .

AWESOME! Absolutely gorgeous. And look at the smile on her face. This is a beautiful picture (and I really love her curls too).
(me)(DH)
Old 05-10-2010, 10:41 AM   #184
visitingapril09
DIS Veteran

In one of the dresses just posted there is a wonderful cartoon strip style buzz lightyear fabric, can anyone tell me where I might find it sold?? I have never seen that before and love it!
Old 05-10-2010, 10:50 AM   #185
NaeNae
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiverofArrows View Post
Okay, when and where is the Audrey skirt pattern coming out? Have to have it!!! It takes me FOREVER to sew something though (you know...homeschooling, 6 children at home, farming, soaping, etc LOL) so I need to start on November/December outfits soon. I think it's going to be our family of 9 in one villa and my sisters with their husbands and children (9 total there) in the other villa. So, that is a LOT of sewing.
Lisa is selling the Audrey skirt pattern on Facebook. Just look her up there. "Please contact me at zoe_diva_designs@verizon.net for information or questions. Thanks" (from her facebook page)

Old 05-10-2010, 11:00 AM   #186
ellenbenny
DIS Veteran

I have been trying to read along, but haven't had time to post. Just got back from Michigan and my youngest son's graduation from Michigan State.

Love everything that has been posted. Sorry I am not commenting on each individually.

Sally, I am so sorry for your loss. I wish there was something I could say to help, but only time will help to make it a little easier.

I got to spend mother's day morning with both of my sons and my mother, which was a real treat for me, as we are normally not all together. Drove back home yesterday afternoon.

Hope to get back to sewing after work today.

Belated happy mother's day to all!
Old 05-10-2010, 11:00 AM   #187
ryleigh'smom2004
Earning My Ears

so i went camping this weekend and yall go and move on me! lol glad i made the move though! I love all the outfits that have been posted and I am so sorry for those who have lost loved ones especially their mother's. I hope every one is having a great day today!
Old 05-10-2010, 11:01 AM   #188
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyfromDE View Post
Kirsta is taking it really hard. She was so close to my Mother. Mom always said her Grandchildren were her greatest Joy. It would hit hard anyday, but I keep thinking of the things I said we were going to do. She really wanted to see the movie Tooth, but was too sick earlier to go. I told her it was out on DVD and I was going to get it for her for Mothers Day. Why does his bother me so much? I plan on going to buy it and bury it with her.

I started to do some craft shows in the fall, for extra income, and to do something with all the "stuff" I make on my new embroidery machine. But I'm not really feeling it now, she used to go with me to keep me company.

But my poor nephew. Mom's oldest grandchild. He's 21, and he and his girlfriend bought a house at Thanksgiving, got engaged at Xmas. They decided to get married now, since he's going to be deployed to Afghanistand for 6 months. They get married on Friday. Mom told the Doctors they had to hurry and fix her up, she had a wedding to go to.

While sitting with Mom in her last hours, I saw her twice reach out inthe air. I think she was reaching for the light, God's hand, or maybe she saw my Dad? I know we all go sometime. But I thought we had another 20years with her. My Gmother was 93 when she passed, and her mother was 105. But I know that Mom is now pain free.

Thank you for all the hugs. I'll need them in the next weeks.
Sally, I'm so sorry and will keep you and your mom in my prayers.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:10 AM   #189
Camping Griswalds
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snubie View Post
From Lauren
:dance 3:
Oh I really want one of these! My DH told me I could order one, but then so many people have told me to wait for the "next" version. Do you love yours? Does it play movies? How about Netflix movies? Have you done any of the i-books yet???
Old 05-10-2010, 11:14 AM   #190
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlsanddrew View Post

Question:

My DD has the white princess gown for WDW and it is really pretty but she won't wear it very often because it is itchy, especially the sleeves under her arms. It feels like fishing line is poking her. Any ideas on how I can help make this less itchy so she doesn't always have to wear a tshirt under it? I don't think I can iron something on like interfacing because of the lightweight fabrics and metallic trims - i'm scared they will melt. Any help would be much appreciated.
I have done this before. I refer to it as "de-itching" a dress..... I use satin fabric cut on a bias. I figure the width needed ahead of time and serge one edge. I sew it right sides down along the seam line, the fold it over and stitch it down again fully encasing the itchy seam.

I like the bias cut because it comforms to the curve of the sleeve better than cutting a strip WITH the grain or using ribbon.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:30 AM   #191
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!
There is no such thing as too young or too old for Disney World!
Thinks glow in the dark ricrak is cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Pinks View Post
Good morning ladies. This is my first time posting. We are in the very beginning stages of planning our fist Disney trip which won't be until December 2011 so I have lost of time to plan outfits and sew!

Welcome!!! Cute outfit!
Quote:
I made it! Thank you, Tour Guide Teresa for making our move easy! And even while you're on vacation! What a gal!
You crack me up! You are welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherSue View Post
What's with the sneak attack? Moving 6 pages early and not even telling your little sister? Didn't think I could handle posting the new thread, did yah?
Sorry, I thought you would see it! You posted after I said I was moving us early. Forgive me please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaeNae View Post
Just had to share this, only you guys would appreciate it.
I just started Toy Story 2 for DGD4 to watch. Every time I start a Disney movie and the castle comes on the tv my DGD4 screams "MY CASTLE!!!". She thinks that is her castle (and the one at the park) and no one else's!!!
Too cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggy33 View Post
Geesh. I could have sworn I was on here after 9:15 and I still missed the move! Oh well, page for a Saturday move isn't too bad!

I'll even post some stuff.
[

Thanks for looking!
Glad you made it!! Thanks for the pictures! I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
I know that you all are going to pass out of pure shock but I actually sewed today!!! Aisling's Sea World Simply Sweet (with the crazy fabric she picked out) is finished with 19 days to spare
My toothless model!

That is cute!!! Good job!
Quote:
I finally have something I can share. I swear, I feel like I've been sewing constantly lately, but I have nothing to show for it. This took forever & I still have another one just like it to make, but it's going to have to wait a bit. That's too much applique to do again just yet.

This outfit is adorable!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwendy View Post
Has anyone made anything for their Mom for Mother's Day? I made mine a boxy bag and filled it with travel stuff cause she is always on the road!!

I like that Wendy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirandag819 View Post
Wow you all move fast! I still have to catch up on the last thread, but just thought I would share something else I made. I made this Fancy Nancy dress for Taylor, she wore it to my brother and future sister in laws wedding shower today. She thought the fancy nancy dress was her flower girl dress lol, we are going to have to convince her she can't wear it to the wedding.

Love the FN outfit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Toadstool* View Post
9 am?? C'mon TeresaJoy!! Don't you know I am sleeping then???

Hope you are having fun! Totally jealous!
Will catch up later.. off for some midnight wal mart shopping.
Sorry! Yes, we are having a great time!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clhemsath View Post
Okay, I made it back. After 6 weeks of cleaning and getting our house back into shape after my parents/brother lived with us, I am ready to start sewing. Only 41 days until DW and I don't have any of the outfits done. That is plenty of time, right? Hopefully I will be back soon to share some photos of some finished outfits!
I've been wondering how you were! And, yes you have plenty of time! I don't usually start sewing until a week or two before the trip!
Quote:

This is so adorable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ireland_nicole View Post
OK, the pics aren't the best, but my family wasn't thrilled about multiple outfit changes just so mommy could get the pics. I've basically spent most of the last 4 months working on Disney stuff. Not sure why the thought of matching family outfits every day for 9 days seemed like such a good idea at the time, but once I started, I was commited. I made 40 adult t shirts, and 2 outfits per day per kid (plus a couple). I still have 2 dresses, one surprise pirate outfit, 2 bowling shirts, one pair of applique shorts and 2 adult t-s to finish, but other than that, I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel (here's hoping it's not a train)...

Anyway, I won't bore you with all the pics at once, so I'll go chronologically.

Day 1
Epcot; Nemo outfits GM is modelling the ladies t's; the guys are wearing mickey t's w/ the Nemo fabric.
I really love these!!! Your daughter's dress is so cute! The ricrack looks great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbelleMom View Post
Blame Teresa!!! She's on vacation and probably thinks she can get away with anything!
That made me laugh!

Quote:

And finally - her very first petti!

Love your Audrey!!! So cute!
The Cinderella dress is amazing!!!! That is so beautiful! My girls like the white pettis with lace to wear underneath dresses. They aren't quite as heavy, and you don't get the ridge that you sometimes get with the fluff ones. (not that I really see that on this dress)
And, I LOOOOOOVE your petti picture!!! Could you pretty please post that on my fanpage??? It is so cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie757 View Post
You guys moved while I was at Disney! We just got back...literally 30 minutes ago. We had a lovely time. You know that I saw ZERO customs the whole trip! I was shocked. I will pop some photos up later tonight after I feed the crew and get dd in bed. She really needs to get to bed on time tonight.
No excuse!!! I was at Disney when I moved us! I hope you had a great vacation!!! We took your advice and went to MK yesterday! It was GREAT!!! Hardly any crowds, especially in the morning! We walked on most everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahk0204 View Post
Hello! I have lurked on this thread in the past, but now I have a question. I have sewn dresses for DD for our Disney trips - always sundresses because we travel in June or July Too hot for satin! I've included some pictures of past hits, as instructed I have a Brother Disney Embroidery Machine.

So, my long-winded intro is to ask, has anyone purchased a Japanese card to use in a Brother Embroidery Machine (model PE-180D)? Or, should I just purchase the Best Pals card? Any suggestions would be appreciated. TIA!
I love the outfits!!! I can't help with the card, I've never bought a pre-loaded card for my machine before, so I can't help you there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie757 View Post
Ok, I just was browsing through the last thread and had to reply to McDuck...that dress you are working on (unless you finished since then) is one of my favorite simplicity patterns! I have used it a zillion times. It was actually the first EVER thing I sewed and the first ever pattern I used. If you need any help just let me know. That dress you are working on is really hard to get over the head and shoulders so I have started hemming the back about halfway down and using a button at the top with a loop of elastic to close it. Here is a pic of one of her dresses from that pattern...she is soooo little then I can't find one of her wearing it...I wasn't good with modeling pics back then.
CUTE dress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosiekins View Post
Okay I admit it, I stuck my hand out of the tram on the way over and stood up before it stopped moving...I will just go put myself in the corner!
You are funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmar View Post
Oh my gosh...you people are amazing!! I stumbled across this thread, and I'm just in awe of everyone's talent and creativity!!
Stick around, we'll have you sewing in no time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKD View Post
I finished my Ariel gown! :D Well It's wearable..the bottom skirt is just a panel loosely sewn onto the skirt for the day

The only picture I have of the whole dress is this one that I found on the ocweekly site.

I also caved in and have a facebook now
Search up Helen Ceron
It looks great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyfromDE View Post
Kirsta is taking it really hard. She was so close to my Mother. Mom always said her Grandchildren were her greatest Joy. It would hit hard anyday, but I keep thinking of the things I said we were going to do. She really wanted to see the movie Tooth, but was too sick earlier to go. I told her it was out on DVD and I was going to get it for her for Mothers Day. Why does his bother me so much? I plan on going to buy it and bury it with her.

I started to do some craft shows in the fall, for extra income, and to do something with all the "stuff" I make on my new embroidery machine. But I'm not really feeling it now, she used to go with me to keep me company.

But my poor nephew. Mom's oldest grandchild. He's 21, and he and his girlfriend bought a house at Thanksgiving, got engaged at Xmas. They decided to get married now, since he's going to be deployed to Afghanistand for 6 months. They get married on Friday. Mom told the Doctors they had to hurry and fix her up, she had a wedding to go to.

While sitting with Mom in her last hours, I saw her twice reach out inthe air. I think she was reaching for the light, God's hand, or maybe she saw my Dad? I know we all go sometime. But I thought we had another 20years with her. My Gmother was 93 when she passed, and her mother was 105. But I know that Mom is now pain free.

Thank you for all the hugs. I'll need them in the next weeks.
Sally, I'm just so very sorry. Your Mom sounds like she was a very special person. I am praying for you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesskayla View Post
Has anyone made the ruffle neck dress? I am looking for a pattern for it cause I think it is so cute. Does anyone know where I can find one or how to it? I could probably figure it out myself - but I don't want to think. Lazy,I know.
Do you mean the Cathy? on YCMT? I'm not sure which dress you are looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlsanddrew View Post
I
My DD has the white princess gown for WDW and it is really pretty but she won't wear it very often because it is itchy, especially the sleeves under her arms. It feels like fishing line is poking her. Any ideas on how I can help make this less itchy so she doesn't always have to wear a tshirt under it? I don't think I can iron something on like interfacing because of the lightweight fabrics and metallic trims - i'm scared they will melt. Any help would be much appreciated.
I was going to say the same thing as Kristine, I've put ribbon on scratchy parts for several of the girls' outfits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiverofArrows View Post
As I just said earlier, my mother passed away and us 4 daughters are really having a hard time with this. She was close to all of us. We always wanted to have a family vacation together but the closest we got was my wedding 15 yrs ago. However, one of my sisters didn't come. So, I am wanting to rent a villa for my sisters and that is the only way they can come and we were thinking of having a remembrance ceremony for my mom. One sister's husband has cancer and they are in their 20's and newly married. In the past 18 months, one sister went through a divorce and then had a bad car accident that made her get back surgery, baby sister got married and bought a house then I got pregnant and was put on bedrest for the 1st time, found out my new brother-in-law had cancer, my other sister and her husband both lost their job on the same day and they are living on 25% of previous funds and they lost their home, found out my baby needed open heart surgery and had seizures afterwards, Mom passed away unexpectedly 2 weeks after her 62nd birthday, BIL's cancer went to brain and we just found out last week that it has now spread to his legs and lymph nodes along his leg. We are desperately praying that our baby girl, Geneva, won't need another surgery because she has two valves that are smaller and just barely large enough to not need surgery. So, we are trying to plan our trip so knowing that there could be a medical emergency at any time. I'm mapping out hospitals along the way and in Orlando, should we have to fly back to Vanderbilt with heart problems or my brother-in-law should need help and praying her beats this cancer.

Sorry, back to my points. We don't have a lot of extra money and have saved for 3 yrs for this vacation. I would like to pay for the villa for my sisters and that is $600 plus 13% tax. So, we may need to cut something out. The children really want to go to Chef Mickey and Hoop-Dee-Doo but I think we need to cut one. We are getting our tickets with the Give a Day because we volunteered as a family. I did buy the VMCP tickets and that is all we are doing at Disney. If you had to cut one of the dinner shows, which one would it be? We are making many of our meals in the villas so I'm not sure how else we can cut costs. Any other ideas?

Thanks so much!! You all are great! I'm so happy that I have most of the fabric I'll need for the customs. I had so many gift cards for a fabric store that I was able to buy tubs of them. I tried to sell some of the fabric but people didn't even want to pay $1/yard. I gave some away to a lady teaching free sewing lessons. The rest are things I'll use at some point and I'm so thankful to have them. I'll just need to get a few yards of things here and there.
Wow. I'm so sorry. That is so much to deal with.
I would drop the one that is most expensive, but that's just me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by snubie View Post
From Lauren

OOOH! How do you like it?!
Old 05-10-2010, 11:52 AM   #192
mjaclyn
Currently in Wonderland

Hi! I'm new to this thread and just wanted to say that I am SO impressed with everyone's work!! I just returned from WDW and saw the cutest hand made outfits. It really made me wish that I could sew and make clothes as good as that! Is it too late for me to learn? Right now I can barely sew on a button and I'm sure it takes a lot of time and effort to become very good at it...but I would LOVE the chance! Does anyone know where to even start? Are there classes? Any help is greatly appreciated!!
Old 05-10-2010, 12:04 PM   #193
itsheresomewhere
Mouseketeer

Has anyone used digitalbydesign?

Do her designs stitch out well? She has something I want and is the only one with it.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:20 PM   #194
hollybearsmom
Please send my fairy godmother home, pronto!

I got to whip up this tank for my dd over the weekend. I think I'm going to finish the bottom off with some pink rickrack.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:26 PM   #195
Diz-Mommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsheresomewhere View Post
Has anyone used digitalbydesign?

Do her designs stitch out well? She has something I want and is the only one with it.
I enjoy her work. Her satin stitches are a little more narrow, so you have to be meticulous with your fabric trimming, but other than that I can't think of any design I've had problems with.

Last edited by Diz-Mommy; 05-10-2010 at 02:09 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: