Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-07-2010, 08:31 AM   #1531
disneygirlsanddrew
DIS Veteran
 
disneygirlsanddrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 744

Quote:
Originally Posted by clhemsath View Post


I made these capri pants for the girls to wear in the car on the way to WDW.




Thanks for looking!!
Where did you get the fabric that you made the capris with? It is so cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorib View Post
Hey everybody!!!!! I'm hopelessly behind - I've been in a whirlwind the past weeks - getting ready for dance recital and vacation - next time remind me not to plan a vacation right after recital! Whew! BUT - the good news is - We are leaving in the morning!

Our flight is EARLY, so we're heading to bed, but I just wanted to check in real quick! I'll tell Mickey that all the disbou's say HI!
Have fun!!!! Post pics when you get back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2JulietJocelyn View Post
The Princess & the Frog is turning into my fav Disney movie - not just for the movie but mainly because of the way Evangeline sings to it and dances and loves it so much!


I know you don't know my dad but we are having a very nerve wracking week here... My dad has a squishy lump the size of a baseball on his chest/under his arm, he is getting testing done this week - blood & cat scan. then he has to make an appointment to see the surgeon for a biopsy. We all keep thinking the worst becasue my grandmom- his mom, died of breast Cancer with mets to the brain just last year. So of course Dad jumps right to that. He told my mom this weekend that he is afraid somehting is going to happen and my girls won't remember him.... Dad is only 52. I know it could be a fatty tumor but I just keep thinking lymphoma in my head. We are all praying it is benign whatever it is. My mom's mom is very worried "since his mom isn't here anymore, I have to be worried for her".
Thanks for letting me vent......anytime I actually try to talk to someone in real words and not just typeface I start to cry and can't stop. I am going to be a wreck all week I am sure.
Thanks everyone for listening.
Carol
My youngest DD loves that movie too. She always wants to watch that one and she quotes the funny things prince naveen says on a daily basis.

I'm sorry to hear you are going through this with your dad. Keep us posted.



Wendy, the picture of your little guy sleeping in the sand is SO cute! I love how he insists that he is awake!!!
disneygirlsanddrew is offline  
Old 06-07-2010, 08:44 AM   #1532
disneygirlsanddrew
DIS Veteran
 
disneygirlsanddrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 744

Does anyone know where I can find Detroit Tigers fabric that is not fleece or flannel? And hopefully won't cost me a fortune? =)
disneygirlsanddrew is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-07-2010, 09:31 AM   #1533
Mommy2JulietJocelyn
DIS Veteran
 
Mommy2JulietJocelyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Franklinville, NJ
Posts: 936

Thanks everyone for your prayers. I will let you know how things go.




Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlsanddrew View Post
Does anyone know where I can find Detroit Tigers fabric that is not fleece or flannel? And hopefully won't cost me a fortune? =)
I go through the same with Phillies fabric and actually ended up buying a pair pf PJ pants in a size 2XL just so I could have the knit fabric!
__________________
Me David Juliet 6 Jocelyn 5 : Evangeline 3
ASMovies w/FD 9/25 - 10/2/2006
ASMovies w/FD 9/16/-9/24/2008 SSR Aug 2009 BLT May 2010



Mommy2JulietJocelyn is offline  
Old 06-07-2010, 09:34 AM   #1534
babynala
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,626

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahm1000 View Post
Hey everybody! Sorry I haven't been around for a while. We have had a busy month since we've been home from WDW. Both girls had soccer tournaments, the end of school madness and parties, and my DH had surgery a week and a half ago. He had to have his spine fused between his c6 and c7 vertabrae b/c of a herniated disk that compressing his spinal cord. The surgery went well and he's recovering well but he can't do anything! He can't raise his hands above his head, lift anything over 5 lbs., DRIVE, nothing! So sorry I haven't been around, I've been nursing him! And we are both driving each other crazy! I was not made to be a nurse (at least to my husband, to other's I'd probably be more patient) and he was not made to be a patient (since he's not very patient!!!). We'll get through it though. Maybe !
Yikes, hope he is doing better soon. Sorry, I don't have any information about the military family. Maybe the hotel staff or park staff would be able to point them in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksunshine View Post
Hey everyone! Been SO busy these past few days with the new baby. Here is a link to the album on FB with his pictures!
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...7&l=70a171a23a
What a sweetheart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyfromDE View Post
I finally got around to finishing my first Vida. The applique was supposed to be a tester. But I didn't have time to do another one, but it's okay. My Mom helped me clip the theads when she was in the hospital, so the origional is alittle special to me.



As usual, Kirsta didn't want to take her clothes off under the top. I made it like a tunic, and she has bike shorts to wear with it. I still need to adjust under the arms, I have them a little tight. But you get the idea. She wanted a large Mad Hatter hat, so we made a compromise, and I got her a mini one.
Great job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
Only thing left to do is sew on the buttons. I'll have to wait til tomorrow when my niece is awake. She grew a bit since I made the Cat dress.

Thanks for your help and opinions! This dress is for our early breakfast at Crystal Palace.
This dress came out great, you did a nice job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100AcrePrincess View Post
Everything looks great! We're in GA about to get back on the raod to Disney.

We found out Friday that we're having a boy!

After 2 girls this will be a big change, but everyone's very excited!
Congratulations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyfromDE View Post
Here is my Jasmine. I really like how it came out. AND she did take her clothes off to try this one on for you! But I couldn't get the top adjusted. It's too far back or something. Anyway, you the idea.


I made the legs so they can be worn below the knee with the cute ruffle. But she preferes to pull them up above the knee. Of course her favorite part is the pocketbook.

I think the "REAL" Jasmine needs a summer outfit.
Oh wow, this is awesome. Glad your daughter didn't try this one on over her clothes! She looks great and so happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clhemsath View Post
Okay, so the models are home from their slumber parties. You can tell by the CRANKY looks on their faces most of the time. I have taken quite a few pictures, so I will try to spread them out over the next few days. The first is t-shirts that my SIL gave the girls. They will match shirts with their cousins, so I made skirts. They picked out the fabric...

I made these capri pants for the girls to wear in the car on the way to WDW.

Finally I made a Dumbo Vida for my youngest to wear to MK. We haven't decided what Bella will wear. Two pictures to get a close up of the applique. My first real one I did "by hand" on the machine! Also, haven't really decided what to do with the straps. WAY too long...

Thanks for looking!!
You have been busy. I love the Dumbo dress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyslady View Post
Hi All. I thought i'd introduce my self. I'm a military wife and SAHM to 4 kids ages 14, 9, 4and 23mo. I got my first sewing machine a little over 5 years ago and have slowly started teaching myself to sew. We have just made reservations for our first trip to WDW at the end of July. We will be staying 5days 4 nights in the kidani village villas. I'm so excited, i feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. I've got big plans for some Disney sewing... I love seeing what everyone on this board is/has been doing.

Thanks!
Jodi
Welcome, can't wait to see what you make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAMom View Post
Welcome Edward Thomas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[IMG][/IMG]

Our Grandson arrived yesterday, 9 lbs 3 ozs 23 in long!
His Christening is on the 11th and we are supposed to fly out on the 10th. The Dr told DH that because of the DVT he may not be able to fly. I am so sad to go without him and DH is heartbroken to not be able to go but they just can't seem to get his levels right. He is still injecting blood thinners twice a day and taking oral blood thinners. His Doc is consulting with the hematologist and I am praying they give him the OK to fly!
What a cute little baby boy. I hope your husband gets the OK to fly, if not it will be an excuse for another trip to see the baby. Hope DH is better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwendy View Post
So, I got these leggins at Target for Hannah for a dollar - thought they were just so cute and cheerful!! I found a plain tshirt to match and then desided to put a flower on it!!!


And for my nonfacebook friends, here are a few pictures from our beach trip last weekend!!!
Me and Hannybannahny

I was trying to teach her to pose - this is somewhere between a Jojo and a Megan with a touch of Aisling maybe?????? lol

Bekah -my almost graduate...she is truely the first child that I saw from beginning to now...she had just been born when I started dating Billy!!

Me and my SIL Beth!!

Me and Elizabeth!!

Tim was in the middle of a sand angel, and all of the sudden fell asleep!!! Although he INSISTS that for those 2 hours he was wide awake!! haha

Then Han just wondered up and sat on Billy and she was out too!!!

ANd our first sandcastle of the season! Tim is still a wrecker, but Hannah has graduated!! She is now actually a helper!!!!!!
Love the appliqued t-shirt and leggings. Looks like you guys wore everyone out with your trip to the beach. Great job on the sand castle. Thanks for sharing the pictures. What a fun day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2JulietJocelyn View Post
Well ---I have been playing with STitchEra Universal ----- boy oh boy do I appreciate our digitizers!!!! But I did get it mostly figured out. I actually stitched out something on my babylock and it turned out ok ----learned a few things that I have to fix. I did not do the complete design before I tried it so I will post pics after I fix what I have to and try it again. Of course I am not doing something simple to learn this program. I am making a Ray for my very special "Evangeline" dress for our Evangeline --- Ray is her favorite and she says "Ray sing me" The Princess & the Frog is turning into my fav Disney movie - not just for the movie but mainly because of the way Evangeline sings to it and dances and loves it so much!

We did have to call Poison Control today because Evangeline shot herself in the eye with Bullfrog Mosquito Coast. Fun, Fun, Fun!!!! Eye washing on a 2 y.o. is more than a challenge, it's a gymnastic feat!

I know you don't know my dad but we are having a very nerve wracking week here... My dad has a squishy lump the size of a baseball on his chest/under his arm, he is getting testing done this week - blood & cat scan. then he has to make an appointment to see the surgeon for a biopsy. We all keep thinking the worst becasue my grandmom- his mom, died of breast Cancer with mets to the brain just last year. So of course Dad jumps right to that. He told my mom this weekend that he is afraid somehting is going to happen and my girls won't remember him.... Dad is only 52. I know it could be a fatty tumor but I just keep thinking lymphoma in my head. We are all praying it is benign whatever it is. My mom's mom is very worried "since his mom isn't here anymore, I have to be worried for her".
Thanks for letting me vent......anytime I actually try to talk to someone in real words and not just typeface I start to cry and can't stop. I am going to be a wreck all week I am sure.
Thanks everyone for listening.
Carol
I hope your daughter is all recovered from her injury and that everything works out for your dad. Feel free to vent anytime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-beri View Post
WENDY!!! What wonderful beach pictures Looks like you had a great time. I am impressed the guys dug deep enough to stand in the holes, WOW! I just love seeing pictures of your smiling face, it makes me smile.

So, guess what! I actually sewed something. LOL. It was a present for the one year old daughter of one of DH's bandmates.
I made this Modkid style knotted jumper w/ the Scientific Seamstress Simply Sweet pattern. Gathering the waist gave me TONS of fits (as usual) and I seam ripped it twice but thought it wasn't safe to try it one more time so left it w/ a flat gap under the left arm. I'm sure no one will notice but me. Especially when she's wearing it. But I do SO like for presents to be perfect.



I got this Heidi Grace fabric last year on Clearance AND on sale for 1.50 yd. WOO HOO!
This is so cute, I'm sure she will love it.
__________________
Me (Liz) DH DD (12) DS (9)


babynala is offline  
Old 06-07-2010, 10:08 AM   #1535
GrammaBelle
Earning My Ears
 
GrammaBelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by h518may View Post
Heres were I ordered my bobbins from http://www.allthreads.com/bobbins.aspx . I ordered the size 15/a, hey work fine in my 270D. Hope that helps.
The instruction book for my Brother is ADAMANT that I only use their bobbins. It won't even tell me what size they are, just gives me the Brother part number for ordering. Does anyone ignore that and buy the prewounds for the PES 700II?
__________________
Kimberly
Gramma to 5 beautiful Kansas grands, and twins here in Washington!
GrammaBelle is offline  
Old 06-07-2010, 10:38 AM   #1536
ncmomof2
DIS Veteran
 
ncmomof2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 802

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammaBelle View Post
The instruction book for my Brother is ADAMANT that I only use their bobbins. It won't even tell me what size they are, just gives me the Brother part number for ordering. Does anyone ignore that and buy the prewounds for the PES 700II?
I have the brother 1500D and my the teacher in the class for my machine told me it was a size L bobbin. But when I do a search online, it says also the size 15. I know I have metal thing that can be used with NEB bobbins? If that helps...
__________________
Denise

Me: : DH: DS12: DS10: DD7: DD5:

DCL 12/15, DW 9/14, DCL 12/13, DW 9/13, DL 12/12,, DW 9/12, DW 9/11, DW 9/10, DW 9/09, DW 9/08, DW 9/07, DW 12/06, DW 9/05



Last edited by ncmomof2; 06-07-2010 at 10:48 AM.
ncmomof2 is offline  
Old 06-07-2010, 11:14 AM   #1537
Diz-Mommy
DIS Veteran
 
Diz-Mommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 772

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammaBelle View Post
The instruction book for my Brother is ADAMANT that I only use their bobbins. It won't even tell me what size they are, just gives me the Brother part number for ordering. Does anyone ignore that and buy the prewounds for the PES 700II?
I think winding your own bobbins is more cost effective even using the pricer Brother bobbin thread, so I don't have much input on which to order. I do know all Brother machines take the same bobbin however, so as long as the package says "Brother" you're fine.
__________________
Angie



Diz-Mommy is offline  
Old 06-07-2010, 11:26 AM   #1538
t-beri
Feels Alice is vastly under represented and LOVED Tink before it was cool
 
t-beri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: 1.75Hrs. west of WDW
Posts: 2,069

Just found this really cute skirt tutorial, thought I'd share w/ you guys.
http://www.dana-made-it.com/2008/07/...ket-skirt.html
__________________
t-beri is offline  
Old 06-07-2010, 11:32 AM   #1539
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Monroe, GA
Posts: 2,861

My Brother PE770 uses a size A bobbin. Which is the same as a size 15...which is standard domestic sewing machine bobbin size. My long arm quilter uses a larger size L, while the larger still size M is for most brands of heavy duty long arm quilters.

You should be able to hold up your regular sewing machine bobbin, next to one that came with your Brother and see if they are the same size or not...you will be able to tell...the size L will be 'taller' than the size A, although the diameter is basically the same.

(to further confuse you, my Singer sewing machine takes an A...but can also use the size L because there is a little extra space in the bobbin area to accommodate it.

Good Luck!

Nini
__________________
Nini Morris

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?



NiniMorris is offline  
Old 06-07-2010, 12:07 PM   #1540
billwendy
DIS Veteran
 
billwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: essington, PA
Posts: 4,938

Quote:
Originally Posted by h518may View Post
Heres were I ordered my bobbins from http://www.allthreads.com/bobbins.aspx . I ordered the size 15/a, hey work fine in my 270D. Hope that helps.
Thanks - Im looking at them now - they also have those thread nets - anyone have those? do they really help? I hate it when the threads are all over the place!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2JulietJocelyn View Post
Well ---I have been playing with STitchEra Universal ----- boy oh boy do I appreciate our digitizers!!!! But I did get it mostly figured out. I actually stitched out something on my babylock and it turned out ok ----learned a few things that I have to fix. I did not do the complete design before I tried it so I will post pics after I fix what I have to and try it again. Of course I am not doing something simple to learn this program. I am making a Ray for my very special "Evangeline" dress for our Evangeline --- Ray is her favorite and she says "Ray sing me" The Princess & the Frog is turning into my fav Disney movie - not just for the movie but mainly because of the way Evangeline sings to it and dances and loves it so much!

We did have to call Poison Control today because Evangeline shot herself in the eye with Bullfrog Mosquito Coast. Fun, Fun, Fun!!!! Eye washing on a 2 y.o. is more than a challenge, it's a gymnastic feat!

I know you don't know my dad but we are having a very nerve wracking week here... My dad has a squishy lump the size of a baseball on his chest/under his arm, he is getting testing done this week - blood & cat scan. then he has to make an appointment to see the surgeon for a biopsy. We all keep thinking the worst becasue my grandmom- his mom, died of breast Cancer with mets to the brain just last year. So of course Dad jumps right to that. He told my mom this weekend that he is afraid somehting is going to happen and my girls won't remember him.... Dad is only 52. I know it could be a fatty tumor but I just keep thinking lymphoma in my head. We are all praying it is benign whatever it is. My mom's mom is very worried "since his mom isn't here anymore, I have to be worried for her".
Thanks for letting me vent......anytime I actually try to talk to someone in real words and not just typeface I start to cry and can't stop. I am going to be a wreck all week I am sure.
Thanks everyone for listening.
Carol
Cant wait to see Ray - how is Evangiline today? Is her eye allright? Poor baby... must have been scarey for both of you! Praying for your dad...the unknown is always so horrible! You can vent to me anytime - Im here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-beri View Post
WENDY!!! What wonderful beach pictures Looks like you had a great time. I am impressed the guys dug deep enough to stand in the holes, WOW! I just love seeing pictures of your smiling face, it makes me smile.

So, guess what! I actually sewed something. LOL. It was a present for the one year old daughter of one of DH's bandmates.
I made this Modkid style knotted jumper w/ the Scientific Seamstress Simply Sweet pattern. Gathering the waist gave me TONS of fits (as usual) and I seam ripped it twice but thought it wasn't safe to try it one more time so left it w/ a flat gap under the left arm. I'm sure no one will notice but me. Especially when she's wearing it. But I do SO like for presents to be perfect.



I got this Heidi Grace fabric last year on Clearance AND on sale for 1.50 yd. WOO HOO!
Way to go T!! Long time not much see!! Haha - how are all your kids? Ready for summer? I need so see how big your girls have gotten! How long till Violets bday?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncmomof2 View Post
I have the brother 1500D and my the teacher in the class for my machine told me it was a size L bobbin. But when I do a search online, it says also the size 15. I know I have metal thing that can be used with NEB bobbins? If that helps...
I tried a pack of L prewounds from Joann's and they got all wonky in my machine...do you have any luck with them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diz-Mommy View Post
I think winding your own bobbins is more cost effective even using the pricer Brother bobbin thread, so I don't have much input on which to order. I do know all Brother machines take the same bobbin however, so as long as the package says "Brother" you're fine.
I felt my machine worked much better with the prewounds...maybe it depends on your machine? I tried, believe me. With the prewounds it seems on my little ol machine that they last much longer and I dont get any nests. But Im all for cost effective!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
My Brother PE770 uses a size A bobbin. Which is the same as a size 15...which is standard domestic sewing machine bobbin size. My long arm quilter uses a larger size L, while the larger still size M is for most brands of heavy duty long arm quilters.

You should be able to hold up your regular sewing machine bobbin, next to one that came with your Brother and see if they are the same size or not...you will be able to tell...the size L will be 'taller' than the size A, although the diameter is basically the same.

(to further confuse you, my Singer sewing machine takes an A...but can also use the size L because there is a little extra space in the bobbin area to accommodate it.

Good Luck!

Nini
Nini - you make me laugh....now I am really confused!!! lol!!!! Since both my Nana's old Kennmore sewing machine was a hand me down and my 270D is a craigslist purchase...I feel like I dont really know bout my own machines!!!
__________________
Wendy Billy and our fur ball Tigger

Traumatic Brain Injury 2/5 & 9/6/2013
March is TBI Awareness Month!
Life changes in an instant! Shine On!
billwendy is offline  
Old 06-07-2010, 12:36 PM   #1541
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Monroe, GA
Posts: 2,861

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwendy View Post



I tried a pack of L prewounds from Joann's and they got all wonky in my machine...do you have any luck with them?



I felt my machine worked much better with the prewounds...maybe it depends on your machine? I tried, believe me. With the prewounds it seems on my little ol machine that they last much longer and I dont get any nests. But Im all for cost effective!!!



Nini - you make me laugh....now I am really confused!!! lol!!!! Since both my Nana's old Kennmore sewing machine was a hand me down and my 270D is a craigslist purchase...I feel like I dont really know bout my own machines!!!
According to the Brother website...your uses SA156...which is the same as mine...so it takes a size A or a size 15. You can get the prewounds that are a size A...I like Marathon's...or if you just need more bobbins, you can get the ones from Singer (a little cheaper than the ones from Brother) and wind your own.

The only problem I have winding my own...I can never get as much on mine as the prewounds can get. I also have a problem getting them nice and neat. The neater they are, the better they sew...not sure if that makes sense or not...If the thread isn't wound tight and neatly, it puts stress on the thread as it is coming off the bobbin, which can cause tension issues...



Nini

...or and really sorry to confuse you....but I seem to be realllllly good at that!
__________________
Nini Morris

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?



NiniMorris is offline  
Old 06-07-2010, 01:08 PM   #1542
t-beri
Feels Alice is vastly under represented and LOVED Tink before it was cool
 
t-beri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: 1.75Hrs. west of WDW
Posts: 2,069

ask and ye shall receive. Wendy, here are some pictures from Liliana's graduation the week before last.

Lily w/ her diploma.


Me and Violet on our way into the graduation (her b-day is July 10th btw.)


Mac and Mama at dinner before the ceremony.


and another pic of vi, b/c she is so darned cute.
__________________
t-beri is offline  
Old 06-07-2010, 01:34 PM   #1543
billwendy
DIS Veteran
 
billwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: essington, PA
Posts: 4,938

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
According to the Brother website...your uses SA156...which is the same as mine...so it takes a size A or a size 15. You can get the prewounds that are a size A...I like Marathon's...or if you just need more bobbins, you can get the ones from Singer (a little cheaper than the ones from Brother) and wind your own.

The only problem I have winding my own...I can never get as much on mine as the prewounds can get. I also have a problem getting them nice and neat. The neater they are, the better they sew...not sure if that makes sense or not...If the thread isn't wound tight and neatly, it puts stress on the thread as it is coming off the bobbin, which can cause tension issues...



Nini

...or and really sorry to confuse you....but I seem to be realllllly good at that!
Nini - you are so cute!! Thanks so much for all the info...So I wonder if the size A is the same as a 15/A that the other person mentioned. I saw you can get a bunch on that auction site...how much do you pay at Marathon? I have yet to jump on that bandwagon. Cant get Billy to think its a good idea - lol. Do you get their thread too???

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-beri View Post
ask and ye shall receive. Wendy, here are some pictures from Liliana's graduation the week before last.

Lily w/ her diploma.


Me and Violet on our way into the graduation (her b-day is July 10th btw.)


Mac and Mama at dinner before the ceremony.


and another pic of vi, b/c she is so darned cute.
AWwww - so cute!!! I thought Vi's bday was coming soon - I cant believe she will be 1 already!!! You guys doing anything fun this summer? Lil is so big too!!!!! And your man is coooooollllll as always!!! lol
__________________
Wendy Billy and our fur ball Tigger

Traumatic Brain Injury 2/5 & 9/6/2013
March is TBI Awareness Month!
Life changes in an instant! Shine On!
billwendy is offline  
Old 06-07-2010, 01:44 PM   #1544
GoofyG
DIS Veteran
 
GoofyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ok
Posts: 777

Question. not sewing related.

Not sewing related but wanted some input. DD4 is a little over a month of finding out she has sensory problems.

So some people have suggested a stroller for DD4 for the parks and strapping some therapy stuff on it. Like a theraband for her feet. She has SPD, and she is a sensory seeker and some other things. She seeks movement, but also runs from us. It was also suggested a stroller so she can have the canopy on it to pull down when she needs a break from everything. I have a Maclaren Volo. Would that stroller work, or should I go after a different style. I want an umbrella fold, we will be driving and will also have P3 for DS2.

What strollers do you all recomend that work the best, or just stick with the one I have. It doens't recline tho.

I've lloked att he Joovy Kooper, I've seen the City Mini. But we drive so I need a small fold stroller.
__________________
DD9DD7 DS5
GoofyG is offline  
Old 06-07-2010, 01:45 PM   #1545
clhemsath
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlsanddrew View Post
Where did you get the fabric that you made the capris with? It is so cute!
Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
You have been busy. I love the Dumbo dress!
Thanks! (and I lost my other quote, I think from Anita)

I don't remember where I got the fabric from of course. Our Wally World still has fabric, or Hobby Lobby. It was last year since I had actually planned to make clothes for our trip LAST year.

I will post some more pictures tonight when I get home. I am going to try the suggestion to cut the straps off and sew them up! I am right now making the Audrey skirt with Ferb on the front.
__________________
Carrie --What I should be doing
DH DD (10) DD (9)
6/2009 AKV
6/18/2010 Offsite - 6/22/2010 Disney Wonder Cruise
A Fantasy trip - June 2012
6/7/2014 - All Stars Sports
4/3/2015 - 5 day Wonder Adventure
clhemsath is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: