Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 05:01 PM   #1501
NaeNae
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwendy View Post
Thanks for the info Nae Nae - nothing close to me, but I'll keep checking different zipcodes when I travel!! That way, I get to see more fabric stores!!! lol..pretty soon I get to go to the Joann's in MT - they always have a good clearance section!! I cant wait to get there!! lol...Camp Promise Here we come!!!!!
I think you can order from the website. If not I could pick some up and mail it to you. Let me know if I can help.

Old 06-06-2010, 05:03 PM   #1502
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

Just had a horrible day sewing!This is so unusual. It seems that everything I touched today went wrong. Some of the highlights were:

My Minnie Mouse sundress managed to get a cut in the bodice. It is a small nick, but still enough that I can't sell it. Guess I need to find some one in a size 4...and try again tomorrow.

I am embroidering Simba on the front of a Vida. The Vida is a size 3 and the design is a 5x7, so I had to put the front together before I embroidered it. Take 1 - it was too low...had to take it out and redo. Take 2 - broke a needle and the dress came partially un hooped, had to take it out. Take 3 - broke another needle ( I forgot to tighten the needle...) This put a small hole in the dress, and had to take it out again. Take 4 - bobbin ran out half way through...and I discovered I am out of pre wound bobbins! After three tries to wind a bobbin, I managed to get one half way wound and used it!

I have now closed up the studio for the remainder of the day! I need some ice cream! Chocolate ice cream....

Nini

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2010, 05:05 PM   #1503
billwendy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaeNae View Post
I think you can order from the website. If not I could pick some up and mail it to you. Let me know if I can help.
Thanks NaeNae!! As always you are soooo sweet!!! I'll let ya know! Do you happen to have a Fancy Nancy Applique Designer up your sleeve? Im looking at one on Etsy, but it doesnt say if it comes in 4x4...it just says large and small hoops! Lol.....

Any of my Brother 270D friends buy prewound bobbins? I got some from Joann's and they didnt work, so then I went to some funky sewing store I passed by on a trip and they sold me a pack of 12 Janome prewounds that work great - but they dont have any size marked on them....Im going to need more soon!!!!!

Traumatic Brain Injury 2/5 & 9/6/2013
March is TBI Awareness Month!
Life changes in an instant! Shine On!
Old 06-06-2010, 05:16 PM   #1504
revrob
A Custom Fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
Just had a horrible day sewing!This is so unusual. It seems that everything I touched today went wrong. Some of the highlights were:

My Minnie Mouse sundress managed to get a cut in the bodice. It is a small nick, but still enough that I can't sell it. Guess I need to find some one in a size 4...and try again tomorrow.

I am embroidering Simba on the front of a Vida. The Vida is a size 3 and the design is a 5x7, so I had to put the front together before I embroidered it. Take 1 - it was too low...had to take it out and redo. Take 2 - broke a needle and the dress came partially un hooped, had to take it out. Take 3 - broke another needle ( I forgot to tighten the needle...) This put a small hole in the dress, and had to take it out again. Take 4 - bobbin ran out half way through...and I discovered I am out of pre wound bobbins! After three tries to wind a bobbin, I managed to get one half way wound and used it!

I have now closed up the studio for the remainder of the day! I need some ice cream! Chocolate ice cream....

Nini
I've had days like that! SORRY! But, you're right... ice cream should help! And now I'm wanting ice cream, too! Just because I'm sympathetic like that!
Old 06-06-2010, 05:40 PM   #1505
ncmomof2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Nini

I have had days like that! Tomorrow will be better.

I ruined my first shirt yesterday while embroidering. I cut a hole in it when I was trimming the fabric for an applique

Me: : DH: DS12: DS10: DD7: DD5:

DCL 12/15, DW 10/15, DW 9/14, DCL 12/13, DW 9/13, DL 12/12,, DW 9/12, DW 9/11, DW 9/10, DW 9/09, DW 9/08, DW 9/07, DW 12/06, DW 9/05

Old 06-06-2010, 06:06 PM   #1506
TinkerbelleMom
Mom to 3 Princesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwendy View Post

Thats great - we used to be in that area at least once/year with our cousins inlaws living in Ormond beach. But they decided they were homesick for everyone and moved back up here - BUMMER!! We had gotten into the habit of staying at the Daytona Beach LaQuinta right there on the beach the week after Christmas and going to Disney on New Years day - it was a GREAT tradition!! but now its over...so where will it be in relation to the racetrack??

ANyone know of a good Fancy Nancy Applique (4x4)? I really need one for Elizabeth's bday!!!!
it's on international speedway blvd, in the home depot plaza, right next to toys r us...one plaza and the whole family can shop happy. Lol

I've seen several Fancy Nancy designs on etsy... But I can't remember who did them. I found them with the search feature, Rebecca has asked for a FN dress with lots of ruffles, but not a Feliz, which was my original plan. I can't decide what I want to do What are your plans, if you don't mind sharing.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:21 PM   #1507
billwendy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbelleMom View Post
it's on international speedway blvd, in the home depot plaza, right next to toys r us...one plaza and the whole family can shop happy. Lol

I've seen several Fancy Nancy designs on etsy... But I can't remember who did them. I found them with the search feature, Rebecca has asked for a FN dress with lots of ruffles, but not a Feliz, which was my original plan. I can't decide what I want to do What are your plans, if you don't mind sharing.
I do enjoy your area! You are so right, everyone would be happy in that area!!! lol!!! I love to go to DeLeon Springs when we are there - its like stepping back in time or something...and the pancakes!!! YUM!!!

Im trying to decide what to do...Sould I do a simply sweet? or, should I do an Audrey skirt with ruffles and an appliqued shirt....Elizabeth is going to be 8, but still seems to totally be into home made things...Still not positive what to do though!!! lol

Old 06-06-2010, 06:23 PM   #1508
jeniamt
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Nini
Oh sorry for such a bad day. Ice cream will make it better.

Old 06-06-2010, 07:20 PM   #1509
billwendy
DIS Veteran

Pink Motorcycle needed???

Hi Everyone - Hannah (turning 4 ) told me all she wants for her bday is a pink motorcycle?????? Any ideas? I saw the step2 one on toys r us and the powered one with the side car (too expensive, saw it on craigslist but was already taken). Any ideas?

Old 06-06-2010, 07:25 PM   #1510
Tonyslady
Mouseketeer

Hi All. I thought i'd introduce my self. I'm a military wife and SAHM to 4 kids ages 14, 9, 4and 23mo. I got my first sewing machine a little over 5 years ago and have slowly started teaching myself to sew. We have just made reservations for our first trip to WDW at the end of July. We will be staying 5days 4 nights in the kidani village villas. I'm so excited, i feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. I've got big plans for some Disney sewing... I love seeing what everyone on this board is/has been doing.

Thanks!
Jodi
Old 06-06-2010, 07:55 PM   #1511
MinnieVanMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica52877 View Post
I just spent 2 hours cutting a pirate shirt! Sometimes I think I am crazy. It is so cute right now (not sewn) though. I could have gotten off easy and skipped it but I have this image in my mind and wanted to go with it. I think I spent a little too much time on it though considering I have to have 8 outfits finished by tomorrow and that was just the start!
Jessica, I can't wait to see this pirate shirt! Take it easy and pace yourself. Or send your mojo this way. You are a great seamstress and no doubt will get er done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100AcrePrincess View Post
Everything looks great! We're in GA about to get back on the raod to Disney.

We found out Friday that we're having a boy!

After 2 girls this will be a big change, but everyone's very excited!
How wonderful! We just love our boy after two girls. He is such a change. Enjoy and congrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidneygirl View Post
I have no idea how to make it bigger, but I'll ask DH when he wakes up. And just for fun, here's the back of the dress. I drew all of the appliques by hand...I had never done it before, but I really like how it turned out. I just did Mickey heads for our last Disney trip, but we're going again in May 2011, so I'm going to try making some Disney appliques for DD's outfits.

The dress is for CUTE!

[QUOTE=billwendy;36903172T I cant wait to get there!! lol...Camp Promise Here we come!!
[/QUOTE]
Have a wonderful time Wendy.
Quote:

Nini
Oh Nini that is a bad day in the shop. I sure hope you get your ice cream and remember, that is why God makes tomorrows. We get another chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyslady View Post
Hi All. I thought i'd introduce my self. I'm a military wife and SAHM to 4 kids ages 14, 9, 4and 23mo. I got my first sewing machine a little over 5 years ago and have slowly started teaching myself to sew. We have just made reservations for our first trip to WDW at the end of July. We will be staying 5days 4 nights in the kidani village villas. I'm so excited, i feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. I've got big plans for some Disney sewing... I love seeing what everyone on this board is/has been doing.

Thanks!
Jodi
Hi Jodi and Welcome. Kidani is so nice and you will have a great time. Please post pictures of the clothes you make.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:56 PM   #1512
RMAMom
DIS Veteran

Welcome Edward Thomas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[IMG][/IMG]

Our Grandson arrived yesterday, 9 lbs 3 ozs 23 in long!
His Christening is on the 11th and we are supposed to fly out on the 10th. The Dr told DH that because of the DVT he may not be able to fly. I am so sad to go without him and DH is heartbroken to not be able to go but they just can't seem to get his levels right. He is still injecting blood thinners twice a day and taking oral blood thinners. His Doc is consulting with the hematologist and I am praying they give him the OK to fly!

Old 06-06-2010, 08:24 PM   #1513
Mel0215
Mouseketeer

Location: Florida- I can see the ships every time they are in port!

Hi everyone!
I read through the first page, and wow! You are all so talented! I just got a sewing machine, nothing fancy, but it works! Slowly I'll learn to make things, esp. with all the inspiration here!!
Just a quick question, can I post some pictures of things I've created?
DCL: Magic May 23, 2009; Magic Nov. 14, 2009
Wonder May 16, 2010; Wonder PCC 2.0
Dream: Feb. 6, 2011
Fantasy: May 2012
Old 06-06-2010, 08:53 PM   #1514
jeniamt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAMom View Post
Welcome Edward Thomas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[IMG][/IMG]

Our Grandson arrived yesterday, 9 lbs 3 ozs 23 in long!
His Christening is on the 11th and we are supposed to fly out on the 10th. The Dr told DH that because of the DVT he may not be able to fly. I am so sad to go without him and DH is heartbroken to not be able to go but they just can't seem to get his levels right. He is still injecting blood thinners twice a day and taking oral blood thinners. His Doc is consulting with the hematologist and I am praying they give him the OK to fly!
Congratulations! He is beautiful!!! Sorry to hear about your DH, hopefully they will get everything figured out and you both will be on your way. I noticed in your siggie that it says 891 miles from Disney... well I have always said we are 900 miles from My Happy Place! Too funny!

Old 06-06-2010, 08:56 PM   #1515
ellenbenny
DIS Veteran

Just back from a great vacation and now trying to catch up!

Congrats on the arrival of Gabriel!

Sorry I can't comment on all the beautiful creations or I'll never catch up, but everything I've seen looks great.

Hopefully I will be able to get back to sewing soon, once we get caught up on laundry and groceries and back to work (yuck!).

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: