Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 05:52 PM   #136
birdie757
Mouseketeer

Ok, I just was browsing through the last thread and had to reply to McDuck...that dress you are working on (unless you finished since then) is one of my favorite simplicity patterns! I have used it a zillion times. It was actually the first EVER thing I sewed and the first ever pattern I used. If you need any help just let me know. That dress you are working on is really hard to get over the head and shoulders so I have started hemming the back about halfway down and using a button at the top with a loop of elastic to close it. Here is a pic of one of her dresses from that pattern...she is soooo little then I can't find one of her wearing it...I wasn't good with modeling pics back then.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:56 PM   #137
visitingapril09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyfromDE View Post
I really shouldn't say anything. But I have had the worst 2 days of my life. My mother passed away yesterday and we were extrememly close. She taught me how to sew when I was 8 years old. She became a Disney fan with me, and came to Disney me quite a few times. She always LOVED everyone of my Disney related (and everything actually) outfits and showed everyone that walked in the door. We would go fabric shopping together, and she'd give me her opinion on colors and trims. She also got me started on machine embroidery.

The next few months is really going to be hard. I lived with her, because neither one of us could afford to live alone. She loved this house bought it with my Dad when we were all kids. I am really sad to leave here and try to find a place on my own, when I get comfort from being near the things she loved. But, I am trying to take comfort in knowing that it is her wishes that the house be sold and divided among my sisters and myself. She wouldn't want any of us to try and keep the house when we can't afford it.

I wish the Doctors were more attentive to her complaints so her last few months would have been more comfortable for her. But she's put on her dancing shoes and with Dad in heaven now.

Thank you for listening to me. I am hoping everyone really appreciates their Mother on this special day.

Oh I am so terribly sorry for this great loss....it would be hard at ANY time, but right before Mother's Day, I am so sorry...........
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2010, 06:02 PM   #138
visitingapril09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorib View Post
Some of you may have seen this one on facebook, but I haven't posted it here yet, so. . . here's an Audrey Ruffle Skirt set.

And most of you have seen this top before (I made it a year and a half ago or so? for our trip that we had to cancel.) So she never got a chance to wear it and now it's too short for a dress, so I made capris to go with it. thank goodness for keeping scraps! I used the very last of that stripe fabric to finish these!

And now finally Ella's Cinderella dress. We went to the park yesterday to take nice photos, but my camera settings were all wonky and they didn't look too good, so we took some more pics today in the backyard. Used HeatherSue's fabulous carriage design on the bodice - I cannot even say how gorgeous this design is in person - it stitched out wonderfully - even with the silver metallic thread which can be a real pain to work with! Anyhoo, here's the dress with her petti underneath. I kind of wish I would have ordered an all white petti for wearing under clothes - this one is pink and white and while you can't see it in these pics, I'm afraid that it'll show during her BBB photos. Maybe I'll have to convince DH to let me buy her a white one. . .

I should add that this dress was inspired by both Teresa and Jeanne's Cinderella dresses . . . sort of a mishmash of the two. . .

closeup of embroidery and fabric:

And finally - her very first petti!

I just love them all......they are just stunning......I wish my 16 year old daughter was little again!
Old 05-09-2010, 06:10 PM   #139
NaeNae
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahk0204 View Post
Hello! I have lurked on this thread in the past, but now I have a question. I have sewn dresses for DD for our Disney trips - always sundresses because we travel in June or July Too hot for satin! I've included some pictures of past hits, as instructed I have a Brother Disney Embroidery Machine.

For this year, DD would like Marie from Aristocats on a dress, and Pluto on a top and shorts. Pluto I have built into my machine, but I need to purchase a card that has Marie. That's ok, as I purchased a new machine to be able to use my Disney Princess card I see that the Best Pals card has a Marie face, but I found this online.
http://en.item.rakuten.com/mishin-oukoku/10000697/

Unfortunately, I don't read Japanese I even emailed them, but the reply is in Japanese as well

So, my long-winded intro is to ask, has anyone purchased a Japanese card to use in a Brother Embroidery Machine (model PE-180D)? Or, should I just purchase the Best Pals card? Any suggestions would be appreciated. TIA!
This is what it translates into:Type of pattern 29 Type 36 design
The classic film "The Aristocats" has shaped configuration according to the story. Marie especially cute, and attractive play Dutchess of your mom (the hero of the story), Berlioz and Toulouse's lively brother, dependable O'Malley (father of later), depending on the combination of city chic and they are , but also slightly sweet mature.
My computer automatically translated it. Hope this helps. My machine doesn't use the Disney cards so I don't have any help on whether the card would work or not.

Old 05-09-2010, 06:26 PM   #140
sarahk0204
DIS Veteran

Thank you! Considering the translation of the language, I know I am taking a big chance on even ordering it, but it is tempting I'll wait and see if my local store even carries the Best Pals card, and I might inquire about this one there as well (the owner is pretty knowledgeable). If anyone else has any more experience, I'd love to hear it. Thanks again!
Old 05-09-2010, 06:47 PM   #141
MouseTriper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100AcrePrincess View Post
VHC? Sure! I only had a bout 2 yds of the little caterpillars & words so I ended up doing a LOT of applique.

?
Aw, so sweet and adorable!!!

Quote:
Some of you may have seen this one on facebook, but I haven't posted it here yet, so. . . here's an Audrey Ruffle Skirt set.

And most of you have seen this top before (I made it a year and a half ago or so? for our trip that we had to cancel.) So she never got a chance to wear it and now it's too short for a dress, so I made capris to go with it. thank goodness for keeping scraps! I used the very last of that stripe fabric to finish these!

And now finally Ella's Cinderella dress. We went to the park yesterday to take nice photos, but my camera settings were all wonky and they didn't look too good, so we took some more pics today in the backyard. Used HeatherSue's fabulous carriage design on the bodice - I cannot even say how gorgeous this design is in person - it stitched out wonderfully - even with the silver metallic thread which can be a real pain to work with! Anyhoo, here's the dress with her petti underneath. I kind of wish I would have ordered an all white petti for wearing under clothes - this one is pink and white and while you can't see it in these pics, I'm afraid that it'll show during her BBB photos. Maybe I'll have to convince DH to let me buy her a white one. . .

I should add that this dress was inspired by both Teresa and Jeanne's Cinderella dresses . . . sort of a mishmash of the two. . .

Awww love them all, they are so cute. I think my favorite is the ruffled one!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahk0204 View Post

This is Belle & Beast with assorted princesses on the bottom.

Ariel
So cute~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie757 View Post
Ok, I just was browsing through the last thread and had to reply to McDuck...that dress you are working on (unless you finished since then) is one of my favorite simplicity patterns! I have used it a zillion times. It was actually the first EVER thing I sewed and the first ever pattern I used. If you need any help just let me know. That dress you are working on is really hard to get over the head and shoulders so I have started hemming the back about halfway down and using a button at the top with a loop of elastic to close it. Here is a pic of one of her dresses from that pattern...she is soooo little then I can't find one of her wearing it...I wasn't good with modeling pics back then.
That is cute!
Old 05-09-2010, 06:51 PM   #142
Rosiekins
Is going to Disney World!!

Okay I admit it, I stuck my hand out of the tram on the way over and stood up before it stopped moving...I will just go put myself in the corner!

Typhoid Wendy spreads the Disney Pox, a PTR

DH Me Baylor Smumbert

Etsy ID: BabyBadger
Old 05-09-2010, 07:01 PM   #143
ncmomof2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyfromDE View Post
I really shouldn't say anything. But I have had the worst 2 days of my life. My mother passed away yesterday and we were extrememly close. She taught me how to sew when I was 8 years old. She became a Disney fan with me, and came to Disney me quite a few times. She always LOVED everyone of my Disney related (and everything actually) outfits and showed everyone that walked in the door. We would go fabric shopping together, and she'd give me her opinion on colors and trims. She also got me started on machine embroidery.

The next few months is really going to be hard. I lived with her, because neither one of us could afford to live alone. She loved this house bought it with my Dad when we were all kids. I am really sad to leave here and try to find a place on my own, when I get comfort from being near the things she loved. But, I am trying to take comfort in knowing that it is her wishes that the house be sold and divided among my sisters and myself. She wouldn't want any of us to try and keep the house when we can't afford it.

I wish the Doctors were more attentive to her complaints so her last few months would have been more comfortable for her. But she's put on her dancing shoes and with Dad in heaven now.

Thank you for listening to me. I am hoping everyone really appreciates their Mother on this special day.
I am so sorry for you loss.

Me: : DH: DS12: DS10: DD7: DD5:

DCL 12/15, DW 9/14, DCL 12/13, DW 9/13, DL 12/12,, DW 9/12, DW 9/11, DW 9/10, DW 9/09, DW 9/08, DW 9/07, DW 12/06, DW 9/05

Old 05-09-2010, 07:07 PM   #144
thmar
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh...you people are amazing!! I stumbled across this thread, and I'm just in awe of everyone's talent and creativity!!

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." Walt Disney

God Bless...

thmar
Old 05-09-2010, 07:07 PM   #145
ncmomof2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I love all of it but especially the skirt! Where did you get all the dots? Like the black with red and the big white and black dots? Are they are certain designer? TIA!

Me: : DH: DS12: DS10: DD7: DD5:

DCL 12/15, DW 9/14, DCL 12/13, DW 9/13, DL 12/12,, DW 9/12, DW 9/11, DW 9/10, DW 9/09, DW 9/08, DW 9/07, DW 12/06, DW 9/05

Old 05-09-2010, 08:07 PM   #146
princesskayla
***This space reserved for a tag***

Loving all the cute stuff on this thread so far.

First 1/2 Marathon-Disneyland-Sept 2013*Pixar 7 day cruise - Oct 2012*Dream Double Dip - May 2012*24 Hours,4 Parks - Leap Year 2012 -WDW*DL -HoJo: Dec 2011*First Disney Cruise and First Family trip to Disney Land: Nov 2011*Solo trip to DL: Oct 2011*Last trip before the Wild Fontier, Bonnet Creek: May 2011 * Bonnet Creek - Nov 2010 * AKL/WL CL - Sept 2010 * Christmas Present for the family at Bonnet Creek - Dec 14-18, 2009 * Last Minute trip to Bonnet Creek - May 2009 * Suprise trip for Mom's 50th B-Day - Oct 2008 KOTS * WL with Free Dining - Sept 2008 * AWHONN convention + DISNEYLAND - June 2008 * ASMo and WL with Free Dining - Sept 2007 - The beginning of the obsession
Old 05-09-2010, 08:16 PM   #147
glorib
Do the Truffle Shuffle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncmomof2 View Post
I love all of it but especially the skirt! Where did you get all the dots? Like the black with red and the big white and black dots? Are they are certain designer? TIA!
Thanks! The big white and black dots are Michael Miller. The black with red I've had for about 2 years? and I know I got it at Hancocks, but not sure of the designer.

- Lori -
Old 05-09-2010, 08:28 PM   #148
Diz-Mommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:

As always your work is total perfection Someone mentioned before they do more scrolling and drooling than sewing...you can add me to that list

Old 05-09-2010, 08:43 PM   #149
PolyndianPrincessJes
Alias: TotalSnowWhite
I'm a Snapfish/Shutterfly/Winkflash addict
Yes, you totally can do that, and I do!!!

Ten pages?!?! And a new thread?!?! See what happens when I take a Saturday off from the DIS?
Old 05-09-2010, 08:51 PM   #150
LKD
Waiting for my Prince

I finished my Ariel gown! :D Well It's wearable..the bottom skirt is just a panel loosely sewn onto the skirt for the day

The only picture I have of the whole dress is this one that I found on the ocweekly site.

I also caved in and have a facebook now
Search up Helen Ceron :3
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: