Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2010, 01:32 PM   #1
kdfogliano
Mouseketeer

Infants at Dinner?

My husband thinks I am stressing for nothing, but I don't know how to do dinner with my 3 month old!

We were not planning on bringing our car seat, so I am not sure where to put the baby while we are eating. My older one is in a high chair, but does can anyone tell me what they did with their babies how are too little for highchairs? I know the restaurants wont let me keep my stroller at the table.

Trying to figure out logistics before we get down there so we will have everything we need!
Thanks!
kdfogliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:36 PM   #2
MindyLuvsMickey
DIS Veteran

We took our youngest when he was 10 weeks old to the Hoop Dee Doo and we were allowed to keep the stroller by the table. It was actually the suggestion of our server. Otherwise, I was going to put him in the sling while I ate.

Off-property '79, '83, '85, '87, '89, '95, '98, '07
'06 Poly, '09 WL, '10 Hilton DTD, '11 Poly, '12 Disneyland, '12 Poly, '14 WL
Up Next: Jan. 2015, CR!!
MindyLuvsMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2010, 01:36 PM   #3
tinker&belle
DIS Veteran

Do you have a stroller you can strap the infant carseat into? When mine were little the infant seat was the only place that seemed to work so everyone could eat. Now with an almost 3 year old and one year old we DON'T both eat at the same time, my DH and I take turns.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:39 PM   #4
MousePrincess
Earning My Ears

In my experience, if the baby is sleeping most restaurants will let you bring the stroller in. I have never been told no and have seen many others do this. Of course, you never know. My son doesn't sit still in anything. My husband and I have had to pass him back and forth at meals most of the time. Maybe a sling or something will make it a little easier???

POR 2008~CBR 2009~AKL 6/2010~CSR 12/2010~Disneyland 2011
WL/POLY 1/2012~AKL 11/2012~AKL 2013~YCR 2014
MousePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:39 PM   #5
kdfogliano
Mouseketeer

i wasnt planning on bringing the carseat since we are bringing our double and one more thing may send me off the deep end! HAHA

but if i have to bring it i guess i will!
Old 08-11-2010, 01:42 PM   #6
GrtWtNorth
DIS Veteran

That's a good question. I never thought about it. My DD was 6 months old and able to sit in a high chair (with a few blankets stuffed around her) when we dined around the WDW. When she was younger, we took her in her car seat / stroller seat / carrier and set it on benches in restaurants.

What do other people do?
GrtWtNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:01 PM   #7
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

You can't count on bringing in a stroller.I have seen MANY people with sleeping infants and children in strollers told No.It depends on the podium Cms and how busy the restaurant is.Most Disney restaurants have tables literally on top of each other, and there is no good place to put a stroller without someone tripping over it.I would bring a sling
Old 08-11-2010, 02:08 PM   #8
kdfogliano
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMulieri View Post
You can't count on bringing in a stroller.I have seen MANY people with sleeping infants and children in strollers told No.It depends on the podium Cms and how busy the restaurant is.Most Disney restaurants have tables literally on top of each other, and there is no good place to put a stroller without someone tripping over it.I would bring a sling
yes this is what i am afraid of...
i am not good at a sling! i guess i have to practice!!!
Old 08-11-2010, 02:12 PM   #9
Anthony1971
DIS Veteran

The only place that we got turned away at with a stroller was the place in the land (sorry I do not recall the name) due to fire code-- all others let us bring it in. We always asked and you may have to wait to get a table in a corner and the stroller with the child may be agaist the wall not in front of the table.
Anthony1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:13 PM   #10
jboysen
Mouseketeer

some of the resturants do have the infant seat highchair. It's a bucket like a carseat that you can buckle baby into. I know 1900 park fare has these. It even had wheels on it to take up to the buffet. I'm just not sure how many resturants have these.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:50 PM   #11
kdfogliano
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jboysen View Post
some of the resturants do have the infant seat highchair. It's a bucket like a carseat that you can buckle baby into. I know 1900 park fare has these. It even had wheels on it to take up to the buffet. I'm just not sure how many resturants have these.

ohhh, ok then does anyone know how to get the direct phone numbers to the restaurants so i can call them?

Thanks!
Old 08-11-2010, 02:51 PM   #12
reyn74
Earning My Ears

I've been twice with little ones and I always just held them. I usually brought a blanket, so I did not spill on the baby, and ate one handed. And my DH eats pretty quickly, so he generally took the baby after he finished eating, so I could eat two handed, unless the baby was nursing. I did have a sling as well for each trip. When we went in December the baby was in the sling all day long, but when we went in June the baby (different baby) was mostly in the double stroller, because it was just too hot to be in a sling. But, weather permitting, my kids were much less cranky in the sling than in the stroller.
reyn74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:23 PM   #13
PirateKate
DIS Veteran

When we eat out with our boys, we usually just hold the little one. He doesn't usually want to sit in his car seat anyway. He likes to be up and looking around, especially if anyone at the next table will look back at him.

If you are really concerned about it, you could try doing a test run at a local restaurant, without the car seat.
PirateKate is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: