Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2010, 12:35 PM   #46
Gouden Leeuw
Mouseketeer

Am I the only one not able to see the yummy pics?
Gouden Leeuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:42 PM   #47
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

My husband and I were just discussing the beef sushi - I really want to try some sushi at the CG in August and hubby said he wouldn't mind sharing the beef oscar sushi - but I was worried it seemed like a strange combination! It looks good though!
mamaboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2010, 06:51 PM   #48
4 Little Bears
Mouseketeer

Loving your reviews and the kid's sushi at CG is so cute!

Thanks for posting!
Old 05-12-2010, 07:54 PM   #49
bonnielynn
DIS Veteran

bonnielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:04 AM   #50
gilsan
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone for reading and I am glad you are enjoying the pictures and reviews. I have had a busy week so I have not had a chance to get any reviews up.

mamaboogie the beef sushi was very good. I also thought it was an odd combination, but the beef is very thinly sliced.

2009 POFQ, 2010 Grand Floridian, 2011 Wilderness Lodge, 2012 BC/Dream Cruise/Poly, 2012 Halloween Fantasy Cruise, 2013 AKV, 2014 SSR/Eastbound Transatlantic Cruise2015 Eastbound Transatlantic Mmmm....Cake, 9 nights of Deluxe Dining w/Pictures
gilsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:19 AM   #51
gilsan
DIS Veteran

Chef Mickeys

We had eaten last year at Chef Mickeys and I thought it was better than what I expected it to be. So I made a reservation again this year for 7am.

We arrived a little past 7 and checked in. I really wasnít in the mood to have my picture taken so we opted out of the photograph, but then we waited and waited to be seated. It seemed like a long wait but it was probably only 10 minutes. We were seated across from the buffet so that was convenient. The food was not great, it was definitely better last September.

The characters came out quickly and spent a good amount of time interacting with DD, and really that was the main reason we were at Chef Mickeys. Our waitress was all right she brought us juice quickly, but when it came time to pay the bill she disappeared with it at seemed to be gone forever.

I would not come back here again if it was just DH and I, but DD kept asking about when we would eat at Chef Mickeys for this trip and if she wants to eat there again on a future trip we probably would, but for the characters not the food.

2009 POFQ, 2010 Grand Floridian, 2011 Wilderness Lodge, 2012 BC/Dream Cruise/Poly, 2012 Halloween Fantasy Cruise, 2013 AKV, 2014 SSR/Eastbound Transatlantic Cruise2015 Eastbound Transatlantic Mmmm....Cake, 9 nights of Deluxe Dining w/Pictures
Old 05-16-2010, 11:04 AM   #52
rodeo65
That dog is a true crate potato.....He's kind of a Kong hoarder too.
An iron - huh?

rodeo65As I say I am not a coffee drinker but my husband is an aficionado and likes his coffee just so. He did think that the coffee at GF was not bad. How long of a drive was it it from where you live? We were surprised at the number of cars at WDW with Ontario plates.[/QUOTE]

It is just under 1300 miles for us and we took four days to do the drive so we could arrive early on our first day. We drove home in three days.

We used to do the drive when I was a kid and always drove in three days - two nights on the road, but always got in after dinner time on our first day. Tha seemed like a waste of a day we could be checking out the resort or at DTD so that is why we take the extra day going down. We left only two hours for our last day.

1974, 1976, 1978, 1980, 1985 LBV Villas; 1994 PO RS (first trip with future DH); 2009 CBR (first time seeing it through our kids' eyes); 2011 OKW (all together now...grandparents too!) ; 2014 CBR
rodeo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:02 PM   #53
gilsan
DIS Veteran

50ís Prime Time Cafe

We arrived early for our lunch reservation at 50ís Prime Time Cafe, but when we checked in they could not find our reservation. I offered to find our ADR reservation number, but they say not to worry since it was not busy.

We were taken through various kitchens to our kitchenette and introduced to our Aunt. She was friendly but not over the top.

I felt very rushed in ordering she gave us our menus explained what we could order and then wanted to take our appetizer order immediately. I would have liked to take a minute or two to decide, but we quickly decided to order the onion rings for two and DD ordered chicken noodle soup. To drink I ordered a vanilla coke, DD had a chocolate milkshake and DH had a vanilla milkshake. The milkshakes were good and large DD and I shared hers and there was enough for both of us to have a glass plus a little extra.

The appetizers came out quickly the onion rings were ok. I thought they were a little greasy and the onions were large chunks.

DD chicken noodle soup was good and very flavourful.

For our mains I had the pot roast,

DH had the meatloaf,

and DD had the chicken nuggets and fries.

I thought the potatoes with the pot roast were very good, but the pot roast itself was a little tough and chewy. DH liked his meatloaf but thought the meatloaf I make is better, I use a recipe from Martha Stewart that is very good. He thought the veggies that came with it were over done. DD enjoyed her Chicken nuggets, it is a food that she does not eat at home, but she seemed to enjoy them at WDW.

We were very full at this point and asked if we could take dessert to go. They said sure so we picked the Boston Cream cupcake. Unfortunately they didnít travel well and we threw them out without eating. We did however pick up a peanut butter and white chocolate cupcake on our way out of DHS which we enjoyed back at the hotel.

Overall I would say that our experience at 50ís Prime Time Cafe was only all right. The milkshakes were good, but not a good enough reason to eat at 50ís Prime Time.

I will admit that we were not that hungry when we went. I only had two days with 3 meals and they were back to back. I would make sure I didnít do that again because we were feeling a little too stuffed. They rest of the week was better when we only ate 2 meals a day.

I would probably not eat at the Prime Time Cafe, but I would pop into the Tune-In Lounge and pick up a shake.

Up next Ohana.

Last edited by gilsan; 05-17-2010 at 09:36 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:33 PM   #54
lumpy08
Mouseketeer

nice review so far. Great pics as well. thanks for sharing.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:44 PM   #55
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Great reviews!! Your pics are fantastic, I love them! Your daughter is super cute!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:16 PM   #56
jenniferma
DIS Veteran

loving your report, can't wait for more!
thanks!
jen

DH43, ME41, DD12, DD10 and DD7

jenniferma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:05 AM   #57
Treacle44
DIS Veteran

Great reviews so far, I especially love the kids sushi dessert at Cali Grill, must show my two that.

April 2009 - Back to Pop!
November 2007 - 3 weeks at WDW - VWL, BCV & home to SSR

May 2006 - Pop Century
Treacle44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:26 AM   #58
rachaface
Disney Darling

ive been roaming the boards for more photos of sushi @ cali grill, and when i saw yours, my jaw dropped and i literally muttered out loud "my gosh that is a gorgeous photo of yumminess" LOL

rachaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:32 AM   #59
PiperGirlInWondrland
DIS Veteran

Great review of 50's PT!
PiperGirlInWondrland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:12 AM   #60
Lisa29
Mouseketeer

Awesome!

Loving your review. Can't wait to see and hear about the rest!
Lisa29 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: