Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2013, 06:54 PM   #1
ellie'smom
Mouseketeer

A dining report without a single picture.

Welcome to my 1st dining review.
This review is being done without pictures because our camera was lost the night before we came home somewhere in Epcot. Yes we did go to lost and found at Epcot and have called the lost and found # that was given to us (without success.) What can you say, the camera is gone with all the pictures, but at least we have the memories.
Now on to the review...
This trip there were 14 of us going to the World. 4 different families, all related, with children ranging in age from 20 month to 14 years old. We didn't all eat together much , but on occasion we enjoyed breaking bread en mass. We all stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and all of us chose to use the dining plan. Our arrival date was Aug. 24th and our departure date was Sept. 3rd.
There was Sister-in-law #1 with her 2 kids a 12 year old girl and a autistic 14 year old boy. I mention he is autistic because this affects his food choices and how he approaches eating. There was sister-in-law #2 with her spouse, and 3 kids; a 8 year old diabetic girl , twin 6 year old boys, one of which is also autistic. This wonderful child does not eat anything new. So my sister-in- law came prepared with meals she made at home froze and shipped before hand. Next is sister-in-law #3 who came with her spouse and their 20 month old daughter. Lastly there was myself, my husband and our 11 year old girl who loves to eat at new restaurants and tries new things before pronouncing she hates it. I don't give out peoples names because I did not ask tell them I was doing a dining report and don't want to use someone name, without them knowing it , plus it's a novelty. I want this report to be about the food. In words only of course, because , []There are no pictures!!!! [/B] Next up our first meal en mass The HOOP DEE DOO REVIEW
ellie'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:34 PM   #2
ellie'smom
Mouseketeer

We arrived for our 8 p.m. reservation at the Hoop Dee Doo Review with only 2 minutes to spare. That's pretty good for my family . (2 of my sisters-in-law have trouble with getting places on time.) We all (14 of us ) decided to use Disney transportation and not drive because we figured someone would get lost on the way there. Plus the idea of all of us getting on the bus actually sounded kind of fun. We got to the hall and learned that we would not be sitting together. They sat us at 3 separate tables. Our table consisted of 6, Sister-in-law-#1 with her 14 year old son ,12 year old daughter, my spouse, our 11 year old girl and myself. Table 2 was Sister-in-law #2 her spouse and their youngsters. twin 6 year old boys and a 8 year old girl. Table 3 was sis-in-law 3 her husband and their toddler girl who was up at 8 p.m., not the norm for her.
They sat us quite near each other so that was good especially when the baby got restless.We passed her between us like a bread basket. The food was the usual grub they serve at the show; fried chicken, bbq ribs both served in tin pails, baked bean's, mashed potatoes, salad and strawberry shortcake. I don't remember them serving corn on the cob like they have in years past. I've asked my daughter, husband, in-laws, no one remembers corn on the cob.
The chicken was a hit with the kids. They like the crispy skin and the fact that there where enough legs to go around. My 14 year old autistic nephew deemed it edible and ate 2 pieces. The mashed potatoes went over great as well with the kids and adults . My daughter thought the ribs rubbery and fatty so she did not eat them, but everyone had seconds of the baked beans. The salad this year had so much onion that it overpowered the greens. No one at all 3 tables even ate a plate of it.
Most of the adults agreed with my girl and thought the ribs rubbery, I found the chicken okay, but my husband said it was very salty. My brothers-in-law enjoyed being able to have a beer and not worry about driving or their wives glaring at them. To them the idea of an adult beverage a Disney the show was pleasant surprise. For both of them this was their first visit to the show. Everyone said they would come again they really enjoyed the whole atmosphere..
One note my 14 year old nephew had to be taken outside when the washboard playing started, too much stimuli for him. My other autistic nephew ( one of the 6 year olds) did not have a problem at all, he loved the washboards. He even played it. You can never tell. This time after the show they had buses waiting at the post to take people directly back to their resorts. LOVED IT. Over all it was a great time everybody ate their fill, laughed and had a great time a 1&1/2 thumbs up evening.
Next up :Askerhaus breakfast for 6

Last edited by ellie'smom; 09-20-2013 at 09:44 PM.
ellie'smom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: