Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2002, 10:30 PM   #1
Jen D
DIS Veteran

Talking Feverishly plotting my next trip-- give me your wisdom!

We're talking well into 2003, maybe Spring, maybe Fall.

Here's the deal: Our last trip we rented dvc points and had six nights at a studio at BWV. Simply amazing! But I am dying to try all the resorts-- I want to try a monorail resort: my heart belongs to the GF, but my dh loves the Poly. Since he rarely expresses an opinion on anything vacation-related, I'm inclined to give the man what he wants. I want to try AKL, because it's new and shiny and these days, seems to get the most consistently excellent reviews on these boards. I want to try it while it is "peaking!" :D

On top of all of this-- we really loved the convenience and appointment of the villa accomodations-- we saved a lot of money on breakfast, the accomodations were great, and the going rental prices are very reasonable. So I'd like to do the dvc thing again.

So: here is my tenative, insane plan. Nine nights! We arrive on a Friday! Do two nights at AKL. (Concierge? We'll see.) Move to to the BCV, which I'd love to try, and spend five nights getting my dvc + close to Epcot fix. Complete the trip with two fab nights at the Poly. Go home. (I also like two "dark" hotels bookending the "light" hotel.)

Too much resort hopping? I don't mind it but the husband and the kid could revolt. An alternate plan is scrap the AKL for this trip and go for seven nights at the BCV, and still finish the trip with a weekend at the Poly.

Okay, whatcha think?

Magic Kingdom, 7th Birthday, 1977; Epcot on a school trip, 1984; BWV, September 2001; POFQ February 2003; Polynesian September 2004; ASMu/Offsite/SSR February 2006,
NEXT TRIP FEBRUARY 16-24, 2007
Jen D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 10:36 PM   #2
Disney Doll
DIS Security Matron

3 moves can be a lot for one trip, but if no one revolts, go for it!!!!

Don't ever stay in a 1BR DVC unit, or you'll be spolied for life!!!!!
It's time to put on your big girl panties and deal with it!
Don't be so open-minded that your brains fall out.
There's no pill that cures stupid.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
~~In loving memory of Teddy~~1994-2007~~
Disney  Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2002, 10:49 PM   #3
Beka'sMom
Addicted to Disney!

I would try a std room first (maybe 3 nights) and than move to 1bdrm at BWV or BCV!

Once you stay at 1bdrm it will be hard to move back to a reg room!!!!
July 2003 Marriot GV/BC
Aug 2004 BC, Oct 2004 BC-Halloween Weekend!
June 2005 AKL/BC
Aug 2008 BCV
Aug 2010 BWV

next trip: Aug 2011 BCV!!

Beka'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 06:05 AM   #4
bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Tag Fairies DO have a lot of love to go around!

We're doing some resort hopping this trip, too - in two weeks!! - so I'll let you know how it goes. Here was my thought on having at least 3 nights at each resort: 2 nights means only one full day to enjoy the resort sandwiched in between check in day and check out day. Although it's only DS and me this trip - we're light packers and middle 3 nights are at 1 br BWV so we can wash and 'rewear' - and we move easily, but I still felt that we needed at least 2 'nonmoving' days, especially at AKL, which is a new experience for us, too, in order to check it out.
Old 08-10-2002, 09:10 AM   #5
Jen D
DIS Veteran

Thanks, bjakmom! Can't wait to hear your report. I hear you on the three nights thing.

As for the one-bedroom-- I'm dying to try it!-- but I have to cut spending somewhere!

Magic Kingdom, 7th Birthday, 1977; Epcot on a school trip, 1984; BWV, September 2001; POFQ February 2003; Polynesian September 2004; ASMu/Offsite/SSR February 2006,
NEXT TRIP FEBRUARY 16-24, 2007
Jen D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 10:00 AM   #6
Princess49
It's a great big beautiful tomorrow...just a DREAM away!
I only just started cruising the cruise boards

I cant remember who it is-- but theres someone on dis boards that is going to WDW for about 7 days & changing resorts about 6 times- one nite at this resort & one nite at that one-- you're definately not alone in this one! We prefer to only have to pack & unpack once though ! :D Have fun!!

Trips to WDW as kids with our families totaling 3!!
As a couple...

Jan-Dec 2000-2001 10 @ days AS Sports
March 2002 10 days @ AS Sports
Jan 2003 2 amazing weeks @ The Boardwalk... now we're living!
August 2003 11 days @ The Boardwalk
May 2004 our first Disney Cruise! 4 day Wonder!
And...
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = '12/01/2004 6:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=lime>We go back to the Wonder in.... </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'YIPEE!!! Cruisin!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
Princess49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 10:11 AM   #7
Disneydenise
DIS Veteran

If you are going to be resort hopping you have to learn how to pack. I have a friend who packs the number of bags she needs for the number of resorts. She loves it. I usually only hop twice in a 6 night or more stay. I found that on the checkin and check out day I would have a pool day and do laundry and then I didn't have to pack anything except the laundry bag. Have fun and don't stress over the packing and unpacking thing the family can live out of a suitcase if they have to.
Disneydenise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 05:22 PM   #8
WorknFires
Live Well, Laugh Often & Love Much Can't ask for more than that!

Last Oct, we spent 2 days in ASMu, 5 nights in a 2 bdrm @ OKW and then 3 days on the Disney Wonder.

I didn't mind the moving as much as I had thought so next month we're doing 2 nights at CBR (or hopefully the Poly on an upgrade) 7 days in 2 bdrm at OKW, 1 night PO-R, then 4 days on the Disney Wonder. I'm not really one to unpack. I just kinda live out of my suitcase so that probably helps too.

Pixie dust for your "planned" trip,
Cheryl
07/89 Off site 07/91 Off site 07/95 Contemp 09/00 PO-FQ/Dis Wonder 10/01 ASM/OKW/Wonder 01/02 FtW Campgrnds 03/02 Off Site 09/02 WL/OKW/POR/Wonder 01/03 FtW Campgrnds 06/03 CBR 10/03 OKW/East Dis Magic/AKL 01/04 FtW Campgrnds 05/04 Off site 09/04 OKW/East Dis Magic 01/05 FtW Campgrnds 06/05 FtW Campgrnds 09/05 DL/Alaskan Cruise 11/05 SSR 01/06 FtW Campgrnds 09/06 West Dis Magic 11/06 SSR 01/07 FtW Campgrnds 06/07 10 day Med Cruise Dis Magic09/08 ABD The Emerald Isle 11/08 SSR/OKW 08/09 SSR 09/09 DCL Magic 11/09 Boardwalk 01/10 FtW Campgrnds

There's so much that we share, that it's time we're aware,It's a small world after all!
WorknFires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 05:44 PM   #9
DeeP
Registered

I love to resort hop and do it all the time. I have done 3 resorts in 9 nights and it was fun but it was a little much. I just recently did 3 resorts in 12 nights in May and this was great. Personally I would not do 3 resorts in 9 nights again, I would do BCV and then finish up at the Poly or vice versa. Disney makes it very easy for their guests to switch resorts but you do lose time doing so and you are without a room for a portion of the moving day. Maybe you could divide the days up more evenly with 5 at BCV and 4 at the Poly.
My next trip in Sept I am staying in the same WDW resort for all 15 nights, I am not going to know what to do with myself!
DeeP is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: