Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2010, 01:36 PM   #1
Cynt
DIS Veteran

Best Way from SJC to Fisherman's Wharf San Francisco

Hello my CA Dis'ers. I need your help.

I'm looking for the best transportation (shuttle, taxi, etc.) from San Jose Airport to Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco. Yes I know there is an airport in SF but my airline miles double trying to fly into SFO. I also know about OAK but AA doesn't fly into OAK.

We have 2 airports in Dallas - the big airport DFW and the small DAL. They're about 30-45 minutes apart depending on the traffic and they're on opposite sides of town. Is this the same case for SFO and SJC?
April 2011 - POP - Girl's Getway
May 2013 - WBC - FAMILY TRIP!!
Cynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:05 PM   #2
LavenderPeach
Didn't understand how you could go sideways and not fall out
Don't tempt me with stuff like that!

I don't have any personal experience going from San Jose to Fisherman's wharf but you could look into BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit). I'm sure their website gives all the info on where they stop.
LavenderPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2010, 04:12 PM   #3
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

You may want to take a taxi to BART. For the shortest cab fare you will want the Fremont station. I Fremont there is only 1 of the 2 lines going into SF, so you want to make sure you get on the right train if not transfer a couple stations up. From the Powell station (which is in SF) of BART is the south end of the cable car line is just on the surface and within view from the stairs up/down to BART. The Cable car had two lines on the same track. Either Hyde or Powell will put you into the Fisherman's warf area.

It may sound complicated but it's pretty strait forward when you see it. This is the cheapest way and may be the quickest too. Just look up the Bart routes because the Powell station is going to come fast if you are not ready for it.

As far as airports SFO is a very large airport and Oak and SJ are medium sized but a little out into the suburbs, you could say. Don't take this wrong thery're both in Urban areas.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:32 AM   #4
Cynt
DIS Veteran

Thanks skiingfast for the explanation. I appreciate it.
April 2011 - POP - Girl's Getway
May 2013 - WBC - FAMILY TRIP!!
Cynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:42 PM   #5
Somegirl
Mouseketeer

You can take the Airport Flyer from SJC to the Caltrain station. Caltrain conects with BART in Milbrae near SFO.

Go to www.caltrain.com and look under the faq section. There is lots of info there.

You could also look into a one way car rental. San Jose is about 30 to 45 minutes south of San Francisco.
Somegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 05:32 PM   #6
tbone lg
Earning My Ears

take caltrain

No need to switch to Bart. Caltrain will take you into SF and you can take a cab from the station or a trolley.
tbone lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:36 PM   #7
Luv Bunnies
DIS Veteran

I would definitely recommend Caltrain over BART. BART only goes as far south as Fremont which is about 20 miles from SJ. The cab fare certainly wouldn't be cheap. The nearest Caltrain station to the SJ airport is actually in Santa Clara (on El Camino Real) so I would take a cab there. Take Caltrain to San Francisco all the way to the end of the line (4th and King Street). From there you can either take a cab or take the lightrail going north to end of the line and then take a street car to Fisherman's Wharf. This information comes from my son who knows every Caltrain route in the Bay Area!
Luv Bunnies is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: