Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2010, 05:00 PM   #1
larry_poppins
Mouseketeer

Disney Visa $50 stateroom credit

Does anyone have any experience in getting the $50 stateroom credit from Disney Visa? What do you have to do to get it? Is is there while you are in the stateroom or do they give you a $50 credit after you get home?

Thanks,

Larry
larry_poppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:04 PM   #2
Dianatlol
ºoº Disney World / Cruise Addict ºoº

It's applied to your room. So whenever you charge something to your room, at the end you will see a credit for $50
2010 Caribbean Beach & Wonder Cruise
2011 Magic 7 Day Cruise (May 7, 2011)
2013 DisneyLand
2014 Fantasy 7 Day Cruise (July 19, 2014)
Dianatlol is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2010, 05:06 PM   #3
mickeyfan1
Come and let me show you my tatoo
Let me drive you crazy.....

It is an on board credit that will be on your stateroom account.

If you book on line, you will also get a $25 credit from DCL.

The OBC can be used topward tips, gif shop purchases, coffees in the Cove Cafe, etc.
mickeyfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:17 PM   #4
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_poppins View Post
Does anyone have any experience in getting the $50 stateroom credit from Disney Visa? What do you have to do to get it? Is is there while you are in the stateroom or do they give you a $50 credit after you get home?

Thanks,

Larry
You get it if you pay for the entire cruise (deposit & balance Paid in Full) with your Disney Visa. But frequently, it is NOT automatically applied, so you need to call DCL and have them apply it to your account after you've paid in full. You cannot see it online, but if you call DCL, they can verify if it's on your account or not.

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:42 PM   #5
larry_poppins
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the replies!

Larry
larry_poppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:05 PM   #6
itutorfortravel
I tutor high school math to pay for my travel addiction!

You have to have DCL apply the booking code, which used to be DCC, not sure if that's still it or not. You also have to use your Disney Visa to pay for the entire vacation in order to get the OBC. As a PP said, if you book online you'll also get a $25 OBC. When we cruised in December, there was a note in our cabin telling us that we had gotten both of the OBC's.
itutorfortravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:11 PM   #7
anna08
DIS Veteran

I asked my TA about this credit when booking and she emailed me saying it had been applied a day or two after I made reservation. So if you used a TA, they can check for you.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:29 PM   #8
hockeymom944
DVC Member

I booked a cruise a couple of months ago through DVC. I paid my balance in full the day I booked using my Disney Visa. Does anyone know 1) if I could get the OBC even if I booked through DVC and 2) can I get them to apply it now even though I booked in late February? Thanks for any info!
Old 05-05-2010, 11:32 PM   #9
mickeyfan1

Call DVC and ask them to add the code. Because it looks like DVC is your TA for this cruise. Go to the Disney Visa site and look at the perks, the code will be there. I think someopne posted it a few posts up, but I would verify it before calling. As long as you paid the whole ting with the card (deposit and balance) , you should be able to get it.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:51 PM   #10
Figment&Piglet
"The dreamport's never far away, when you use your imagination!"

Can you get the OB credit if you use the Disney Visa to pay for only one person in the travelling party (our daughter) as we will probably be using DVC points to pay for the two adults. thanks.

"Por favor, mantenganse alejado de las puertas."

Figment&Piglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:05 PM   #11
mickeyfan1

Per the Disney Visa site:

Use your Disney Rewards Visa Credit Card, Disney Rewards Visa® Debit Card, and/or Disney Rewards Redemption Card to book a Disney Cruise Line® vacation and receive a $50 onboard credit good towards merchandise, spa treatments, shore excursions and other onboard activities. Call 1-800-257-2024 or your travel agent to book a Disney Cruise Line® vacation and ask for booking code DCC. Offer must be requested at time of booking for new bookings only. The onboard credit is per stateroom for each stateroom paid in full with Disney Rewards Visa Card or a Disney Rewards Debit Card up to a maximum of 4 staterooms. Any unused portions are non-refundable and non-transferable. Cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts. Offer subject to change or cancellation without notice. Ships' Registry: The Bahamas.

I think the answer is No, because you are not paying for the enitre cruise with it.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:11 PM   #12
hockeymom944
DVC Member

I called DVC this morning and was told that I could not use the code. I then called Disney Visa and spent 35 minutes on the phone trying to clarify whether a DVC member who books through DVC using points and cash was eligible. I was transferred to a credit supervisor who first told me they did not offer the onboard credit, that it must be something that I get through the cruise line. I then guided him through the Rewards web site so he could figure out what I was talking about. After reading it, he still had no idea. He had never been on a cruise and had no idea how they are booked. I told him I had paid cash for myself and two sons and used points for my husband. He actually thought we had booked four staterooms - one for each of us. After a very looooong converstation, he came to the conclusion that since I had not paid for my husband, I was not eligible. It would be nice to have the $50, but my biggest gripe is that even a supervisor at Disney Visa has no idea what he is talking about. I kept telling him the promo was on the website for Disney Visa and he asked more then once, "What webiste?" I told him your website. Then he puts me on hold and comes back on and tells me that there is no info about it on the DVC website. I finally asked very nicely if I had called the wrong number. I told him I thought I had called cardmember services for my Disney Visa, not DVC. His last response was that since I got a discount, I could not get the $50. It was only for those people that have to pay full price. I was pretty frustrated at this point. The guy just made up answers as we went along. Very Frustrating! The Disney Visa does let DVC members get 0% interest for six months, but I guess not the $50. Has anyone ever had experience booking with DVC and using this code?
Old 05-06-2010, 03:43 PM   #13
True Romance
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymom944 View Post
I called DVC this morning and was told that I could not use the code. I then called Disney Visa and spent 35 minutes on the phone trying to clarify whether a DVC member who books through DVC using points and cash was eligible. I was transferred to a credit supervisor who first told me they did not offer the onboard credit, that it must be something that I get through the cruise line. I then guided him through the Rewards web site so he could figure out what I was talking about. After reading it, he still had no idea. He had never been on a cruise and had no idea how they are booked. I told him I had paid cash for myself and two sons and used points for my husband. He actually thought we had booked four staterooms - one for each of us. After a very looooong converstation, he came to the conclusion that since I had not paid for my husband, I was not eligible. It would be nice to have the $50, but my biggest gripe is that even a supervisor at Disney Visa has no idea what he is talking about. I kept telling him the promo was on the website for Disney Visa and he asked more then once, "What webiste?" I told him your website. Then he puts me on hold and comes back on and tells me that there is no info about it on the DVC website. I finally asked very nicely if I had called the wrong number. I told him I thought I had called cardmember services for my Disney Visa, not DVC. His last response was that since I got a discount, I could not get the $50. It was only for those people that have to pay full price. I was pretty frustrated at this point. The guy just made up answers as we went along. Very Frustrating! The Disney Visa does let DVC members get 0% interest for six months, but I guess not the $50. Has anyone ever had experience booking with DVC and using this code?
The onboard credit comes from DCL, not from Chase. The Disney Visa is a Chase credit card with a Disney tie-in. They are not Disney employees nor do they know how the OBC work for DCL. Your best option would be talking to someone at DCL about the credit. They will know what they are talking about and if you qualify for it.
Disney Wonder 4.17.11 10 Hot Nights on the Mexican Riveria
Disney Wonder 2.12.12 Mexican Rivera
Tinkerbell 1/2 Marathon 1.21.13
Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon 11.10.13-C2C
Tinkerbell 1/2 1.17.14
Avengers 1/2 11.16.14
True Romance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 05:25 PM   #14
KevieKev05
DIS Veteran

If we pay with two separate Disney Visa cards, will the $50 stateroom credit still be given? Just want to make sure before we do it!
April 25, 2010: 4-night Disney Wonder - TRIP REPORT
July 20, 2010: 5-night Disney Wonder (Key West)
December 2, 2010: 3-night Disney Wonder
January 21, 2011: 2-night Disney Dream (Benefit Preview Cruise)
February 3, 2011: 3-night Disney Dream - TRIP REPORT
May 14, 2011: 14-night Disney Magic (Eastbound Transatlantic) - TRIP REPORT
November 17, 2011: 3-night Disney Dream - TRIP REPORT
December 8, 2011: 3-night Disney Dream
July 28, 2012: 7-night Disney Fantasy (Eastern Caribbean)
September 7, 2012: 5-night Disney Magic (Canada/New England Coast)
December 6, 2012: 3-night Disney Dream
May 6, 2013: 14-night Disney Wonder (Westbound Panama Canal)
December 13, 2013: 5-night Disney Magic (Western Caribbean)
April 5, 2014: 7-night Disney Fantasy (Eastern Caribbean)
September 1, 2014: 7-night Disney Wonder (Alaska)

KevieKev05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 05:30 PM   #15
pluto1979
DIS Veteran

YOu have to make sure you pay all your payments using your Visa card. In addition you need to make sure you use the correct booking code which has been listed on this site. You can also call them to make sure they add the booking code if you did not do this to begin with. Once all payments are made and you check in for the cruise you will find a note in your stateroom on your bed saying that you have a credit of $50.00 to be used onboard the ship.
Enjoy your cruise and have a WONDERful or MAGICal time!

Be sure to follow my blog about my life as a Disney Cast Member!
Disney Dreamer & Magic Maker
http://www.disneycm.blogspot.com
pluto1979 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: