Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2013, 05:14 PM   #166
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
I really dislike the trend to go with all white bed covers. Looks blah to me, as if you could be at any resort anywhere. Part of the fun of the Disney resorts is that they are themed. Not sure why taking that out of the room is considered to be upgrading the room.
Thank you. I totally agree. In another thread someone complained about the fact that the rooms at the GF looked like Grandma's house. The GF is Victorian themed - what did he expect? Something that looked like it came straight out of an Ikea catalogue?

Last edited by siskaren; 06-09-2013 at 05:19 PM.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:50 AM   #167
lylone
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them

I like the white comforters/duvets better. That way you can really see if there are any stains on it.
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2013, 05:56 PM   #168
Mindy5767
Loving My DVC Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylone View Post
I like the white comforters/duvets better. That way you can really see if there are any stains on it.
I think you're on to it! I think the trend of the white duvet covers has to do with the fact that you can bleach them. They are easier to keep clean. Housekeeping can pull the duvet cover off and wash fresh for each guest. In fact, that is a key advertising feature at Hampton Inn and Suites and other Hilton properties. I'd rather have a clean duvet cover touching my skin that have to touch a nasty bedspread that might not have been washed in a while. I think those quilted bedspreads with the scratchy backing are very bulky to wash and don't last long if they're washed often.

The white covers can easily be dressed up and themed with bed throws (that are easier to wash) and throw pillows.

If a bedspread were looking like MY grandmother's house, it would be one of those chenille ones with the fringe! Remember those!!

Mindy5767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #169
Hisgirl
DIS Veteran

This has to be my favorite all-time thread title!

I, too, HATE bedspreads in hotels. I see them as big, soft, germ colonies...especially, ESPECIALLY after that news special where they took a black light into hotels and found all the cough, cough, bodily fluids, ack...on the spreads. I'm still trying to figure that one out..I mean really yall, get a hotel. But at least get IN the bed!

It's the first thing I toss on the floor and I never touch it again the whole trip. Yuck!

And YES, they are all ugly as homemade sin!
Old 07-05-2013, 11:44 AM   #170
Kellitinkerbelli
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Love the title of your thread. LMAO
Kellitinkerbelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:06 AM   #171
princesshenz3
Earning My Ears

I love this! All my friends make fun of me because that's the first thing I do is take off that nasty comforter. So glad they are switching...looks and feels so much cleaner!
princesshenz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:12 PM   #172
spiritsim
DIS Veteran

old bedspreads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy5767 View Post
I think you're on to it! I think the trend of the white duvet covers has to do with the fact that you can bleach them. They are easier to keep clean. Housekeeping can pull the duvet cover off and wash fresh for each guest. In fact, that is a key advertising feature at Hampton Inn and Suites and other Hilton properties. I'd rather have a clean duvet cover touching my skin that have to touch a nasty bedspread that might not have been washed in a while. I think those quilted bedspreads with the scratchy backing are very bulky to wash and don't last long if they're washed often.

The white covers can easily be dressed up and themed with bed throws (that are easier to wash) and throw pillows.

If a bedspread were looking like MY grandmother's house, it would be one of those chenille ones with the fringe! Remember those!!
you know you can still buy those through fingerhut........now who wants one ick!!!!

WDW Commando Member #241
First time in the world! But not our last! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3359150
spiritsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:53 PM   #173
plumsiren
DIS Veteran

Love this thread! Still drooling over the Arts and Crafts-type furniture at the Grand Californian!

I'm really amused by how the CBR bedspreads have actually gotten worse since 1996! When we stayed there, they were a sort of muted blue with those white hospitality pineapples. Very simple and I didn't think they were tacky at all. I have a picture somewhere...

ETA: Found this picture online. Right furniture, wrong bedspreads (wow those are heinous); wonder what year this is from.

ETA2: Here's our room! I was remembering wrong - pineapples on all the furniture (including bathroom vanity) but not bedspreads. Still, not bad for mid-90s! We were in Martinique; I wonder if that had any bearing on the bedspreads.

Last edited by plumsiren; 08-06-2013 at 06:19 PM.
plumsiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #174
AndreaA
Mouseketeer

Someone asked about the runners in WL. We were in a WL suite last year and here's a picture of the bedroom:

LOVED it. Going back this year but staying in a Villa, and kind of dreading the bedspread. They are supposed to be going to triple-sheeting there too, but I doubt it will be done by September.

Wilderness Lodge - Oct.2012
Villas @ WL - Sept.2013

Contemporary - Jan. 2015
Villas @ WL - Nov. 2015
AndreaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:46 PM   #175
plumsiren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaA View Post
Someone asked about the runners in WL. We were in a WL suite last year and here's a picture of the bedroom:

LOVED it. Going back this year but staying in a Villa, and kind of dreading the bedspread. They are supposed to be going to triple-sheeting there too, but I doubt it will be done by September.
I remember reconsidering VWL based on the ugliness of the bedspreads alone! Actually all of the decor was shockingly ugly to me. They need to go more in the direction of the Grand Californian's decor!
Old 08-06-2013, 09:40 PM   #176
AndreaA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumsiren View Post
I remember reconsidering VWL based on the ugliness of the bedspreads alone! Actually all of the decor was shockingly ugly to me. They need to go more in the direction of the Grand Californian's decor!
HA! I was actually JUST looking longingly at the BLT beds (which actually have a duvet, but still look better!) and even considering switching at this late date! But the free dining, along with the definite kid-appeal for my boys is keeping me at VWL. I do love the main lodge/pool/surroundings.

...but I will be asking for extra sheets and doing my OWN triple sheeting when I get there!

Wilderness Lodge - Oct.2012
Villas @ WL - Sept.2013

Contemporary - Jan. 2015
Villas @ WL - Nov. 2015
AndreaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:04 PM   #177
plumsiren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaA View Post
HA! I was actually JUST looking longingly at the BLT beds (which actually have a duvet, but still look better!) and even considering switching at this late date! But the free dining, along with the definite kid-appeal for my boys is keeping me at VWL. I do love the main lodge/pool/surroundings.

...but I will be asking for extra sheets and doing my OWN triple sheeting when I get there!
If they could put the BLT rooms inside the VWL building I'd be one happy camper!
Old 12-06-2013, 09:39 PM   #178
GrumpyGoat
Disney Curmudgeon

Bedspreads? You people are obsessing about bedspreads? I pay so little attention to the bedspreads that I can't remember what they even looked like on our recent trip.
GrumpyGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:55 PM   #179
jk and ek
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyGoat View Post
Bedspreads? You people are obsessing about bedspreads? I pay so little attention to the bedspreads that I can't remember what they even looked like on our recent trip.
guess this isn't the thread for you then, huh?

put me in the camp of greatly preferring white comforters with a bed runner over a scuzzy bedspread. when we stay in a hotel that still has one, it goes right on the floor and into a corner. yuck.

01/09 @ POP
12/11 @ OKW & AKL Kidani
02/14 @ BLT & AKL Jambo (+1 night AOA for a pool day!)

now planning for first disney cruise in feb. of 2015
+ 5 more days in WDW @ BWV
jk and ek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:14 PM   #180
Three cats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylone View Post
.....or anything crawling on it..........
Three cats is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bedspreads, offsite, onsite, resorts, ugly

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: